• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Background music of the show

I wish that they would just crank the volume up a bit too. There was definitely a noticeable drop in volume during the transition from DP to BW, it's either that or my hearing is getting worse. I know that on some TV shows like say Doctor Who for example, the music is louder than the dialogue but that's because music is an essential part to the experience and I feel that the Pokemon Anime, like its video game cousins are the same. They don't need to have the music loud enough to make us death and drown out the characters but just at a level where the music is more audible than it has been recently.

I was seriously disappointed when the vocal version of "The Ultimate Challenge" song used in Sinnoh League Victors (which needs to be publicly released by the way) was drowned during its two airings. There is a plus side to that though. Because of the quiet music, assuming you are watching on a PC, you can just simply play some music in your media player and still here the voices and the already installed BGM even less so!

Just another reason to stay away from the dub. I feel bad for all dub watchers who have to put up with TPCI' music shenanigans... both the replacement of the original music with their own crap part of it, as well as the lowering of the volume of the original pieces that are not replaced. These changes are just totally pointless... it's like they do it only because the sound guys over at the dubbing company need to have something to do.

Last edited:
I don't understand why they need to do it in the first place. It's not a money issue, TCPi already payed for the music in the first place. Maybe it's a problem with the audio mixing at DuArt?

Some of this is probably up to the network, which may also apply post-processing on the audio when it goes on the air. A fairer comparison would probably the home video versions.

Which BGM in the anime was really sad for you?
Mine would be the instrumental of Kimi no mune ni lalala that played at the end of DP.
Some other sad ones were
Tears After Cloudy Weather
Prayer
A Meeting and Parting etc.

The BGM in M04 that plays when Ash fails to revive Celebi, realizes that it's dead, and begins to cry.

Another would be:
Tears of Life

Agreed. The BGM in M04 nearly got me crying when I saw Celebi being revived by the others that traveled through time to help it out.

Tears of Life was a rare shining BGM soundtrack for the English dub, found in M01 no less. lol.

A meeting and parting. it reminds me of when the show was good way way back in the day

[video=youtube;rlEp9cfm12E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlEp9cfm12E[/video]

A meeting and parting. it reminds me of when the show was good way way back in the day
No need to insult the show like that. I mean, you're free to voice your opinion in the right places, but criticism and complaints like that are unnecessary for this thread.

A Meeting and Parting and Tears After Cloudy Weather are just such nostalgic tracks. Probably two of my favorite bgms from the entire series because of how they were used in the show. Prayer's a pretty sad one two. So pretty much nothing that hasn't already been said.

Masaki's Lighthouse is one I can't really tell if it's sad, or just creepy.

Tears after a cloudy weather...I have never been able even once to listen to this sound track without crying :'(
Also, meetings and partings sums 50 per cent of my childhood :(

Hmm...not really that I find any track in Pokémon really sad, but some touches me somewhere really deep.

For example Satoshi no risō (Ash's Ideals) from the Zekrom movie. First the piano, then that epic fanfare...it never fails to me.
Another from the Zekrom movie is Ryūmyoku shizume yo (Calm the Dragon Force). It's so calming in the beginning, and gets faster and faster when it goes on.

And don't let me get started with movie 15 music. Every BGM in that movie is perfect. The theme of Sacred Swordsmen (Swords of Justice) that have three different arrangements are great: Legend of the Sacred Swordsmen is calm, relaxing. The Sacred Swordsmen got faster pace, and have some glittering hope in it, totally fitting the mood of the scene where it plays (Keldeo telling about the Swords of Justice to Ash). And finally, Oath of the Sacred Swordsmen is fast, strong and totally upbeat.

Movie 8 have some great tracks too. Peaceful Castle ~ a Crisis is Coming is simply epic. The strong "dun dun" in the beginning is amazing. Life Sacrifice starts with really deep tone, fitting really the mood of "Lucario's going to sacrifice himself and he knows it". Awesome, really touching. And I'm not even going to mention how moving the following track, Goodbye ~ Lucario is.

Dammit, there's just too much good, touching tracks in Pokémon to review them all here and now.

I have two, and both are found in the original Japanese dub only.

The first is found a few rare times in Best Wishes, but being that they haven't announced an official BW soundtrack yet, I can't post it on here. It plays in the original dub of "Butterfree and Me!", when Ash has flashbacks about his Butterfree, and in the most recent episode, "Best Wishes! Until the Day We Meet Again!", right after Parker is rescued back on the boat and Iris is pointing out the Magikarp and Lapras. I hate how they changed the music in the English dub of the Butterfree episode, and I really hope they don't do it again for the dub of the one I just mentioned... -_-

The second was actually unreleased, and it's here:

[video=youtube;ps5cPpiIplM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps5cPpiIplM[/video]

This music also plays in the Japanese version of Misty's departure. It just has such a nostalgic, Kanto-y vibe to it, doesn't it?

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom