• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia MCH Multiverse Mafia! ENDGAME (TOWN WIN); 6/16/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with FA, the circumstances of that message are strange. Of quartz there could be a JOAT or something, I've seen players be able to use a different type of action each night, but that would require more time topaz than has in this game, so Leggo's jumped ahead of Hellcrow in terms of fishiness. Please explain, Leggo.

I DID GET A MESSAGE FROM "A Courier" DURING LAST NIGHT PHASE, BUT IT CONTAINED NO GAME RELEVANT INFORMATION SO I DIDN'T THINK IT NECESSARY TO MENTION. (The message itself was more or less "Hi, I hope you're enjoying the game!" and I wasn't given the messenger's identity).

SO I CAN BUY THAT LEGGO GOT A MESSAGE. WHETHER IT WAS TELLING THEM THE TRUTH OR THEY'RE TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT IT, I HAVE NO IDEA. @FinalArcadia; WHY THE DOUBT THAT A COP WOULD HAVE CHECKED LEETIC?

SO I CAN BUY THAT LEGGO GOT A MESSAGE. WHETHER IT WAS TELLING THEM THE TRUTH OR THEY'RE TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT IT, I HAVE NO IDEA. @FinalArcadia; WHY THE DOUBT THAT A COP WOULD HAVE CHECKED LEETIC?
That's interesting that potentially two messages went out, not sure what to think about that or what kind of ability would entail that (or what the reason is for the very different content between the two messages). But I doubt a cop checked leetic because of an item-related reason, though that's all I can say. Could be wrong, but I feel 90% sure he probably wasn't.

Speaking of @leetic though, haven't seen a whole lot from him lately beyond voting TheCapsFan. Any thoughts on this message, leetic?

Because Leggo's post happened in Day 2, right? That means the cop check and courier would have both had to happen in Night 1, which, the way I see it, would need one of two things to happen, if we're to believe Leggo:
a.) We have a cop that gets their results sent to another player, which seems highly unusual even for this game, ore
b.) The cop and courier have outside communication, possibly scumbuddies.

Here's a link to the post! Like Sunsette said, it occurred in the second half of the phase, if I've got my times right.
I only revealed about it then because originally I was going to post about it around the time of the post update, but it was late when I dealt with the update and I felt paranoid that I might be revealing crucial stuff that might be hurting leetic if mafia were to go after him because of what I said and if he actually flips town.
Either that or I shouldn't read back around 11 PM.

Tbh, the update time gets me confused, so now I just wait until the hosts update.
@Leggo is there anything more you can tell us about this message in detail that's within the rules? Like any kind of flavor that explained why you received this or something?
I didn't get any flavor. Keep in mind I was paraphrasing because host rules say that there should be any copying-pasting from host results and PMs.

I'll paraphrase it for synonyms just it case.

"You got a message from what fancy term that Sunsette said"
This reminds me of like an email or a text tbh
I agree with FA, the circumstances of that message are strange. Of quartz there could be a JOAT or something, I've seen players be able to use a different type of action each night, but that would require more time topaz than has in this game, so Leggo's jumped ahead of Hellcrow in terms of fishiness. Please explain, Leggo.
I find this as strange as you too as this is like the time I've dealt with someone with this role.

I've checked Mafiascum and this role is called "Courier/Mailman", so I guess we have a mailman amongst us?

In terms of balancing, it's kind of hard to believe that a Courier and an Announcer are both town, but then again I don't know how much RNG we're dealing with.
Because Leggo's post happened in Day 2, right? That means the cop check and courier would have both had to happen in Night 1, which, the way I see it, would need one of two things to happen, if we're to believe Leggo:
a.) We have a cop that gets their results sent to another player, which seems highly unusual even for this game, ore
b.) The cop and courier have outside communication, possibly scumbuddies.
Though, it is also possible that the Courier is leetic. If this was the usual mafia game where private communication was allowed, then getting a message about someone being town could be helpful in terms of having allies.

But since I can't PM anyone, it's useless.

I remember when being mafia in Phoenicks' LotR mafia way back when, it was one of our goals to get rid of the Restless Spirit, so we could get rid of their PM capabilities as there was a mass claim via PMs.

The mafia have two reasons not to lynch me:
1) As Midorikawa said, it would clear me
2) I don't have private communication, so they have more of a reason of going after someone else than me unless I become a potential threat to them.

I'll make a reads list

From Most Likely Town to Less Likely Town; Middle is Neutral
FinalArcadia
Midorikawa
Sunsette
jdthebud
TheCapsFan
Elementar
Crystal Onix
leetic
DrumBeats
Hellcrow

I acknowledge going down the list, it shows people with less and less activity. I know that life comes first and I don't know if activity in mafia games have declined nowadays, but it doesn't sit well with me.

Just for everyone to know, I might post less on MonTueWed as I have to deal with lab. Though, I still have to deal with studying.

Apparently, Shadow Claw is a Cute move. Okie doks.
093.gif

I AGREE THAT EVERYONE NEEDS TO VOTE, THAT'S NOT THE PART THAT BUGS ME. MAYBE IT'S THE WORDING, BUT THERE'S SOMETHING I DON'T LIKE ABOUT THE VOTING BREAKDOWN PLUS "reply to my post or I will call you out for skimming".

That's because we as a town can't ignore said post. We have not lynched twice, and day one only had 3 or 4 votes cast. We cannot win by doing this. I don't want anyone trying to pull the "I didn't see the post" as an excuse for either a lack of voting or for a hammer within the first 24 hours, so I want everyone to acknowledge the post now.

In regards to the Leetic/Leggo thing, I think it is the friendly neighbor role. I know Zexy had it in Election mafia. If that's the case, this would clear Leetic. The only other possibility I can think of is a Leetic/Leggo scumteam, but that would be a risky move. Leetic using the role on the supposed restless spirit would make a lot of sense, since even if Leggo died, they could still out him as clear.

Also Leggo, please read my bold, underlined post on page 11 and mention something about it, so I know you did.

@DrumBeats; I've already read your post when I was on mobile. I do agree with this mechanism, but I don't like how you're going with it as Sunsette says here
I AGREE THAT EVERYONE NEEDS TO VOTE, THAT'S NOT THE PART THAT BUGS ME. MAYBE IT'S THE WORDING, BUT THERE'S SOMETHING I DON'T LIKE ABOUT THE VOTING BREAKDOWN PLUS "reply to my post or I will call you out for skimming".
I DON'T KNOW, IT ALMOST FEELS TO ME LIKE DB IS SETTING IT UP SO THAT HE CAN DECIDE WHAT IS AND ISN'T SCUM BEHAVIOR.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were some people who won't follow it.

I know that desperate times comes with desperate measures, but we also need to increase activity and discussion.

As you can see, a handful of people being not active has been hurting us as they not helping us and reading back and voting doesn't help us especially with this mandatory hammer voting in order to get a lynch.

The mafia has broke a straw as they took Zexy, one of our most active players. I wouldn't be surprised if they try hitting another active player this phase.

In terms of posts being ignored, I guess some people skim as some do not like to read.

I usually make wordy posts and my writing style is a bit off atm. Reasons why I may be ignored. And I'm feeling like a ghost and it's what I hate the most~ Boo!

I usually find that people who usually read posts into detail catches things which is why going back and reading helps, but I'm not so sure if there's like new rules stating that one shouldn't quote old posts from early phases or something because I remember Enzap posting something about it.

I wish we had a cool countdown mechanism like Mafia Universe does (like it literally counts down 'til end of the phase which is so cool imo), so we can know how much time is left is in the phase.

Once the phase update comes and the host posts the next update time, I'll make sure to make one via web as there's nice ones online.

Night 2: More Fails Worthy of a Ragequit
2. @Elementar

3. @Midorikawa

4. @DrumBeats

5. @jdthebud

6. @Leggo

7. @Hellcrow

8. @leetic

9. @FinalArcadia

10. @Sunsette

11. @Crystal Onix

12. @TheCapsFan

Another day another dollar, except the dollar was stolen, and once again no one was lynched.
Town's response:

Either way, now it was nighttime, and as soon as it began, haddaway's hit song "what is love" began playing for no real reason.

IT IS NOW NIGHT 2 ACTIONS ARE USABLE
PHASE ENDS 24 HOURS FROM NOW AND ENDS EARLY IF ALL ACTIONS ARE SENT.

About Leggo's post, does anyone know of an item that could do that?

Anyway, I'll start to try and catch up now. Sorry for being a while.

I usually find that people who usually read posts into detail catches things which is why going back and reading helps, but I'm not so sure if there's like new rules stating that one shouldn't quote old posts from early phases or something because I remember Enzap posting something about it.
If this a rule then I probably broke it multiple times already.

@Elementar How would any of us know of an item that can do that unless someone has it and wishes to come out, which since they haven't yet, they most likely don't plan on coming out soon.

I find this as strange as you too as this is like the time I've dealt with someone with this role.

I've checked Mafiascum and this role is called "Courier/Mailman", so I guess we have a mailman amongst us?

In terms of balancing, it's kind of hard to believe that a Courier and an Announcer are both town, but then again I don't know how much RNG we're dealing with.

Though, it is also possible that the Courier is leetic. If this was the usual mafia game where private communication was allowed, then getting a message about someone being town could be helpful in terms of having allies.
I didn't say that I doubt there's a courier. I don't specifically expect there not to be, I'm just not schorl either way until I get a message from them. One thing I don't expect, though, is for the hypothetical cop and courier to be the same person, which would be necessary if your courier were town. That's my coral argument in that post, that what would be necessary for it to be towny is very very improbable.
What's more likely is that the courier is scum, or there never was a courier. Well, at least not your courier.
But since I can't PM anyone, it's useless.

I remember when being mafia in Phoenicks' LotR mafia way back when, it was one of our goals to get rid of the Restless Spirit, so we could get rid of their PM capabilities as there was a mass claim via PMs.

The mafia have two reasons not to lynch me:
1) As Midorikawa said, it would clear me
2) I don't have private communication, so they have more of a reason of going after someone else than me unless I become a potential threat to them.
[/QUOTE]
However, you announced your wandering spirit role early on before mafic had a chance to try to kill you, which would give mafia a reason to lynch others over you, ORE an excuse when the mafia doesn't NK you, depending on your alignment, so that doesn't really clear you.

Granite, it's possible that Leetic/his replacement (Elementar?) could be the courier in question or scumbuddies with the courier, but I'm not entirely convinced of that.

So for now, my top picks fore scum are
  1. Leggo
  2. Leetic
  3. Hellcrow, still, as mentioned previously

I noticed soemone voted Hellcrow during the day phase. I don't really remember a case being shown (I'm also really tired though so...), but here are his posts so people can decide for themselves.

Hello~ Not entirely sure what to do yet, but this game just started. I think, anyway?

or am I following my post restriction? what do you think? :3

Thoughts? I'm not entirely sure of what the situation is here yet >.< But Caps seems to have a wagon building on him, and I do agree with FA's points, so my vote may go there.. Or I might be lost. =p

So I'm not the only one with little idea what to say. >w<
Vote: TheCapsFan
This should move things along a little, I think...?

@DrumBeats It's early on in a slow game, really? Those posts were to play to my post restriction while actually trying to move things along.

The first stated my position, in agreeing with your points and being willing to vote Caps. The second was voting him after a quiet period, in order to push things forward and prevent the phase from stalling entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom