• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia MCH Multiverse Mafia! ENDGAME (TOWN WIN); 6/16/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
My puns rock, don't you think?
I'll admit, though, coming up with original material within this vein is rising higher on the Mohs scale.

@Elementar I thought so, but I wasn't quite sure right then whether you replaced leetic or Piko

For @Midorikawa
Hellcrow listing the bandwagon on Caps as his first reason for voting against him feels a bityite scummy, but I'm not sure whether to feel his pointing to FA's post feels more like it lends legitimacy to Hellcrow's vote or makes it feel like he's hiding behind FA due to his not being specific about which of FA's arguments he agrees with.
I know it's not really a strong case, which is why Hellcrow's not really a major scumrad and is below Leggo and Elementar on the list, but still that's my reason for thinking he looks more scummy than towny.

Also, since I know we're not allowed to edit posts anymore, would @returnofMCH please be so kind as to fix that quote tag in my previous post for me, assuming that's allowed?

My puns rock, don't you think?
I'll admit, though, coming up with original material within this vein is rising higher on the Mohs scale.

@Elementar I thought so, but I wasn't quite sure right then whether you replaced leetic or Piko

For @Midorikawa

I know it's not really a strong case, which is why Hellcrow's not really a major scumrad and is below Leggo and Elementar on the list, but still that's my reason for thinking he looks more scummy than towny.

Also, since I know we're not allowed to edit posts anymore, would @returnofMCH please be so kind as to fix that quote tag in my previous post for me, assuming that's allowed?
I said I'm half asleep. so I wasn't sure :p

Also MCH can't fix that since only mods can edit posts not their own.

Crystal Onix said:
Leggo my Eggo said:
But since I can't PM anyone, it's useless.

I remember when being mafia in Phoenicks' LotR mafia way back when, it was one of our goals to get rid of the Restless Spirit, so we could get rid of their PM capabilities as there was a mass claim via PMs.

The mafia have two reasons not to lynch me:
1) As Midorikawa said, it would clear me
2) I don't have private communication, so they have more of a reason of going after someone else than me unless I become a potential threat to them.
However, you announced your wandering spirit role early on before mafic had a chance to try to kill you, which would give mafia a reason to lynch others over you, ORE an excuse when the mafia doesn't NK you, depending on your alignment, so that doesn't really clear you.

Granite, it's possible that Leetic/his replacement (Elementar?) could be the courier in question or scumbuddies with the courier, but I'm not entirely convinced of that.

So for now, my top picks fore scum are
  1. Leggo
  2. Leetic
  3. Hellcrow, still, as mentioned previously
Fixed for you :p

Ad interim, ad sumus with my reads up to page 7.

Zexy - ad mortem. Seemed a little scummy to me actually. But I want provide much more on Zexy because of my first comment on him.
Midorikawa - Town. Providing quite a bit and helped get some answers out of the two millers.
DrumBeats - alter ego with Caps. I am suspicious of both of them at this point. However, I'm probably thinking that Drum is more towny than Caps at this stage. Maybe alumnus with Caps and they tried to pull some large plan off, but failed. Unlikely though.
jdthebud - Isn't providing too much. Seems to be avoiding it. Could be advocatus diaboli, but only slightly. Pretty much saying 'bella gerant alii.' (My post restriction is hilarious).
Leggo - Seems to be town. Helping out, and claims Restless spirit. Not much discussion on that either.
Hellcrow - Pretty inactive. I'd go neutral. In all honesty, I don't know what to read them on.
leetic - Seemed a little scummy with post 84. I wouldn't believe both claims straight away without any further questions. Slight scum.
FinalArcadia - Decently inactive. I'll go null.
Sunsette - Wanted to get the game going, which seems quite towny.
Crystal Onix - A little indecisive. I'll go town lean.
TheCapsFan - More scummy than DB.

Made the countdown! I made it Christmas theme because Shipmas.

I almost thought it was day phase already and night phase went bye bye. I'm not good with time.
I didn't say that I doubt there's a courier. I don't specifically expect there not to be, I'm just not schorl either way until I get a message from them. One thing I don't expect, though, is for the hypothetical cop and courier to be the same person, which would be necessary if your courier were town. That's my coral argument in that post, that what would be necessary for it to be towny is very very improbable.
What's more likely is that the courier is scum, or there never was a courier. Well, at least not your courier.
I'm just as confused as you are at this point.

Especially since Sunsette got a message from a Courier too. Is it the same Courier? Are there two Couriers? Could Sunsette be this Courier? Could Sunsette be allied with this Courier? These are questions to think about.
However, you announced your wandering spirit role early on before mafic had a chance to try to kill you, which would give mafia a reason to lynch others over you, ORE an excuse when the mafia doesn't NK you, depending on your alignment, so that doesn't really clear you.

Granite, it's possible that Leetic/his replacement (Elementar?) could be the courier in question or scumbuddies with the courier, but I'm not entirely convinced of that.

So for now, my top picks fore scum are

Leggo
Leetic
Hellcrow, still, as mentioned previously
If you want to FoS me or vote me, go ahead if it helps town, it's fine with me. I'm just frustrated with how things are going atm.

If my lynch helps so be it.

Since the rules say that I can't target myself, I guess this means that I can't vote for myself.

Regarding mafia mentality, mafia usually go for their top threat first or someone they know that they can NK easily without interference.

I already said that I regret claiming so early.
Regarding affirming TheCapsFan's guess about me being Restless Spirit, I kind of regret that as now the mafia won't want to NK me and I remember one game where the mafia NK'd me when I did have a Restless Spirit role in Mintaka's WR mafia, iirc (gotta read back on that).

Plus, my paranoia gets the best of me sometimes, so I might freak out and think of the worst case scenario from time to time which includes being scared of the mafia for some reason.

I think I'm regaining my mafia skills after not playing for months, but I'm not so sure tbh.
I noticed soemone voted Hellcrow during the day phase. I don't really remember a case being shown (I'm also really tired though so...), but here are his posts so people can decide for themselves.
The people who voted for Hellcrow was Sunsette, me, and jdthebud in order of people who voted for him.

Though, I do find it strange how jdthebud voted last minute. Maybe they were busy.
Also MCH can't fix that since only mods can edit posts not their own.
I thought hosts were at least be able to edit their posts unless they've changed the rules again.

@Leggo CO was asking for him to fix their post not for the host to fix their own post. MCH isn't a mod so he literally cannot edit any posts but his own.

Also your skills will come back. Heck look at me. I somehow won my first game back after my own long break.

Well, my reads still stand basically. My top scum reads are leetic, Caps and jd at the moment, but I'll look more into Leggo.

Especially since Sunsette got a message from a Courier too. Is it the same Courier? Are there two Couriers? Could Sunsette be this Courier? Could Sunsette be allied with this Courier? These are questions to think about.
I DUNNO HOW I'D BE THE COURIER SINCE I ALSO RECEIVED A MESSAGE. I WOULDN'T DISCOUNT THERE BEING TWO COURIERS GIVEN HOW THINGS HAVE ALREADY HAPPENED BUT I HOPE THAT'S NOT THE CASE WITH A LOT OF ROLES.

MY BEST GUESS IS THAT LEETIC MIGHT BE ONE OF THE COURIERS AND WAS TRYING TO CLEAR THEMSELVES TO SOMEONE WHO THEY THOUGHT WAS LIKELY TOWN (IE THE CLAIMED RESTLESS SPIRIT), OR THAT THE COURIER ALSO HAS AN INVESTIGATIVE ROLE AND THIS WAS THE ONLY WAY THEY HAD TO SHARE THEIR RESULTS.

Actually, I can clear some of the leetic stuff up now. I had to clarify something with the hosts and it altered my interpretation of what happened with the message and how I thought my item worked.

In light of this, I am fairly positive that leetic is indeed a mailman/courier and that Leggo really did receive a message because I have strong reason to believe that leetic used an action on Leggo last night phase. Could be coincidental, but the obvious answer is that leetic was the one sending that message to Leggo, and that also means that those two are probably not a scum team together. However, unless leetic could target two people and my item couldn't pick up any info on him doing so, I don't think he is the one who sent a message to Sunsette. So I'm guessing there are either two couriers or Sunsette made up the message, but I don't get what benefit the latter would have to I'm leaning toward two couriers.

Though, being courier doesn't really help much alignment-wise. especially in my eyes since I have used mafia reporters and mailmen-esque roles in my own games haha So it depends on what we think leetic's intentions were in sending the message that said he was innocent. I'm still trying to think about it from multiple angles, but my gut is leaning scummy at the moment.

FinalArcadia - Decently inactive. I'll go null.
I don't know how I've been "decently inactive" to be honest?

-----
In regards to Hellcrow's posts, his restriction makes it hard to tell how much is him playing to the restriction or him being genuinely lost in this game. Really hasn't scumhunted much though, and with so few posts, its hard to look for any potential evidence.

@FinalArcadia actually for all we know they are scum buddies and they did that to either try to clear leetic or just to make themselves look different alignments in case one dies, the other can avoid suspicion. Its really not enough evidence to decide they're not both Mafia.

@Elementar FA is one of the most active players in this game actually. And honestly probably the most towniest. How do you even read her as null?

@FinalArcadia actually for all we know they are scum buddies and they did that to either try to clear leetic or just to make themselves look different alignments in case one dies, the other can avoid suspicion. Its really not enough evidence to decide they're not both Mafia.
That's true, it is a possibility. Personally I feel like they aren't working together if one is scum (and if one is, I'd say its leetic) and that it makes more sense that they aren't a mafia team, but yeah, there's no definite proof that they aren't.

If there are two Couriers, I wonder how many more duplicate roles are out there in this game or maybe there's duplicate items used during the same phase.

Sorry I haven't been active lately, I should be able to get on more this weekend.

The reason I changed my vote to Hellcrow was in hopes of getting more people to jump on it so there wouldn't be another no-lynch, as my townreads were the ones leading it. However, I failed to notice that it was that close to the end of the phase and there was not enough time for that.

Current reads list:

Midorikawa - Town. Providing quite a bit and helped get some answers out of the two millers.
DrumBeats - I believe both Caps and DB's claims to be millers. He's been trying to advance the game a bit as well.
Pikochu/Elementar - Pikochu's post was still scummy, and even though Elementar has been pretty active, my suspicion has not lessened that much. He's scum reading me for being inactive, and that's about it.
Leggo - Claimed Restless spirit, seems to match his restriction. Could be faking but I'm inclined to believe it.
Hellcrow - I'm not familiar with his style like some others, so he's kind of null for me. Leggo was scumreading him so I jumped on the bandwagon.
leetic - Leggo got that message about him, and FA's post about his item rings true for me, so I think he could be a courier as has been stated. Not indicative of alignment, so he's still reads null to me.
FinalArcadia - Strong Town lean here. Been posting pretty good analysis, and although he's been voting for Caps it feels more of a paranoid town vote to me rather than trying to mislynch someone.
Sunsette - She started the voting on Hellcrow with some post analysis, which I liked, so slight town read here.
Crystal Onix - Has starting contributing a bit more recently. Her scum read on Leggo is interesting though. I'll go null for now.
TheCapsFan - I believe his 2nd miller claim. Would like to see some of his reads though since he hasn't been contributing them for some reason. >.<

Hopefully everyone survives the night, except for the bad guys.

Day 3: No Dying Message Here
the nighttime passed, and all of sudden a superhero died of all things.
however word got out there was another announcer...
Announce: I, also being an announcer, may not be as skilled a player as Zexy, but I shale also be sure to keep you posted if I figure out anything useful.
who could possibly be the other announcer? this is getting serious.
Dear leetic, you are Cole McGrath from the inFAMOUS games.
infamous_2_7679.jpg

after being given super powers, you can decide to become good, or evil, but in the game's canon, you are good.

you where once a mailman, and as such, can send a PM to the hosts, with the intent of sending it to another player that night phase.

In short, you are the Courier.

Post Restriction: be cynical, despite being a superhero, you can be VERY sarcastic.

You are allied with the Town. You win if all threats to the town are removed.
leetic was nightkilled. he was cole mcgrath, a courier
IT IS NOW DAY 3, YOU MAY BEGIN VOTING
WITH 10 PEOPLE ALIVE, 6 IS REQUIRED TO LYNCH
PHASE ENDS 36 HOURS FROM NOW.

So leetic was a courier! So if they were the only courier, we should be able to interpret that they're pretty true. So what type of messages were sent?

And remember guys, my reads were until page 7, so they have obviously changed a bit since then. So, I'll provide updated ones.

Midorikawa - Town.
DrumBeats - Null-town
jdthebud - Null-slight town
Leggo - Scum
Hellcrow - Null-slight scum
FinalArcadia - Town
Sunsette - Town
Crystal Onix - Null
TheCapsFan - Null-scum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back