• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM038: Mimikkyu's Disguise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've seen of the preview I think the episode will go like this. First, while Ash is training with his shiny new Lycanroc Team Rocket come in and captures Pikachu and then Lycanroc one shot all of them with Continental Crush sending them blasting off and, for some reason, Bewear doesn't come to pick them. During the blast off Jessie and Mimikyu is separated from the rest of the Team and Jessie finds out that Mimikyu's cloth is damaged and takes it to a clothes store to get it replaced while getting herself some new clothes. While this is happening James and Meowth are probably looking for the two in the forest where they landed while annoying the local inhabitants leading to some slapstick. Meanwhile Mimikyu doesn't like any of the options for its new disguise preferring its old one leading to Jessie using a plastic bag as a tempory disguise, but a wild Murkrow steals Mimikyu's old disguise and Jessie chases her to get it back which leads to her being attacked by the flock this causes Mimikyu to realise Jessie's affection for it and it then attacks the flock causing them to fly away. Then we cut to Jessie having had the old disguise repaired and hugging Mimikyu when James and Meowth find them and then Bewear comes in and takes them back to its den.

But in the original preview, Mimikyu was wearing it's usual disguise as it attacked the Murkrow.

In excitement of this episode, I'm going to watch nearly every TR focused episode to get even more hyped!

While TR hasn't gotten the best screentime this series, it's amazing to know they've gotten at least three episodes focused on them so far in this series so early! I hope they have plenty more planned for the future!

Well Mimikkyu is probably one of the most popular Pokemon the duo has ever captured, so it could stick around. But I'm sure the writers are going to run into problems continuously thinking of ways to get it to *not* beat Pikachu without straight-up nerfing it which may mean it won't stick around for the next series. I do hope that if it doesn't stick around we actually get a departure episode instead of what has happened the past....three series?
I really wish it could stick around :/ Mimikkyu is really popular! And if it won't, at least give it a proper departure ep!
Hopefully SM will break this stupid pattern of Rockets leaving their Pokemon at the HQ, because I understood why it happened in DP (at least they got Sonansu back, uff), didn't care much when it happened in BW, but I was having a hard time understanding when it happened in XY, but in the end I guessed it was because both Maaiika and Bakeccha/Pumpjin had troll!release episodes, so the writers probably felt there was no point in giving them more episodes. Also there was really no time for that in XYZ. And they just had to go, because as of late, Rockets'vebeen given stronger and stronger Pokemon. Maybe that's why they've been kept away from Satoshi for so long lately xD Satoshi needed a chance to level up so Rockets wouldn't beat his butt anymore xD. Rockets surely are merciful gods xD

...all of the Team Rocket icons in this thread tho

The thirst is real.
You bet *sniff*

I just hope there won't be another drought after tonight's ep. Rockets are on next week at least though :)

Oh yes!!!!!!
Four hours and 44 minutes left!!
Edit: Now four hours!
Umm, you got something wrong, there's still 9.5 hours left.

Btw, from the looks of it, Satoshi's appearance isn't gonna take long. All the spotlight should go to Rockets!

I know it's early to think about but do you think Mimikyu will have a goodbye in a similar way with them/Dokucale/Sabonea or more like in BW or XY or get lucky and stick around like Sonansu?
While I'd love that, it would mean Jessie has two Pokémon sticking around while James has zero, which is kinda unfair. I think Wobbuffet hasn't even been implied to be Jessie's Pokémon in this series, but I still can't see the writers keeping them both, unless the next series has a smother transition, a la AG or DP.

While I'd love that, it would mean Jessie has two Pokémon sticking around while James has zero, which is kinda unfair. I think Wobbuffet hasn't even been implied to be Jessie's Pokémon in this series, but I still can't see the writers keeping them both, unless the next series has a smother transition, a la AG or DP.
The only implications I've currently seen were in SM003 and SM009, but one is pretty minor and the other can be considered ambiguous.

The only implications I've currently seen were in SM003 and SM009, but one is pretty minor and the other can be considered ambiguous.
Those were scenes where Jessie commanded Wobbuffet, right? If I recall correctly, both times she was commanding Meowth as well, and it was more like "go and help us" rather than an usual, direct order. So yeah... Wobbuffet is behaving more like just another member of the TRio right now. He was even receiving orders directly from Giovanni with the others at HQ! And we kinda-sorta saw him popping out of his Poké Ball in only one scene.

@TRNatalie @ii kanji @Jeshi @kantoskies @Gabo 2oo @SonansuMan @SamurottMan

Oha Suta Preview
- Ash holds up his Z-Ring, equipped with his Rockium Z.
- Ash is standing in front of his classmates, who are all excited.
- Jessie gives a smirk as she sends out her Mimikyu.
- Jessie looks worried, as Jessie's Mimikyu is behind her, and has a ghostly mist comes out from a tear in its disguise and she screams as the mist rises.
- James calls out for Jessie or Mimikyu.
- Jessie pulls a pretty face, with a sparkly background and then makes a frightening face with a spooky background.
- Mimikyu is shown with a purple bag and a sunhat as choices for a new disguise in the changing room.
- Ash's Dusk Lycanroc jumps up, probably as if it's annoyed.
- Lana's Popplio pulls Mallow's Steenee in the school's pond with Aqua Jet, like a water ski, much to their Trainers' and Sophocles's surprise.

Last edited:
Looking forward to Mimikkyu in a sunhat, sounds cute :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom