• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Adventure Log & Stories Thread!

Not much for the past few days but I managed to sneak another defender in a few hours ago.

After this comes back I'll have more than 480 Coins, so I'm now considering if I should buy the small Anniversary Box (6 Raid Passes) before those are taken away. Those 6 Passes could prove useful to keep around just in case I've wasted all I could use for the day and something good comes up, but I also want to save for Incubators...

EDIT: Just returned, 36 Coins so I'm now at 510. I got the Bronze Badge for that Gym too.

Last edited:
Didn't get to play much these days, barely enough to keep up my PokeStop/catch of the day streaks and get some Stardust.
The only notable thing I did thanks to that Stradust is powering up Vaporeon to 2032 CP, so it rightfully joins the 2000+ team now :)

While my wife was on vacation, we both played the on the way to the zoo and other errands. Did some lower level raids with her. I found it it very fun to just go to a raid and do it.

I know, right. I've only been able to do Rank 1-2 for a good while, but at least you can consistently get items off those without wasting Passes.

You should see what having a legendary does to a lower level raid. The wife about did a Quilava raid with just her Moltres. Did Croconaw with just Zapdos.

Raids have really changed the game for beginners. My wife is about hit level 21, no Eeveelutions. I think I had a full set by level 19.

Raids have really changed the game for beginners. My wife is about hit level 21, no Eeveelutions. I think I had a full set by level 19.
I guess that is a lot of XP that gets you by in those low levels, indeed. And it lets you get Level 20 Pokemon even when you're not Level 20 yet.
I didn't have the full Eeveelution set until after Level 25, Eevee are quite rare here in most places, only ever found two exceptions. Gen II got me just before I could get Vaporeon so there were 2 more Eeveelutions to get.

Anyway, just managed to get the 200 Dark-types gold medal. It took me 46 Murkrow catches (181 Candy, most I currently have in a single species) to get here, but I'm finally done and don't need to catch those anymore. Although I still don't have a good IV one to evolve to Honchkrow whenever Gen IV comes up, but I have enough Candy to evolve more than one anyway (although I'll probably need a Dusk Stone evolutionary item).

I also got my 7th Pokestop of the Day bonus, Sun Stone. This was cool as I'm done with all my current requirements and Sun Stone is the one item I'll keep needing for Gen V (Cottonee and Petilil).

I guess that is a lot of XP that gets you by in those low levels, indeed. And it lets you get Level 20 Pokemon even when you're not Level 20 yet.
I didn't have the full Eeveelution set until after Level 25, Eevee are quite rare here in most places, only ever found two exceptions. Gen II got me just before I could get Vaporeon so there were 2 more Eeveelutions to get.

Anyway, just managed to get the 200 Dark-types gold medal. It took me 46 Murkrow catches (181 Candy, most I currently have in a single species) to get here, but I'm finally done and don't need to catch those anymore. Although I still don't have a good IV one to evolve to Honchkrow whenever Gen IV comes up, but I have enough Candy to evolve more than one anyway (although I'll probably need a Dusk Stone evolutionary item).

I also got my 7th Pokestop of the Day bonus, Sun Stone. This was cool as I'm done with all my current requirements and Sun Stone is the one item I'll keep needing for Gen V (Cottonee and Petilil).

Eevee are quite common here. I've caught 419 of them, but only about 3 have good IV. I'm still a way to go on my dark badge.

Eevee are quite common here. I've caught 419 of them, but only about 3 have good IV. I'm still a way to go on my dark badge.
I've seen 30 and caught 28. Which is actually a bit amusing as I actually remember my first 2 Eevee encounters ever fleeing and considering them some major FUUUU moments back then. I got a 28-streak since :)

I'm back in the urban area I regularly live in, but because of some family-related matters I do not have much time for GO sessions, yet I still have about one hour per day. This means I can't go far from home and into some area that has particular species I'd like to catch, so I'm focusing on Gyms which are the main kind of daily bonus for the game anyway (with the exception of daily catch, all of daily PokeStop spin, daily Raid Pass and 50 Coins defender bonus per day limit are related to Gyms). So I'm trying to make the most off these bonuses and not let them go to waste.

I've done a few more Raids as a result, only Rank 1 and Rank 2 which I can solo (there's always at least one around apparently, thankfully the way Raids spawns work that might actually be 100% guaranteed for my area). Enough to get my Champion Bronze Medal. I've also managed to get 110 Coins over 3 days by placing defenders around, and because of the battles I've done to bring the Gyms down I also got the Battle Girl Silver Medal. I've also got 3 more Bronze Gym Badges this way.

I'll keep doing so until either this family-related matter is resolved and I can thus dedicate more time to the game again or until I run out of healing items. Thankfully the stocking up from all those months of doing little battling in the rural area is paying off now :)

GUYS. I finally hatched a Chansey from a 10k egg! I also got 29 candy with it, so I had enough to get both a Blissey and a Scizor. The only two Pokemon that I have left that aren't regionals are Forretress and Unown! That's pretty crazy

236!

Participated in my first group raid today. Tried to take down a moltres and failed :S, I hope I can get a few more in before the event is over.

While at a raid, I overheard an amusing story:

'My last raid was at a business. Park the car, go running up to a group of people standing outside. As it was dawning to me that something was wrong because no one was looking at their phone. One of them held up a cigarette and said "I think the group you want is around the corner"'

Back
Top Bottom