• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM042: Alola at Kanto! Takeshi and Kasumi!!

Can't they at least give them some cameos?

44 Pokemon giving a cameo is a bit much in a 22 minute episode. That would mean that we would see a different Pokemon every 30 seconds on average. This would be a picture show without any plot, and there would be complaints about Primeape being given as much screen time as Infernape.

Misty and Takeshi would literally be in the name of the episode as a trick to get people to watch it at that point.

In that Sinnoh League episode where Ash reunited with his old Pokémon there was this montage of stills where you saw Ash interact with some of his individual Pokémon. I think they could have implemented something like that in the episode (wouldn't have taken more than 30 seconds to a minute and I would've been happy personally).

But yeah, even then there was a lot going on and it would've been hard to include something like that anyway. It's clear they wanted to focus on his Kanto Pokémon mainly (though Snorlax and poor Kingler still got the short end of the stick somehow).

44 Pokemon giving a cameo is a bit much in a 22 minute episode. That would mean that we would see a different Pokemon every 30 seconds on average.
1. There is only 36 pokemon in the ranch.
2. It took only 2 seconds to show this:
484.jpg

3. The episode is already full of filler scenes.

Random but it would of been awesome to show a 5-10 sec scene of all of Ash's regional bird Pokemon racing in the sky or something.

Imagine Noctowl, Swellow, Staraptor, Unfezant and Talonflame all gloriously dashing away lol.

Edit: omg and maybe Rowlet struggling behind trying to fly as fast as the rest haha.

Last edited:
Maybe, its just me being 27 and an old fart, but I honestly never thought to myself about which Pokemon Ash would see when he came back. Seeing a few Pokemon and living with the assumption that they got to see more than I did is good enough for me.

Its like them eating dinner. I don't need to see every chew to assume that some time between the food being cooked and them going towards Hanada City Gym that they ate and possibly enjoyed it.

While I loved seeing the Pokemon, my favorite parts were seeing the humans interact to everything around them and to each other.

One thing I wanted to mention because people seem confused/upset by Kasumi and Takeshi's reactions to the wild Pokemon of things they own: I saw no issue with it. Why?

I had pit bulls and a Rottweiler. I owned many big dogs, in fact however, if I saw a wild pit or rott outside, I would panic for a moment. Like Takeshi, if I'm with my nephews, I will tell them about their nature and how to keep from getting bit. Its a natural reaction.

With Kasumi, it felt more like a jump scare and also, just because she caught a Gyrados doesn't suddenly mean she shouldn't fear a wild Pokemon.

To be clear, I'm not hung up on not seeing more of Satoshi's Pokemon--it was actually pretty low on my wishlist for this episode--but the "they could not possibly have shown us more of his Pokemon" argument doesn't work. It was most likely a creative decision that they just did not want to showcase many non-Kanto Pokemon. Which honestly does not bother me if we have similar episodes dedicated to other regions in the future.

Lol I may be the only one, but I get excited whenever he's going home or anyone from Kanto shows up.

I've been waiting for Shigeru to show up again since DP when he apparently went into the portal with the bad guy and no one mentioned his name again, including Oak. Lol.

Maybe he'll show up in Aloha to study the Pokemon out there as a scientist.

Should have showed Charizard at least and Crogunk... it feels like thos "continuity" is OS only.

I'm pretty sure they showed more than just OS Pokemon. They showed Totodile, Corphish, and Larvitar... Not a ton of them, but a few, nonetheless.

I hardly think showing more Pokemon makes continuity to more seasons. It also honestly wouldn't have made the episode any more impressive.

I'm pretty sure they showed more than just OS Pokemon. They showed Totodile, Corphish, and Larvitar... Not a ton of them, but a few, nonetheless.

I hardly think showing more Pokemon makes continuity to more seasons. It also honestly wouldn't have made the episode any more impressive.

Do you realize OS includes Johto, right? Larvitar is an OS pokemon

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom