• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

When do you think Seviper and Wobbuffet will leave?

I don't know about Seviper, but Wobbuffet isn't going anywhere soon... or later for that matter...

Maybe because it's eyes? it's like the Japanese people.

No, it's more like the fact that Wobbuffet's japanese name is a pun and it's entire shitck is a homage to a late Japanese comedian (who had a similar role to Rodney Dangerfield).

Of course, it doesn't translate well into the english version because it's english name doesn't contain the important pun.

Actually, I'm surprised that Cacnea left
Why? For me it was clear Cacnea will go away the moment James got Carnivine. No way for James to have 3 Pokémon, not to mention 2 of them the same type. I must admitt I am surprised how long it took untill Cacnea actually left. I was expecting it sooner.

I also thought Cacnea/Dustox would leave much earlier at the start of DP.

Arbok/Weezing left in like the 6th Hoenn episode, I didn't expect Cacnea/Dustox to still be around 60-70 eps into DP.

Seviper will probably go at some point, but not Wobby. Wobby's one of the show's classic elements. It'd be like getting rid of Brock. Which they tried once, and it didn't turn out too well...

God, I hate Tracey.

Personally, I can only see Seviper leaving the crew when a new snake Pokemon comes around in the next generation. If it gets an evolution, as long as it's more snake like, it will probably stay.

Wobbuffet, not so much, it's practically a staple to not only Jessie's team, but Team Rocket itself. As for Wobbuffet getting an evolution, I highly doubt it considering how strong it is in the games.

I also thought Cacnea/Dustox would leave much earlier at the start of DP.
Sabonea - yes, once Kojiro got Masukippa I thought it was practically out of the door, but I did always hope (beyond hope I'd thought) that Dokucale would win Musashi a ribbon, and ha! It did ;-)

It amazes me that Dustox lasted so long too. It was somewhat shafted back in Hoenn, only appearing in Contest eps and hardly used for battle outside of it.

In Battle Frontier, I barely remember seeing Dustox at all beyond a few eps.

Then in DP its suddenly used more until its goodbye ep. Its sometimes surprising how a Pokemon like Dustox wound up being one of Jessie's most emotional Pokemon release.

At this point, I'd think I'd rather seen a TF and their Pokemon reunion ep than anything else.

Its sometimes surprising how a Pokemon like Dustox wound up being one of Jessie's most emotional Pokemon release.
Well... Dokucale was the first pokemon Musashi caught and raised like her own child (not like a baby, like Kojiro does, but she cared for it a LOT) so I don't see why it's that surprising.

Perhaps because originally, you'd never think of Dustox as Jessie's favored Pokemon.

Arbok...yes. Wobbufett...yes. Seviper...yes.

At least originally, it didn't even seem like Dustox was that special to her.

Are you KIDDING?! Have you even watched early Houen? o_O She was in love with that moth.

I can't speak for Seviper but Wobbuffet will leave when Ash turns 11, Misty becomes a permanent character again, Brock leaves, and Giovanni is confirmed to be Ash's father.

To make this thread somewhat relevant--does anyone think Sonansu will ever get the boot again? I say anything is possible but since they brought it back for XY and onwards--especially because I think it hasn't ever really been in it's ball in SM--it's here to stay.

Well that was a laugh and a half wasn't it?! I love it when these dead threads get resurrected... All the "Wobbuffet is as permanent a fixture as Brock" posts - LOL.
Plus exactly how sick is Chimecho that it's been unable to travel for so long? Maybe it died and noone wants to tell James because he's too fragile to take the news.
Haaaaaa haaaaaaaa :ROFLMAO:

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom