• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM049: Lilie and Silvady, the Resurrected Memory!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon is just one more week when this airs, does this mean something will happen? I think Necrozma could be on why Lillie fears Pokemon aside from Silvally.
We don't know that Lillie is afraid of Silvally.

So if Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon is just one more week when this airs, does this mean something will happen? I think Necrozma could be on why Lillie fears Pokemon aside from Silvally.
I guess they'll resolve plot threads based on SM games to make way for new stuff from USUM.

So according to Dogasu, Japan is considering this the 1000th episode of the franchise.

DLksiNlUEAA2rvH.jpg:large

Someone on Twitter did the math and they seem to be counting it as:
OS: 276 episodes (including Roulega's Christmas, Iwark as a Bivouac, and Cyber Soldier Porygon)
AG: 192 episodes (excluding the Chronicles episodes and Shaking Island Battle!)
DP: 193 episodes
BW: 144 episodes (excluding the lost Rocket vs Plasma episodes)
XY: 146 episodes (including the Mega Evolution specials)
SM: 49 episodes

So it seems like if it's a "regular" episode and it actually aired, even just once, it's considered here but if it never aired it's not considered. And for some reason they counted the Mega Evolution specials but not the Side Stories episodes? For comparison's sake Bulbapedia considers SM049 to be the 988th episode of the franchise. It doesn't seem like they're doing anything special for it but it's cool that it also fell on the franchise's 20th anniversary year.

Last edited:
So according to Dogasu, Japan is considering this the 1000th episode of the franchise.

DLksiNlUEAA2rvH.jpg:large

OS: 276 episodes (including Roulega's Christmas, Iwark as a Bivouac, and Cyber Soldier Porygon)
AG: 192 episodes (excluding the Chronicles episodes and Shaking Island Battle!)
DP: 193 episodes
BW: 144 episodes (excluding the lost Rocket vs Plasma episodes)
XY: 146 episodes (including the Mega Evolution specials)

So it seems like if it's a "regular" episode and it actually aired, even just once, it's considered here but if it never aired it's not considered. And for some reason they counted the Mega Evolution specials but not the Side Stories episodes? For comparison's sake Bulbapedia considers SM049 to be the 988th episode of the franchise. It doesn't seem like they're doing anything special for it but it's cool that it also fell on the franchise's 20th anniversary year.
I'm more interested on the merchandise in the background of the picture then the 1000th episode.

And for some reason they counted the Mega Evolution specials but not the Side Stories episodes?
They're aired in the show's airtime.
According to official anime site SM049 should be 998th episode. Official count:

Kanto: 77 episodes (excluding Porygon, Rougela, Bivouac, Girl's Day, and Children's Day episodes)
Orange Islands: 36 episodes
Johto: 158 episodes
AG: 192 episodes
DP: 191 episodes
BW: 146 episodes
XY: 149 episodes

I guess they decided to count Girl's Day and Children's Day episodes?

I had forgotten about that, that definitely makes sense then.

I'm surprised Japan acknowledged the 1000th episode, one would think it doesn't matter much to them and it's mostly a fan thing. That said, I doubt the writers of the show are going to acknowledge it at all in this episode.

Personally I don't consider this the 1000th episode, as I don't see the Mega Evolution specials as regular episodes. In the end it doesn't matter much anyway; it's a nice achievement as not many shows are able to reach 1000 episodes but not more than that, imo.

So it seems like if it's a "regular" episode and it actually aired, even just once, it's considered here but if it never aired it's not considered. And for some reason they counted the Mega Evolution specials but not the Side Stories episodes?
They do count the DP, BW and XY side stories, though. If I recall correctly, those were produced as "regular" episodes, unlike the AG ones which were made as part of their own separate show (WPBS).

Huh. And here I thought they wouldn't care. The anime industry doesn't seem to care about how many episodes a show has. Though to be fair, most of them are caught up in storylines to do anything special for them. It's usually more about anniversaries than episode count.

I'm more interested on the merchandise in the background of the picture then the 1000th episode.

What's to be interested in? It's just dolls of various mascots. Unless, of course, folks want to it take as a sign old characters/Pokemon are coming back. Though I wouldn't put too much stock in it. :unsure:

Personally I don't consider this the 1000th episode, as I don't see the Mega Evolution specials as regular episodes.
Mega Evolution specials aired in the original airtime in place of actual episodes, and fourth one is actually aired together with the first XY&Z episode.

I believe this is the episode. Where Lillie running away from school or home like what her elder brother had did to stop their Mom evil Ambition of destroying Alola and then in Episode 50 is where Ula Ula Arc begin and the debut appearance of Nanu and Acerola of inviting them to that Island for the special class trip.

I believe this is the episode. Where Lillie running away from school or home like what her elder brother had did to stop their Mom evil Ambition of destroying Alola and then in Episode 50 is where Ula Ula Arc begin and the debut appearance of Nanu and Acerola of inviting them to that Island for the special class trip.
That would be great. Day before USUM

November 16. We finally going places and 3rd island

That would be great. Day before USUM

November 16. We finally going places and 3rd island

I don't think it will be in November 16 to start Episode 50. But in November 23 since they will probably going to take a break from one week after the game release and preparing everything for the New Arc.

Not to even mention, Ula Ula Arc is everything going to get interesting.

My prediction of happening in the Arc:
*Ash and his Classmate Pokémon going to evolve starting from the girls.
*Possibility of Lillie getting Z-Ring and Crystal presumably the Icium Z for defeating Totem Pokémon (Crabominable and it ally Alolan Sandslash and Vanilluxe) and catching of Alolan Sandshrew. Also, great possible of her lovely snowy evolve to Alolan Ninetales.
*Professor Kukui establishing the Alola League at the top of the Mount Lanakila.
*Ash getting his Z-Ring upgrade to Z-Power Ring and getting the Pikashunium Z for defeating Vikavolt.
*Finally, Ash grand trial with Nanu in a triple battle since it is the third Island King after he had heard of him passing both Hala and Olivia grand trial. He will will make sure Ash will not be very easy to get pass him to get the Darkinium Z. But we all know, he is going to win it and the possible of his Litten evolve to Torracat. When dealing with Alolan Persian.

That is just my own theory no needed to take it serious. I also never get high hope on that. In the end, the more hope it were, the more disappointed that me, you and we going to get.

Not to even mention, Ula Ula Arc is everything going to get interesting.

My prediction of happening in the Arc:

*Ash getting his Z-Ring upgrade to Z-Power Ring and getting the Pikashunium Z for defeating Vikavolt.

I don't think Ash will obtain the Pikashunium Z, I don't think any Pokemon specific Z crystals are going to make an appearance in the anime.

*Finally, Ash grand trial with Nanu in a triple battle since it is the third Island King after he had heard of him passing both Hala and Olivia grand trial. He will will make sure Ash will not be very easy to get pass him to get the Darkinium Z. But we all know, he is going to win it and the possible of his Litten evolve to Torracat. When dealing with Alolan Persian.

You present an interesting theory in some aspects, but I don't think there will be a triple battle or Ash obtaining the Darkinium Z. Jesse and James already obtain it early on in the series. However, he could get it if the writers decide to let Litten evolve to Incineroar, and he could get the Ghostium Z if Rowlet makes it all the way to Decidueye.

First Preview
I don't think Ash will obtain the Pikashunium Z, I don't think any Pokemon specific Z crystals are going to make an appearance in the anime.

I'm pretty sure Pulverizing Pancake has appeared in the anime.
EDIT: Pulverizing Pancake was used in SM028 by the CotD.

Also Ash is getting Pikaashunium Z, as spoiled from the new opening.

Well, we don't know this for certain, since Ash has yet to catch a Grubbin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom