• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Any things about the game that you didn't know of until today?

Zexy

Quaxly Boy
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Sometimes it is quite easy to miss a detail or two on how some of the game's mechanics works, which makes you surprised when you find out. So did you learn anything new about the game today? This thread could also serve as a sort of help for fellow players, as we can see which features are commonly missed by players for a long time.

One thing I didn't know until a few hours ago, for example, is that feeding a defender Berries has a small chance to give you a Candy for that species. Quite a nice bonus but also too minor; not sure if it is worth putitng defenders you want Candy for just because of that, over a defender that's actually better at doing its job.

Yesterday someone told me that feeding berries to gym Pokemon gives you 20 stardust. Haven't tested it yet.

UPDATE: Does seem to work. Just fed about 10 berries to some Pokemon and got 200 stardust.

Yesterday someone told me that feeding berries to gym Pokemon gives you 20 stardust. Haven't tested it yet.

UPDATE: Does seem to work. Just fed about 10 berries to some Pokemon and got 200 stardust.
I've seen people who have a gold berry badge. Imagine that stardust.

As @Pory gone? just told me in Discord, your Champion medal (Win X Raids) only counts a win if you catch the Raid Boss, not if you just win the battle.

I think it's a bit unfair and just makes getting the medal harder, but thankfully those don't have any actual effect on the game other than showing it off.

As @Pory gone? just told me in Discord, your Champion medal (Win X Raids) only counts a win if you catch the Raid Boss, not if you just win the battle.

I think it's a bit unfair and just makes getting the medal harder, but thankfully those don't have any actual effect on the game other than showing it off.
Heard Legendaries don't count toward the medal. Hadn't heard about the catching part tho.

Heard Legendaries don't count toward the medal. Hadn't heard about the catching part tho.
Oh right, I've heard that too but didn't remember it until just now.
Apparently there are several problems with that particular medal, to the point Niantic's support had to tweet about it.

I've kept records of my raids

Tier 1-4 30 wins 25 capture
Tier 5 29 wins 7 capture

my badge says 30

I've kept records of my raids

Tier 1-4 30 wins 25 capture
Tier 5 29 wins 7 capture

my badge says 30
In that case, it might actually be that all non-legendary count regardless of the captures.
But it could be a bit more complicated; as in, only non-legendary captures and legendaries from the fix onwards may count, and your numbers just happened to coincide.

It appears that catching a Stage 2 Pokemon (last evolution of a three-step line, for example Pidgeot) you get awarded with 10 Candies now instead of 5 like it was before (it's 3 for Basic and 5 for Stage 1). I caught a Pidgeot today and it gave me 10, that was a nice surprise :)

Apparently catching evolved Pokemon not only gives more Candy, but more Stardust too; a Croconaw I got yesterday gave me 300.
I wonder how much Stage 2 Pokemon give out, didn't check it before when I caught Pidgeot... I'd guess 500.

Apparently catching evolved Pokemon not only gives more Candy, but more Stardust too; a Croconaw I got yesterday gave me 300.
I wonder how much Stage 2 Pokemon give out, didn't check it before when I caught Pidgeot... I'd guess 500.
It is 500.

Not sure if you figured it out yet but this is false. No matter whether you catch it or not it still counts towards the medal as long as it's not a legendary raid.

Not sure if you figured it out yet but this is false. No matter whether you catch it or not it still counts towards the medal as long as it's not a legendary raid.
I figured, but thanks anyway :)

I didn't know TMs were in this game until I was reading through some of the threads in this section. Apparently you can get them for winning raid battles, and I didn't know that because I've only won one raid battle so far. (I got a golden razz berry and a rare candy instead.)

Edit: I found out last night that Sableye can be shiny because I caught one! :LOL: It was such a cool surprise.

Attachments

• glimmer.jpg
    glimmer.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom