• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S20 EP38: Mimikyu Unmasked!

On the contrary, I thought the dub edited Meowth’s third “death” a lot more smoothly this time. I forgot something was there before I came to this thread. Though I’m surprised they didn’t change the Pikachu funhouse’s “interesting” entrance while they were at it.

Anyway, I’m glad for TR fans and haters alike that they have the trio an episode mostly to themselves instead of forcing them in during the Akala arc. I like the bumbling bad guys...when they’re used well. The episode itself was all right – having a Pokémon lose an essential accessory is nothing new, but at least they put a twist on it with the whole curse aspect.

I thought this episode was OK. Censorship aside, I liked that TR was getting focus again their voice actors were likely waiting desperately to do work cuz I like what heard here and the whole plot involving Mimikyu without it's skin was so funny because of how everyone just reacts like especially Jessie and Meowth. I liked that Ash and his dusk Lycanroc were practicing their Rock Z-move move but, I definitely prefer TR for this one after such an Hiatus. I will give this 7.5/10.

"Let's try out a Rock Type Z-move." Hmm, is there more than one? I thought there was only Continental Crush, shows what I know. Then again, I suppose stuff like "Z-Stealth Rocks" counts. Huh, turns out there's a new one coming called Splintered Stormshards. Fair enough Mr Ketchup.

Been a while since we've seen Team Rocket try anything on Ash.

Lol what a fail Lycanrok. Pretty sure that would've killed Pikachu as well though... so it's probably good it screwed up. Maybe he failed on purpose.

Lol, TR are used to Bewear.

Only Jessie would think that was a real Pikachu, lol.

Team Rocket have money!? and didn't steal for once!? and damn, Team Rocket being normal is so weird the universe went out of wack and those Murkorw appeared. I gues balance is restored.

So the tail is part of the ghost? weird.

How does Mimikyu's eyes keep peeping through the outfits? I guess cuz spooky ghost.

Who would Lycanrok have been using the move on? a random building?

That was quite the - cute - aqua jet dance from Lana. Seemed over the top animation wise tho lmao

Jessie just carries sewing stuff with her. And if it's that easy to rip, surely it would happen all the time, no?

SCrew those Murkrow. I hope Mimikyu wrecks them and then sends them to where Meowth was sent that one time, except forever.

Huh apparently Mewoth is dumb too.

Aw poor Meowth.

Wood Hammer? Jessie does suck at saying moves I guess but still, that means that technically Mimikyu didn't listen to Jessie cuz she used Shadow Claw instead.

Team Rocket were nice in this episode at least. I mean ignore when they wanted to steal Pikachu, that clearly just was Jessie wanting Ash to perfect the Z move. Speaking of which, they they gonna use that Darkium Z?

I'm starting to enjoy episodes based off team rocket more than the regular ash training episodes.
They seem to have the most plot and not some random journey to nowhere...

And by the way...
very unfair for ash to battle when jessie re-coordinates mimikyu to attack lycanroc...
i'm sure a wood hammer to the head would have done plenty.

The 7th 1/XX dub episode in the Sun and Moon Series dub (again, even 4Kids never did this badly overall on the Japanese music kept, let alone this high a number of 1/XXs being in a single dub Season), and 2 instances of censorship to boot (but only 4Kids did this, right? Yeah, no...), all done by TPCi. And of course, the dialogue is hard to even understand for Team Rocket in this dub to the point I'm wondering what they even mean (I know it's been this way since the DP dub, but sadly it never changed, outside of early BW dub), in addition to the voice acting still being jarring on the ears, and still sub par all around, not just with TR either (hate that I still think 4Kids was absolutely better in this aspect, don't care how unpopular my opinion is on this particular site, in regards to the voice acting).

Ugh, this episode is one of the worst dubbed in the season, though I will say the episode title is very good compared to the usual alliterations/rhymes/puns we still get, but they went back to square one anyway afterwards so that nullifies that for me.

The 7th 1/XX dub episode in the Sun and Moon Series dub (again, even 4Kids never did this badly overall on the Japanese music kept, let alone this high a number of 1/XXs being in a single dub Season), and 2 instances of censorship to boot (but only 4Kids did this, right? Yeah, no...), all done by TPCi. And of course, the dialogue is hard to even understand for Team Rocket in this dub to the point I'm wondering what they even mean (I know it's been this way since the DP dub, but sadly it never changed, outside of early BW dub), in addition to the voice acting still being jarring on the ears, and still sub par all around, not just with TR either (hate that I still think 4Kids was absolutely better in this aspect, don't care how unpopular my opinion is on this particular site, in regards to the voice acting).

Ugh, this episode is one of the worst dubbed in the season, though I will say the episode title is very good compared to the usual alliterations/rhymes/puns we still get, but they went back to square one anyway afterwards so that nullifies that for me.
The voices for jessie and james were pretty good in japanese and english for me, however i do agree that in S&M some of the dubbed dialogue is absolutely horrible. and the episodes titles don't really affect me that much anymore, after dealing with that for several years....

The voices for jessie and james were pretty good in japanese and english for me, however i do agree that in S&M some of the dubbed dialogue is absolutely horrible. and the episodes titles don't really affect me that much anymore, after dealing with that for several years....
Eh, I feel like James just sounds like a goofy old man with a permanent cold and Jessie sounds like a ditzy teenage valley girl nowadays in the English dub, don't like it, but glad if you do- the dialogue is certainly a chore, though, I agree there.

Episode titles, this was one of the few decent ones to me in the season, but we went right back to crap with SM040 so it didn't take long to regress for the dub.

Yes, the Mimikyu-focus episode I had been waiting for! :X3:

That Pikachu sneak-up was excellent. (y)

Hmm... So is Team Rocket actually a fan of blasting off or not?! o_O:p

Only Jessie would think that was a real Pikachu, lol.

Didn't know a Mimikyu with a destroyed disguise couldn't be withdrawn into the Poké Ball. Ah, we learn something new everyday, I guess.

Huh, so, it seems to me that Mimikyu despises Pikachu because of all the attention it receives. Always great knowing more about its character. :)

An irritated Mimikyu looks so cute! :X3::X3:

Jessie sewing up Mimikyu's disguise was so nice and relaxing to watch. Clearly shows how much she cares about her Pokémon. Also, Jessie just carries sewing stuff with her?

Those Murkrow became annoying real quick! :mad::mad:

Togedemaru floating in the water! Sounds like training to me, Sophocles. :rolleyes::LOL:

Mimikyu ripping off the malasada bag to wear its disguise was awesomely epic. :cool::cool:

Really, Team Rocket, did you really have to go back to the group for a re-battle? Sounds like a bad plan to me. (n) James and Meowth ditching Jessie though! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

"Ash couldn't lose to you if he tried!" Not sure about that, Mallow! :whistle::LOL:

This episode was a definite marvel to watch. Jessie and Mimikyu received some much needed together-time here, and in a beautiful manner nonetheless. Easily a 10/10 from me.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom