• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Digi-Mafia Adventure Endgame, Town Wins! (20/11/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was hard with a lightning rod, I'm not used to role madness anymore - I admit I prefer a pure vanilla game, as (to me) it relies less on using roles and more on scumhunting and wagonomics. That lightning rod put bullseyes on the entire scum team, heh.

gg guys!

Woah we won. Congrats Town. GG Mafia.

What did you think of the balance in the final 11p game?
It was quite good balance-wise considering 4 roles were cut.

What did you think of the balance as it would have been if all 15 roles could be used?
It would have been good too but the 4 roles cut were correctly cut to create a good balance.

What did you think of my hosting skills?
Very nice efforts for your 1st game Garu. :)

What did you think of the flavour text?
@Pika_pika42 good job but why should them?

Would you play a Lone_Game again?

Surely.

Would you be interested in additional Digi-Mafias based on other series of the Digimon Anime?
Yes.

@Pika_pika42 good job but why shoot them?
I had to. I claimed 2x Vig to Max because I didn't want my role to go out to Mafia in any way.
Anyway as I had 100% to shoot Mafia and 25% to shoot Town, so I decided to test my luck.
I chose Labrev because he didn't contribute much to the game and I doubted him as he's usually proactive as Town of what I have seen of him.

Will post answers to the questions soon, congrats town, you all played really well and thanks for giving us a good game mafia. Thank also to Lone for being a great host and creating a great game :)

I forgot, still did rc claim that? If not they would be clueless.
I deliberately ommited about being 1x so scum might assume I still had more shots left, I did allude to Max that I was vulnerable last night when I asked him to watch me though.

I deliberately ommited about being 1x so scum might assume I still had more shots left, I did allude to Max that I was vulnerable last night when I asked him to watch me though.
That you did fine, but then there was no reason for mafia to target you so that watch would get nothing.

I suspected you early on.
You almost blocked the most important town role :p

That you did fine, but then there was no reason for mafia to target you so that watch would get nothing.
I was thinking about using Max to check if you or Labrev were visiting your intended targets but I decided to have Max watch me due to the unpredictable nature of the scum in the game. Fakeclaiming Cop and Roleblocker is an unusual move for scum as there's a good chance for a counter claim especially with the Cop. I thought they might move for me or Max because we had the claims and were working the game out with that information. During night 2 my main suspects were between you and Labrev because of the Cop claims and Zachie and Pika, mafia killing Pika and him flipping as town pretty made Zachie my no. 1 scum suspect and Pika killing Labrev confirmed you. I already suspected the Piko slot of being the Doc before Pod subbed in so I was fairly trusting of the claim when he made it leaving Zachie to be the most likely last member of the mafia.

Sorry to my scum team for not being active enough - most of this game played out over the weekend, and I have a hard time getting online to participate during weekends.

Great hosting, looking forward to another of your games!

I think the balance did suffer a bit from the roles being cut, the game being in a state of MYLO during day 2 was a bit of a shock, though it did motivate us into upping our game.

What did you think of the balance as it would have been if all 15 roles could be used?

I think the balance would have been good with the full 15 roles reading the descriptions of the cut roles.

What did you think of my hosting skills?

You hosted really well and were efficicient with keeping everything up to date and ansered any questions that we asked very quickly :)

What did you think of the flavour text?

The flavour text was great, I enjoyed reading it.

Would you play a Lone_Game again?

Yes, I'd be happy to play another game sometime.

Would you be interested in additional Digi-Mafias based on other series of the Digimon Anime?

I've only really watched the Adventure and Adventure02 series but I'd probably be up for playing another game besed on a different series.

I think the balance did suffer a bit from the roles being cut, the game being in a state of MYLO during day 2 was a bit of a shock, though it did motivate us into upping our game.

That sounds worse than it was, IMO - town had the lightning rod, which makes the game more about doing the math on roles than actually finding scummy posts. Proof is that it took < 3 pages from that point to win the game for town.

Alright, thanks for the feedback guys. I made the roles for 15 players (as should be obvious), but I didn't actually change anything when I cut down the roles, which wound up with several high power roles in a smaller game. I must admit that I didn't think about the Watcher + L-Rod combo though, I'll need to keep that in mind when I build other games. It's good to know that the original set-up looked at bit better though.

Really great to know that you guys liked though flavour text though. Heck, if you liked all of the flavour text so far, maybe you'd like to check out that FT I just added to the endgame update huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom