• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tapu 100% legendaries?

Metbert1212

Reaction score
Goodmorning, I wanted to talk about a detail I noticed, the Tapu are put in the Legendary category.
Now I watched the video on YouTube, but I think that it can't be a solid proof... that "legendary"may simply mean "that appear in the legends" (similar to Arcanine) rather then being part of the groups of Moltres, Kyogre, Lunala ecc... especially considering that in S/M the pokedex doesn't put them in the Legendary/Mythical category.

So I suggest to create a new sub-category similar to the Mythical with the pokèmons of that green group (Tapus,UB, Silvally and Type:Null).

In Pokémon Ga-Olé, their disks are labeled でんせつ densetsu as with all other Legendary Pokémon (and not Silvally and Type: Null). Japanese anime episode summaries have also called them Legendary.

In addition, the video about the Shiny Tapu Koko distribution explicitly call it Legendary in English:

Plus they (and the UBs) are only 10 BST points behind comapred to the likes of Moltres or Latias. Its not as glaring a difference as say, Phione. (also unlike Phione but like actual Legendaries, you get a finite number per game)

So I suggest to create a new sub-category similar to the Mythical with the pokèmons of that green group (Tapus,UB, Silvally and Type:Null).
Good thing there's not already a category for that....
Now I watched the video on YouTube, but I think that it can't be a solid proof... that "legendary"may simply mean "that appear in the legends" (similar to Arcanine) rather then being part of the groups of Moltres, Kyogre, Lunala ecc...
Arcanine can be bred and can be found commonly in the wild. The Tapus are all unbreedable and can only be obtained once per game-a trait most other legendary Pokemon also share.

Therefore the Tapus, Type: Null, and Silvally are all Legendary Pokémon.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom