• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Misfit Angel's Corner

I'm not sure how either of those do it, but it's the same basic idea. It's probably even more robust, actually, considering the modular parts system I use:

6iCFRlb.png

Figured that since I never really properly explained how this works, I'd put together a visual of how the character is built, step by step. The ordering is wrong (back hair is the first layer, shoes are the second layer, pants are the third, etc), but this is how it all fits together.

Bonus look at the texture file for the shirt modular parts:
sKQR1DS.png

Very tedious to set up, but easy to work with!

Getting into clothing decorations at the moment. Not sure if which of these three patterns I like best when it comes to tartan kilts:

VtPJt5O.png

I suppose I could just make all three an option, but they feel too close to each other to do that.

So I've finished the first major part of my fanfic and I'm thinking of making a new banner to celebrate. Got a major design down with five flower colors that I can't choose between.

Red:
fcdPCMI.png

Pink:
1id4e8Y.png

White:
fwG8GYE.png

Black:
zkYUL3A.png

Purple:
xMn9ZKT.png

Not sure while I'll go for. Wanna do pink or purple but I feel like they contrast too much with the background.

I'll go with the white one. It clashes the least with the background and it carries forward the white rose from the previous one.

Anyways, two new experiments today, one I'm proud of and one I'm not. Let's start with the one I'm not terribly fond of:

GUpOUT1.png

Rock/Fire-type Rhyhorn, found in volcanic environments such as lava fields and the slopes of dormant volcanoes. The horn was grabbed from Heracross and lightly edited, the smoke puffs are from Wheezing. The effect I was trying to do here was an obsidian Rhyhorn with glowing/molten spikes. Not sure I like that idea now that I see it, so perhaps the "real" concept should be that orange light glows out of the various plates that make up its body.

zIvkLxf.png

Nothing terribly special here, just an alternate coloration of Braviary. Purple, gold and silver to mimic the colors of the Roman elite.

AriIYse.png

Finally got off my lazy ass and drew myself a male model. The clothes are a bit lacking in quality unfortunately, I was so hyped that I actually finally did this that I rushed them a bit.

Now... to do all those clothing pieces again, to fit this guy... Fun!

I was bored tonight so I tried my hand at a story banner for one of my old writing projects.

wKZsUdN.png

It's a composite of two backgrounds with a fairly standard text logo... I'm not sure if I like it, but here it is. The city's skyline is taken from a photo of Seoul, South Korea.

Nothing particularly special this time, but I needed some minimalist icons for a personal project. The aim was to make something with just two colors, and I feel like most of them turned out pretty well, actually!

LluGg4v.png

Top row:
  • The studious scientist
  • The ambitious trainer
  • The miserable misfit
  • The flawless gem
  • The distressed dame
  • The hopeful romantic
  • The lurking shadow
  • The grinning demon
Middle row:
  • The wise informer
  • The loyal defender
  • The shattered heart
  • The enraptured lover
  • The grim reminder
  • The skilled contenders
  • The fearless leader
  • The ancient tower
Bottom row:
  • The singing sorceress
  • The shining orb
  • The loving light
  • The flower's embrace

The process begins again for a second female pose!

oS3CJd6.png

I'm really happy how this one turned out. On the left is the base model of a second pose for my RPG's character customization, while the right is a somewhat-hastily drawn outfit based on my fanfic's protagonist, Kimberly Fairbrooke.

Looking back at my first attempts at pixel art years ago and comparing it to what I'm doing now is extremely encouraging considering all the progress I've made. :D

edit: For fun, I'll put my fanfic's two protagonists together:

Sau1S7X.png

Last edited:
So I found my old camera and I went digging through it for some photos. Here's a selection of what I think are the best ones:

DSCN2152.JPG

At first glance, this photo might not look that spectacular, but I think it is. This is the skyline of Toronto, Canada, faintly seen on the horizon across Lake Ontario, from the little town of Olcott, New York. I've seen the skyline on clear days before but never had an opportunity to take a picture until that day. Only certain weather conditions allow for it to be seen at all.

I hastily put together a google maps image to showcase how far these two locations are away from each other. They're about 40 miles apart, which is kinda wild to think about. You don't often get to see that far!

DSCN2187.JPG

This photo was taken at Lakeview Cemetery, just outside of the village of Pultneyville along the shoreline of Lake Ontario. I don't think I'll ever take a better picture in my life. The angle, the color, how many leaves remain on the tree, it all lined up perfectly for this stunning piece!

DSCN0941.JPG

I don't remember exactly where this is, but it looks to me like the Braddock Bay marina, a spot I've visited dozens of times despite not owning a boat. The scene itself isn't particularly impressive I guess, but I do love the silhouette effect. I've seen similar photos win awards, perhaps I could too someday.

DSCN0062.JPG

I don't remember where this photo was taken, the data tags on it tell it was taken in April of 2013. I can't say for certain but I want to say this was taken at the Niagara Celtic Heritage Festival, hosted in Olcott, NY for two days every September, as I do remember there being some Angus bulls on display several years ago.

LOOK HOW FLUFFY HE IS

Not my usual style of art, I admit, but these look fantastic and I wanted to share regardless.

Two new pieces today.

5vhsthR.png

First is another female human pose, with the accompanying clothing options worn by my fanfic's protagonist, Andrea Dennison. The hands looks pretty bad, but I think they're okay for someone who doesn't have more than a handful of talent and too much free time >_>

pL4N2bw.png

The second is an alternate Sentret design I needed for my fanfic, in which the protagonist captures a little black Sentret with a skull pattern on its belly. This one is mostly just a recolor with some modifications made to the tail, ears, face and fur patterns.

Small entry today: an item obtained animation!

kyXoF5Q.gif

Not sure exactly what the item would look like: a small object in their hand, or something that floats off to their side, like in the Zelda games?

No hair on this guy, animating that was going to be more work than I had the energy for today.

Back
Top Bottom