• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Adventure Log & Stories Thread!

Added 10 new Gen 3's today. Plusle, Delcatty, Linoone, Poochyena, Wurmple, Roselia, Gulpin, Seedot, Skitty, and Spoink. No sign of Zigzagoon and got Delcatty before Skitty.

Also got a wild 93% Oddish which I evolved to Bellossom so am done with that line.

Not a bad day. Stopped at gas station on way to work and caught a Swalot. Got to work 15-20 minutes early which let me run down the street and catch a Treeko(1st Gen 3 starter). On way home stopped at Walmart. Saw a Slakoth on the nearby list but couldn't find it :cry: Did get a couple Zigzagoon and 1 Shroomish there tho. To end the day, stopped at a Pokestop down the street from house and popped an incense and lure. Got a level 35 Venusaur(over 2200 CP but only strong) and first Makuhita from incense and a Kingler from lure. Also got 2 10k eggs tonite which is twice as many as I got in the last month.

New Pokemon: Swalot, Treeko, Zigzagoon, Shroomish, and Makuhita.

Btw, was snowing in MD today and that looks cool when catching Pokemon. Should have taken a pic. Only saw a couple extra Swinub from it tho.

Last edited:
-Caught 4 Slakoth, 2 Zangoose, a 93% Teddiursa(my best), and a 93% Treecko.
-Found and caught my first wild Miltank. Only other one came from a 2k egg during Easter event.
-Popped an incense and first Pokemon to pop was Snorlax.
-Did some evos for new Pokemon. Evolved my 93% Treecko using rare candy all the way to Sceptile so added Grovyle as well. Also got Silcoon, Cascoon, and Shiftry.
-Did a Ho-oh raid and got a CP 2005 which was 95%.
-Hatched 9 or 10 eggs. Most memorable(for better or worse) include 2 Mareep(think my last 3 10ks have been Mareep), a 97% Pichu, strong Poochyena, and strong Spoink. Got 2 more 10k eggs so will have to start walking them.

Update: Just noticed the last Wurmple I caught was 97%. Evolved into Cascoon but only level 2. Will still be my Dustox when I get more Wurmple candy.

Last edited:
WARNING: VERY BIG UPDATE INCOMING
I really should've done this sooner, but it has so much info it was daunting to put together, and it only keeps getting worse by the day...

Species: Caught up to 263, Seen up to 273
New species (caught and seen): Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Poochyena, Mightyena, Zigzagoon, Linoone, Wurmple, Silcoon, Seedot, Ralts, Shroomish, Breloom, Makuhita, Skitty, Delcatty, Meditite, Minun, Gulpin, Spoink, Seviper
New species (seen only): Blaziken, Nuzleaf, Slakoth, Hariyama, Roselia
New 100% IV Pokemon: +Swinub 169, Breloom 2201, Shroomish 227
Pokemon Storage upgrades (one free, one bought): 400 -> 500
+1 Gold Gym Badge!
+3 Silver Gym Badges
New 3000+ CP Pokemon: Ho-oh 3318, Tyranitar 3086
New 2000+ CP Pokemon: Rhydon 2979, 2901, 2894, 2872, 2867, 2816, 2760, 2759, 2724, Ho-oh 2797, 2759, 2196, Golem 2581, 2558, 2543, 2484, 2465, 2457, Arcanine 2546, 2524, 2492, 2465, Flareon 2478, Exeggutor 2351, Breloom 2201, Houndoom 2134, 2112, 2029, Kabutops 2133, Sandslash 2128, Magmar 2029
Raids: Scyther (Friday), Ho-oh, Ho-oh (Saturday), Ho-oh, Ho-oh (Monday), Ho-oh (Tuesday), Ho-oh (Wednesday). 4 more Ho-oh caught, up to 9/15.

---

Friday
In the afternoon I didn't have much time and I needed to use up a Pass so I found a nearby Scyther Raid and solo'd it, first Rank 3 I ever solo :D (although Scyther's one of the easiest). Easy catch with Pinap as well. I didn't plan playing much if at all at night, thinking Gen III would come someday later... so I planned going for drinks with some friends in some nice spot in the city's southern area. As I leave, slightly tipsy, I notice that Gen III was launched... and the seaside park was nearby, I couldn't miss that chance! So I headed there and planned to pull off an all-nighter, which I did. Also bought a Storage upgrade upon figuring out how they dealt with it/not giving discounts but a free +50 instead, so I'm up to 500 (and trust me it's already getting tight).

Seaside park was a Shroomish nest, so I easily got that and enough Candy for Breloom. I also got my first Zigzagoon, Poochyena, Skitty, Treecko, Mudkip, Seedot, Minun, Gulpin and Spoink this night. Put up Zigzagoon as Buddy... the weather was Clear, I found a few Level 35ish Rhyhorn/Geodude worth evolving, probably evolved some of them right away, I most certainly don't remember every detail... For a first night it went well.

Saturday
Another busy day mostly spent hanging out with friends and family but I was in the city centre in the afternoon and barely managed to get enough time for 2 Ho-oh Raids. Weather was unfortunately Partly Cloudy so they were Level 20, but one of them was 93% IV 2196 CP and I caught it. Later in the night I made it to the seaside park as well but only planned to stay until the night's last trains at 2am instead of pulling the all-nighter past 5am version. The highlight this time were the Omanyte and Kabuto as the Partly Cloudy weather boosting Rock alongside the Water biomes of the seaside park was translated into loads of Gen I fossils. I gathered enough Candy for some good Omastar (but no good Level 35ish bases to use them on :( ) and a Kabuto that eventually became Kabutops 2133, wow I didn't even expect that species to hit a CP so high. There also was a 100% IV 169 CP Swinub around, everyone caught it. Now on the way to getting 150 Candy so I can feel comfortable evolving it and saving for Mamoswine.

Sunday
Didn't play much on Sunday, basically just daily bonuses/along the train etc. as I was busy with other family stuff. But I managed to get my first Gold Gym Badge for the Gym close to home, the one I use for defender bonuses most time/have made pacts to stay on. And a lucky Makuhita.

Monday
Weather was Sunny, great chance to get Ho-oh at Level 25. Found two cool Raids in the city centre, did them both and woah I was lucky, both were caught on the first Premier Ball throw (Golden Razz Curveball Great as always) One was a 89% IV now 2797 CP, the other was a 96% IV that I eventually powered up to 30 and it now stands at the peak of 3318 CP, my new #1 (sorry Raikou, I still love you though :p) Sometime in here I also caught a wild Sandslash 2128 because why not? :)

Tuesday
At some point by now (don't remember the details after so many days lol) I managed to evolve both Zigzagoon and Poochyena who was my Buddy after it, so I'm now walking Spoink which is past 40 Candy so it's about to get over soon. Wurmple is next, as I caught one for the register on this day. Also managed to do one more Ho-oh as the weather was Sunny, didn't catch though. But I got a lucky Flareon 2478 catch.

Wednesday
Scheduled up with some friends to visit the seaside park, and wow that paid off greatly! 2 Larvitar and 5 Dratini spawned, enough Candy to power up my 98% Tyranitar from 2772 to 3086 (my best so far, Level 29.5, I'm at least bringing it to 30 and we'll see from there). Keep saving on the Dratini. Also got 10km hatched into Ralts, registered Seviper and got my first Torchic too (yay Zexy!), a few more Treecko and Seedot, and the craziest of all; 2 100% IV Shroomish in half an hour! The Level 34 one is now evolved into Breloom 2201. The other one will stay as Shroomish 227. Also got a lucky Magmar 2029 catch. Sometime later I left the seaside park to go back to the city centre for one (probably final) Sunny Ho-oh Raid (there are some protests in the centre tomorrow which makes it hard and somewhat dangerous to go for the last day of Ho-oh raiding); caught at Level 25, now 2759 CP (82%). Today I also got Delcatty, one more Wurmple so one evolved into Silcoon, and Meditite. And another Wonder Exeggcute which I evolved into Exeggutor 2351.

As for the loads of 2000+ CP Pokemon you see there, basically whenever I see something high-level useful thing I just hit the evolve button on it, so I got loads of Golem (which were directly useful for Ho-oh) and Rhydon (which are not as directly useful) and a few more such as Arcanine/Houndoom, but I'm just not sure what to do with all of them... some don't have optimal movesets but I'm keeping them for now because they're only a few TMs away from being better than their Level 30 counterparts... this is a weird power creep transition phase so I'll just hold on to loads and loads of high CP useful ones until the meta settles again, I guess.

The newly seen species were just in Gyms I happened to check these days. The Silver Gym Badges probably came off a few Gyms I did Raids in, not sure which.

---

OK this was shorter than I thought but that's because I made it TL;DRy. Thankfully (for all of us) I don't remember the details on how I got each 2000+ CP Pokemon lol

New Pokemon: Mawile, Mudkip, Torchic, Ralts

Was looking for a wild Charizard on the nearby list around the house(never found) and almost didnt notice the local gym had a Mawile raid with 15 minutes left so rushed over, beat it, and caught it. Only 86/88% so will try for a better one.

Did some walking, about 7k, and hatched a bunch of eggs. Hatched 3 5ks at the same time and all 3 were top tier with 2 perfect stats. 1st was a 97% Grimer(now best IV Muk), 2nd was an 88% Voltorb(candy), and best of all was a 97% Mudkip(will probably use rare candy to evolve). Nothing else as good.

Found a random Torchic and caught it. 88% so not bad but not worth the rare candy.

Ditched my last attempt at a 100% Ho-oh to go get a Ralts and there were 2 standing together. Caught both with Pinap berries. Best was 82% so no rare candies for it. As rare as they are, they are pretty easy to catch.

New species (caught): Grumpig
New species (seen): Slaking
Raid: Ho-oh

Didn't do much today, even though there weren't enough people downtown and transit was somewhat limited we got just enough time and people, and the right place, for one last Ho-oh Raid... it was 2164 CP which must've been over 90% but I couldn't manage to catch it, so I guess my final ratio is going to be 9/18. Still my best, a solid 50%.

I also got enough Spoink Candy through the Buddy system to evolve it, and my new Buddy is Wurmple, which should stay there for a while given how many Candy I need for it. I also saw a Slaking in a Gym, that's all.

for one last Ho-oh Raid... it was 2164 CP which must've been over 90%
2164 is pretty low actually. Max is 2222 and I think the lowest 91% is in the 2180's. My 91% is 2200.

As for my day, not very exciting while working 10 hour days. Did catch another Mawile raid and caught a 93%, and caught another Ralts with Pinap berry.

Did a Groudon raid yesterday and caught it. Only 2257 Cp so pretty bad stats. On the bright side got an early Xmas present today. An exclusive raid pass on Xmas day. Had gotten 2 others but wasn't able to go to either.

2164 is pretty low actually. Max is 2222 and I think the lowest 91% is in the 2180's. My 91% is 2200.
Oops my bad, I meant to say 2764...
---
Raids: Snorlax, Groudon
New species (caught): Electrike
New species (seen): Groudon
New 2000+ CP Pokemon: Rhydon 2908, Exeggutor 2641, Houndoom 2332, Hitmonlee 2010

Friday
Scheduled to check out the seaside park with some friends; without any Legendaries around, and with lots of free time on Friday evening, it was a great chance to head there, do some lower ranked Raids in Gyms that have good EX Pass chances and hopefully get some good spawns. We found a Snorlax there, and being a Rank 4 (the best we could get) we decided to do it.

It was particularly amusing (not so much for me bragging about it as for everyone else having trouble believing it) when I managed to deal the most damage to the Raid Boss, as Team Valor had a damage contribution of +3 Premier Balls and my personal damage was also +3 Premier Balls. The Gym was taken by us and the only other Valor player in the Raid group was a Level 40 who only managed to pull off +2 Premier Balls personal damage. So everyone freaked out upon realizing I outDPS'd the Level 40 :p It's also been a very long while since I've last got all 14 Premier Balls available in a Bonus Challenge, it has only happened before in some solo Raids I've pulled off.

Anyway, Snorlax was bad IV's tho, caught easily.

The rest of the session was just hunting good spawns around, thankfully we got one Larvitar, four Dratini and one Dragonair while we were there! Slowly and steadily working on the 50 Dragons Silver Badge (and catch bonus, that's neat). None of them were good IV though :( I also got a single Electrike for the Pokedex register. The weather was Sunny and I found some high level/IV Rhyhorn/Exeggcute/Houndour which ended up becoming Rhydon 2908, Exeggutor 2641 (after a few powerups, more later) and Houndoom 2332. Exeggutor and Houndoom are my strongest individual of their species so far.

Saturday
Groudon was announced late at night, and after a few moments of pity over wasting yesterday's Raid Pass on a Snorlax without knowing what's coming, I decided to raise up some counters. I powered up my only Waterfall/Hydro Pump Gyarados a bit to reach an offensive breakpoint, same with the Exeggutor mentioned earlier which now reached 2641 CP. I also used Charged TMs on all my Water Pulse Vaporeon and appropriate TMs on my Extrasensory/Psychic Exeggutor to get full Grass movesets.

After waking up I had the option of doing a Groudon Raid but initially decided against it, hoping to do more during Sunny weather. However the in-game weather was alternating between Rain and Cloudy, both pretty rare and useful weather conditions for my area (boosted Water is great for the seaside park for high CP/IV Magikarp and boosted Fighting is great for the city centre for Machamp/Makuhita). I started off for the seaside park when the weather was Rain but had in mind that it might change at :00 (I wouldn't make it before then), it indeed did so, to Cloudy, so I took a turn (with the transit) for the city centre instead. Unfortuantely I didn't get any cool Machop/Makuhita, but I got a few more Medidite (very close to Medicham now) and a lucky Hitmonlee 2010 (which is just gonna stay in my 2000+ collection doing nothing, I always keep the highest CP individual per species anyway)

Eventually a Groudon spawned nearby and some friends I met there by chance (it is a popular spot, you don't really need to schedule, you just find people there) persuaded me to join them despite the weather not being Sunny, eh why not? I'll eventually get 6 Premium Raid Passes for 480 Coins after all and can focus on Sunny Groudon afterwards. Anyway, did the Raid, it had Solar Beam so I unleashed the Exeggutor squad... and oh wow it would still one-shot them! Good thing is, this means that Sunny is actually going to be easier; everything's still fainting at the first charge move, but deals boosted Grass damage before going down. All 6 Exeggutor were taken down, and when I rejoined the battle, the system auto-selected 6 Ho-oh :( The 3400 one did the rest of the job, but couldn't have done much DPS. Got only +1 Premier Ball, tried to catch it with Golden Razz even though it was bad IV, didn't work :( Alas, we're getting more chances. 0/1 so far.

It would then start raining so we had to abandon the city centre spot. I figured that the rain would eventually stop but was enough for the system to switch to Rain weather at :00 that was close... so the correct course of action would be taking a tram to the seaside park, which would let me play on the way while being protected from the rain, then it'd stop and I'd have about one more hour of "fake" (=in the system but not really) Rain weather in the seaside park to play with. BUT NAH, as I was about to switch trains someone spilled coffee on me so I had to go back home. Eventually the rain only got worse, so I didn't lose much in the end I guess.

A bit after coming home I checked out a local Gym I'm trying to get to Gold and had my Ho-oh squad to fight a Blissey, so they could faint one by one and stop appearing in my rejoin menu. Worst part is, the 2 weakest Ho-oh were underwheling enough to the point they timed out on the Blissey, it's been a long while since I've timed out in a Gym Battle :( I did get a few Badge XP by weakening the defenders with the rest of the Ho-oh, though. Didn't plan on taking the Gym down as it's part of the pacts I've signed with Mystic, though.

Awesome haul today. I won a solo Metapod raid, and received a decent amount of Stardust. And I even critical capture'd it on the first premier ball. Turns out that since Metapod is a second stage evolution pokemon, it still gives out as much as other second stage evolution pokemon even if it is a lame pokemon somewhat.

In addition, I caught a Jumpluff and a Venasaur on the way :D I hatched a Slowpoke, but sonce I have a King's Rock, might be evolving it to Slowking.

New species (caught): Medicham, Groudon
New species (seen): Cascoon, Medicham
New 2000+ CP Pokemon: Groudon 2298
New Medals: Battle Girl (Gold)
Raid: Groudon, caught with Golden Razz, now at 1/2

Sunday
Didn't do much other than just making sure I get my daily bonuses, Raid Pass and 50 Coins for the day. One of the Gyms I got in had a Cascoon so I registered it as seen. I also finally got the 1000 Gym Battles needed for Battle Girl Gold.

Monday
Made sure to get my 50 Coins for the day as soon as possible by getting into a few Gyms very soon after midnight. So when I woke up I had the 480 Coins needed to buy the Special Box, so I can have 6 Premium Raid Passes in reserve in case I stumble upon an Absol/Mawile or we get Sunny weather (in which case I'll do as many Groudon Raids as possible).

I also had one Raid Pass I had to use so I scheduled a Raid in the city centre with some friends. On the way there I caught a Meditite, last one I needed to get Medicham. Did the Groudon Raid fine, caught it; Groudon 2298, 87 or 89% IV (unsure unless powered up). Then it started raining (but the weather did not change to Rain at :00) so we just called it a day, so I returned home.

Have been adding things to my Pokedex here and there, but it's been really tough lately to do raids. I haven't been able to get a single Groudon raid together with anyone yet! Maybe I've just been having bad luck: thankfully there's still time to snag one.

So I've been playing this game since launch and as of yet I have still zero legendaries. Never have I seen anyone participating in a raid (or even playing the game) but as of today that no longer matters to me because I decided to quite. I may return to it some day depending on new features and if Niantic will actually bother to test their crap before throwing it into production.

Back
Top Bottom