• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas For New Pokemon

Question: Do you consider Eevee and its evos to be canine or feline? Cause I've heard it either way. o.0
the're bunnyine (-;

What about a pinsir/scyther pre-evo?
and speaking of pre-evos, how about a norm-fairy meowth pre-evo, like other people said? Call it Kitin.

Fire-steel type starter line! I suck at drawing, but I think these are gpretty good.
(in order from left to right)
no. 1: stoven (stove + oven)
no. 2: flàmburn (flàmbe + burn)
no. 3: infurnce (inferno + furnce)
20171231_160535.jpg 20171231_160559.jpg 20171231_160635.jpg
Any particular animals you think they should be based on?
Mammoth, saber-toothed tiger, stegosaurus, ankylosaurus.

Last edited:
What about a pinsir/scyther pre-evo?

I would like a Scyther pre-evolution just so that Scyther isn't allowed to participate in NFE competitions anymore. It should keep the naming scheme of sharp cutting tools. I'm not sure what it should be or even what it would look like. I feel the progression for the line is Scyther having one cutter (on each arm) and Scizor having two (on each arm) that work together so what would that mean for a pre-evolution.

• A tarsier to aye-aye line with a shaman/witch doctor theme. Typing would be Psychic/Ghost. The tarsier stage would have giant eyes that allow it to see spirits and spirit energy, while the evolved aye-aye stage would use its long finger like an antenna/aerial to communicate with spirits and channel the spirit energy.
  • A Dragon/Ghost line based on classic zombies as well as autotomy. Since zombies are often depicted as functioning fine without their limbs, I thought this would be a fun take on it. You could even have the lizard taking off their tail or arm to wield as weapons. An ability that reduces super effective damage would be fitting.
  • Dragon/Fairy Pokemon based on a pygmy seahorse. They're so tiny that combining them with a tiny fairy seems a no brainer. Some species of seahorse have that fin on their back, so making that split into two to be a pair of little fairy wings seems super easy.
  • A Normal/Flying pigeon line with a rags to riches theme. The first stage would be a scruffy looking common pigeon/rock dove, the evolved stage would be based on different breeds of fancy pigeons. The female could have aspects of lahore (fluffy pants) and jacobin breeds (fluffy collar), while the male could take from frillback (curly wig) and pouters/croppers (puffed out chest).
  • Rock -> Rock/Poison line based on a lumpsucker fish -> stonefish. Lumpsucker fish stick to things, and to me their skin has this rough, bumpy look I think would fit a Rock-type. They could stick to the walls and ceilings in caves and drop down to attack. Evolving into a poisonous stonefish that literally has stone in its name seems obvious. I'd like to see more variety in cave-exclusive Pokemon and I think a non-aquatic fish line could go towards that.
  • Rock/Electric based on a combination of a gorgon's head basket star, Lichtenburg figures and fulgurite. Volt Absorb would be perfect for it.
  • Grass/Fire based on the concept of pyrophyte/pyrophile plants. Other ideas it could incorporate are pioneer species of plants like fireweed that colonize areas very quickly, like after forest fires, or there's also thunderwood, which, when burned, the smoke from it causes pain and potentially damage to the respiratory system of whoever inhales it.
  • Grass/Ghost based on the veiled lady fungus. Ghost brides are reasonably common in horror and stories, so this idea is kinda simple.
  • Ghost/Ice snowman line that draws from dullahans (holding its head, which it can throw like a snowball) and the nukekubi yokai which is a head detatched from its body. I've been wanting this idea since the "snowman" was mentioned in the Chinese leaks before SM released (later turned out to have meant yeti for Crabominable), so maybe it will happen some day.
  • Psychic/Electric based on a bloody belly comb jelly. It just screams to be made into an alien with a huge brain with flashing lights like a UFO.
edit: correcting numerous typos lol

Last edited:
Ghost/Ice snowman line that draws from dullahans (holding its head, which it can throw like a snowball) and the nukekubi yokai which is a head detatched from its body. I've been wanting this idea since the "snowman" was mentioned in the Chinese leaks before SM released (later turned out to have meant yeti for Crabominable), so maybe it will happen some day.

You have some good ideas, but I don’t think this will happen anytime soon. We've just got a snowman (crabominable) and a primarily white Pokemon which attacks with a detachable head (Blacephalon).

You have some good ideas, but I don’t think this will happen anytime soon. We've just got a snowman (crabominable) and a primarily white Pokemon which attacks with a detachable head (Blacephalon).

Thanks :D I meant a snowman that you make in your garden rather than a yeti, ones with coals for eyes and that sort of thing. But you're right about Blacephalon, it kinda has a similar theme to what I'm suggesting. I guess maybe it's something they could do in a few generations time when it won't seem so repetitive.

I'm gonna expand on my ideas for starters in Matleo's threads.

Larvasol (Larva + Parasol)
The Larva Pokemon
Grass/Bug
Overgrow/Overcoat
HP: 45
Attack: 65

Defense: 35
Sp. Attack: 65
Sp. Defense: 60

Speed: 40
Dex entry 1: This Pokemon carries a leaf around wherever it goes. It uses this leaf as a shield against the sun so it doesn't dry out.
Dex entry 2: The leaf it carries in its mouth is razor sharp. It can be used as a makeshift parasol or a blade.

Chrysaleaf (Chrysalis + Leaf)
The Pupa Pokemon
Grass/Bug
Overgrow/Overcoat
HP: 80
Attack: 40

Defense: 120
Sp. Attack: 40
Sp. Defense: 120

Speed: 20
Dex entry 1: The leaf it carried with it has become as hard as steel. It wears it to defend itself from foes.
Dex entry 2: Wrapped within its steel-hard shell, it is incredibly durable. Few things can pierce its armor.

Dartagnant (D'artagnan + Ant)
The Leafcutter Pokemon
Grass/Steel
Overgrow/Tinted Lens
Attack: 125

Defense: 65
Sp. Attack: 80
Sp. Defense: 65

Speed: 115
Dex Entry 1: Incredibly agile and swift, its swordsmanship is only rivalled by Samurott. Its twin blades and wings are as sharp as steel.
Dex entry 2: The leaf it carried has become two razor-sharp blades. It has a chivalrous nature.
Notable moves: X-Scissor, Psycho Cut, Sacred Sword, Night Slash, Leaf Blade, Cross Poison, Shadow Claw, Swords Dance, Leech Life, Iron Head, Smart Strike, Automotize, U-Turn, Taunt, Hone Claws, Knock Off, Parting Shot, First Impression
Signature Move: Sharpening Cut (Steel, 85 BP, 10 PP, raises attack by +3 if enemy is KO'd)
Egg group(s): Bug
Design basis for this line: Leafcutter ants, knights and the Three Musketeers.

Sparchick (Spark + Chick)
The Plain Bird Pokemon
Fire
Blaze/Own Tempo
HP: 55
Attack: 45

Defense: 40
Sp. Attack: 70
Sp. Defense: 40

Speed: 70
Dex entry 1: Its plumage is dull, but its heart is bright. It can create dazzling flames.
Dex entry 2: While it may not be much to look at, it may develop into something truly beautiful.

Flafowl (Flame + Peafowl)
The Smoldering Pokemon
Fire
Blaze/Own Tempo
HP: 65
Attack: 55

Defense: 60
Sp. Attack: 90

Speed: 90
Dex entry 1: Its plumage is starting to become brighter. However, it is still kind of plain-looking.
Dex entry 2: Its flames are growing more dazzling. It can create a rainbow of fire.

Suzakoc (Suzaku + Peacock)
The Vermillion Pokemon
Fire/Fairy
Blaze/Dazzling

Sp. Attack: 140
Sp. Defense: 90

Speed: 110
Dex entry 1: Its plumage has fully grown in. It is considered the most beautiful of all Fire-types.
Dex entry 2: Its dazzling plumage and skillful dancing distracts prey. Then, it strikes!
Notable moves: Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Moonblast, Fiery Dance, Air Cutter, Heal Pulse, Psychic, Psyshock, Shadow Ball, Dazzling Gleam, Focus Blast, Feather Dance, Aura Sphere, Flash Cannon, Calm Mind, Nasty Plot, Morning Sun, Heal Bell, Wish
Signature Move: Shimmering Flame (Fire, 80 BP, 10 PP, 60% chance to boost Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed by +1)
Egg group(s): Flying, Fairy
Design basis for this line: Peacocks and fan dancers.

Indocious (Indohyus + Precious)
The Drifting Pokemon
Water
Torrent/Rain Dish
HP: 70
Attack: 25

Defense: 80
Sp. Attack: 15
Sp. Defense: 70

Speed: 60
Dex entry 1: Incredibly rare in the wild, this Pokemon is considered a living fossil.
Dex entry 2: An ancient species, it is highly endangered. It resembles a small boat.

Ambulodon (Ambulocetus + Zeuglodon)
The Raft Pokemon
Water
Torrent/Rain Dish
HP: 90

Defense: 95
Sp. Attack: 20
Sp. Defense: 80

Dex entry 1: Its legs have grown shorter. However, the strength of its jaws has increased.
Dex entry 2: Even though it is not fully evolved, it is a brutal predator. It is large enough to use as a raft.

Zeuglothan (Zeuglodon + Leviathan)
The Longboat Pokemon
Water/Ghost
Torrent/Filter
HP: 105
Attack: 105

Defense: 125
Sp. Attack: 30
Sp. Defense: 125

Dex entry 1: A vicious phantom of the seas, this Pokemon is a seaworthy vessel despite its seemingly-frail body.
Dex entry 2: Many pirates used this Pokemon as a makeshift ship due to its massive size and boat-like body.
Notable moves: Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Liquidation, Waterfall, Crunch, Icicle Crash, Sucker Punch, Psychic Fangs, Outrage, Recover, Earthquake, Iron Defense, Haze, Shadow Bone, Anchor Shot, Amnesia, Roar
Signature Move: Phantom Fang (Ghost, 90 BP, 10 PP, hits through Protect/Detect/King's Shield/Baneful Bunker/Spiky Shield/Substitute)
Egg group(s): Monster, Water 2
Design basis for this line: The evolution of whales, the yokai bake-kujira and Viking longboats

I decided to edit Plesious, Elasmodon and Kronothan from being based on Plesiosaurs and Pliosaurs into being based on the evolution of whales, as well as Viking longboats and the yokai Bake-kujira. I also adjusted their BST. Also tweaked the BST, Dex entries and notable moves a bit.

Last edited:
I'm gonna expand on my ideas for starters in Matleo's threads.

Larvasol (Larva + Parasol)
The Larva Pokemon
Grass/Bug
Overgrow/Overcoat
HP: 45

Defense: 35
Sp. Attack: 65

Dex entry 1: This Pokemon carries a leaf around wherever it goes. It uses this leaf as a shield against the sun so it doesn't dry out.
Dex entry 2: The leaf it carries in its mouth is razor sharp. It can be used as a makeshift parasol or a blade.

Chrysaleaf (Chrysalis + Leaf)
The Pupa Pokemon
Grass/Bug
Overgrow/Overcoat
Attack: 40

Defense: 120
Sp. Attack: 40
Sp. Defense: 120

Speed: 20
Dex entry 1: The leaf it carried with it has become as hard as steel. It wears it to defend itself from foes.
Dex entry 2: Wrapped within its steel-hard shell, it is incredibly durable. Few things can pierce its armor.

Dartagnant (D'artagnan + Ant)
The Leafcutter Pokemon
Grass/Steel
Overgrow/Tinted Lens
Attack: 125

Defense: 65
Sp. Attack: 80
Sp. Defense: 65

Speed: 115
Dex Entry 1: Incredibly agile and swift, its swordsmanship is only rivalled by Samurott. Its twin blades and wings are as sharp as steel.
Dex entry 2: The leaf it carried has become two razor-sharp blades. It has a chivalrous nature.
Notable moves: X-Scissor, Psycho Cut, Sacred Sword, Night Slash, Leaf Blade, Cross Poison, Shadow Claw, Swords Dance, Leech Life, Iron Head, Smart Strike, Automotize, U-Turn, Taunt, Hone Claws, Knock Off, Parting Shot, First Impression
Signature Move: Sharpening Cut (Steel, 85 BP, 10 PP, raises attack by +3 if enemy is KO'd)
Egg group(s): Bug

Sparchick (Spark + Chick)
The Plain Bird Pokemon
Fire
Blaze/Own Tempo
HP: 55
Attack: 45

Defense: 40
Sp. Attack: 70
Sp. Defense: 40

Dex entry 1: Its plumage is dull, but its heart is bright. It can create dazzling flames.
Dex entry 2: While it may not be much to look at, it may develop into something truly beautiful.

Flafowl (Flame + Peafowl)
The Smoldering Pokemon
Fire
Blaze/Own Tempo
Attack: 55

Sp. Attack: 90

Speed: 90
Dex entry 1: Its plumage is starting to become brighter. However, it is still kind of plain-looking.
Dex entry 2: Its flames are growing more dazzling. It can create a rainbow of fire.

Suzakoc (Suzaku + Peacock)
The Vermillion Pokemon
Fire/Fairy
Blaze/Dazzling

Sp. Attack: 130
Sp. Defense: 90

Speed: 110
Dex entry 1: Its plumage has fully grown in. It is considered the most beautiful of all Fire-types.
Dex entry 2: Its dazzling plumage and skillful dancing distracts prey. Then, it strikes!
Notable moves: Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Moonblast, Fiery Dance, Air Cutter, Heal Pulse, Psychic, Psyshock, Shadow Ball, Dazzling Gleam, Focus Blast, Feather Dance, Aura Sphere, Flash Cannon, Calm Mind, Nasty Plot, Morning Sun, Heal Bell, Wish
Signature Move: Shimmering Flame (Fire, 80 BP, 10 PP, 60% chance to boost Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed by +1)
Egg group(s): Flying, Fairy

Indocious (Indohyus + Precious)
The Drifting Pokemon
Water
Torrent/Rain Dish
HP: 70
Attack: 25

Defense: 80
Sp. Attack: 15
Sp. Defense: 70

Speed: 60
Dex entry 1: Incredibly rare in the wild, this Pokemon is considered a living fossil.
Dex entry 2: An ancient species, it is highly endangered. It resembles a small boat.

Ambulodon (Ambulocetus + Zeuglodon)
The Raft Pokemon
Water
Torrent/Rain Dish
HP: 90

Defense: 95
Sp. Attack: 20

Dex entry 1: Its legs have grown shorter. However, the strength of its jaws has increased.
Dex entry 2: Even though it is not fully evolved, it is a brutal predator. It is large enough to use as a raft.

Zeuglothan (Zeuglodon + Leviathan)
The Longboat Pokemon
Water/Ghost
Torrent/Filter
HP: 105
Attack: 105

Defense: 125
Sp. Defense: 125

Dex entry 1: A vicious phantom of the seas, this Pokemon is a seaworthy vessel despite its seemingly-frail body.
Dex entry 2: Many pirates used this Pokemon as a makeshift ship due to its massive size and boat-like body.
Notable moves: Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Liquidation, Waterfall, Crunch, Icicle Crash, Sucker Punch, Psychic Fangs, Outrage, Recover, Earthquake, Iron Defense, Haze, Shadow Bone, Anchor Shot, Amnesia, Roar
Signature Move: Phantom Fang (Ghost, 90 BP, 10 PP, hits through Protect/Detect/King's Shield/Baneful Bunker/Spiky Shield/Substitute)
Egg group(s): Monster, Water 2

I decided to edit Plesious, Elasmodon and Kronothan from being based on Plesiosaurs and Pliosaurs into being based on the evolution of whales, as well as Viking longboats and the yokai Bake-kujira. I also adjusted their BST. Also tweaked the BST, Dex entries and notable moves a bit.

I love the leafcutter ant -> swordsman idea. I really want a Bug starter badly!

The stats on the three final stages are a bit crazy, but I don't want to ruin your fun.

The stats on the three final stages are a bit crazy, but I don't want to ruin your fun.
I play competitive, so I wanted to see what BST layouts and HAs I could give these starters to make them as viable as possible while staying at a BST of 530 the starters of Gen VII shared. I accidentally gave Suzakoc a BST of 520, but I just edited it.

I also tried to incorporate the "triad" starter designs have had since Gen VI of one "mysterious" starter, one "rugged" starter and one "elegant" starter; Dartagnant is the "mysterious" starter in the vein of Greninja and Decidueye, Zeuglothan is the "rugged" starter in the vein of Chesnaught and Incineroar, and Suzakoc is the "elegant" starter in the vein of Delphox and Primarina.

Last edited:
An elegant pokemon based on theatre mask and/or masquerade ball, the concept would work beautifully in a eerie bird like a Raven, Turkey or Peacock.

m31016a_1.jpg

I've been reading about the giant hogweed in the news recently. I think it could serve as inspiration for a grass/fire type

And for a pun, make it based on a wild boar. Maybe a boar with a line of flowers growing on its back in imitation of that line of fur that gives the razorback hog its name. And its tusks could be tipped with flames.

It should also learn some poison type moves as well.

I had a dream about a Pokemon spin-off last night that was basically a cross between Pokemon and Etrian Odyssey. I'll post about the actual game in another thread, but anyway, there was a Bug/Dark-type spider that could best be described as a cross between Galvantula, a black widow, and the Twilight Princess version of Skulltulas. Anyway...

Atterkopf (Attercop, Old English word for spider + kopf, German word for head)
The Spiderling Pokemon
Bug
Unnerve/Run Away (HA)
HP: 42
Attack: 50
Defense: 30
Sp. Attack: 28
Sp. Defense: 37
Speed: 63
Total: 250
Dex entry 1: It has a bad reputation due to its unnerving appearance. However, it is timid and prefers to avoid attention.
Dex entry 2: It makes a sound like rattling bones to frighten predators. However, this only ends up attracting Mandibuzz.
Height: 1'06"/0.4 m
Weight: 7.3 lbs/3.3 kg

Sinisilk.JPG

Sinisilk (Sinister + silk)
The Devotion Pokemon
Evolves from female Atterkopf at level 34
Bug/Dark
Intimidate/Shadow Tag (HA)
HP: 67
Attack: 95
Defense: 58
Sp. Attack: 112
Sp. Defense: 56
Speed: 117
Total: 505
Dex entry 1: While it is commonly believed that Sinisilk devours its mate alive after mating, this is a myth; it is actually fiercely protective of its mate.
Dex entry 2: Sinisilk is considered terrifying by most. However, it mates for life, and will grieve for the rest of its life when its mate passes.
Height: 4'03"/1.3 m
Weight: 69 lbs./31.3 kg

Notable moves: Bug Buzz, Dark Pulse, Destiny Bond, Electroweb, Foul Play, Giga Drain, Grass Knot, Gunk Shot, Hone Claws, Leech Life, Knock Off, Nasty Plot, Night Slash, Pain Split, Parting Shot, Play Rough, Poison Jab, Pursuit, Psychic, Shadow Sneak, Sludge Wave, Sticky Web, Sucker Punch, Taunt, Throat Chop, Toxic Spikes, U-Turn, Zen Headbutt

Egg groups: Bug

Last edited:
Honey badger. Spectacled bear. Wombat. Tasmanian Devil. Panther. Slater, or 'pill bug'. Rooting for the last because its my favourite insect and the most fabulous of His creatures.

Go on, you beauties! Make it happen.

Here's an idea a lot of people have had: a Kamen Rider-influenced grasshopper.

Crickid
The Trainee Pokemon
Bug
Keen Eye/Scrappy/Reckless (Hidden Ability)
HP: 60
Attack: 72
Defense: 48
Sp. Defense: 45
Speed: 55
Total: 310
Dex entry 1: It can be a bit reckless, but it genuinely wants to protect the weak from bullies.
Dex entry 2: Crickid spends countless hours training for combat. It has no time for playing around.
Height: 3'04"/1 m
Weight: 48 lbs./21 kg

Locusatsu
The Justice Pokemon
Bug/Fighting
Compound Eyes/Scrappy/Reckless(Hidden Ability)
HP: 85
Attack: 130
Defense: 82
Sp. Attack: 41
Speed: 112
Total: 530
Dex entry 1: It is famed for its courage. In Kanto, there is a popular TV series about a superhero and his Locusatsu.
Dex entry 2: It fights passionately to defend others. While it is honorable, it’s a pragmatic fighter.
Height: 5'10"/1.8 m
Weight: 98 lbs./44.5 kg

Notable moves: Acrobatics, Blaze Kick, Bullet Punch, Close Combat, Drain Punch, Drill Run, Extreme Speed, Fire Punch, Flying Press, High Jump Kick, Ice Punch, Knock Off, Low Kick, Low Sweep, Lunge, Mach Punch, Meteor Mash, Parting Shot, Poison Jab, Sky Uppercut, Slack Off, Stomping Tantrum, Sucker Punch, Swords Dance, Throat Chop, Thunder Punch, Trop Kick, U-Turn, Zen Headbutt
New Move: Hurricane Kick (Fighting-type, 70 BP, 20 PP, clears entry hazards on the user's side of the field, 100% accuracy)

Egg groups: Bug, Human-Like

Bonus Shiny version!
Shiny Maskhopper.png

Attachments

• Maskhopper.png
    Maskhopper.png
    2 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
250px-767Wimpod.png
250px-768Golisopod.png

Technically these are isopods. Hell, the type Wimpod's based on are even called "sea slaters!"

Yeah, I see a resemblance but slaters are a thousand times more beautiful. I've actually seen those Wimpod things running around in the bathroom and damn they're awful.

Golisopod is rad, though. But not slater-y enough.

View attachment 112568
Typhlosion cries in a corner...

WHAT
HE'S JUST A WEASEL THING

The resemblance is slight if even existent, but its the right species so I guess Gamefreak can sleep unassassinated tonight. (y)

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom