• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Roll your Role Mafia [Endgame]

Can you bake?

• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Yes, and I love it

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Yes, and I'm hungry right now

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
In the wide and wonderful world of The War Room, citizens new and old came to an agreement; it's 2018. It is time to try something new...something fresh...something exciting! You can't do that on an empty stomach though, now can you?

Roll your Role Mafia
is now upon us, so take this, your daily bread, and let's see if you can rise to the occasion.

- 48 hour days, 24 hour nights. Nights may end up to 8 hours early, if all actions are submitted.

- 9 player game

- This game is NOC, meaning No Outside Contact. As always, any factions may communicate with their faction-mate(s) outside of the game thread. If you are not in a faction, post in the thread, RolePM or in a Mod-approved QuickTopic.

- If you wish to communicate with other players outside of the game thread through factional chat or otherwise game-legal means, include Elieson (either by PM, Skype {[email protected]}, Discord {Elieson#4395}, QuickTopic, etc). Also, be sure to include the game's MOD, or Mod-On-Duty, whose name will be revealed when the game officially starts. Failure to do so will result in your night action instantly failing due to Mod-Made-Lightning.

- This game features a Day start (D1)

- You may have a Post Restriction listed in your RolePM. For the sake of promoting a fun game, please try to follow it when possible. This is not mandatory, but encouraged.

- All lynch options (including No Lynch) may be Hammered via HYPER-Majority. Hammers are instant, and cannot be undone. HYPER-Majority Hammers equal 66%, rounded up, of voters.

- End of phase lynches occur at the time end, and the player with the most votes will be lynched. In the event of a tie, a No Lynch is the anticipated result.

- MYLO, LYLO and variations, will be announced.

- No copying anything posted in your RolePM and pasting into the game's communication means, through quotes. Summarization is fine. Copypasta is not.

- This set-up is explicitly not bastard. Everything happens for a pre-determined and completely explainable reason.

- Players will know if their action fails or if they are redirected, and if they are redirected, whom they were redirected to.

- No Hidden anything, ever. No items or jesters.

- You can't target yourself. You can target the dead, but mileage may vary.

- If you violate any rules, your faction may suffer a punishment deemed worthy to even the game's playing field.

- I'm the mod and my word is final. Don't do anything that you expect will annoy me, even if it's not in the rules. This includes looking for loopholes. Check with me for loopholes; I might allow it if you ask me in private.

- Don't directly interfere with the game if you're dead or not playing - if you're going to talk to other players or post in-thread I expect everything you say to have no game relevance whatsoever.

- With this being a game of a smaller size, I'll request 4 Content-filled Posts per Phase (CfP/P) from each player. Any player not meeting this requirement will receive one ping per post short per phase. Any player reaching 2 Pings will result in a modsub occurring overnight, or a modkill if I cannot get a sub.

- If you need a sub, please ask for it. I will be more lenient if you give me fair warning that you will be away from the game. That being said, please don't sign up if you plan to be away for voluntary reasons.

- Don't screenshot things with the intent to post them in this game while it's running.

- Don't post after HYPER-Majority Hammer or during a host-announced Phase Pause. Warnings may be given. Or worse. If I'm not around to end phase, assume that phase still ends.

- Don't edit your posts.

- Posting during Night-Phase is allowed.

Dear [User], you are [Character].

You are a character in this game, but not actually. You're the host, and have flavor posted in here to describe you.

You don't have any special powers, except for your host-powers, which include calling Phase Start, Phase End, and Phase Pause, as well as posting flips, mod knowledge, votals, etc. You may operate the game alongside of Elieson should she be unable to perform her hostly duties.

In short, you are the Cult-Aligned Host.

You win when all threats to both your faction and the game's fun have been removed from the game.

Now for the Fresh and Exciting part!

This game is using a draft format in which you pick your role. The order will be picked as decided below. You will know your faction before drafting begins and if you are mafia, be able to talk to your scumbuddy. However, there is one catch: If you pick a role that has already been picked, you will be a vanilla instead!

When you signup, PM me (either via PM or Discord or what have you, the point is it has to be private) a pair of numbers between 1 and 10 in the form (x, y). The lowest x value that no one else picks will be the first pick, and so on and so forth. If multiple people pick the same x value, it is determined by y values. Duplicates in both x and y values are determined by RNG. For example, if we get
  • A (4,3)
  • B (2,2)
  • C (4,5)
  • D (1,1)
  • E (1,2)
  • F (2,9)
  • G (9,1)
  • H (5,7)
  • I (2,4)
the order would be
  • H (5, 7)
  • G (9, 1)
  • D (1, 1)
  • E (1, 2)
  • A (4, 3)
  • C (4, 5)
  • B (2, 2)
  • I (2, 4)
  • F (2, 9)
If there are ties you will go second-to-last and last and I will flip a coin or Random.Org it to see who is first.

Now, for what roles can be selected:

Amnesiac
At night, you may reply "Night X - Backup USER." USER must be dead. You will take USER's role, but not his alignment, resetting any limited use abilities back to their original use count.

Day Vigilante
During the day, and only once, you may post "Goodbye, USER!" in the game thread in all its bold glory. If you do, USER will be killed as soon as a host sees this. This does not end the day phase.

Doctor
At night, you may reply "Night X - Protect USER." USER will be protected from all night kills.

Hijacker
At night, you may reply "Night X - Redirect from USER1 to USER2." All abilities targeting USER1 that night will target USER2 instead. USER1 can be you.

Marytr
At night, you may reply "Night X - Martyr USER." All non-killing actions targeting USER will target you instead.

Networker
At night, and only once, you may reply "Night X - Network USER1 and USER2." USER1 and USER2 will be able to talk to each other outside the thread for the rest of the game or until one dies. You may target yourself.

Ninja
You are not seen by Follower or Voyeur reports.

Roleblocker (which blocks Kills as well as Actions)
At night, you may reply "Night X - Hook USER." USER's night action will fail.

Tracker
At night, you may reply "Night X - Follow USER." You will learn what USER did last night, but not to whom.

Watcher
At night, you may reply "Night X - Be with USER." You will learn what actions were performed on USER last night, but not by whom.

Signups (Players):
  1. Max1996
  2. SoaringDylan
  3. DerpGhost
  4. DarthWolf Kneaded too hard Day 2: Town Amnesiac
  5. Pika_pika42 Died Night 1: Town Roleblocker
  6. Midorikawa
  7. AussieEevee
  8. RainbowSkittles Cracked Day 2: Town Doctor
  9. - N/A-
Subs:
  1. returnofMCH
MOD (Mod-On-Duty):
  • Maniacal Engineer
Informed Observers:
  1. CheffOfGames

Last edited:
This is a game to get out of retirement for.
In.

- With this being a game of a smaller size, I'll request 4 Content-filled Posts per Phase (CfP/P) from each player. Any player not meeting this requirement will receive one ping per post short per phase. Any player reaching 2 Pings will result in a modsub occurring overnight, or a modkill if I cannot get a sub.
I don't like this rule because I would be obliged to be active most of the time even when I would not be able to due to circumstances (and I wouldn't be able to stay in the shadow and observe for the first part of the game)

I'll join.

Here's my roll.

168s.jpg

@Max1996 @CheffOfGames

After consideration, I'm thinking of modifying the Post count thing to 1+day count per phase (so, 2 required posts for D1, 3 for D2, etc). Is that more reasonable?

I'm not removing the rule entirely (it sucks the fun from the other players when ppl just sit back and lurk and do nothing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom