• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'd agree with the localization being done meaning it's not too far off. It'd be one thing if the rumor just stated that the script was done and the names were made, but I can't imagine the Chinese localization team being their first group to get the script and mons. I could see the English team being done first, but not the Chinese team. That to me seems like they've had the info for a while and would indicate that other localization teams have the info as well.

I think it's more likely that all the localization teams got the script and such at the same time, and it just so happens that leaks come out of the Chinese team more easily for some reason.

They also believe that the game will in fact come out in 2019 (new thought: I suspect this opinion has changed recently, but who knows) and that the battle system may be close or similar to the Digimon World games. Which I can definitely see as being damaging in the eyes of many Pokemon fans seeing as how different it is. In any case it's some interesting stuff to think about. They also think that we'll maybe see something more about the game next year despite it coming out in 2019.
To add onto this theory what if the new movie pulls a Genesect movie style reveal? What if we don't see a new Pokemon in the movie per se, but instead we see the new mechanic in action sort of like we saw mega evolution in the Genesect movie? That would certainly set the stage for what's to come in my book.

Give me a Gen 5 like story and the quality of Gen 7's designs and I will be a happy camper.
I was personally was never bothered by the cutscenes in SM/USUM, to me it gave the characters life.
I think the chances of 2018 is becoming likely more by the moments: Like many have said (And I did as well), Anime is rushing and so is the TCG but also just found out the Manga is at least up to Acerola (Might be further not 100%), so after that I can see why there thoughts might have changed.

I think another Genesect approach is very possible or maybe the same way they handled Volcanion and then revealed Magearna.
Exciting few months ahead.
I feel regardless, we will get a switch game this year even if it is not a main line game. If we don't get Gen 8 probs Mystery Dungeon but Remember, Mystery dungeon have already done two games on the 3DS so why put a third?
But I do feel everything is slowly lining up to 2018 imo.

Last edited:
I'm thinking that if Zeraora isn't revealed next month then the games aren't coming out in 2018. Revealing Zeraora after the next games will kill all hype for it and it would be a marketing disaster.

I'm thinking that if Zeraora isn't revealed next month then the games aren't coming out in 2018. Revealing Zeraora after the next games will kill all hype for it and it would be a marketing disaster.
You mentioned this earlier, but I'm still questioning as to how. An event pokemon can kill the hype to brand new games?

No. It's the other way around. The new games, if they are revealed before Zeraora, will kill all hype for it.
I suppose I get it, but it's not like Ultra Sun and Moon killed the hype for Marshadow. I feel it's possible to be hyped for two things, especially mons like Zeraora

I really can't see Masuda saying, "we need to break our 4 year business cycle and delay for a whole year our next big centre piece that's going to earn us millions because this free downloadable everyone already knows about lets be honest needs more than a couple of months in the spotlight all to itself."

As mentioned above, while it's clear there was some doubt at the start on Nintendo/Game Freak's part about making it in time for 2018, their actions since then clearly indicate to me at least they are now very confident of hitting their target.

You don't send out mailings to everyone asking are you likely to buy Pokemon Switch in 2018 only to then turn around and be like "psych there is no Pokemon Switch in 2018 hahahaha"

I must ask what about the anime seems like it's being rushed? As far as I know, the anime has no goal for this generation, other than to graduate this pokemon school thing, which is more like a summer camp. There is also the island challenge, which is very abbreviated from what it is in the games. As far as I know, the ultimate goal of this is simply to face all 4 kahunas. It isn't known what happens if this is accomplished. The next arc has only given us the indication that Ula'ula may be completed, and we don't even know how long THAT is going to go on.

The whole thing with Lusamine was over before it began almost.

Trials are an equivalent to gyms, and he ended up doing the water fire and grass ones back to back in subsequent episodes. That's never happened before. Even in the original series there was like at least 1 or 2 eps between ash beating brock and then beating Misty. Whereas this was 3 episodes in a row of water trial fire trial grass trial all 1 after the other.

Edit: knew the grand trial was pretty soon after actually it was the next episode. So it went water trial fire trial grass trial then the grand trial all in a row 1 immediately after the other no break in between at all. Basically completed the whole of Akala island in 4 episodes. That's about 80 minutes in total which is probably faster than most people do it in the game.

Yeah the anime has really been at a fast pace this time around. You could argue it's because it doesn't have much of track to follow, but in the end when they do get on track with actual story stuff they blast through it all for no reason. If in fact the Switch game was coming out in the fall of next year there's absolutely no reason for Ash to have most of the trials done and only needed to do 2 more grand trials. At this point if it was better paced he'd still be on Akala Island. Maybe he'd be finishing it up at this point, but at the end of the day he'd still be there. Instead both Melemele and Akala are completely finished, He's already gone to Poni and the dragon trial was done by others. He can easily get through Ula'ula within a month given how it only has 2 normal trials and the grand trial. The only thing that could stretch it out would be Team Skull, but seeing how they treated the Aether Foundation I bet they can wrap that up in about a month or so too. He'll need to take on Hapu and I bet they have him face Mina, but again that's like 2 episodes worth of stuff for him to do. Meanwhile he can be battling and catching the UBs while all that is happening. Some of this stuff is gonna happen concurrently so I can't imagine them stretching this out for almost 2 years. Not at this point. Maybe to early next year, but not fall. The new game will have to come out earlier than that.

They could use Team Rainbow Rocket for more content, but even if they did... 5 episodes would be absolutely stretching it given how haphazard the plot is.

And it would be pretty lame if they created more islands like the Orange/Decolore ones when Alola is already comprised of four tropical islands. For that matter, Ash wouldn't have much to do in Kanto without Game Freak providing new content.

Last edited:
Yeah given how they've been doing things I don't see them doing a filler arc. Also I'm not sure how they'd get around the RR stuff. Ash is clearly the same Ash we've always known so most of the villains would be people he'd know already. Unless they let him remember them immediately and played up that maybe they didn't know him it wouldn't make sense. Altho that could be funny to see. Ash coming face to face with Lysandre again and while Ash remembers clearly what happened Lysandre doesn't even know who Ash is. hahaha Anyway the point is that there's not much they can do to stretch out the show given how little content was even added to USUM. It's not with the GF arc where they had Ash travel through Kanto doing it like he was doing a league. There's nothing like that for him to do. Plus it'd be pretty lame for them to rush through main plot just to get to a filler arc and stretch it out a full year and some change. It just doesn't make sense.

Man.......we really need something new to talk about......If all we have to fall back on to speculate when the game is coming is the anime we're in trouble hahaha Hopefully once Zeraora is revealed we can get some new juicy things to talk about. Plus once the game is announced in general things should really heat up as we'll be able to weed out what rumors are real and what are fake.

For some reason I don't really see them pulling off the RR plot in the anime; like somebody said, it would be too convoluted especially since it's the same Ash we've known for years. I do find it interesting how RR has been getting so much promotion in general in Japan though, I'm not sure what it's like anywhere else.

Pertaining to some of the rumors... if RR comes back on the Switch game, I dont think they'll bring in the other team leaders again. We would obviously get Giovanni back, but as far as Admins we would probably get either the HGSS Executives or brand-new characters. As much as I liked the Executives from HGSS, I think brand-new Admins would be a lot more interesting and would make more sense, considering it's a revived Team Rocket and the HGSS Executives may have lost interest by now.

Trials are an equivalent to gyms, and he ended up doing the water fire and grass ones back to back in subsequent episodes. That's never happened before. Even in the original series there was like at least 1 or 2 eps between ash beating brock and then beating Misty. Whereas this was 3 episodes in a row of water trial fire trial grass trial all 1 after the other.

Edit: knew the grand trial was pretty soon after actually it was the next episode. So it went water trial fire trial grass trial then the grand trial all in a row 1 immediately after the other no break in between at all. Basically completed the whole of Akala island in 4 episodes. That's about 80 minutes in total which is probably faster than most people do it in the game.

Small correction, but the Fire Trial was completely skipped actually - no Totem Salazzle or Totem A-Marowak. Though the episode itself did have references, sorta - it being a Kiawe focused episode, him catching a regular A-Marowak, and the Hikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom