• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

Confession Time;
When I was younger, I would occasionally feel down about Rocketshipping(mostly when coming across people who insist Jessie's just a b*tch) but I'd usually feel better within a half hour because I found for every anti thing, I feel as if there are at least two scenes that contradict the anti.

Honestly, I feel that way sometimes too.

But I really hope the creators tune into this majority of the fandom and not those 20+ people who think they have control over the show because, and I quote, "i am a inportnat menmber of this comuntity to dont be maen " (That is almost literally what I see on the comment section of anything that has to do with Pokemon)

Anyways, question time! What is your least favorite ship involving Team Rocket? (And anyone answering, please don't put fanart of that ship, it disturbs me:()

tumblr_inline_p2x729yGBd1uc6479_500.png
*le sigh*

I still can't quite believe they gave us a scene of Musashi hunched over his body in worry!!! :love: It's, like, every shipper's fantasy!
When I was younger, I would occasionally feel down about Rocketshipping(mostly when coming across people who insist Jessie's just a b*tch) but I'd usually feel better within a half hour because I found for every anti thing, I feel as if there are at least two scenes that contradict the anti.
As I've gotten older, I've realized how deep and beautiful this ship is and I'm certain there's plenty of new things to discover. A man who no one(with very few exceptions) cared for and always ran away found someone who cared for him, someone he couldn't run away from and found a home alongside her. A woman who had been alone and left behind her whole life, someone who had closed her heart found someone she could depend on and has been reopening her heart as the series has progressed. Both of whom compliment and complete each other so well.
Not to mention the amount of romance tropes they have down; lovers from different classes? Check! Will let the other go if they think they'd have a better life for themselves? Check!(Although this is more on Kojiro's side, Musashi (while misguided) has shone this too). Will happily give their lives for each other/have a relationship that will transcend death/would rather die together than live without the other?
tumblr_mxbx5vPFih1rqp6teo1_250.gif
Check! And they're still one of the most unique ships ever!
Both them and this relationship has grown so much since the series began and the longer I'm a fan, the more I love the TRio and the ship!(Sorry if this got rambly and too squeey)
Omg that was so nice to read! Definitely gave me that warm, fuzzy, familiar feeling of "oh yeah, that's why I love this ship" :)
I also really wanna go through all of TV Tropes shipping tropes and list aaaaaallllll the Rocketshipping ones lol.
Anyways, question time! What is your least favorite ship involving Team Rocket? (And anyone answering, please don't put fanart of that ship, it disturbs me:()
Easy peasy: absolutely none. Because, apart from Rocketshipping, no other ship involving the TRio has any potential so I don't get bothered about them!

Don't you guys hate it when people assume that Jessie/Musashi and James/Kojiro are siblings and call Rocketshippers "sick" for shipping them together?

Today's episode well worth watching for
a top notch fearhug.

Don't you guys hate it when people assume that Jessie/Musashi and James/Kojiro are siblings and call Rocketshippers "sick" for shipping them together?
Honestly, I have never experienced this, and I find it hard to even be bothered by the notion - we have good evidence that they have different parents for a start :p

I've seen that happen but I've never experienced it. That has to be an awkward situation when they find out the truth.
Today's episode well worth watching for
undefined
Ooh!!!

Holy moly guacamole on a jam roly-poly did my heart stop when I saw this:

View: https://twitter.com/animator1965/status/979343610675044352

And then stopped AGAIN when I Google Translated it because Iwane tells us that whilst he doesn't know who animated that awesome Kojirou/Rumika action scene, he was in charge of everything from Musashi and Nyasu walking away till the end of the episode.

Aka. this:
tumblr_m8wwdpWIJs1r3ifxzo1_500.gif

In other words...
(And I don't mean to exaggerate when I say this because it's absolutely true...)

The most prolific and well-regarded Pokeani animation director drew, remembers and still considers important enough to tweet about 20 years later one of the KEY Rocketshipping scenes in the show's history.

:X3::love::cry:

When I read your post, my mouth dropped for a good fifteen seconds and then I (almost) screamed. THAT IS AWESOME!! :love::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D!

Also I was thinking a lot this week on how this July will mark the 20th anniversary of "Kojiro and Gardie". I wonder if anything more related to that episode will come up because so far this is a great anniversary.

Last edited:
I'm glad I could share my elation with you Natalie!! Here's something else I wanted to share, hope it's of some enjoyment to you!:

I really hope you're right, and come on, Rumika basically needs to just return :p There is a precedent for them marking this anniversary in that the TRio wore those black stagehand costumes in DP 131 which aired on June 11th 2009, exactly 11 years after the original airing. Unfortunately 11/6 is a Monday this year but I still see a potential for them to do something around that time, maybe even on the 7th or 14th?

I finished watching it a third time and I still have a smile on my face. *Squees* Thank you!

Also for some reason, I read the date on the ep's page as July 11th... Yeah the way her last episode ended really gave me the impression that wasn't the last time the TRio saw her.
I hope something happens around June.

Maybe on June 11th we could celebrate the anniversary here.

Last edited:
I'm glad you liked it! Even though the scene is amazing anyway in the dub, I just think it's that much more amazing in the original because Musashi doesn't even try to disguise the fact that she couldn't care less about the money but that she's just happy that he came back.

When I was trying to find the dub on YouTube for comparison, I stumbled onto some kind of review video which criticised the episode for not providing any closure for Kojirou's parents or Rumika. However, I think they have left it open ended intentionally because I doubt they want to resolve that "story" so that there is an option to bring them back and remind the viewers about Kojirou's past/so that Kojirou can't just go home.

I would love to celebrate the anniversary on June 11th :) Any ideas for what we might do?
(It's a while away but I might need that much time to rustle something up lol!)

Btw, given that we've had a new Rocket ep every 10-20 episodes, I reckon we can start looking out for a new title from the next batch in May. I'd say an early June treat is quite feasible!!

I'm honestly torn on which one I like more! Jessie's laugh in the dub is so cute but Musashi's so happy Kojiro's come back to her in the original!

I think I know what review you're talking about. I think it may have had more to do with the fact that the writers set them up to be recurring characters but they only appear one time after Holy Matrimony. I personally feel the ending ended perfectly in that regard. It left off open ended but how will Rumika find Kojiro if he's traveling on hot air balloon as far away as possible from the mansion with no intention of going back, especially when the brats she's chasing remember to tell Pikachu to use Thunderbolt?

The biggest idea I have at the moment is talking about how much Musashi and Kojiro's relationship has grown since that episode and what the episode did for the rockets.
We could also create things(like art, stories, etc) based off the episode, the characters, or scenarios it allowed us to come up with.
Do you have any ideas?

Yay! I'm happy that we're getting so many Rocket eps this generation but I hope it doesn't mean that rumor I heard about might come true.

Last edited:
So we've got a new episode coming up! Tbh I'm not expecting anything shippy from a plot driven episode like this, but then again we did get that Kojirou jumping in front of Musashi scene in the TR vs TS episode so who knows! I guess the May 3rd date makes an early June Rocket character episode much more unlikely, but tbh I'm right now too happy to be getting another episode within the next month to mind :p Of interest (although of no consequence I'm sure), DP 73 was also a Rocket episode - the Dokucale release one!

Yay! I'm happy that we're getting so many Rocket eps this generation but I hope it doesn't mean that rumor I heard about might come true.
I wouldn't take it too seriously. This rumour has been kicking about since DP (at least) and Dogasu is paranoid before the start of every new series!

Lol what?

I'll check out the page but part of me's saying don't trust this.

Edit: I just checked out the page. Considering how the Jessie and James pages fall into the trap of 'James the Saint, Jessie the Demon', I wouldn't trust it.(Seriously the page makes it out as if Jessie's an abusive trainer and ignores that she's made sacrifices for James, Meowth, and only briefly mentions some of the ones she's done for her Pokemon! I know he's a sweet man but that doesn't mean you have to make Jessie look bad. Sorry things like that make me angry.)

Last edited:
Edit: I just checked out the page. Considering how the Jessie and James pages fall into the trap of 'James the Saint, Jessie the Demon', I wouldn't trust it.(Seriously the page makes it out as if Jessie's an abusive trainer "unlike James" and ignores that she's made sacrifices for James, Meowth, and only briefly mentions some of the ones she's done for her Pokemon! I know he's a sweet man but that doesn't mean you have to make Jessie look bad. Sorry things like that make me angry.)

Yeah. I really don't trust the Pokemon Wiki website. I think that Bulbapedia is a much more reliable source and it says nothing about this. I guess we'll just have to wait and see where this goes.

Whoops! I was so focused on the unconfirmed fiancee, I forgot to talk about this.
I'm a little psyched for the new movie now now that I've seen this

index.php
They look great!
Okay I know from ii kanji there was little to no one Rockets in the last movie and with the large cast size, I get the feeling their screentime will be more or less like the last so I'm not expecting much Rocketshipping in the movie. That said, a little part of me is hoping for them to touch at least once in fear.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom