• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
only gen 6 Pokemon I dislike is quilladin

awful awful design
Both of chespin's evos don't really do it for me. XD

Though I think the most awful and terrifying thing of gen 6 has to be barbaracle. Binacle is okay to an extent but hoo boy when it evolves...

Hey while we're on the topic- any inanimate objects anyone would like to see made into a pokemon for gen 8? XD

Though I think the most awful and terrifying thing of gen 6 has to be barbaracle. Binacle is okay to an extent but hoo boy when it evolves...

Hey while we're on the topic- any inanimate objects anyone would like to see made into a pokemon for gen 8? XD
Still waiting for a haunted mirror

Still waiting for a haunted mirror
Funny, I was just thinking maybe a glove... a white... ghost-type glove... XD

Actually what would be great is if they took some of the famous legends of the franchise like missingno and the white ghost hand and made them into legit pokemon. Especially missingno. D= Let Missingno be a real pokemon, Game Freak. It had to fill in for so many and never got to be official- give it love. It has everyone else's.

You say that, but eevee is like the secondary overall mascot next to Pikachu right now and with all of its evolutions is a heck of a more popular pokemon than most of the starters. =/ I don't think it's unreasonable to say that you could keep a starter on all fours and still have people get super attached. If we got some final starter evos looking like midday or dusk lycanroc, people would go nuts.

Also fairly certain Bugs and Mickey are humanoid so they can interact with things more easily, not appeal to the audience. XD
It's secondary. I'll never be a posterboy like Mewtwo or Lucario
EDIT:Bugs was made the way he was so that American's during the time could have a hero to look to in the face of danger while Mickey was portrayed as an everyman that working people could relate to.
It's not just for the sake of convenience

Last edited:
Nope, he's in the top twenty ranking in at number twelve. That the least popular sadly seems to be Decidueye
Many Japanese fans are passionate about Tiger Mask because he's a icon to them so that rubbed off on Incineroar.

Aw, no love for Robin Hood Owl? I guess that would partially explain why in the anime Rowlet looks to be in no hurry to evolve while Litten seems to be on track for it.

What was Decidueye's exact placement then?

Last edited:
A kid probably wouldn't know that you have too press B on the evolution screen in the first place,
Isn't it constantly said by NPCs at the start of the game for that exact reason?
or even be aware of what the starters evolve into
There's merch, anime, and the official website, not to mention any fansites for the dedicated kids. If a kid's concerned about what their Pokemon's gonna evolve into, they can easily check for themselves.
Making them anthropomorphous makes them easy to adapt into things like Smash, the anime, among other things.
I'm pretty sure most Pokemon featured in the anime aren't humanoid. (Honestly, in the first season, i don't think I can recall any recurring Pokemon that was) And designing with Smash in mind doesn't make sense for a number of reasons-
  • Game Freak doesn't profit as much from Smash as they do from making their own games
  • Pokemon already has six fighters in the latest Smash, which is quite a high number compared to other games
  • There's only two starter Pokemon in the latest smash-and one of them is a dragon
  • In Brawl, we had the Pokemon trainer fighter use a quadruped Pokemon just fine

Anyone have an idea as to when the Sun/Moon/USUM anime is projected to end?

I think we safely say we aren't going to see them keep something quadruped if it's a Starter.
At the end of the day they're mascots.
Ever wonder why neither Bugs or Mickey look like their real life counterparts?
It's because Jones and Disney gave them Human-like elements so that the audience can get more attached to them which is why most mascots in animation are extremely humanoid or have those qualities.
For Pokemon the same thing goes.
Making them anthropomorphous makes them easy to adapt into things like Smash, the anime, among other things.
What about Pluto? Lion king? Eevee? Eeveelutions? Paw patrol?

Highly popular and four legged. GF just doesn’t want to let us have a quadrupedal final fire for some mysterious reason becaise they apparently hate them for some mysterious reason. But being bipedal or quadrupedal has nothing to do with popularity. It’s just the design in general, just like some venusaur over charizard and vice versa.

Highly popular and four legged. GF just doesn’t want to let us have a quadrupedal final fire for some mysterious reason becaise they apparently hate them for some mysterious reason. But being bipedal or quadrupedal has nothing to do with popularity. It’s just the design in general, just like some venusaur over charizard and vice versa.
I doubt that they don't want to make a quad fire starter, they just design what they please. Heck almost half of the animals stand on legs anyway.

Isn't it constantly said by NPCs at the start of the game for that exact reason?

There's merch, anime, and the official website, not to mention any fansites for the dedicated kids. If a kid's concerned about what their Pokemon's gonna evolve into, they can easily check for themselves.

I'm pretty sure most Pokemon featured in the anime aren't humanoid. (Honestly, in the first season, i don't think I can recall any recurring Pokemon that was) And designing with Smash in mind doesn't make sense for a number of reasons-
  • Game Freak doesn't profit as much from Smash as they do from making their own games
  • Pokemon already has six fighters in the latest Smash, which is quite a high number compared to other games
  • There's only two starter Pokemon in the latest smash-and one of them is a dragon
  • In Brawl, we had the Pokemon trainer fighter use a quadruped Pokemon just fine
. The bipedal ones like Infernape or Greninja are the ones that get far more screentime than their teammates.
. Smash benefits all parties involved since it 's all just a marketing ploy to get people to buy the characters games.
. Ivysaur was only chosen to fil a quota but Sakurai originally wanted Blastoise and in four settled for Zard

None of those characters are mascots or the faces of their owners though.
I'm not saying that it can't work but that most seem to identify with characters with human-like qualities.
As history has proven.

I hope the next fire starter isn’t involved with fighting in any shape and form. Fire is my favourite type, and I mostly try to pick the fire starter, but it’s becoming increas8ngly difficult each generation since Generation 5.

Delphox is a monstrosity, which is completely outclassed by Infernape and Blaziken just before it. Delphox was a nice break from the Fire/Fighting lines, but it had s9 much potential. Even the fan,ade Braixen evolutions seem different and better than Delphox.

And then came Incineroar. It seems like a Fire/Fighting with dark slapped on it (I understand the heel reasoning, but it does not take away from the fact that it’s the FOURH out of seven starters with a fighting lore. It’s even more than half!) The only saving grace was it’s personality and shiny form for me. I was able to accept Incineroar now, but I don’t think we need something like it again.

I want the next fire starter to be very detached from the Fire/Fighting concept. Preferably a fast Fire/Fairy.

Aw, no love for Robin Hood Owl? I guess that would partially explain why in the anime Rowlet looks to be in no hurry to evolve while Litten seems to be on track for it.

What was Decidueye's exact placement then?
He was like twenty or so IIRC.

Anyone have an idea as to when the Sun/Moon/USUM anime is projected to end?
Well, we know that Necrozma is going to be in the anime and we have had episodes on Nihilego (Aether Arc) and Buzzwole. Poipole as we know is going to be a main character (Which probs means Naganadel as well but can't say that just yet). So that just leaves Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Celesteela, Kartana, Guzzlord, Stakataka, Blacephalon and then the (Most likely) Necrozma arc.

Then we have to take character's into consideration: We know Acerola and Nanu will appear eventually but brings to question the likes of Hapu and Guzma.

That right there in my opinion, is enough to last a year. If we don't have Gen 8 this year, the anime is looking at another Black and White scenario.

Not apart of the question but then there is the TCG: We have Ultra Necrozma and Naganadel now with Stakataka is confirmed to be in the Hoenn set which probs mean's Blacephalon as well.

Sure, Mimikyu GX in english or Passimian GX or along those lines are yet to come

But after that, the only Gen 7 Pokemon yet to be in the TCG is Zeraora.

I feel we are getting a game (Whatever it might) from now till about a month, especially with the Chunsoft announcement later this week and if that fails to present Mystery Dungeon, who knows.

I hope the next fire starter isn’t involved with fighting in any shape and form. Fire is my favourite type, and I mostly try to pick the fire starter, but it’s becoming increas8ngly difficult each generation since Generation 5.

Delphox is a monstrosity, which is completely outclassed by Infernape and Blaziken just before it. Delphox was a nice break from the Fire/Fighting lines, but it had s9 much potential. Even the fan,ade Braixen evolutions seem different and better than Delphox.

And then came Incineroar. It seems like a Fire/Fighting with dark slapped on it (I understand the heel reasoning, but it does not take away from the fact that it’s the FOURH out of seven starters with a fighting lore. It’s even more than half!) The only saving grace was it’s personality and shiny form for me. I was able to accept Incineroar now, but I don’t think we need something like it again.

I want the next fire starter to be very detached from the Fire/Fighting concept. Preferably a fast Fire/Fairy.
Well don't all pokemon technically fight? Meaning it's going to be designed for fighting no matter what?

Attachments

• Immaginem.png
    Immaginem.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

I'd love to see a KaraKasa based Pokemon XDD I don't know why, but I always loved that yokai...

It's like that:
G22_6dDc60bxPhO0AJjbDG2AE-foDcvz7xcwK9oqusGuf2wWEGyzJq8RMCCRbjTBgUpgnhylcXVIoH9y3iSkIRAnwy8YtAZa7x3G8rH34Mxms7P7xW2RCd9QcMoSLgKOBsXGpTOegFtUnvNuzByzN2tYm1fgFM-N66luhMzC-xKaOKuow1g1jx8fiBL2_QkpIVlL8qTzeUP-PWPiNnKCNoaIgTszwwcL2OypEIQlemiKgu8TSspSIDEwkQs2t33niY9kiV8biAwolSZRg4mJbReP5KfVYfr1xmYrCEUFjeqe32JiRiiN05ZIvQA-d6AhseFdkRBaTbHWtyHzvDjnqj1K_2CZaARfm_CeXrAAPtSTHBCeYXbOxV_coi2LrvOlzlTD7IZsJL12OdcdRRla201gMW5xxX8G_seRWZd1W99h3DRJmOceMjnX37-tSIa1vcIn0EKWUPS5Ir1BUR38MhAOKVDCIyLqkBIRI7CkwYJLaMJvqDbrqhoLMUWFJlBMGZs9mrKWYcDUy1RVU-Pg46jonSo-00qeM55BUykTUSUtPnIKi2QH04HFM5GNBOSnASLOUrHv7jTHLcE6f8lOKFFu_4nlsJEp21IUf44NHimed9Mt19uD0o9M6ewKMSfv3E9lKVkkcRbGIQrhyVH-fy8EyUAIFgkYsVjTtfD08q8sfKo=w397-h745-no

Wow, look at all those unconfirmed leaks.

But they do seem to point in a similar direction: a reboot of the series. While it could mean Kanto remakes, it could also mean that the franchise is making huge changes to the pokemon games once and for all, changing the gaming format completely. While I'm concerned about getting alienated as an old fan, I'm pretty excited that the series might become completely different games that starts fresh again. For god's sake, I do hope they put an end to the never-ending nostalgia-milking of "anniversary this" and "anniversary that". There's been just way too much "anniversaries" of everything (mostly Kanto) and too much commemoration of everything (mostly Kanto). If something has to be done in the name of "anniversary", I hope they treat it right and rare, as special as it could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom