• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we might be running a bit dry on speculation... I've got a want for gen 8 that I'd like to throw out there, though. =D

Albino Pokemon!

I know this was a texture glitch that happened in X/Y but daaaamn what I wouldn't give to have it become a new alternate coloration alongside shiny. Even if that would make three near-identical dewgongs.
What if pokemon have differebt patters and even vary in height. The switch is capable of procedural textures

What if pokemon have differebt patters and even vary in height. The switch is capable of procedural textures
I’ve wanted this for so long. Like, even if it’s just a subtle difference in the shade of fur color or something. Idk, I thought Magikarp Jump was really well-done with all its patterns and colors and I feel the main series could be really cool if it implemented that. Of course, I doubt it’ll ever happen, but I can dream.

I agree! I really liked dragon quest 8's graphics, probably more than 11s honestly. Sorry it took so long to respond also, I was banned for a misunderstanding about my friend and I using the same computer to post stuff. I didn't know that was against the rules! I'm glad to be back though.

Last edited:
Def agreed with a take like Dragon Quest. Literally every mainstream Nintendo game has adopted the anime / cell shaded appeal for their games on the switch, so its extremely likely the switch will do so for Pokemon as well.

I’ve wanted this for so long. Like, even if it’s just a subtle difference in the shade of fur color or something. Idk, I thought Magikarp Jump was really well-done with all its patterns and colors and I feel the main series could be really cool if it implemented that. Of course, I doubt it’ll ever happen, but I can dream.
I could go for some subtle differences, but mostly I'd just like a new alternate coloration- maybe two, I'm thinking albino and "shadow."

Patterns would be great too, but I'd like only set patterns like in Magikarp Jump, not randomized ones like Spinda. Reason for that being because if I got a pokemon with a pattern on it that I really love, I'd like to be able to go to the store and pick up that pokemon as a plush or figurine and have it match. If it's randomized, they can't really produce a bunch of pokemon toys with randomized patterns on it, so you would never have a toy of your pokemon. I feel like that's something that would annoy a little kid, too.

I could go for some subtle differences, but mostly I'd just like a new alternate coloration- maybe two, I'm thinking albino and "shadow."

Patterns would be great too, but I'd like only set patterns like in Magikarp Jump, not randomized ones like Spinda. Reason for that being because if I got a pokemon with a pattern on it that I really love, I'd like to be able to go to the store and pick up that pokemon as a plush or figurine and have it match. If it's randomized, they can't really produce a bunch of pokemon toys with randomized patterns on it, so you would never have a toy of your pokemon. I feel like that's something that would annoy a little kid, too.
I think Bigbadbutterfree's idea about slightly unique pokemon sounds pretty cool, but I agree with you too in that it would be hard to show that off in merchandise and advertisements. Personally though I always liked the slight uniformity of each pokemon, it's always reminded me of rpgs which I also like. Gee, I guess Pokémon is an rpg at heart after all, we just catch the monsters instead of clobbering um. I guess we can't want it both ways, but I do like both ideas.

Def agreed with a take like Dragon Quest. Literally every mainstream Nintendo game has adopted the anime / cell shaded appeal for their games on the switch, so its extremely likely the switch will do so for Pokemon as well.

I'm with you on this. DQXI art def. could be done with Pokémon and I really expect this kind of evolution on franchise on the future, but not now - after all, It will be the first entry on the console (remember what XY was on 3DS first Pokémon debut)

I think Bigbadbutterfree's idea about slightly unique pokemon sounds pretty cool, but I agree with you too in that it would be hard to show that off in merchandise and advertisements. Personally though I always liked the slight uniformity of each pokemon, it's always reminded me of rpgs which I also like. Gee, I guess Pokémon is an rpg at heart after all, we just catch the monsters instead of clobbering um. I guess we can't want it both ways, but I do like both ideas.
I'd really like the happiest medium I can think of between unique and uniform- like Magikarp Jump really does it well. There's a set number of colors and patterns that you could easily make merchandise of to match every one. If there was a set variety of patterns for each pokemon in the main series games, they could probably up the variety without going too overboard.

I'd settle for just new alternate colorations at this point, though. We could use more than just shiny.

I wouldn't mind if every Pokémon could have varying sizes like Pumpkaboo, I guess it would also change their weight and maybe some stats too, that would be fun to see.

Pokémon like Drifloon could grow in size and loose weight as Hp, but gain speed.
Pokémon like Porygon could retain the same weight across all sizes…became Data Compression?
I'm sure that wouldn't be too hard if they could whip up some kind of algorithm for each Pokémon, it might go something like this: If Size 3 +5 Hp, -5 Speed, I'm not a coder but I think you know what I'm getting at.

Though if they ever gave all Pokémon varying sizes I think they should let you see the size in battle so you don't have to waste time catching a bunch of one Pokémon when your after a specific size.

I wonder how open it is people want things to be, because I was just thinking about things like the water routes, and I was always annoyed by the matter they're so wide that in order to not miss anything, you have to zigzag down the route, making it take longer. That's only a personal problem, though, as it's always been my mission to fight everything.

It’s happening guys!
dbf6d2afa92839396cf4e07b726c424e.png

/jk

Imagine if they would have shown a silhouette of the figure... lol

Wow these new figures are really really crappy looking. That's the kind of quality and design of figures I'd expect to find in a McDonalds happy meal or in a gumball machine.. Are people actually excited about those?
Dude I agree. Look at the Blacephalon toy. Uuuuglyyyyyy.

There's still one left,I wonder what it could be.

I'm wondering,if the game is coming late 2019,and revealed early 2019...Can the fandom really survive that?People are just going to get crazier and crazier.Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom