• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New forum style now live; More to come (Evie's Den (Houndoom) style now live!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Vulpix037 This is what it's supposed to look like (and what it does look like on my computer):

Attachments

• Eviesdendemo.png
    Eviesdendemo.png
    290.2 KB · Views: 16
The problem is that the Bulbagarden Forums banner at the right appears on top because the Houndour/Houndoom image is just a background image. So when the window width becomes smaller, the banner image covers it up entirely.

A3nLy.gif

The same thing happens with Year of the Dog, except the "Bulbagarden Forums" banner on this one is just text on a transparent background, so the Arcanine/Growlithe background image is still visible behind it, and with Rainbow Rocket, except with that one the background image is aligned to the right while the banner is aligned to the left (the banner is also just text on a transparent background, so you can still see the background image.)
Probably other themes too, but those are the only ones I really checked. I assume this rule applies to all themes.

I recommend getting rid of the stars and the fog from the banner and having it on the background image itself instead, and having the banner as just text on transparent background. That way the "Bulbagarden Forums" title banner won't completely cover up the Houndoom art on mobile, and you'll still have those stars and the fog/cloud showing underneath. Though the "Bulbagarden Forums Evie's Den" text may cover the art a little bit, but it's better than not seeing anything at all.

unknown.png

What I mean is, fill most of the blank purple space with the same fog and stars effect as you have on the banner, and change the banner so it's just neon sign letters on transparent background.

Also, I wouldn't recommend using direct links to discord attachments for forum theme images. Why not upload them to the forums' servers alongside the other styles'? Discord is not an image host.
You did the same thing with Year of the Dog too. If the posts were deleted from Discord, or Discord staff eventually cleared old attachments themselves to free up space on their servers, the forum themes break.
No harm in keeping them on the forums' servers with the other themes' pictures, and you'll have better control over everything there.
We weren't able to upload the image urls other places for a while, but it's all fixed now. We've also looked into the issue with the logo on phones, and will probably be updating it sooner or later. Thanks for your feedback :D

Not quite sure if this is the right place to post with, but I can't get rid of the notice at the top of the page on Evie's Den. I'm guessing this is just a glitch.

Where do I exactly change the style? I still carry on the RR one.
If you go to the bottom of the page there should be a piece of text saying which theme you're currently using.
Click on that and it'll take open a window with all the available themes. Just click on the one you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom