• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Do you have starter Pokémon spawn frequently in your area outside events?

Rocket Zigzagoon

Sell a Flareon
Reaction score
In case you're wondering, do you tend to see some starter Pokémon spawning in the wild in more-frequent basis than other starters, for your area? (not counting Pikachu and Eevee)

For my area, Bulbasaur spawns more often than other starters in some basis. Before Generation 2 come, Squirtle and Charmander played hide and seek in my area. During Generation 2, Chikorita was everywhere vandalizing the Grass biome. For now, aside Bulbasaur, I could see some Treecko and (in certain spots) a Torchic.

I could see a Venusaur spawning in my area, but I didn't tap him.

We get lots of Sunny/Clear weather and Mountain biome downtown, so all of Charmander/Cyndaquil/Torchic show up a bit too much compared to the other starters. The latter seems to spawn a lot in Cloudy too, perhaps because its evolutions are part-Fighting?

In a few park areas, Bulbasaur/Chikorita make their appearance. Especially in Sunny/Clear and some Cloudy for Bulba too. Near the sea, we do get a fair share Squirtle/Totodile (Rain's rare though).

Treecko/Mudkip seem to be the most rare here, mostly appearing on their boosting weather (with Rain making Mudkip even more rare), and even then only in small numbers and very specific areas. To the point that the "Catch 3 Treecko or Mudkip" Field Research Task that rewards a Torchic is considered one of the worst here; catch 3 of the hard-to-get ones for an easy-to-get as a reward :(

We get lots of Sunny/Clear weather and Mountain biome downtown, so all of Charmander/Cyndaquil/Torchic show up a bit too much compared to the other starters. The latter seems to spawn a lot in Cloudy too, perhaps because its evolutions are part-Fighting?

In a few park areas, Bulbasaur/Chikorita make their appearance. Especially in Sunny/Clear and some Cloudy for Bulba too. Near the sea, we do get a fair share Squirtle/Totodile (Rain's rare though).

Treecko/Mudkip seem to be the most rare here, mostly appearing on their boosting weather (with Rain making Mudkip even more rare), and even then only in small numbers and very specific areas. To the point that the "Catch 3 Treecko or Mudkip" Field Research Task that rewards a Torchic is considered one of the worst here; catch 3 of the hard-to-get ones for an easy-to-get as a reward :(
I second some. Fire-types are quite rare in my area, but Mudkip is the worst offender in my area.
Treecko has slightly more spawn rates in my area, just behind Bulbasaur because I live in Grass Biome and Poison Turf. I already have enough candies to prepare for Mega Venusaur and Mega Sceptile.

Bulbasaur. And omg Chikorita. There were so many Chikorita spawning that I had my first Meganium even before I got any of the third stages of the Kanto starters. And not as frequently, but quite often, Treecko.

Damn, those Grass-type starters sure like appearing. Those three appear the most regardless of weather.

I seem to have really bad luck because all I get is Torchic from eggs. Honestly the only starter outside of weather I see a lot of is Mudkip and Bulbasaur. Everything else shows up with it's weather mostly
You live in Grass/Poison/Water area? Or (for Mudkip) do you have nest for them?

Bulbasaur. And omg Chikorita. There were so many Chikorita spawning that I had my first Meganium even before I got any of the third stages of the Kanto starters. And not as frequently, but quite often, Treecko.

Damn, those Grass-type starters sure like appearing. Those three appear the most regardless of weather.
Wow. Same situation. But here always got Cloudy weather so Poison-type Bulbasaur appears more often. Not sure about Sunny though.

Bulbasaur and Chikorita are fairly common where I live, but I still have yet to obtain enough candies for a Meganium.
Do you use one of them as your buddies?
And is Treecko common as well in your Grass biome?

Treecko isn’t as common as the two I mentioned, but I still see it from time to time. I know it’s impractical, but I reserve my buddy slot for Sableye only.

Treecko isn’t as common as the two I mentioned, but I still see it from time to time. I know it’s impractical, but I reserve my buddy slot for Sableye only.
Quite reasonable, since Sableye has a Mega Evolution like Venusaur and Sceptile do.
But did you not see Sableye in Halloween last year? I had some.

Also, Torchic start appearing more often in my areas when it's not Partially Cloudy, too.
They spawn more often than Spearow in this area.

If Pokémon GO really have Smogon rules tackled in, then Blaziken would be Uber-tier Fearow even in this game (he's already Uber-tier in Smogon core-series battles).

Where I live, we have Bulbasaur spawning 24/7, and Torchic is a common one as well. Most starter pokemon spawn near me consistently, my Mom sometimes wonders if we have a nest where I live. I doubt it, but it would explain the 7-10 Bulbasaur I caught in 20 minutes.

It could depend on biomes, really.
Since Bulbasaur is Grass/Poison-type at start, he can appear more common in Poison-type areas like parks or industrial areas.

The only Pokémon I couldn't ever find is Piplup. While Turtwig and Chimchar spawn here and there in my area, Piplup is nowhere to be found. Same for Mudkip almostly.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom