• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups The Rowan University of Pokemon Studies.

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
@Taengoo @Warrior of Fire @ThreeThousandFish @Doctor Celebi @Kimono Dragon @BulbasaurFan4

A warm late summer afternoon graced the coastal town of Sandgem as buses and cars arrive in a giant parking lot as people flood with bags and suitcases. Young adults arriving from the airport from far off regions, others arrive in cars from town or other parts of Sinnoh. The next part of their life journey begins today here, at the Rowan University. A dark skinned, silver haired woman who looks to be about in her late-twenties appears and rises onto a raised platform above the mass of people.

Raising a megaphone up to her mouth; “Good afternoon everyone, thank you for taking these long journeys for some of you and for coming out here today. I am Angela Prescott, a professor here at the university. We usually have a more formal welcome for the students but due to most of you very likely being tired from your trips, we will have you be introduced to your dorms.”

Professor Prescott gilded her hand over to a group of teachers and dorm buildings in the distance.

“In your acceptance letter you’ve received, there will be the number of your dorm building. When you arrive there, please wait in the buildings bottom floor until the dorm master arrives. They will tell you about your rooms and possible roommates.”

The raise platform began to lowered as students began to dispersed to the multiple dorm buildings.

(All of you guys are in Dorm Building 3C, you may show up and sit in the waiting room).

Jean-Paul was one of the first to arrived in the dorm building. He sat on one of many couches present on the bottom floor. The jet lag was really hard on him, Kalos was really far from Sinnoh and the plane ride really took its toll greatly.

“Oh mon Dieu. All I want to do is lay down.”

Tsukiko follow suit and sat in the nearest corner she could lay her eyes on. The jet lag wasn’t has bad on her, but she had to get up real early in the morning to catch her flight. It was her first time on a plane too. God, she can remember the chills going up her spine when they took off.

“I’m really grateful to not have to sit through some long assembly after that trip,” she quietly mutter to herself.

There were not too many people in the dorm building when Renée walked in. It was a challenge for her to stay awake at this point, she did not get much sleep the night before her flight, and the jet lag caused by her flying from Kalos did not help. But she still wanted to make a good first impression, so she did her best to hide her drowsiness. Too tired to do much else, Renée found an open spot on a couch and plopped down, doing her best to look attentive.

After walking in the dorm... Snow yawned, all that jet lag got Snow thinking so he sat down and thought about pokemon and other stuff before relaxing for a while.

Jericho staggered himself into the waiting room. The jet flight took much longer than he expected, and Sinnoh was far chillier than the tropical islands he had called home for the past 17 years. Reaching inside his pants pocket, he pulled out a slightly crumpled photo of him and his parents smiling in front of the Aether Foundation. On the back of the picture was Dad's (admittedly messy) handwriting reminding his son to have fun, learn a lot, and be safe. Underneath that was Mom's (admittedly ornate) handwriting saying that they were all rooting for Jericho. The teen smiled to himself before lying back in the couch he was sitting and resting his weary eyes.

Moon Byulyi and Minhyuk’s plane from Unova had touched down a few hours prior, and so the fraternal twins had made their way to Building 3C long before the other students. Right now, Minhyuk was sitting upright in one of the chairs, whilst Byul was slumped lazily against him. Both were trying their best to fight off the brutal jetlag, though it seemed rather futile, shown by the fact that Minhyuk was dozing off and Byul was out like a light.

Oh well, they had time. It wasn’t like they wouldn’t be waiting a while for everyone else to show up.

Edgar Magnockette entered the basement of Dorm Building 3C with thuds & sniffles. She allowed gravity to simply pull her legs to each, lower step of the staircase that led her to this area in which her new peers gathered, and gravity independently pulled her runny mucous from her nostrils in the same direction.

When she noisily plopped into the room, Edgar viewed it & the people. They soon became a haze because she began to think and because she was sleepy. Automatically, she with her chunky gray suitcase shuffled leftward, away from the stairwell, and stood. Her thick back pressed against the wall of the room and her mind began familiarly to ignore the images that her eyes received while it explored. Gurgles of snot in her nose were occasional.

Last edited:
Renée looked around the room, a few more people had come in. She wanted to introduce herself to her new classmates, but they looked about as tired as she was. To pass the time until the dorm master arrived, and stave off sleep, she looked over acceptance letter again, giggling to herself when she remembered the look of shock on her parent’s faces when she showed it to them. After that, she went over her notes on what she knew about Pokémon evolution, her major, the things she was hoping to learn, and and the things she wanted to study in her own time.

Her Feebas, Barnett, was an example of this. She knew that one of the main ways to make him evolve involved making him beautiful enough. But she didn’t understand how that was decided. Beauty according to who? Apparently not her, because she already thought he was beautiful, and that wasn't enough it seemed. She didn’t even want to begin thinking about how feeding him blue pokéblocks or other things played into this.

Renée rubbed her eyes, she was starting to get a headache. She looked around, other people had already fallen asleep. Deciding that it wouldn’t hurt to take a quick nap until the dorm master showed up, she lowered her hat over her eyes, relaxed against the armrest, and sleep quickly overcame her.

A hot, sickly frustration had been accruing in the stomach of Edgar since she & her parents began to prepare for her departure to Sinnoh, and every item in the stuffy, sleepy room jabbed her mind with memories of her mother & father. The bags, the burdensome luggage that accompanied the students ceaselessly disrupted her cognition with the image of her mother in her bedroom.

Edgar had watched with strange fixation her mother fill a suitcase with essential items - every preparation for academic activities & a relatively independent lifestyle. The sleepers in the waiting room resembled her father, who had sat in a seat rather far from his daughter & his wife in the plane that brought them to this dense, vaguely chilly region. A mistake in some system of an airport had given him that seat, far away, and Edgar could not stop watching him sleep, far away.

Warmth like that of humid swamp shivered slowly through Edgar's skin. In the haste of the entrance into the dorm building, she had neglected to say "bye" or even look at her parents. Against the wall of the waiting room, Edgar crumpled slightly inward. Her head dropped, her belly folded uncomfortably, and her hands reached under her shoulders to burrow into that sweaty crevice. Her mind performed a horrible cyclone of several, single, ephemeral thoughts. Edgar felt suddenly miserable and wanted to leave. She began to chew on the collar of her tee shirt that hid poorly under the bodice of the plain dress her father had chosen for the hypothetical welcoming ceremony.

Michael and Heather sat dow somewhere in the middle of the room - Michael sprawled out slightly while Heather sat straight and careful to prevent any embarrassing moments in regards to her skirt. Michael let out a yawn as he settled into the chair.

"Man, that flight from Alola was long," he said.

"Well," Heather replied, "at least there weren't any issues on it. It could have been a lot worse."

"Yeah. We could have been on the same plane as that one guy who seems cursed to never have a smooth flight, no matter how many times he has to fly somewhere."

They both laughed lightly at that, then Heather leaned over and laid her head on Michael's shoulder.

@Warrior of Fire @Taengoo @ThreeThousandFish @Doctor Celebi @Kimono Dragon @BulbasaurFan4

All the students of Dorm Building 3C had all arrived and tired, their dorm master should be arriving any second to show them to rooms and introduce their roomates.

A woman proceeded to walk into the building scratching her head; “God why did they make me do that introduction? I freaking hate that elevated platform.”

The woman on closer inspection was Professor Angela Prescott, the dark-skinned, silver haired woman from the welcome.

“Oh, all the students are here,” she lamented.

Professor Prescott proceeded to grab a chair and sit herself down in front of the freshmen students and to a deep breath.

“Allow me to introduce myself once more, I am Professor Angela Prescott and I will be your Dorm Master.”

Raising her hand; “Now to get the obvious question out of the way; why is a professor like me being a Dorm Master? The school sometimes likes Professors to do this to connect with their students so a few of us volunteered to do it.”

“Now the boring stuff, rules,” the professor moved on. “You’ll have a curfew of 9 PM on Sundays through Thursdays, and 10 PM on Friday’s & Saturdays as well as on extended weekends,” Prescott continue with the rules. “And please, don’t try to sneak out, there are security guards at the opening of each building if you have a problem and I am not present please go to the buildings security guard.”

“For meals, you can go to the cafeteria building and grab something; or you can used the kitchen and create your own meals, however you will have to pay for your own ingredients.”

The rest of the rules are standard school rules and other stuff; no alcohol consumption, no brawls, etc.

“Alright, now for your roommates.”

Angela gets up from her chair, and places a piece of paper on a corkboard behind her. “Your roommates and room number are present of the sheet, and your rooms are the floor above us. Please note, there’s an odd number of you, so we have to room some of you solo. When you are done up there, please returned here and I’ll finish up with some last things. If you have any questions I will be in the kitchen area.”

Male:
Jean-Paul Vandame - Moon Minhyuk
Michael Ayers -Jericho Solemius
Snow Gimm(Solo)

Female:
Tsukiko Nakagawa - Renée Paige
Edgar Magnockette - Moon “Byul” Byulyi
Heather Winters(Solo)

Last edited:
Renée woke up to the sound of movement, and saw that the Dorm Master had arrived, and explained that the room numbers were on the sheet she put up. It did not take long for Renée to realize that the Professor had been there for a while and that she slept through orientation. Mentally kicking herself she debated what to do. The Professor mentioned that she would be in the kitchen area if anybody had any questions. But Renée pictured how that conversation would sound. “Hey Professor! Can you tell me the rules and pretty much everything else? Sorry I was too busy sleeping when you told us the first time.” She sighed, that definitely wouldn't leave a good impression, so she decided that she would just have to guess what she missed.

Renée figured that anything illegal would be against the rules, and that she would have to wear her uniform while on campus, or at least to class. There was probably a curfew, she had no idea when it was, but she never tended to stay out too late anyway, not since her visit to that scary house outside Laverre City, so she figured she would be safe in that department. As for the rest, she figured that she would play it safe and watch what other people were doing.

Deciding that she had spent enough time sitting down, Renée got up to look at the sheet, upon finding her room number, she grabbed her bags and headed to her room, happy that she could finally settle in, meet her roommate, and that she didn’t sleep through the part about coming back to the waiting room after settling in.

Edgar, due to her very lonely, sullen mood, decided that Professor Prescott was obnoxious; regardless of the encouragement of the shoolastic administration and the potentially pleasant intentions of the professor, Edgar crumpled her nose and lashed her tongue within her mouth when the latter said "connect with their students."

She could not justify this prejudice against the woman, but she was very upset & felt no need to justify anything.

Edgar decided then to wait in the room and to neglect her dormitory - and everything - until necessity spurred her out of her inertia. She slid her back down the wall and sat beside her luggage. She proceeded to watch legs swing & skuffle toward the corkboard, to which she was unfortunately near.

Last edited:
Jean-Paul entered his empty room; the two beds, dressers and desks for him and his roommate the only things present. Jean-Paul place his bags on his bedside, and just simply sat on the bed.
"That feels so much better then the airplane seats," he quietly murmured. "So when will my roommate decide to show up?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tsukiko walked out of the main lobby and into the nearest bathroom, rushing to the sink and splashing water in her face covered in a nervous sweat.
"Where did that nervous breakdown come from?" She had mumbled. "Why did Professor Prescott had to be so pretty?!"
Once more, Tsukiko splashed water in her face; little known to only her father and one kimono girl at the Ecruteak theater, she was bisexual. Her reasoning when she became attracted to other woman was probably the lack of her late mother in her life. And of course, her dorm master had to be so beautiful to Tsukiko.

After turning off the sink, Tsukiko heard the sound of a Pokeball opening; her Houndoom, Mamoru popping out.
"Mamoru, this is bathroom you silly. Thanks for checking up on me though." She gave a small nuzzle on Mamoru's head.
Tsukiko and her Houndoom, Mamoru walked out of bathroom and up to the floor above. Coming to her new dorm room, she noticed the door was open.
'My roommate must be already inside, you'll be fine Tsukiko,' she thought.
She took a deep breath, adjusted her glasses, brushed her blue-dyed hair out of the way and walked through the door as Mamoru quietly followed.
"He...hello...," Tsukiko said in her normal shy voice as she entered. "You.....must be Renée I presume?"

Minhyuk had managed to shake his twin awake early enough to make it through the Professor's little spiel on the Academy's rules, and though the two of them still felt beyond exhausted, they were ready to get moving to their dorm. The twins respectively were always skeptical of same-sex rooming for obvious reasons, but neither chose to comment on the issue.

~

Minhyuk was in no particular rush to find his room, the jetlag in particular delaying his movements. Unlike his sister, he wasn't keen on exercising more than he had to on his first day here. He eventually found it, stepping inside, setting his belongings down before nodding his head to Jean-Paul in greeting.

"I'm Moon Minhyuk, I don't really care what you call me unless you want to be formal about it," he began, running a hand through his slightly messy blonde hair to push it out of his eyes. The teenager offered a reserved smile to his roommate. "You must be Jean-Paul, I presume?"

~

Byul, on the other hand, made it to her room much quicker than her slightly taller counterpart. She paced around a bit to get her blood flowing again (almost bumping into Tsukiko, to which she ruefully apologized for her lack of spatial awareness), before changing course and moving to open the door to her dorm room.

"Yo," she greeted Edgar, setting her bags down beside her designated bed. She took a second look at Edgar, noting her seemingly sour countenance, feeling some sort of tension in the air. "Well, you certainly seem jaded to be here..."

Renée walked into the room, tossed her hat onto a bed post, and started unpacking, before quickly deciding that she was too tired, and that she could get to it the next day. Instead she took the time to explore the room. She noticed the kitchen and smiled, though it was not much, she looked forward to what she could cook, what ingredients she could find in Sinnoh, and was excited to try making poffins, which she heard was popular in the region. It was not long before her new roommate walked in and said hello.

“Hi! Yep, I’m Renee, and you’re Tsukiko right? Sorry about the mess, I just started unpacking. Oh! And I haven’t really picked a bed, so you can have first dibs if you want.” Renée noticed the Pokémon behind Tsukiko. “Is that a Houndoom? Wow, that’s cool! I’ve never actually seen one before. Actually, that reminds me…” Renée reached into her bag, pulled out a pokéball and opened it, releasing Minette, her Mawile. “I wanted to let my Pokémon out as soon as I could.” The Mawile gave a polite bow as Renée made a mental note to find an aquarium or a pond for Barnett, her Feebas. “Anyways, sorry if I talked your ear off there, it’s nice to meet you.” Renée said with a smile as she held her hand out for a handshake.

Jean-Paul stood up from the bed he was sitting on when Minhyuk arrived in the room. He hasn't really done much since arriving at the room, almost falling asleep did happened.
"Yep, that is me. Jean-Paul Vandame, pleasure to make your acquaintance, Minhyuk," he said while putting out his arm for a handshake. "God, did that I say that right? And is that even his given name?" He said that last part really quietly.

~

Tsukiko was really at a lost for words at the moment since Renée was talking so fast, and asking so many questions.
'How can this girl have so much energy? Wait wasn't she the girl that fell asleep in the main lobby?' She thought.
The shy girl tried her best to reply to Renée's eagerness.
"Yes, I'm Nakaga- I mean Tsukiko Nakagawa, and this is my Houndoom, Mamoru," Tsukiko said with her Johto region accent. "I would like...the bed to my right please." Tsukiko followed up with also shakily raising her hand into Renée's. "It...is...nice to meet you as well Renée, and........ Minette was it?" She said to the Mawile.

She let go of her hand from her new roommate and place it on her forehead. This may be becoming overwhelming for her.
"I'm....sorry....," she said disjointed. "I....I think I might need to...sit down for a...second..."

Edgar had not the tenacity to endure any more discomfort, especially of the physical variety. She had swallowed some air, held it in her lungs, and moved her body into the flock of others by the corkboard. Her eyes had hurried to discover her designation to a dormitory and - Edgar had released her air in a hot, angry puff - her roommate. She snagged then the handle atop her suitcase and hauled it away as if she were a furious parent with a reluctant child. She stormed up staircases and through corridors.

This is not what I need, she thought. This is stupid.

Until Moon Minhyuk appeared, those two messages had repeated ceaselessly in her mind. Edgar had pushed her suitcase, that unpleasant gray hunk, against the side of her bed beside which she stood stiffly. She had folded her arms for optimal poutiness. "Hm," she said to the young woman, whose casually candid remark was unwelcome yet appreciably blunt. Edgar felt her arms loosen, and slight confusion suddenly interrupted her stubborness. Still, she retained her position by her bed and tried to ignore her roommate. The floor, she observed, was rather nice.

Jericho sighed at a level only audible to himself. He was hoping that he would be able to have a roommate this year and make an easy new acquaintance (and someone to show off his surfing medals to, but that's besides the point), but he quickly realized that there will be plenty of opportunities to make friends through classes, activities and trips. He headed to his room with a renewed pep in his step, setting up his new abode with Alolan trinkets of various sizes, colors, and authenticity.

Renée was a little concerned after she noticed Tsukiko’s hand shaking, and needing to sit down. She was hoping that Tsukiko was not feeling sick, though the thought had crossed her mind that her introduction may have been a bit overblown. Hoping that was not the case, Renée decided it would probably be best to give her some space. Resisting the urge to ask if she was okay, Renée cheerfully said, “Okay, and I’ll take the left bed.”

Their room was not too big, so Renée was already done looking around, with there not being too much else to do, she decided to resume unpacking. After quickly storing her clothes in a nearby dresser, she put away a few books. They were mostly science books written by various professors, mainly by her home region’s Professor Sycamore and the University’s founder, Professor Rowan.

Lastly, Renèe pulled a plastic box out of her bag, sat on her bed, and opened it. Inside was her prized, though disassembled, fishing pole. She thought it would be fun to go fishing after orientation, but she underestimated how bad the jet lag would be and was still not sure when curfew was. With a disappointed sigh, she quietly started assembling the pole for future use.

“Okay then, good talk,” Byulyi muttered under her breath upon noticing Edgar’s very apparent noncommittal willingness to continue the conversation. If her roommate wanted to ignore her the entire time, so be it. Two could play at that game, and it wasn’t like she didn’t already practice on her twin brother. She settled for unpacking her things in relative silence, humming a tune quietly enough that it probably wouldn’t bother the other girl in the room.

~

“Yes, you said it correctly, and yes, that is my given name,” Minhyuk remarked after shaking Jean-Paul’s offered hand, and instead of seeming offended he actually looked rather amused. “Don’t worry about it. You aren’t the first nor will you be the last to ask that question.”

Back
Top Bottom