• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP11: 10,000,000 Reasons to Fight!

Well I'm certainly glad to see that I wasn't the only one who thought the entire arc was rushed and sloppy. I haven't played the games, but I know something about them, and honestly, I would have preferred an adaptation of the first S&M games than Ultra Sun & Moon.

Lillie's entire character arc with her memory is pretty bad, not in concept (concept is great there) but in delivery because it's based on OOC actions and general stupidity. Solgaleo and Lunala are just THROWN in without introduction because "You should have played the game" even thought that's stupid thinking and they've never done that before.

As far as this, the final Z move confused me, since I've never played the game. Also pretty much came out of nowhere. Personally, I wouldn't mind Z moves as a game mechanic. I'd be using powerful moves like that a lot if I were playing. But as a thing in the anime I don't like it because spamming them takes away the skill and interest of real battling.

Speaking of battles, I liked the battles with the Pokemon and how they kept reviving, but this so should have been stretched out for another episode or two for tension.

Team Rocket was useless in this thing too, wasting episode time. The only reason they've been around was for the "nano-Koffing" joke and seemingly to keep them in the loop.

shakes head I just don't get this arc. I don't get how it got this way. I don't get how a series that actually tackled death, actual death in a sort of subtle and emotional way, also managed to deliver such a sloppy arc way too early, and also take Lillie's story, which should have had a lot of emotional meat to it, and give nothing but tofu (no offense to tofu eaters, but you know what I mean).

A part of me is sort of happy to see this thing finished, because I'd rather move on to potentially more interesting episodes, and that's kind of sad. I know I come off rather mean here, but... I wanted to like this. It just needed so much more effort.

Last edited:
Wow, what a dramatic conclusion to a fantastic arc!

Dammit, Ash, it is not a good idea to put your foot in corrosive poison, especially after Pikachu has a nauseous reaction to it.

Rowlaunch was pretty cool TBH! Hope we see more move combinations like this in future episodes. (y)

So, Lusamine's Pokémon wouldn't fall till the Mother Beast is defeated. That's rigged! :eek:

Cool seeing Magic Guard activated in the anime. Though I still feel it should be acid; Clefable is not immune to Acid.

Hmm... There are game Lillie shenanigans in the episode. So wicked, yet so lovely! My eye was about to shed a tear when Lusamine extended her arm to be set free. :cry:

Oh, so Nihilego wants to learn about humans as well. Hmm... kinda makes sense. It/They did attempt to capture humans twice (for known evidence).

Oof, random Z-Ring, random Z-Move (Ash shouldn't even know what the move is called or how it's done...) Oof! Oh well, it definitely looked aesthetically pleasing, so I guess I'll pass.

So, was it Burnet's machine or Solgaleo itself that caused the Wormhole to open? :confused::p

Bewear looked so cute carrying Team Rocket to its den. :X3::X3:

Lana, the troll LOL! :LOL:

An exciting, fun and emotional episode to watch. Wish we had seen more of Gladion than Ash, but eh. :cautious: I think the anime portrayed the UB arc in a decent manner, and for that I appreciate the writers. A 9.5/10 is what I'd like to give to this episode.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom