• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Buy or Pass?

The titular question: Buy or Pass?

• Buy

• Pass

• Still unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hard Pass.

If I'm really hankering for a Pokemon game at this point, may as well bite the bullet and pick up Pokken already.

I'll buy this since it seems like it's being made for casual players, and I am a casual; I don't do competitive. While I don't play Pokemon Go, I'll still buy this game. One aspect I like is the following/riding Pokemon. I also like that it does not need to be in the front of the party to be out of the ball.

The question NOW is which version?

I've been so unhyped to return to Kanto this way that I bought an N64 just to play stadium and I restarted my Firered nuzlocke too.

I worry I might let curiosity get the better of me and buy it but, I haven't bought colorsplash so...

maybe after we hear more about this game more people will be interested in buying. its still early.
I know I am getting this game. I think it may be fun changing things up a bit from what little we already know about the games.

maybe after we hear more about this game more people will be interested in buying. its still early.
I know I am getting this game. I think it may be fun changing things up a bit from what little we already know about the games.

Can't see there being much else to reveal

Wow we're almost at a 50/50 split these games are literally splitting the fandom down the middle. Can't get any more divisive than that.

Pass, no question about it. It has given me absolutely zero reasons to remotely consider it. Not only is it just more Kanto/Gen 1 butt-kissing, but nothing about these games are even the slightest bit interesting to me. It's actually given me MORE reasons to not only drop any interest in a Switch, but has seriously made me question the sanity of this franchise. If all they care about is Gen 1 pandering nowadays, treating Kanto as the center of the universe, then why should they even bother coming up with new regions, new Mons, and new Gens at all? It actually makes me pretty glad to be phasing out of the series, as I have just had it with all this Kanto glorification. So count me out 100%, as this was the final straw that broke the Camerupt's back.

I'm 100% a pass now. I am positive these games will appeal to many, but not for me. I am not going to trash the games, this just isn't my cup of tea.

I am going to pass too. The problem is I have been through this region many times already, and the overworld map just shown is nearly identical to the original games. I don't have a Switch yet, and paying 360 dollars + tax for mostly cosmetic innovation of a very old game just won't cut it. I feel these games weren't meant for loyal Pokefans like me - but rather the people who embraced the Pokemon GO fad, and who only felt the jolt of fun in Generation I.

That said, depending on how well these games sell and are perceived by reviewers, it might give judgement about the quality of main series games in general. After all, every main series game may just be primarily cosmetic skins of the original RBY in the eyes of the general public. The general flow of gameplay is hauntingly the the same: Choosing from 3 Lv. 5 Pokemon, walking around, training them in a turn based battle system, defeating powerful trainers, catching legendaries, and becoming the champ.

If every game is just an adjustment of Gen I's basic gameplay to most casuals, this game selling well would be a sign that the main series really is as stale as it seems.

I'm not sure yet, I don't have a switch so I would have to buy one just for this game and a few others. If it plays like a normal main series Pokémon game then I'd probably buy it, I actually really like Kanto and I'm kinda glad they're remaking it again. If it "feels" too much like a spinoff then I probably wouldn't buy it.

I'm not sure yet, I don't have a switch so I would have to buy one just for this game and a few others. If it plays like a normal main series Pokémon game then I'd probably buy it, I actually really like Kanto and I'm kinda glad they're remaking it again. If it "feels" too much like a spinoff then I probably wouldn't buy it.

So how would you know how it "feels" without playing it?

I'm definitely getting the game, especially after seeing recent trailers. It looks really vibrant and immersive...despite the seemingly simplified gameplay, these titles look like something I'll enjoy. Pika at my side with cute clothing and hair? yes yes. Hopefully I'll be able to play with some friends!!

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom