• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM080: Sand's Storm! Ice Cave Double Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you show it to me?

91gIl026tnL._SL1500_.jpg

Lili either will be a trial captain or oponent in the league at some point. There needs to be a big Alolan master tournament or maybe the bttle tree will fill this role?
Maybe they will try to copy fully Kantos gym and League? and the original organizator of the pokemon league will come and start the tournament. Great ocassion to show other trainers from past generations.

Lillie's not going to be a Trial Captain, those don't exist in the anime.

And League opponent, also doubtful. She's still a rookie trainer.

That didn't stop Sawayer! ;)
And heck, her story is already being handled better than his.

Sawyer wasn't a main character though, he was a rival.

Lillie is a main character and deuteragonist of this series. Her growth is something we need to actually see on-screen.

As far as remember, Lillie has shown no interest in participating in the league (I'd like to be corrected if it isn’t the case).
So far I think the participants are: Ash, Kiawe, Gladion and possibly Ilima.
@PkmnTrainerV
Not to even mention, we need some specialty to demonstrate the battle of the tournament since this is the first time in Alola then I might guess some character may return. I betting money on Anabel. Despite, the chance of her coming back very silm.

Now, we already have three presumably member (Olivia, Moylane and Acerola) of Elite Four is going to represent the stages for the challenger to battle against them. Only one more (Kahlil) remain yet to be appear but will eventually would.

Perhaps in the sport episode of featuring the Golf since most of her time training and playing to become the top golfer and the chance of her performing Supersonic Skystrike flying type of Z-move with one of her pokemon.

I don't expect them to establish an elite four out of nowhere for the anime. We'll most likely just get a tournament with F4 members from the games as challengers.

It’s not as if Elite four are showcased often in the anime anyway. They’re usually just mentioned or appear at the league without having any major role (Malva being an obvious exception).

I don't expect them to establish an elite four out of nowhere for the anime.
Why not? It kinda happened that way in the games too.
It’s not as if Elite four are showcased often in the anime anyway. They’re usually just mentioned or appear at the league without having any major role (Malva being an obvious exception).
While maybe not in a way you speak of, the Sinnoh Elite Four all appeared during the Diamond & Pearl series and Flint for example played a pretty significant role.

While maybe not in a way you speak of, the Sinnoh Elite Four all appeared during the Diamond & Pearl series and Flint for example played a pretty significant role.

That is why I said usually. Elite four usually aren’t explored in depth but some have had their own episodes with fairly significant roles- Malva like I said before, and Flint along with maybe some other examples I'm forgetting about.

It isn’t assured that the Alola Elite Four will get anything more than an acknowledgement as expert trainers and maybe a battle.
But Kukui will be definitely seeing some focus, as he’s the creator of the league and the rivalry between Incineroar and Torracat.

VA List and summaries
On their way back from an extracurricular lesson, Satoshi and the others decide to take a shortcut through a cave. However, trouble arrives as they end up getting separated from one another. Will they be able to make it back in one piece?!

Summary:
On their way back from the Hōkūlani Observatory, Satoshi and the others decide to take a shortcut through a cave. However, one of Bakugames' explosions cause them to get separated from one another. Afterwards, Lilie, Mao and Māmane meet a group of Alola Sand in the middle of training. It appears they are fighting to protect a place that means a lot to them from a Bangiras. Lilie challenges the Bangiras to a battle for the Alola Sand's sake. Will she be able to win?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Megumi Hayashibara: Mokuroh
Mika Kanai: Togedemaru
Rikako Aikawa: Ashimari
Chika Fujimura: Amamaiko
Chinami Nishimura: Nyaheat
Kenta Miyake: Bakugames
Yuji Ueda: Alola Sand
Keiichi Nakagawa: Lugarugan
Toru Sakurai: Bangiras
Unsho Ishizuka: Narration

On their way back from an extracurricular lesson, Satoshi and the others decide to take a shortcut through a cave. However, trouble arrives as they end up getting separated from one another. Will they be able to make it back in one piece?!

Summary:
On their way back from the Hōkūlani Observatory, Satoshi and the others decide to take a shortcut through a cave. However, one of Bakugames' explosions cause them to get separated from one another. Afterwards, Lilie, Mao and Māmane meet a group of Alola Sand in the middle of training. It appears they are fighting to protect a place that means a lot to them from a Bangiras. Lilie challenges the Bangiras to a battle for the Alola Sand's sake. Will she be able to win?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Megumi Hayashibara: Mokuroh
Mika Kanai: Togedemaru
Rikako Aikawa: Ashimari
Chika Fujimura: Amamaiko
Chinami Nishimura: Nyaheat
Kenta Miyake: Bakugames
Yuji Ueda: Alola Sand
Keiichi Nakagawa: Lugarugan
Toru Sakurai: Bangiras
Unsho Ishizuka: Narratio
No Kukui and another episode without TR...

If they are on the way back from the Observatory, how come there is no Kukui in this episode? When I take my class on school trips, I’m usually expected to make sure they get home.

It’s even worse for Ash because Kukui isn’t just his teacher but his guardian...

another episode without TR...

At least its not as bad as BW where the worst parts of the saga happened when they weren't around *shudder*

And heck, they're doing so good this saga they deserve a break every now and then. Quality appearances over quantity! :D

At least its not as bad as BW where the worst parts of the saga happened when they weren't around *shudder*

And heck, they're doing so good this saga they deserve a break every now and then. Quality appearances over quantity! :D

One of the best parts of BW was team rocket's long absences, even if we had to put up with other terrible characters, Cameron for example.

No doubt Bewear is preventing them from leaving as punishment

If they are on the way back from the Observatory, how come there is no Kukui in this episode? When I take my class on school trips, I’m usually expected to make sure they get home.

It’s even worse for Ash because Kukui isn’t just his teacher but his guardian...

Kukui shares a VA with Ash's Lycanroc

Though Kukui previously took priority over Lycanroc in the VA list since we didn't know its VA until it appeared in an episode that Kukui wasn't in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom