• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Least favorite Pokemon of each type?

Mine are based strictly on the primary type since that is what I consider the actual type of a Pokemon. I also excluded legendary Pokemon since those are a separate category in my perspective.

Normal: Exploud - Hideous and I don't much like the concept. I know they 'had' to make a Pokemon based on loudness at one point and I wish they hadn't squandered the concept.....maybe they should try again since there are other concepts with more than one Pokemon for them.

Fighting: Throh - It's just a boring fat humanoid.

Flying: Minior - A nearly faceless meteor candy. If the point was to create something minimalistic then they did....but they messed it up.

Poison: Dragalge - Don't like the design and they could have done a much better Pokemon based on such an interesting animal.

Ground: Stunfisk - I find it disgusting because to me it looks like a t**d or like a dirty diaper lol.

Rock: Armaldo - Big hideous bug/crustacean thing.

Bug: Spewpa - An odd looking lint.

Ghost: Yamask - Don't like the shape and they could have done a much better job in terms of a Pokemon based on a ghost mask.

Steel: Klink line - I won't even bother to say why.

Fire: Turtonator - Ugly and weird. My least favorite Pokemon ever.

Water: Bruxish - Wtf. An ugly vicious femme fetale fish that looks like it's a brightly colored plastic toy.

Grass: Exeggutor - One of my least favorite Pokemon ever. Ugly multi-headed (my design pet peeve) tree thing. At least its Alolan form is funny.

Eelectric: Plusle and Minun - Badly proportioned and too cutetsy cute.

Psychic: Hypno - Creepy and ugly.

Ice: Vanilluxe - Double headed and stupid.

Dragon: Kommo-o - The design is too busy and over the top.

Dark: Scrafty - Ugly and weird.

Fairy: Slurpuff - Silly design.

Last edited:
Normal: Chansey/Blissey - Always found their designs to be ugly.
Grass: Meganium/Mega Sceptile/Sunflora - tied
Fire: Mega Charizard X - My least favourite mega.
Water: Azumarill
Electric: Togedemaru - I also strongly dislike Voltorb and Electrode
Flying: Dragonite
Poison: Roserade probably. I like most poison types, but this one is very 'meh' to me.
Psychic: Mr.Mime
Dark: Umbreon
Fighting: Mega Mewtwo X/Marshadow - tied. Hate both of their designs.
Ghost: Aegislash
Fairy: Ribombee
Dragon: Goodra
Steel: Magearna
Ground: Marshtomp. I love Mudkip and epsecially Swampert, but Marshtomp has always been one of my most disliked pokemon due to its design and bad memories tied to it.
Rock: Diancie
Ice: Glalie
Bug: Vivillon

Normal: Miltank. You can thank Whitney for that.
Grass: Ludicolo
Fire: Emboar (Third Fire/Fighting starter in a row. Really GF?)
Water: luvdisc
Electric: pichu (the fact that Gorochu was scarapped and we got this useless little shit instead makes me hate it even more).
Bug: Male Combee
Ground: diglett
Rock: Graveller (why do these things love exploding whenever I try to catch them?)
Steel: Staktakka (Would’ve liked it better if it were Rock/Ghost)
Ice: smoochum
Flying: Golbat (Crobat is the only reason I put up with this thing)
Poison: Male salandit
Fairy: Jigglypuff
Dragon: Drudiggon
Dark: Alolan Persian (How did GF drop the ball with this things design?)
Fighting: Throh
Ghost: Blacephelon
Psychic: Abra

I thought I had replied, guess I never did - I looked at all 4 pages too

• Bug - almost all of them, if I had to pick it would - Beautifly, don't get what the beauty of it is, did have an annoying voice in anime
  • Dark - hard for me to pick since its one of my favorite types, would go with Pawniard and Bisharp, mainly since I hate Pokemon based on 'human'
  • Dragon - Drampa, for me has to be one of the worst looking of the dragons, then again many of this type I don't like
  • Electric - Elekid, along with a few other 'baby Pokemon' (exception of Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Azurill) I really hate their design and ideas, Elekid is the main hated of mine for this type, they look so ugly
  • Fairy - hard to pick one since its a type where I love so many, go with Togepi (and its two evolutions), to me I don't see anything 'fairy' about them, if the three where not this type it would have been 100% perfection, I really hated Togepi since I first saw and that annoying constant crying and voice in the anime really made me hate it a lot more (also forgot about Magearna)
  • Fighting - a couple here tied first (Machop, Machoke, Machamp, Sawk, Throh, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Hitmontop, Tyrogue, Timburr, Gurrdurr, Conkeldurr, Meditite, Medicham, Gallade, Makuhita) as so many look too 'human' for my liking, will give the worst looking design and my most hated of this type to Hariyama
  • Fire - Blaziken, that design so ugly!! I can't stand it, having to battle it a lot in online battles made it worst
  • Flying - recently starting to love birds and giving flying types more chances, learning to love many... Tropius gets my vote for the worst looking in the type, even if its not a bird
  • Ghost - Decidueye, yep another starter, really hate the design it has, and I gave it a try before it didn't work out for me
  • Grass - Ludicolo! it looks terrible, would have been a fun idea (I'm part Mexican) design I couldn't stand
  • Ground - Claydol, its part psychic, looking at the ground types, for me has the worst looking design of all, a strange looking 'pottery' with so many eyes
  • Ice - Glalie, looks so strange for me, just a big icy rock with a face
  • Normal - Slaking, to me ruined the good look that Donkey Kong had, Slaking looks like an overstuffed one
  • Poison - Seviper... I hates it!! I'm loyal to cyooter Zangoose
  • Psychic - Spoink and Grumpig... wasn't as cute looking as Tepig line (by design not type.... and species, Tepig are cyooter looking pig-Pokemon than Spoink line)
  • Rock - there are 4 that are equally ugly for me... Solrock, Lunatone, Nosepass, Probopass, will take me years to even like
  • Steel - Magearna, should remove the fairy typing for it, shouldn't ruin a cute type, and it looks too 'human' like for me
  • Water - Walrein, I'm not a fan of walruses at all, they are one of the most hideous creatures out there
12 out of 18 are from 3rd gen... that was the generation that had most Pokemon i hated

Here they are, I hate most of these with a passion:
avoritos2.png

My only stipulation here is that I won’t do ties, even for two members of the same evolution tree who look very similar. I will justify which one I pick.

Normal: Stoutland - So we made a Pokémon that’s literally just a schnauzer dog, how do we design its evolution? “Oh, just made the dog fluffier.” Brilliant.

Fire: Heatran - What is this thing supposed to be? Even the trivia section on its Bulbapedia page seems confused. Is it just a glob of lava with legs? And why is it legendary?! This is a prime example of a Pokémon that’s legendary just for the sake of it.

Fighting: Throh - I made the no-ties rule at the beginning because of a couple of Electric types that I instantly thought of before making this list, but it’s really biting me in the butt here. Throh and Sawk both suck, but I decided I like Sawk more because his name is funny and blue is my favorite color.

Water: Seel - It’s a seal, what do we name it? “Seal.” Seal? Like, just... “seal”? The name of the animal? “Did I stutter? S-E-E-L, seal.” At the very least, Dewgong is based on a cooler animal and it’s Ice-type.

Flying: Spearow - It’s an ugly nondescript brown bird thing. At least the Pokémon it’s a lazy retread of, Pidgey, is a cute nondescript brown bird thing.

Grass: Gloom - I’m sure just about everybody here can agree that whenever I have a Gloom, I just want to quickly turn it into a Bellossom (fight me if you like Vileplume more).

Poison: Nidorina - The ultimate nondescript, boring, bland, nothing of a Pokémon. At least the Nidorans are cute and the concept of gender before Gen II was creative, and Nidoqueen and Nidoking are both cool-looking and have the Ground type. Nidorina and Nidorino are just the awkward teenage years of these evolution trees, neither cute nor cool, just ugly. I chose Nidorina here because her color makes me think of something I’d look at before seeing a doctor, and Nidorino’s eyes are fierce-looking and memorable.

Electric: Electrode - This and Voltorb are two of my all-time least favorite Pokémon. Now you see why I wanted to make the no-ties rule, so I couldn’t take the easy route here. Now Voltorb is stupid because it’s just a Pokéball with eyes (who also served as Pokémon’s justification for pulling one of the lamest JRPG tricks: fake chests), but at the very least I could say that animals in real life have adapted to look like inanimate objects and so Voltorb might be realistic. Electrode, however, has no excuse. How do we evolve a Pokémon who’s just a Pokéball? “Flip the Pokéball upside down.” Amazing.

Ground: Rhyperior - I despise the vast majority of the new evolutions and babies that Gen IV added, and Rhyperior is the worst of them all. Rhydon was the first Pokémon ever designed, and it looks cool. “We can make that better.” How so? “Make it fat and ugly. That way you know he doesn’t give a flip what you think.” Awesome.

Psychic: Mr. Mime - My all-time least favorite Pokémon. I don’t like Pokémon that look like humans without any other animal twist, and Mr. Mime is the top of the mountain when it comes to that. It has the word “mister” in the name, how stupid is that?! It’s ugly, it’s bad, it’s unnecessary, its name bothers me, I wish it never existed. Moving on.

Rock: Rhyperior - They really knocked it out of the park with this one, huh?

Ice: Glalie - How do we make an evolution for Snorunt, a Pokémon that’s goofy-looking in an endearing way? “Make it ugly as sin.” Good idea. I’m so glad Frosslass was introduced later.

Bug: Accelgor - I don’t have much to say here honestly, it’s just ugly. Why is it a bug, and why does it float in the air? Blegh. If their goal was to finally make a Bug-type Pokémon as hideous as most real bugs, they did it.

Dragon: Druddigon - There’s like a trillion ugly, nondescript, unnecessary Dragon-type legendaries that I would love to pick on, but we also have this thing. I said a lot of Dragon-type legendaries are ugly, but at least they’re ugly in the busy, overdesigned kind of way. Druddigon just looks like a five-year-old’s drawing of a dragon which was then crumpled up and thrown in the trash.

Ghost: Misdreavus - Okay, we’re only going to introduce one Ghost-type in Gen II, we have to make it count, any ideas? “Make it gross-looking.” Neat.

Dark: Darkrai - I think Gen IV is where legendaries started getting really silly, oversaturated, and nondescript-looking, and Darkrai is a great example of it. Like Heatran and Glalie, the Bulbapedia page seems confused as to what it might be. As a kid I thought it looked like a bunch of scraps of cloth on the floor of a craft store. It’s just lame.

Steel: Klang - oh man, between Klink, Klang, and Klinklang, this is the finest splitting of hairs I’ll have done in making this list with no ties. It’s the most boring evolution chain in Pokémon history, they’re all ugly, they’re all boring and uninspired, their names all make me feel like I’m choking on something when I say them, how do I pick a favorite of the bunch? I decided to go with Klang, because Klink is at least so simple that you can see the potential for a neat evolution tree, and Klinklang is a complete waste of that potential, but Klang is where you realize that the evolution tree is going this way, so you can check out before Klinklang really disappoints you. Klang ruined it. Its name is also not memorably stupid like Klink or Klinklang, it’s just unpleasant.

Fairy: I was looking through the Bulbapedia page to refresh my memory, and I totally forgot the Mr. Mime is a Fairy-type now. On the one hand I’m glad I can put him here and finish this list, on the other hand I’ve been set back on my mission to erase all traces of Mr. Mime from my mind.

There you go. This was fun, but can someone point me in the direction of a “Favorite Pokémon of Each Type” thread so I can wash all this negative energy off of me?

Normal: Stantler - it's just a hideous design
Fighting: Lucario - my least favorite pokemon of all time, it looks awful and I associate it with this one douche who considered it his favorite pokemon
Flying: Dragonite - absolutely ruins beautiful dragonair with its fat, ugly design
Poison: Gengar - a fat, boring ghost that hogs all the fans, despite the fact that basically every other ghost-type is more deserving of love
Ground: Garchomp - a sand hammerhead is a cool idea in theory, but it just falls flat in this cluttered mess of a design. Mudsdale and alolan dugtrio were other contenders for this position.
Rock: Terrakion - this thing is just so damn ugly. I don't like any of the musketeers.
Bug: Scyther - mantises have really cool faces, but this pokemon's face looks more like a dinosaur's than a mantis. Thank god we got lurantis in gen VII, which is actually a cool mantis pokemon. Mega heracross was another contender for this position.
Ghost: Giratina-altered - I don't mind giratina-origin, but giratina-altered is just a bulky overdesigned mess.
Steel: Klinklang - possibly the most uninspired pokemon in existence. It's literally just gears with stupid faces, nothing to see here, folks.
Fire: Charizard - Charizard is super overrated, it's just a bad looking pokemon - dumb face, bad color scheme, it's fat, I could go on. Its megas succeed in at least looking somewhat tolerable. Blaziken was another contender for this position.
Water: Lanturn - it ruins any unique charm chinchou had by turning it into a generic, cutesy fish that for some reason resembles a dolphin. Keldeo and empoleon were other contenders for this position.
Grass: Simisage - not a fan of any of the elemental monkeys besides simisear to a tiny, tiny degree. It just looks really bad
Electric: Dedenne - pikaclones, for the most part, aren't a group I'm a fan of, and dedenne is the worst of them not only because it's just a fatter, smaller raichu, but also because it's a fairy-type for literally no reason. Pikachu, zeraora and jolteon were other contenders for this position.
Psychic: Mewtwo - it's just a very ugly pokemon, they totally could have made it look creepy without making it hideous to look at. Alakazam and mr. mime were other contenders for this position.
Ice: Jynx - a pokemon that many other people hate too, I think this one speaks for itself
Dragon: Goodra - It takes the adorable and quirky charm that goomy and sliggoo had and turns it into what's basically dragonite covered in various bodily fluids. Palkia, dialga, zekrom, and salamence were other contenders for this position.
Dark: Houndoom - It's not really houndoom's design that bugs me, it's just been on my least favorites list for a long time due to me associating it with somebody I used to dislike. It's hard to explain. Darkrai and zoroark were other contenders for this position.
Fairy: Florges - another ugly pokemon that totally ruined what its previous evolutions had going

Last edited:
Normal: Purugly
Grass: Lurantis
Fire: Incineroar and Magmortar (both are horrendous abominations and thus both had to be mentioned)
Water: Bruxish
Electric: Plusle/Minun
Flying: Tornadus
Poison: Mareanie/Toxapex
Psychic: Hoopa
Dark: Guzzlord
Fighting: Crabominable
Ghost: I've got nothing
Fairy: Slurpuff
Dragon: Garchomp
Steel: Celesteela
Ground: Landorus
Rock: Barbaracle
Ice: Glalie
Bug: Buzzwole

Normal: Chansey. Dear Arceus is this thing annoying. There are so many other contenders for this one, though: Watchog, Stantler, Lickilicky, Ambipom, Blissey, etc.
Fighting: Crabominable. Way too slow and not the most appealing design.
Flying: Beautifly. Not only horrible in battle and a total ripoff of Butterfree, but its name also lies.
Poison: Toxapex. You thought Chansey was bad?
Ground: Stunfisk for its awful design and not being nearly good enough in battle to make up for it.
Rock: Corsola for being absolutely useless in battle and having a very bland design.
Bug: Wurmple, for being boring, having a dumb evolution gimmick, and its evolutions all being useless.
Ghost: Mega Sableye. Notice a theme with some of the Pokémon I have on this list?
Steel: Stakataka. Just no.
Fire: Simisear. All of the elemental monkeys are bad, but this one looks extra stupid.
Water: Alolomola. Looks stupid, is a wall, etc.
Grass: Amoongus. Annoying cry, annoying ability, annoying statuses.
Electric: Stunfisk. You know what, this one is so awful that it can have the slots of both of its types.
Psychic: Normally I'd say Gothitelle due to Shadow Tag, but given that it's been banned from OU for a while my feelings towards it have begun to wane. So Mr. Mime can take this one instead for having a very creepy design (and not in a good way like with Giratina).
Ice: Jynx. Not too many other options for this one
Dragon: Goodra. What is this Barney knockoff even doing in Pokémon.
Dark: Mandibuzz since I'm not a fan of walls and a vulture Pokémon could have been a lot cooler than this.
Fairy: Azumarill. Don't like the design, and I'm not even sure why they gave it this typing (besides "cute"). Klefki merits mention too.

I love most of the others, though.

Normal: Regigigas, looks ugly compared to the other three titan 'Mon's, I also really hate the name since I keep misspelling/pronouncing it. Runner-ups are Munchlax and Happiny.
Fire: Charizard, it's just very overrated and I hate it even more since I know two people IRL that keep bugging me about why I don't like their favorite 'Mon. Runner-ups are Infernape and Simisear.
Fighting: Marshadow, never really liked the design too much.
Water: Greninja, another overrated 'Mon. Runner-up is Simipour (it's slightly better looking than it's other two companions, but not much regardless).
Flying: Mantyke, doesn't need to exist. That's my opinion on it.
Grass: Simisage, never liked those elemental monkeys and like I mentioned before Simipour is only slightly better looking, but not by much.
Poison: Zubat, I like it's other two evos though, but Zubat itself is just annoying.
Electric: Pikachu, overrated rat. Raichu is way better imo. The Pikaclones and Pichu also fall under my most hated electric types.
Ground: Krokorok, it's just meh to me. I like Sandile and Krookodile just fine though.
Psychic: Mewtwo, once again another overrated 'Mon. Always liked Mew better anyway (though it can be seen just as overrated as well, but it's way cuter at least). Mr. Mime and Mime Jr. are two other psychic 'Mon's I really dislike.
Rock: Binacle and Barbaracle, I don't like barnacles at all. Runner-up is Bonsly.
Ice: Smoochum, it's just ugly and Jynx is only slightly better though not by much.
Bug: Durant, it's just forgettable to me. Runner-ups are Kakuna and Metapod simply cause they are just boring looking to me (though their pre-evos and evos I do like).
Dragon: Shelgon, it's so very meh.
Ghost: Honedge, it's just not as cool as it's other two evos.
Dark: Guzzlord, I just find it ugly.
Steel: Stakataka, like the above user: just no.
Fairy: Togepi and Cleffa, annoying sounding and looking imo.

Normal: Regigigas. never really cared for it.
Fighting: Crabrawler. another evo I've never really cared for. That and it's kinda ugly.
Flying: Unfezant. I was actually super surprised when this was revealed. After Staraptor, I expected something better only to be immensely let down.
Water: Bruxish/Gastrodon. A tie between the two really. Although if I had to pick one, it'd probably be Bruxish.
Ground: Palpitoad/Seismitoad make me incredibly nervous.
Ice: Avalugg. It's not that I dislike it per se, I just don't care for it much like Crabrawler and Regigigas.
Psychic: Hypno. It's massively creepy and I actually don't like its design.
Dark: Guzzlord. It's entire existence bothers me.
Fairy: Granbull. eh.
Steel: Stakataka. It.... looks boring to me, honestly.
Electric: The entire Alolan Geodude line. Sorry, couldn't stick with just one, here.
Fire: Emboar. Sorry Emboar fans, but.... not a fan of its design, here. .__.
Dragon: Base Kyurem is just really boring to look at.
Bug: Wormadam. eh
Rock: Rampardos. don't like its design.
Poison: Skuntank. don't care for it.
Ghost: Spiritomb. don't care for it.
Grass: Grotle's appearane makes me uncomfortable.

Normal: Kangaskhan. It looks absolutely nothing like an actual kangaroo and it's violent personality is really off-putting.
Grass: Meganium. It just looks "meh".
Fire: Volcarona. The Bug type just doesn't mix with the Fire type, and it just looks ugly.
Water: Seaking. Nothing but a dex filler, and it also just looks ugly.
Ice: Jynx. It's design just looks boring.
Electric: I don't acually dislike any Electric types.
Bug: Volbeat. Hate it. Do I need to explain why?
Flying: Mandibuzz. It's colour scheme looks awful, and it's design is unappealing anyway.
Dark: Mandibuzz as well.
Psychic: Cresselia's design just looks boring. Same with Necrozma. And Musharna.
Fighting: Pheromosa. It's defensive stats are ridiculously low and it just looks ugly. Mega Lopunny also disappoints me, as it just drops all the cuteness that it's normal form has.
Fairy: Florges. It just looks hideous. Same with Aromatisse.
Ghost: Like with the Electric type, I dont actually dislike any Ghost types.
Dragon: Goodra just looks ugly.
Poison: Both of the Nidoran lines. They just look so boring, and I keep forgetting they exist as a result.
Ground: There's just something about Donphan that makes it look boring.
Rock: Relicanth. It just looks ridiculous.
Steel: Celesteela. I can't even tell what it's supposed to be based on, and it just looks ugl.

Oh boy! This will be easier than picking a favorite!
...This should be easier than picking a favorite.

Normal: Slaking. Its one of, if not the only pokemon I would make sure my pokemon never become. Its ability sucksssss. Its face gives me uncomforable spine cringes. And it's picking its nose in its gen IV sprites. Oh god I hate that so much. It's like if my Uncle were slightly more gross and also a gorilla pretending it fits into a sloth line. ...Honestly I feel like it wasn't actually made to be a third evolution but more of a stand-alone pokemon and someone was like "Hey it looks like this sloth that evolves to be less lazy. Let's make this sloth become less lazy and then turn it into a lazy ape after that!" and no one was around to tell them that sounds stupid.
Fighting: Hitmontop, I guess? I'm sure he's based on some kind of martial art to go along with Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan's kicking and punching. And I've never managed to evolve a Tyrogue into one. But I love its 3D animation in the 3DS games, so I can't actually say I hate this guy.
Flying: Tornadus. Already on thin ice for being part of the copy>paste>recolor Kami Trio before they got animal forms (which should have just been their forms in general since they're actually interesting) but this one. This one is our only pure flying type pokemon. Why. Why is this typing something THIS THING has so far been the only creature worthy of. I don't like you, Tornadus.
Poison: I can't pick one. I love Poison type pokemon too much. There's not a single one I can say I dislike.
Ground: Oh hey look its Landorus. Join your brother up here on the hate pedestal, son.
Rock: Rhyperior you didn't make the cut for Ground since Landorus exists, so you get to be the rock type. You get up there too. You KNOW why. Look at yourself. What did you DO there?? What happened?! What? No I'm not helping you up there! You get up there on your own.
Bug: I can't pick one here either. I love my bug babies. I love them so much.
Ghost: Rotom. If you existed solely as Rotom, you'd be fine. But no, you have to possess appliances and count as multiple different forms. And then you possessed my pokedex and started giving me advice I didn't ask for, knew already, heard you say before, and actively did not want to here. Kukui's gonna find you in a box on his doorstep with "DO NOT RETURN TO SENDER" written all over it and I'm moving away to PokeEurope. There WILL be restraining order papers filed and you will be forbidden from coming near me.
Steel: Meltan and Melmetal. I'm not choosing between them. I actively dislike them both. It's a mythical pokemon despite being just as multiple as any common pokemon because you need 400 candies from the damn things to evolve just one of them. Melmetal isn't even a cool ancient steel golem pokemon. We already HAVE one of those and its name is Registeel. And that one doesn't look like a puddle of liquid metal spilled into someone's junk drawer and got stuck to everything metallic inside it. You are not an ancient pokemon. You're another pokemon that came about as a side effect of human doings. Like Voltorb. And probably Magnemite. In fact, if you told me Meltan was a pokemon that first came about more recently but eventually became the pokemon we know as Magnemite today I'd not only believe you, but I'd probably like it a lot more. Especially if people were shocked to find this creature and it was only found because they were tearing down an old defunct power plant in Kanto and behold some of them managed to not absorb enough magnetic energy to become magnemite and just hung out in the basement of the old building for decades.
Fire: Yeah I love fire types too much to be able to pick one I dislike. I even love Magmortar. I'm just gonna say Rotom again since one of its dumb forms is a fire type.
Water: Well bless my heart, look here! It's Rotom again!
Grass: I bet you thought I was gonna say Rotom again. Nope, Tangrowth exists. It's just a Tangela that hid in a cave for a few hundred years and hasn't been pruned so its vines got a little out of control.
Electric: Who has over 10 visibly different variants (most of which leave you stuck with it at this evolutionary stage), MORE THAN ONE z-crystal, its very own special held item to boost its stats, and more event exclusive moves than any other pokemon? Who has other stages and clones that are never given the attention the properly deserve because THIS thing exists? That's right! ITS PIKACHU.
Psychic: I got nothin' move along.
Ice: Guess what? Rotom's got an ice form too. :p
Dragon: What's that behind the curtain? Why, it's every form of Zygarde that isn't the cool snake form!
Dark: This is my favorite type do you think I could really- wait I just remember the tongue scarf ninja is also part dark type. Greninja. Special mention goes to Ash-Greninja seeping its way into the game universe. You would have been so cool if you had a bubble scarf. And didn't become Ash's super special awesome unique pokeyman.
Fairy: I don't hate fairies. I can't hate fairies. I love all fairies. Even Mr. Mime.

Hmm this might take a while but...

Normal: I used to think Lopunny was really annoying, but I don't mind it as much anymore. Guess I'll go with Diggersby, rabbits are really hit or miss for me

Fire: Idk none of them are that bad, but Ponytail/Rapidash are pretty boring

Fighting: Was never a fan of Medicham, it's not that bad though

Water: Floatzel has an annoying facial expression

Flying: Oricorio-electric

Grass: Don't really dislike any. I guess Simisage is kinda annoying

Poison: Skuntank. I guess it was probably destined to be unlikeable, and they did a good job

Electric: Oricorio again

Ground: Diggersby again

Psychic: Smoochum

Rock: Barbaracle I guess but it's not that bad

Ice: Smoochum

Bug: Don't really dislike any

Dragon: Zygarde-10%

Ghost: I like them all well enough

Dark: Skuntank

Steel: None are too bad

Fairy: Cant really say

Normal: Watchog - It just looks like an ugly reject from a Saturday morning cartoon.
Fighting: Conkeldurr - The red bits make it look veiny and ew.
Flying: Tornadus - I cannot STAND that trio.
Poison: I actually like all of these! If I had to pick one, though, it'd be something I find forgettable like Mareanie.
Ground: Landorus - Same reason as Flying.
Rock: Boldore - It's just forgettable to me.
Bug: Accelgore - I just think it's ugly.
Ghost: Dhelmise - It doesn't look close enough to living for me to have some kind of empathetic bond with it.
Steel: Beldum - Compared to the other members of the evolutionary chain, it's boring.
Fire: Volcanion - I don't even know where to start with that design.
Water: Basculin - Just your average, smelly fish.
Grass: Rowlet - Sue me, I hate it.
Electric: Thundurus - Take a wild guess as to why!
Psychic: Elgyem - Boring and forgettable. Not even the funny potential like there is with BEEHEEYEEEEMMM.
Ice: Jynx - Self-explanatory.
Dragon: Shelgon - It's a grey sphere.
Dark: Alolan Raticate - I love Dark types, so I had to dig deep while thinking about this. I came to the conclusion that Raticate is just ugly.
Fairy: Spritzee - This Pokemon would have bullied me at school.

Normal: A tie between Eevee and Lopunny. They are hideous.
Grass: Lurantis. It's a mediocre Pokemon all around.
Fire: Torracat. I love Litten and Incinerorar but this one looks utterly dumb.
Water: Primarina. An utter monstruosity. Least favorite fully evolved starter by far and it also has the dumbest gender ratio of all time.
Electric: All of the Pikaclones, especially Dedenne, Togedemaru, Plusle and Minun.
Flying: Archeops. It's hideous.
Poison: Zubat. Enough said.
Psychic: Hypno. It's ugly.
Dark: Purrloin. One of the most unoriginal, ugly and boring Pokemon of all time.
Fighting: Hitmonlee. It's dumb.
Ghost: Trevenant. Phantump was so cute and then it becomes this ugly and dull Sudowoodo ripoff.
Fairy: Aromatisse line and Slurpuff line. Ugh.
Dragon: Goomy. It's dumb and ugly.
Steel: Bisharp line. It doesn't even look like a Pokemon.
Ground: Golurk line. same reason of Bisharp.
Rock: Barbaracle line. It's a monstruosity.
Ice: Glalie. Terrible stats and even dumber Mega. I also strongly dislike Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales for their ugly faces.
Bug: Dewpider. Ugh.

1594677103526.png
I feel like I've made a list like this before...

Anyways, it was a lot harder to make this than I thought. I debated for it about whether or not I should include Megas and Gmax forms, but I did. I find a decent amount of them ugly and/or over-designed, so it's unsurprising that six of the listed Pokemon are burst forms. If those gimmicks never existed, then Gmax Flapple/Appletun would be replaced by Shiftry, Gmax Inteleon by regular Inteleon, Mega Heracross by Kricketune, Gmax Gengar by female Jellicent, Gmax Copperajah by Galarian Meowth, and Mega Rayquaza by Alolan Exeggutor.

Normal: Lopunny/Arceus/Eevee
Fighting: Lucario/Urshifu
Flying: Dragonite
Poison: Toxel
Ground: Mudsdale
Rock: Terrakion/Lycanroc-Midday
Bug: Armaldo
Ghost: Gengar
Steel: Cobalion
Fire: Charizard
Water: Ash-Greninja/Lanturn/Urshifu again
Grass: Shaymin-Sky
Electric: Zeraora/Pikachu
Psychic: Mewtwo
Ice: Glaceon
Dragon: Garchomp
Dark: Thievul
Fairy: Grimmsnarl

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom