• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Should a anime series be made on pokemon adventures manga

Rudrarocks

gardevoirfan
Reaction score
The pokemon adventures manga is amazing. What do u guys think. Should an anime series be made on it

All the volumes are so interesting. I think an anime based on the manga would be an instant hit

In my opinion, no. I think that the anime is the anime and the manga is the manga. Whilst, the manga is amazing, it should be kept there. It just wouldn't make sense translating that to the anime because Ash has to stay the lead and I don't think many fans would enjoy them taking some characters from this and putting them there. It would be too messy and I wouldn't appreciate it.

The argument could be that they should have it as another set of series by itself however that would detract away from the proper anime and I don't think they would like that - it means extra work and also thinking of twice the amount of plot lines and filler episodes. Also, I don't think hardcore anime fans would appreciate it either.

No.

Absolutely not. Let Pokemon Adventure stick to being manga.

No do to the fact they have to start back in gen 1 of the manga and what reason would they have to do that. And I like Ash as the MC way more than Red.

But theres no denying the fact that if (0.0001% percent)an anime is made on it it would be great. Even a single season woulld do.

I think it could be something that could be done, though I suspect that, like Jojo as probably the best comparison, the earlier seasons would probably get condensed.

For example The RBG and Yellow arcs sharing 26 or so episodes, while the GSC arc would be 26 episodes.

Pokémon Special's philosophy of focusing on evil teams over competition is not something I'm a fan of ergo I would rather have almost anything Pokémon animation wise over an adaptation of Adventures.

I wouldn't be against it because I know some people would enjoy this, but I also wouldn't watch it. I'm one of those guys who doesn't like the rampant Adaptional Villainy from Adventure's earlier days. Four Gym Leaders (Lt. Surge, Koga, Sabrina, Pryce) and six E4 members (Lorelei, debatably Bruno, Agatha, Lance, Will, Karen) warped into openly antagonistic roles within the first three chapters always felt a bit excessive to me.

Maybe I'd take a peek if this adaption reaches the RS chapter. Maybe.

Pokémon is a video-game franchise that is constantly producing more and more video games for newer generations first and foremost. Thus, it is within the company's interest to make tie-in medias such as anime and manga to correlate with the games in order to increase the chances of kids and adults buying everything. Pokémon Adventures started in the early days of Pokémon along with the anime. It is difficult to do an anime in the present without starting from the beginning (already a no-go given how much is needed to catch up).

And standards of 1997 have changed considerably. Retcons and appeal to an international audience must be considered. Stuff like Arbok being sliced in half or Blue hiding her Poke Balls in her chest would not fly these days for the same reason that brutal violence and fan service was toned down in the anime once it hits western shores. They would have to be changed to accommodate international standards, and that would likely make a lot of Pokémon Special fans mad. Which defeats the whole purpose of making an anime adaptation.

Animating is an expensive and time-consuming procedure, even more so when you want to make a manga scene appear even more impressive. It takes five months to make an episode for the regular anime. Four months if they skipped the scripting process by directly adapting manga (if they are lucky since anime adaptations will tinker with the script to make the runtime work). Then comes the animating (filler sequences to pad out the time) and the voice acting (who would need to be paid). And for what? Animating a nostalgic manga that would either appeal a niche group of fans if left unaltered and faithful to the original story OR make several changes to the manga to better connect with new fans today at the cost of alienating the old ones? From a marketing standpoint, is better to not make this risk.

And considering the numerous manga adaptations of several other video games that never saw an anime adaptation (looking at Zelda, Mega Man and the numerous other Pokémon manga for example), I say no to a Pokémon Special anime. Unless it leads a crossover with the main anime, the Adventures series doesn't need an anime adaptation.

It seems mangas can get away with more violence than animes.
Same thing with american comic books and their TV/Movie Adaptions, the sad truth is that with media, the audience has to be considered first and unlike books or video games there are more censorship rules in place to help attract an audience. One example is sometimes the original material might be too sensitive for a certain type of audience which would only drive them away. Case in point, the Ancient One in the Doctor Strange film was changed to a woman to avoid a racial stereotype reference and William Stryker from the X-Men was changed in the films since he was a religious terrorist in the comics. Since Pokemon is a kids franchise, the violence in particular would not have been appropriate to fully adapt and would require some censorship such as with Naruto.

Besides the Pokemon anime is too well known and it would be hard to turn people over to the Pokemon Adventures story. There are some cases where reading the manga is more beneficial, since some anime adaptions get cancelled before the adaption of the manga is complete and it is better to read the manga to get the whole story. Two examples I know right off the bat are both Bleach and Rave Master.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom