• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Possible Continuations if Successful

What Third Games would YOU like to see as a Pokemon Let's Go Game

• Total voters
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
If Pokemon: Let's go Pikachu, and Pokemon: Let's Go Eevee Edition Sell Extremely Well; Would it be Possible for there to be Even MORE Remakes of Third Games(such as Pokemon Yellow) Possibly Split in two(Like Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee) to be made, in a Pokemon: Let's Go Series of Games?!?!?

Like Say;
Pokemon Crystal, aka Gen 2 Remakes/Reduxes/Remasters[Maybe Pokemon: Let's go Pichu & Let's Go Togepi; or Pokemon Let's Go Espeon & Let's Go Umbreon(Especially since THEY were the Starter Pokemon in Pokemon Colosseum)
Pokemon Emerald(COMPLETE With Battle Frontier, Unlike in ORAS)[Pokemon Let's go Minun & Let's Go Plusle]
Pokemon Platinum

Last edited:
Possibly unpopular opinion: I don't think there will be a continuation.

if LGO are successful... then that's just incentive for Creatures (and possibly Game Freak) to keep making spinoffs, but there's no real guarantee that the spin-offs they'll create will be any way tied to LGO.

Imagine how much money people would've wasted on the Pokeball plus only to find out that it wouldn't work with the subsequent series of LGO games. I imagine a lot of people wouldn't be happy. Of course, unless Game Freak/Creatures made the sequel to LGO compatible, but that's the only thing.

LGO Suicune sounds nice, but I'm starting to think it might just be another small, popular-ish Johto Pokemon if a sequel were to come to fruition.

Pokemon Emerald(COMPLETE With Battle Frontier, Unlike in ORAS)[Pokemon Let's go Minun & Let's Go Plusle]

You expect an ultra-casualized entry point version of Hoenn to feature the thing that was cut from the true-blue remakes because they didn’t think modern players enjoyed that kind of challenge anymore?

if LGO are successful... then that's just incentive for Creatures (and possibly Game Freak) to keep making spinoffs, but there's no real guarantee that the spin-offs they'll create will be any way tied to LGO.

Imagine how much money people would've wasted on the Pokeball plus only to find out that it wouldn't work with the subsequent series of LGO games. I imagine a lot of people wouldn't be happy. Of course, unless Game Freak/Creatures made the sequel to LGO compatible, but that's the only thing
What makes you think this? Go's massive success is what inspired LGPE in the first place, and if they too are successful... Why do something else? It is not as if other spin-off games have made much of a difference.

Anyway, I'm expecting LGPE sequels in 2020/2021 that will either be based on Crystal or Platinum. The former would flow more naturally from LGPE, but the latter would spare Game Freak from having to build a more realistic Sinnoh by 2021 in addition to LGPE sequels.

Possible mascots: Marill/Togepi for Johto and Munchlax/Riolu for Sinnoh.

They'd have to buff Marill, Togepi and Riolu even more than they did with Pikachu and Eevee.

Last edited:
I’ve seen a lot of suggestions for which Pokémon could be the mascots of LG games set in the other regions, and to me, they mostly all seem kind of awkward or forced, and lack the punch and the recognizability of Pikachu and Eevee. What if, in a further divergence from the main series patterns, they just kept Pikachu and Eevee as the mascots/Starters for each successive installment, and called the follow-up games “Let’s Go, Pikachu/Eevee! 2”, kind of like how Gold and Silver were originally “Pocket Monsters 2”?

Alternatively, they could do something like, “Let’s Go to Johto, Pikachu/Eevee!” to make it clear that the game would have a new setting. I think I’d actually prefer that instead of just affixing a “2.”

They could do that and it helps that Pikachu and Eevee are already (mostly) universal, but who's to say that most kids wouldn't get tired of that?

If Pokemon: Let's go Pikachu, and Pokemon: Let's Go Eevee Edition Sell Extremely Well; Would it be Possible for there to be Even MORE Remakes of Third Games(such as Pokemon Yellow) Possibly Split in two(Like Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee) to be made, in a Pokemon: Let's Go Series of Games?!?!?

Like Say;
Pokemon Crystal, aka Gen 2 Remakes/Reduxes/Remasters[Maybe Pokemon: Let's go Pichu & Let's Go Togepi; or Pokemon Let's Go Espeon & Let's Go Umbreon(Especially since THEY were the Starter Pokemon in Pokemon Colosseum)
Pokemon Platinum

I can see them doing sequels.
Not sure they would do an umberon and espeon without doing a raichu and gorochu (<--which this has to come about first) and I am sure that it would be a tied to the Orre Region than Johto.

For Gen 2, I'd like Let's Go! Shuckle and Let's Go! Dunspace, just to see how Game Freak and TPCI try to market those two. For Gen III, I think Plusle and Minun would be a good pick.

That I can totally see being a thing for gen 2 if they actually give Shuckle and Dunsparce evolution and they catch on well. And maybe the sequel would introduce evolution to the starters and evolution stones(not stones for shuckle and dunsparce but for other pokemon unless i missed something about stones already being included). However it is the casual players that would have to take a liking.
I could see a togepi and marril being the dudes.

I like Gen 3 Idea.

What makes you think this? Go's massive success is what inspired LGPE in the first place, and if they too are successful... Why do something else? It is not as if other spin-off games have made much of a difference.

It's true, the entire reason for LGO is largely (or entirely, really) in part thanks to Pokemon Go, but I'm honestly hesitant in saying that just because that's true somehow guarantees that we're going to see LGO Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, etc sequels. Doesn't that seem... rather excessive to you?

If there's an LGO sequel, I'd rather have Game Freak/Creatures incorporates all of the generations into one game instead of doing seperate installments each release. That'd be the smarter move, imo. Use LGO Pikachu/Eevee to test the waters and then release a sequel with that accomodates every generation if LGO Pikachu/Eevee does well.

But to be clear: What I meant before is that if LGO is successful, Creatures/Game Freak can choose to interpret that as a greenlight to a sequel, or a greenlight to release more spinoffs in general. Of course we're not mind-readers or Game Freak employees, but I'm saying the latter possibility still exists.

If LGPE do really well, the smartest move is not to incorporate all the generations into one game and call it a day. How would that even work? I am not saying that they're going to give every region the Let's Go treatment, but they could start with another one and see how well it does.

As for more spin-offs, I assume you mean ones developed by Game Freak and can be passed off as part of the main series. If so, I don't really have any idea in that direction. It would need a definitive selling point like Go catching to set itself apart from the traditional games. Maybe an MMO isn't something they're adverse to anymore?

If LGPE do really well, the smartest move is not to incorporate all the generations into one game and call it a day. How would that even work? I am not saying that they're going to give every region the Let's Go treatment, but they could start with another one and see how well it does.

As for more spin-offs, I assume you mean ones developed by Game Freak and can be passed off as part of the main series. If so, I don't really have any idea in that direction. It would need a definitive selling point like Go catching to set itself apart from the traditional games. Maybe an MMO isn't something they're adverse to anymore?

Let me ask you a similar question you're asking me: what's the point of developing a sequel "just to see how it does" when LGO Pikachu/Eevee sales should be indicative of how the fanbase feels about either or both games? That doesn't make sense to me, either. Either you give every single region the LGO treatment, or you (somehow, not like I claim how I know that's going to work) release a game that's a spiritual successor to LGO that's more compatible with all generations.

As far an MMO... I'm not entirely sure. Keep in mind that MMOs are going to need constant updates, and patches and new features just to keep the fanbase interested and engaged. That's a very large scale project for a smallish gaming studio like Game Freak, unless TPC wants to take on the project or something (which is also unlikely to me, as well).

but who's to say that most kids wouldn't get tired of that?

That’s a possibility, although at the same time, I think Pikachu in particular is such an iconic, timeless character that it has the capacity to work no matter how often you apply it. I mean, isn’t that kind of what they do already when it comes to most merchandise outside of the main series games? Pikachu’s image has been selling stuff for two decades now, and even though some fans on the Internet may be weary of its exposure, I have to figure that it still resonates well with the general public.

Come to think of it, isn’t Pokémon kind of unusual in that it doesn’t constantly spam its own mascot character all over its core product? Link, Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Kirby, etc. all rely primarily on those iconic characters’ images, instead of just replacing them over and over again with the same basic thing in a new skin.

I have no problem with the idea of Pikachu and Eevee being mainstays, personally. It wouldn't be cheap to promote other Pokemon as much as those two.

colours said:
Let me ask you a similar question you're asking me: what's the point of developing a sequel "just to see how it does" when LGO Pikachu/Eevee sales should be indicative of how the fanbase feels about either or both games? That doesn't make sense to me, either. Either you give every single region the LGO treatment, or you (somehow, not like I claim how I know that's going to work) release a game that's a spiritual successor to LGO that's more compatible with all generations.
Okay, that was bad phrasing on my part. What I mean is that they can keep releasing Let's Go entries and stop at any point if their sales dwindle, rather than arbitrarily dropping the concept as a good chunk of us would prefer.

By "compatible with all generations" do you mean that it would include all regions or just the Pokemon? Both sound like something that would only work well with DLC. Don't forget that the (alleged) reason they reverted to just the original 151 Pokemon is that they wanted to build a learning curve that has been absent from the traditional games for a while now.

I mean just the Pokemon, not including all regions (that would be a lot harder, I would think)), sorry if that was confusing.

I suppose my other main concern is what mascots from other generations would even be as memorable to use. I don't really keep up with Pokemon merchandise sales so I'm a bit lost here on how subsequent LGO games would work. u.u

Well, as Esserise said they could just reuse Pikachu and Eevee, giving them new accessories and boosts. The Pokemon I suggested (Togepi/Marill and Munchlax/Riolu) were marketable back in the day, but they would need a big push to recreate that and come close to Eevee.

Personally speaking, I don't even like most legendary mascots. They certainly aren't toy-selling machines.

Well, as Esserise said they could just reuse Pikachu and Eevee, giving them new accessories and boosts. The Pokemon I suggested (Togepi/Marill and Munchlax/Riolu) were marketable back in the day, but they would need a big push to recreate that and come close to Eevee.

Personally speaking, I don't even like most legendary mascots. They certainly aren't toy-selling machines.
If they continued this, I would actually be disappointed if the reused Pikachu and Eevee .As you suggested, I think Marill is an obvious choice for gen 2. Togepi, unfortunately, I don't agree with. While recognizable, it's a baby Pokemon with stats to reflect. And while they could boost the heck out of it... Why? Pick something closer to Marill's BST.

Your gen 4 picks seem spot on, although I guess I haven't ever looked into what their stats are so idk if my argument for your johto picks would matter here or not :p

What would even be considered popular in hoenn? There don't seem to be any obvious picks there. I mean, skitty, maybe? Eh. I think the main pro Lem is that they're putting non-starter Pokemon in a starter Pokemon's role.

If they continued this, I would actually be disappointed if the reused Pikachu and Eevee .As you suggested, I think Marill is an obvious choice for gen 2. Togepi, unfortunately, I don't agree with. While recognizable, it's a baby Pokemon with stats to reflect. And while they could boost the heck out of it... Why? Pick something closer to Marill's BST.
I agree with you on this one, but only because I'd think Game Freak would rather pair up a baby Pokémon with another baby Pokémon should they use any babies as a mascot for the Let's Go! Johto games.

You'd be surprised, but Marill and Togepi have roughly the same BST (250 and 245). Pichu is well below at 205, but they could pair it with Togepi.

Riolu and Munchlax have a huge gap, as the former's BST is 285 and the latter's is 390. Shinx (263) is closer to Riolu and Pachirisu (405) is closer to Munchlax, but neither have ever really stood out as far as I recall. Buneary (350) could be used instead of Munchlax, I suppose.

Marketability is more important than stats because the latter are much easier to fix. But come to think of it, I wonder if they'd pair Riolu with any Normal type as that would make the Riolu version have easier rival battles than the other one.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom