• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe i am just a party-pooper, but i think mimikyu is fine the way it is???
i mean it would be cute to see others, but wouldn't its name have to change and isnt the reason why it chose a pikachu disguise is because it is so well liked?

I agree that Mimikyu is fine as it is, although I don’t think that an alternative Eevee cloth would be overdoing it. BigBadButterfree’s leaf-tail idea would be cute.

An alternate Eevee cloth would be perfect for Mimikyu. Maybe this could even be something you could swap around.

Other than that, I'm fine with Mimikyu how it is. Pikachu ja nai yo, Mimikyu da yo!

A new type of Poke Ball might be introduced in the Gen 8 games, seeing how in the trailer, Ash seems to throw one that we never saw before.
It was just for a weird competition where the contestants tried to catch as many as Pokemon as possible, but had to return them by the end of it. Either there will be something like that in LGPE (you know, the games being promoted right now) or it's exclusive to the movie.

maybe i am just a party-pooper, but i think mimikyu is fine the way it is???
i mean it would be cute to see others, but wouldn't its name have to change and isnt the reason why it chose a pikachu disguise is because it is so well liked?
I don't see why its name would have to change- it would still be mimicking. And a lot of other pokemon are well-liked, so why not? XD

In fact, a great way to decide new forms for Mimikyu, aside from going with just Eevee or Eevee and Pikachu's evolutions, would be if the Pokemon Company ran a poll to determine the top favorite Pokemon. Maybe run one for each region and then do a poll periodically for each new region that comes out.

I don't see why its name would have to change- it would still be mimicking. And a lot of other pokemon are well-liked, so why not? XD

In fact, a great way to decide new forms for Mimikyu, aside from going with just Eevee or Eevee and Pikachu's evolutions, would be if the Pokemon Company ran a poll to determine the top favorite Pokemon. Maybe run one for each region and then do a poll periodically for each new region that comes out.
I really don't wanna see Charizard or Mewtwo win that.

I really don't wanna see Charizard or Mewtwo win that.
Well for Kanto, that'd probably be pretty likely... but is there any other popular Kanto pokemon besides Pikachu who would be likely to win, who anyone would want to see win? I wouldn't mind a Charizard or Mewtwo Mimikyu, personally- what I'd hate to see most is a Greninja one. XD

I guess Mew could be a winner- we could have a Mew Mimikyu.

Well for Kanto, that'd probably be pretty likely... but is there any other popular Kanto pokemon besides Pikachu who would be likely to win, who anyone would want to see win? I wouldn't mind a Charizard or Mewtwo Mimikyu, personally- what I'd hate to see most is a Greninja one. XD

I guess Mew could be a winner- we could have a Mew Mimikyu.
Honestly at this point, the only likely thing I see happening is Eevee. And it probably won't anyways. But we shall see. :)

Oheeeey, more wishful thinking for Gen 8- how about an Electric/Dark-type Gorochu-inspired Mega Raichu? We don't seem to have any Electric/Dark-types yet.
I prefer they make a Mega Luxray for an Electric/Dark-type rather than Raichu. Raichu already has an Alolan form, I prefer they don't double up additions for the same Pokemon.

I don't think Mega's will be returning though (New Mega's that is). Its more likely that gen 8 gets its own main feature, just like gen 7 got Z-Moves.

and Imo, giving Mimikyu another cloth will take away from its lore and makes its lore basically pointless if they decide too slap another cloth on it that isn't the Pikachu line.

Masuda said something about making it more Anime inspired, so maybe we'll get the Orange Islands?

What about the Orange Islands? People have been clamoring for that area for years, and the "Gyms" there could make for some interesting activities. Seriously, if there ever was a time for our OG Anime Archipelago, it's now!

Sorry to burst your bubbles but that’s probably not happening since they confirmed that the mao is staying mostly the same,

and Imo, giving Mimikyu another cloth will take away from its lore and makes its lore basically pointless if they decide too slap another cloth on it that isn't the Pikachu line.
Why would it ruin the lore? The whole reason Mimikyu wears the Pikachu cloth is because it envies Pikachu's popularity-picking another popular Pokemon would still fit that lore just fine.

I don't think Mega's will be returning though (New Mega's that is). Its more likely that gen 8 gets its own main feature, just like gen 7 got Z-Moves.

I hope not, they need to choose something and stick to it to expand on it in my opinion.
I wasnt a fan of z-moves when i first saw them because we just had the megas and I thought that perhaps they would expand on the story behind megas more. z-moves would have been fine other wise though megas makes more sense to me than z-moves do.
z-moves i get are referencing dance for the tropical region.

Even if we don't get any more story for Megas, it would just be nice to get more of them so it's not a one and done thing. Plus we've got so few Mega reps from Gen 5 (just one, I think?) and no Megas for Gen 6 and 7 so... it'd be nice to just get more of them. I don't need a story for why they're there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom