• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BMGF Metronome Cup

Which Format should this be in?

• Singles

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Doubles

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Fluttershy of Light

Star Guardian Ahri
Reaction score
Was planning on doing themed battle competitiond like this one for a while. The main idea for this competition however is for all the Pokémon that can use the move Metronome. There was a recent Poketuber's Metronome battles event which is where I had gotten the idea :p. This will follow similar rules but will be done on Showdown for ease of access of not having to obtain them in game.
We'll start off with a draft period once enough players have been obtained. (if we go over however I will try to set up another bracket with mid-evolutions or lower).
Then once you have your team of 6 you may select from any of that Pokémon's possible abilities (they must be possible in game so Volbeat, and Illumise can't have Prankster), and Natures however the evs must be 252 Speed/HP and 252 in either Attack or Special Attack. The 4 remaining evs doesn't matter much so it can be in any other stat. The only item allowed is the Leppa Berry and the only move allowed is Metronome. The last rule is that you must use Metronome at least 1 turn before switching (including the first turn). This is to prevent stalling out the opponents Metronome and gaining an advantage over the opponent. Battles will start whenever we get enough players. The current number of Pokémon is 41 so either 6 or 7 players but may have to double up for one Pokémon to make it 6 Pokémon each for 7.. There will also be room for a possible round for weaker Metronome users.
If you want to battle then post down below including your Showdown Username in the post and reply to the poll on which format you want you want it to be in :)

Current participants
Gengarzilla
grey_toiletpaper
Ratochu
Wispy Willow
-

Last edited:
I rather like this idea. I watched the whole event that you're referring to and it seemed like an absolute blast. My Showdown username is the same here: Gengarzilla.

If my memory serves me right, single target moves called by Metronome will go for a random opponent in Doubles. I think we should use the format since it would add another layer of luck to the already unpredictable proceedings. Though, I'll be all fine if more people want Singles.

Me getting sick last month kinda forced a hold on this and I'll be going on vacation next week so I'll probably have to try getting more people to participate then..

Yeah I'm down for this it actually sounds like it could be a lot of fun if enough people join in. My showdown username is also grey_toiletpaper and I'm down for singles or doubles :p

Yeah I've been trying to get more activity for here but I either forget because irl stuff or being distracted by other things.. I'll see what i can do to actually get this to happen..

Oh hey, I've been out of the Pokémon battling scene for some time now, so this seems like a good way to get back into highly-skilled competitive battling, sign me up. :p

oh and ny showdown username'll be the same as on here, that too

Oi Flut- er, I mean @Nightmare Moon, I've got some questions for you 'bout this thing. Specificly...

1. What is this drafting process you speak of, and why did you include it?

2. Why the restrictions on EV spreads?

And 3. What'll happen if you don't get enough entried by, say, the end of the year?

Just wondering about a few things, sorry about the double post btw.

Oi Flut- er, I mean @Nightmare Moon, I've got some questions for you 'bout this thing. Specificly...

1. What is this drafting process you speak of, and why did you include it?

2. Why the restrictions on EV spreads?

And 3. What'll happen if you don't get enough entried by, say, the end of the year?

Just wondering about a few things, sorry about the double post btw.
I kinda had to put it off for a few due to irl things.. but the draft process is essentially like how a draft would be. everyone takes a turn to pick a pokemon that can get Metronome with the first person choosing last the next one until 6 pokemon are acquired..

Just to make sure certain Pokémon aren't too bulky lol.
I don't know tbh.. But I'll try to at least keep this alive until it's finished..

Edit Jan 25th 2019
Going to close this since there hasn't been much going on here. I'll try again at a later point but for now this hasn't gotten anywhere unfortunately..

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom