• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

(sigh) I wish it were harder to believe that no one on the staff thought to question that make up. Thanks a lot OLM, you got one of my favorite episodes banned!

Given the backlog on development to release, it's possible that when they started it wasn't seen as a problem, but in recent times it was decided it wasn't as safe.

Sort of like if Ubisoft had decided to shelve Far Cry 5 in the wake of what the U.S looked like when it was made to what it is now.

But instead we got a banned episode because someone thought it would be funny to give Ash blackface. Passimian would have been a great partner, especially if it was crazy / humorous (without being the comic relief Pokemon).
I've heard many people say that they didn't even see it offensive in anyway. PCI was just being overly cautious.

Prediction for Ash
Pikachu
Rowlet: It's all but confirmed at this point. He ain't evolving. Dartrix's debut was his last hope
Lycanroc
Incineroar: Hopefully it happens soon~ I wanna see him with his own damn z-crystal! It's long overdue.....
Eevee: I don't see it evolving this year... but next year I can see it evolving into the gen 8 Eeveelution to begin teasing the new games coming out. Wonder if Ash will get Eeveenium....
Hawkomo-o: Pretty much the only plausible option left. Ash hasn't met these guys yet and it gives him a candidate to use Dragonium now that Poipole is gone. Plus the Pokemon suits him.

What are our thought on the classmates catching Kanto Pokemon?

I’ve always thought Mallow getting Oddish—> Gloom since she showed interest in them.

Lillie would get Clefairy like in the games and their could be some nice interaction with her Mum’s Clefable.

I know it’s not quite a Kanto Pokemon but I would love Sophocles to get Pichu.

The Oddish line is just so.... bleh.
I'd like for Mallow to get an Ivysaur and Kiawe a Growlithe.

I said "being fair". By personal opinion, which may be a bit unfair, says that PCI was being overly cautious.
We get it, you think there is nothing offensive about it, and you think they're overly cautious about it. That doesn't mean you're right and they're wrong. You don't need to complain about it in several different threads.

We get it, you think there is nothing offensive about it, and you think they're overly cautious about it. That doesn't mean you're right and they're wrong. You don't need to complain about it in several different threads.
I'm not saying I'm right. I'm merely stating my personal opinion, as well as the fact that I'm not the only one who thinks the same way about this.

Hawkomo-o: Pretty much the only plausible option left. Ash hasn't met these guys yet and it gives him a candidate to use Dragonium now that Poipole is gone. Plus the Pokemon suits.

Every one wants that happen.
Ash should catch jangmo-o but chance is very low

I think he wont catch it, because mostly he never catches pokémon of the same type two regions in a raw except starters and regional birds

Jangmo-o is dragon/fighting type. He doesn't have it now...
In Kalos, he got two dragon type, 3 flying type( including regional bird)..

Jangmo-o is dragon/fighting type. He doesn't have it now...
In Kalos, he got two dragon type, 3 flying type( including regional bird)..

Yes, but except for the Birds and the starter typings, he usually doesn't get 2 Pokemon of the same type in back-to-back regions.

Like: Dragon type in Sinnoh, not in Unova. Got 2 in Kalos. Fighting is the only exception with Scraggy and Hawlucha ( I don't count Infernape, Pignite and Greninja since they are starters) and we have Gliscor and Palpitoad, but considering Palpitoad did barely anything, i don't think he counts either), same with Krookodile, since it came so late.

And technically, Talonflame is different from Unzefant and so is Noivern, since both aren't Normal Types and Noivern is primary flying and you can make the argument they only gave Noivern to Ash because he didn't had Goodra anymore, but they didn't know what too do with a another Pokemon after that and thus brought Back Goodra.

So if we continue this, he doesn't get a Dragon type this region, because we got 2 in the previous.

Like: Dragon type in Sinnoh, not in Unova. Got 2 in Kalos. Fighting is the only exception with Scraggy and Hawlucha ( I don't count Infernape, Pignite and Greninja since they are starters).

And technically, Talonflame is different from Unzefant and so is Noivern, since both aren't Normal Types and Noivern is primary flying and you can make the argument they only gave Noivern to Ash because he didn't had Goodra anymore, but they didn't know what too do with a another Pokemon after that and thus brought Back Goodra.

I don’t think a trend is a trend if one has to ignore so many things to show that it is a trend.

I don’t think a trend is a trend if one has to ignore so many things to show that it is a trend.

I am not saying its a trend.

Its just suspicious.

Gen 1: Ice type, Gen 3, Ice Type
Gen 2: Ground type, gen 4 and gen 5, Ground type, Dragon type
Gen 5: Ground type, Dark Type
Gen 6: Flying type, Dragon Type (I don't count starter typings, since those are usually in second and third form)
Gen 7: He didn't get the regional bird, nor does he have a Ground type, just like in Gen 6, because the writers prolly think he has gotten enough of those the past regions. However, he does have a Rock type, his second after Boldore.

People assume that we get Eeveelutions every even gen, what if its the same for Ash regarding Dragon types in the anime.

Back
Top Bottom