• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Scooby Doo Mafia: Final Update: Answers (4/10/18)

I checked Officer on Night 1 and that's the reason why I tried saving him from getting lynched. I have been town reading Rainbow Cloud, while Max and RainbowSkittles are null for me.

Rainbow Cloud - AE fake claimed Watcher and it looked like RC did not believe the claim at first and was thinking on saving AE from getting lynched if he really is the Watcher. If RC was scum, he would have saved AE from getting lynched but he did not save AE from getting lynched and I think RC is town.

Max- Max unvotes Officer after he claimed Tracker and then he votes AE. AE fake claimed Watcher and then Max unvotes AE after he fake claimed Watcher. I think Max is town because it looked like he got fooled by AE's fake claim.

Max- Max unvotes Officer after he claimed Tracker and then he votes AE. AE fake claimed Watcher and then Max unvotes AE after he fake claimed Watcher. I think Max is town because it looked like he got fooled by AE's fake claim.
What makes you think it's fake?

Endgame: Prelude to the Solution
Endgame: Prelude to the solution

Pika_Pika42 (3):
Jinjo, Rainbow Cloud, Max1996
Rainbow Cloud (1): Pika_Pika42

“Hey! Guys! We found something!” DarthWolf called as he and LG got back to the main room, LG lagging behind a bit due to being designated as the one to drag Caps along thanks to a lost game of Rock-Paper-Scissors.

“What did you find?” Dylan asked as they came back down the stairs, not having been able to find where the Pterodactyl Ghost had taken Rainbow Cloud.

“We found him attacking us.” LG said as he finally got Caps into the room.

“Caps?” Elementar asked as he beheld the former moderator. “So, what? You were bitter over losing your staff position and wanted revenge?”

“Oh, nothing so petty.” Caps replied. "And if you’ll recall, I quit. So even if I was I’d have no-one to blame but myself.”

“The motive isn’t important.” Dylan said as he pushed past Elementar. “Where are RC and the users?”

“Wait, RC? What happened to him?” LG asked before Caps answered.

“Oh, he managed to get him, did he?” Caps asked. “Regardless, that’s your job to figure out, I don’t get to tell you anything.”

“Wait a second.” Elementar said as he knelt down next to Caps. He inspected Caps’ wings, which were still bent from when LG had hit them and were poking out of the net. “These are made of metal. Was he actually using these to fly?”

“Yeah.” Darth replied. “He flew around the room and tried to dive bomb us, like the Pterodactyl Ghost did.”

“Hmm… No offence Caps, but I don’t think you could have made this on your own.” Elementar said.

“What do you mean?” Dylan asked.

“Well, these are made from metal, the sheer weight from the wings combined with Caps’ weight and humanoid body structure should make it impossible for him to fly with these. There must be something special about their engineering or construction. I’ll have to take a look at them later, but the Pterodactyl Ghost is probably using something similar.”

“So you think whoever’s in the Pterodactyl Ghost costume made them?” LG asked.

“Maybe. If we catch the Pterodactyl Ghost then we might be able to figure things out. They’d be a problem if we just let them go anyway.”

“Alright, let’s set up a trap!” Dylan said.

***​

“Man, why do we have to be the bait?” LG muttered to Darth as they got themselves into position in the rafters.

“I guess someone has to be.” Darth muttered back. “Ready?”

“As I’ll ever be.” LG then started to shout. “Hey! RC! You up here?”

“Can you hear us?” Darth continued. The two stopped when they heard clicking from behind them. They turned around to see the Pterodactyl Ghost preparing to strike. “There it is!” Darth shouted as the two of them jumped down from the rafters to avoid its lunge. Safely stopped from hitting the ground by the stage wires they were wearing, they hurriedly removed their harnesses and began to run. The Pterodactyl Ghost shrieked and dove for the mods. Darth and LG vaulted behind an upturned table shortly before the Pterodactyl Ghost could reach them. Suddenly, Elementar came up from behind the table and blasted one of the smoke machines directly into the Pterodactyl Ghost’s face. Using its moment of confusion, Dylan came up from behind yet another table, holding a net, and jumped onto the Pterodactyl Ghost’s back. The Pterodactyl Ghost attempted to struggle against Dylan’s attack, but this only served to get it more and more tangled in the net, until finally it couldn’t move at all.

“Now,” Dylan said, “let’s see just who’s under this mask.”

Pika_Pika42 was lynched, they were a RoleCop aligned with the Mysterious Miscreants
Hi there Pika_Pika42, you are Johnny, perhaps better known as The Pterodactyl Ghost.

One of the classic villains from the original series, you are a caterer who dressed up as a pterodactyl to terrorise a hang gliding competition. The catering job is just a front however, as your real job is pirating music and selling it to. You crafted the Pterodactyl Ghost costume using a suit and a hang glider in order to scare people away from the operation.

Using the Pterodactyl Ghost costume, you are able to fly through the air to keep an eye on a person from afar. As such, you are a RoleCop, you are able to watch a person from the skies and watch what they can do in order to learn their role. You can do this by typing “Take to the skies near <target> into either the mafia chat or your role PM.

You are aligned with The Mysterious Miscreants and win once you outnumber Those Meddling Kids, or nothing can stop this from happening.

“Zexy!?” The mods shouted once the mask was removed from the ghost’s head.

“I knew it!” LG shouted. “If something goes wrong in F&G, #BlameZexy.”

Jinjo won in the endgame, they were a Cop aligned with Those Meddling Kids
Hi there Jinjo, you are Norville “Shaggy” Rogers.

The owner of Scooby Doo, you are a perpetually hungry and somewhat cowardly teen. You met Scooby when he ran away from the pound, and in some continuities are even the creator of the famous Scooby Snack. During investigations, you tend to just goof off with Scooby and do things like raid the fridge, or raid the food court, or raid the- You get the idea. Unfortunately, due to your rather poor luck, you always seem to bump into the monster of the week, ending up being chased though the area. Fred frequently weaponises this fact during the plans to catch the monster, using you and Scooby as bait.

Due to this, you are a Cop, during any and all night phases, you can go and goof off near another player. If they’re the monster, then it’s guaranteed you’ll bump into them. This will let you know the target’s alignment. To do this, simply type “Goof off near <target>” into your role PM.

You are aligned with Those Meddling Kids and win once all hostile forces have been eliminated.

“Hmm… Let’s see.” Elementar said as he inspected Zexy’s wings. “Yep. Same kind of gear. I don’t think Zexy could have done it either.”

RainbowSkittles won in the endgame, they were Ascetic and aligned with Those Meddling Kids
Hi there CheffOfGames, you are Daphne Blake.

The pretty one of Mystery Inc., you come from a wealthy family, and are known for your impeccable fashion sense. You also frequently have a romantic relationship with Fred. Be it obvious or subtle, smooth or rocky, it’s almost always there. Initially your main role in the show was to be kidnapped, necessitating some kind of recue attempt. However, as the franchise progressed, you slowly became more capable and able to handle yourself, most notably in the first live action movie where you took martial arts classes to “transform your body into a lethal weapon”.

Due to this, you are Ascetic, you will skilfully repel any actions used on you during the night, with the exception of kills.

You are aligned with Those Meddling Kids and win once all hostile forces have been eliminated.

“Did the two of you find anything else when you caught Caps?” Dylan asked Darth and LG as Elementar was trying to puzzle things through.

Max1996 won in the endgame, they were a Jailer aligned with Those Meddling Kids
Hi there Max1996, you are Fred Jones.

Typically seen as the de-facto leader of Mystery Inc., you are a charismatic young man. While not generally the one to solve the mystery, you are usually the one to come up with the plan to catch them and lead the construction of the trap. You also almost always have a romantic relationship of some kind with Daphne. It may be obvious or subtle, smooth or rocky, but it’s almost always there.

Due to your talent for the design and construction of traps, you are a Jailer, during any and all night phases, you can catch another player in one of your traps. This will render them incapable of performing their role that night, and also protect them from any kill attempts that night. To do this, simply type “set a trap for <target>” into your role PM.

“Yeah, there was music coming from somewhere.” Darth replied. “It was really weird. We were heading towards it when we ran into Caps, but figured that getting him back here was more important.

Rainbow Cloud won in the endgame, they were a Vanilla aligned with Those Meddling Kids
Hi there Rainbow Cloud, you are Scooby dooby Doo!

The mascot of Mystery Inc., you are a cowardly dog, specifically of the great dane breed. You have both hunger and cowardice to rival Shaggy, along with a particularly annoying (yet iconic) speech impediment which causes you to inexplicably replace various consonants with an R. You frequently goofed off with Shaggy during investigations, and even when you did make an effort, being a dog (though admittedly a comparatively intelligent one), you often made little difference.

Due to this, you are a Vanilla, you have no special powers, and must solve the game using only your vote and your wit.

“Music?” Elementar mused as the pieces began to slot into place in his head. “Hmm… I think I’ve solved this mystery. Can you two take us to where you found Caps?”

“Hey, if you think you can find the users then let’s go.” Darth said as the assembled mods began to run for where Caps had been found.

“What about these guys? Dylan asked, gesturing to Zexy and Caps.

“Just leave ‘em. They can’t cause any problems like this.” Elementar called back. As the mods dashed through the halls, they eventually ran into Feenie, Space, and FinalArcadia.

“Hey, it’s the sisters.” LG called as he stopped to talk to them. “You guys are ok?”

“Yeah, we uh, we got away.” Feenie said.

Feenie won in the endgame, they were a Singer aligned with Those Meddling Kids
Hi there Feenie, you’re the Hex Girls, and you’re gonna put a spell on me (gonna put a spell on me)

You are a coven of 3 young wiccan eco goths who also perform as a band. Your shows typically feature large amounts of supernatural imagery in both the music and the performance such as false vampire fangs, pentagrams, and magical themes. Also noteworthy is your staying power with the series. You are 3 of a small group of characters to appear multiple times across various iterations of the franchise. Which becomes even more impressive when you consider that you originally appeared in a direct to video movie.

As a musical group, you are a Singer, if you are killed during the night then the mafia will be informed of the name of one role still alive in the game, but not who it belongs to or what it does.

“Just bring them along!” Elementar called back.

“Uhh, sure, just stick with us I guess.” LG said to the sisters before the group began to run again.

“Here it is.” Darth said as they reached the room that Caps has attacked in. Elementar paused for a moment before taking off again.

“This way!” He called as he headed in the direction where the music was loudest. They went through another few hallways before coming to a door where they could hear the music coming from. The assembled mods and the sisters prepared to enter.

Congratulations to Those Meddling Kids for winning the game!

Question time!
Did you enjoy the game?
What did you think of the balance?
If you could change one thing about the game, what would it be?
Did you enjoy the flavour text so far?
I tried something kind of experimental with the flavour text in this game: Making a story using themes and concepts from the game's theme, but not actually basing the story in the setting of the theme. Did you like this approach? Would you like to see such stories again?
A final update to the flavour text to conclude the story and reveal the mystery will come sometime in the next few days, but before that, who do you think is behind the mystery? Feel free to guess both character and motivation.

Wow, that was close I nearly posted this thing in an entirely different thread

And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids....

Anyway Congrats Town, you played well and apologies to my scum buddy ROMCH/AussieEevee. I wasn't upto my mark this game and I made some very silly mistakes which eventually cost us the game.

Question time!
Did you enjoy the game?

Yes. The game was fun to play.

Not an expert on balance. Although 7:2 looks pretty town-sided, I guess the roles kinda balanced the equation. I think a Mafia Roleblocker would have been better for us though.

I would have paid more attention to the game and not made those silly mistakes. I should have been able to play much better as scum. This is personally one of my worst games as a player.

I am yet to read it fully. I read till N1 and it was fun. Hope to catch it now.

I tried something kind of experimental with the flavour text in this game: Making a story using themes and concepts from the game's theme, but not actually basing the story in the setting of the theme. Did you like this approach? Would you like to see such stories again?

Yes. It sounds interesting.

A final update to the flavour text to conclude the story and reveal the mystery will come sometime in the next few days, but before that, who do youthink is behind the mystery? Feel free to guess both character and motivation.

I will try to complete reading the FT and then make my guesses.

Question time!
Did you enjoy the game?

Yes even though I joined mid game

it was fairly even

I would have been more active

I'm not really fussed by that side of the game

Yes

Congrats Town, I though inactivity was probably going to hurt us early in the game but everything worked out :)

Thanks also to the mafia team for giving us a good game.

Did you enjoy the game?

Yeah, I thought the theme and concept was fun, activity was a bit low but we we're able to work through it.

Thought the game was pretty balanced with 2 of the town players being vanillas, kind of think the mafia team was unlucky to lose AE as I didn't think he looked that scummy when he was lynched and that flip made Pika look more suspicious.

Can't really think of anything, I made a few mistakes in the game but things still worked out ok, pretty happy with how the game played out.

Yeah, I like the concept of mixing the BMU with the Scooby Doo theme, enjoyed reading the updates :)

Yeah, I think this approach could be done with the BMU and other themes too.

A final update to the flavour text to conclude the story and reveal the mystery will come sometime in the next few days, but before that, who do you think is behind the mystery? Feel free to guess both character and motivation.

He has many names; Maniacal Engineer, Random Punster, Mighty Emperor to name a few :p
Motivation is simply to cause chaos and troll the new section mods :D

Did you enjoy the game?
I enjoyed the game and this is one of my strongest Mafia games I have played. I correctly town read Officer and I tried saving him from getting lynched and we successfully lynched a Mafia.

The balance looked good.

I don't think there is anything I would have changed.

I enjoyed the text and it was funny.

Yes

Congratulations, Meddling Kids!

Did you enjoy the game?

Sadly, I wasn’t involved for most of the action, but it was an honor to be killed first. :p

Looked pretty good to me.

I would’ve probably made Scrappy different from Scooby by making him a Hated role, due to being unpopular with some fans. :p

I haven’t fully read it yet, but so far, yeah

Yes. Heck, it’s something I plan to do myself in a future game, too.

The true mastermind will turn out to be MegaPod, who is sitting above it all and watching in his Captain Cutler costume. Unfortunately, those meddling mods easily deduce who it is because he’s sitting in his own office in MegaPod Tower.

...oh, sorry, should I have put that in a spoiler tag?

I would’ve probably made Scrappy different from Scooby by making him a Hated role, due to being unpopular with some fans. :p
Not gonna lie, I totally considered it. I even briefly entertained the thought of going the whole hog and making him a Hated Miller. Unfortunately, I decided that in a game this size, it'd probably a bit unbalanced.

The true mastermind will turn out to be MegaPod, who is sitting above it all and watching in his Captain Cutler costume. Unfortunately, those meddling mods easily deduce who it is because he’s sitting in his own office in MegaPod Tower.
Dammit man! Just spoil the whole ending why don't you!?

Final Update: Answers
Final Update: Answers

Elementar turned back to the other mods and the sisters as they stood in front of the door. “Ready?” He asked them. The other mods nodded. Elementar opened the door. “Ok, so, this isn’t quite what I was expecting.” The door opened to reveal a party much like the one that had been crashed earlier. The users chatting, dancing, and generally having a good time as though nothing had even happened.

“This- But they’re- But the-” Dylan started a few times, attempting to find the words to take in the scene before them. “What the hell is going on!?” He eventually got out. The users stopped partying, looking over at the assembled mods.

“Oh hey, they figured it out.” Max1996 said.

“Nah, not quite.” MegaPod replied. “If they’d figured it out then they wouldn’t be surprised.”

“They did find us though.” Kyriaki interjected. “So that has to count for something.”

“Oh, guys, there you are!” Rainbow Cloud called as he got up from his seat.

“RC! What is all this?” LG asked.

“I have no idea. The Pterodactyl Ghost knocked me out, and when I came to I was in the middle of a party. I tried to get out and come find you, but the door wouldn’t open from this side.” Suddenly, the lights in the room flickered, though fortunately the users were still there when they came back on this time.

“So, moderators of Fun and Games!” The tell-tale deep voice of the polygonal masked villain boomed through the room. The mods looked around to find the source.

“There he is!” Darth shouted, pointing to the balcony in the back of the room.

“I see that you have located your users. How fortunate for you. However, you have yet to capture me.” He said as he turned and ran for the door on the balcony.

“After him!” Dylan shouted and the mods all dashed for the ladder, up to the balcony, and through the same door. “Split up, shout if you find them.” The assembled mods nodded and dashed down different hallways.

“Dammit, where is he?” RC wondered to himself as he dashed down random corridors, attempting to find the masked villain.

“Hey! Here he is!” DarthWolf’s voice echoed down the halls. “He’s heading… Uh… This way!” RC immediately slammed on the breaks and turned around to head in the direction Darth’s voice was coming from. After a few turns he found the masked villain running towards him, DarthWolf hot on his heels. As the masked villain saw RC coming however, he turned down a side corridor, intending to escape that way. If the eyes on the mask could widen, they would have, as the masked villain saw LG leaping down the hall before him.

“Got’cha!” LG shouted as he landed on top of the masked villain. LG then grabbed a hold of the mask and began pulling, attempting to get it off.

“LG, stop, you’ll break his neck!” Elementar shouted as he came down the hall from the direction of Darth’s corridor, Dylan following behind. “It’s attached to the rest of the costume, there’s a latch.” He said, reaching for the back of the villain’s neck and releasing the latch. LG then resumed pulling on the mask, coming cleanly off of the head this time. The assembled mods gasped as they beheld the face beneath.

“Maniacal Engineer!?” The cried in unison.

“But… Why?” Dylan asked, thoroughly confused.

“I had to be sure.” ME said as he pushed LG off of him and got to his feet.

“What?” RC asked.

“As you’re all no doubt aware, F&G is an… Eventful section.”

“Understatement of the year.” Darth muttered under his breath.

Anyway,” ME continued, dragging back the attention of his audience, “when I left the section, I was confident that you’d all be able to handle the day to day running of the section. But I just couldn’t help but worry what would happen if something big happened again. You’ve never faced something like that by yourselves, you always had me to fall back on as Section Head. I needed to make sure that you’d be able to figure things out and protect the users. So, I devised a test. Yes, Elementar, a real test this time.” He added as Elementar opened his mouth to speak. “I simply hijacked your event, hid the users away, gave them their own private party, and challenged you to use your wits to solve the problem. For some added challenge I called in Caps and Zexy for some help messing with you, and temporarily revoked your mod powers for the duration.”

“So you just kidnapped the users and threw them in that room back there?” RC shouted. “What in god’s name made you think they were ok with that?”

“Are you kidding?” ME replied. “When I organised this with them and told them they’d get to mess with the mods they practically jumped at the chance. This whole thing was set up days in advance. Heck, they even decided to send Pika and the sisters back out to mess with you some more. We lost our live music while they were out, but they insisted. We would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling mods.” He added jokingly.

“So you… You actually…” RC said, failing to put into words his reaction to the revelation that he was abducted by a pterodactyl as a test.

“Either way. You succeeded in both locating the users, and taking me down. Naturally things won’t be quite this simple in a real scenario, but I’m confident that I’m leaving the section and the users in capable hands. Now come on, let’s get back to the party, I’m sure you could all use it after tonight.”

Last edited:
2d4.gif

Couldn't resist. :p

Question time!
Did you enjoy the game?

No :( I still don't know why I got lynched, and it just made no sense!

Balance was fine. To be fair, I'm going to say that anytime your balance is better than Zexy can't balance mafia.

Make Jinjo voteless.

>.< LOL Who didn't see that plot twist coming?

Would I be in the future games stories?

Kinda late to guess lol

>.< LOL Who didn't see that plot twist coming?
Well, it wasn't really meant to be a twist so much as a mystery that you were supposed to be able to solve with the clues I gave. I dunno, maybe I gave too many clues and it became to obvious?

Would I be in the future games stories?
Yeah, I guess you could show up if I write another one.

Back
Top Bottom