• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Pokémon has unexpectedly derailed your Nuzlocke or Randlocke?

ShinxDaSphinx

Shinx used Swagger! But it failed!
Reaction score
The other day, I was playing through my White RandLocke after defeating Cilan. At Route 3, I ran across a Breeder with a level 9 Cottonee. I thought that the battle would be easy enough, but the Cottonee pulled out a moveset of Stun Spore, Growth, Leech Seed and Absorb. It managed to fully paralyze my Latias (Route 2 encounter) 6 times in a row, after using 2 Paralyz Heals and switching countless times to get Leech Seed off, Leech Seeding and Absorbing it to death after boosting up with Growth. It then pulled 4 full paralysis on my Lairon (Starter) and boosted to +6 in both Atk stats, then Absorbed and Leech Seeded me to death. I held off on switching to my last Pokémon, a Rhyperior gifted to me in the Dreamyard, but it fainted my Lairon, then proceeded to OHKO Rhyperior through a Solid Rock.

I've got so many that stand out in my mind. Nothing that's ended my whole nuzlocke, just Cynthia has done that, but in White 2 I was in some late-game cave and I had Wilbur the Emboar against an Excadrill. I switched for fear of an earthquake or bulldoze, to Penelope the Emolga. That SOB used rock slide instead :mad:

Oh, same game, but a lot earlier so it wasn't as devastating, I had just cought a Shitty in that little courtyard area of Castelia (that you access through the sewers). Her first fight, I was just gonna switch her out and let someone else get the experience for her. I was at the Nimbasa Sports dome or whatever it's called, and so I sent her out first. The opponent sent out a much higher-leveled Wynaut. Needless to say, that poor Skitty didn't make it.

Bugsy's Scyther. My gosh it was horrible. I was doing a Wedlocke (basically a nuzlocke, but your Pokemon are paired together and if you want to switch to another Pokemon you can only do so to it's partner. I went into battle with my Pidgey out (also made the major mistake of going in at the Scyther's level, instead of just leveling up to Pidgeotto) and got one-shotted by that Scyther. Took out his partner, a Rattata, got one-shotted. Took out a Mareep, one-shotted. Ekans, one-shotted. Got to a Sentret and managed to live somehow, healed up, defeated another Pokemon cuz he had U-Turned, but got poisoned by that one, and then taken out by Scyther. Managed to beat that gym with my last Pokemon and type weakness, Chikorita. I finished up the Wedlocke there, and ever since then I have hated Scyther with a passion.

A Ralts of all things at one point.

Probably Wally's as he is one of the very few important trainers who actually uses the creature in any main series games.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom