• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Generation 4 is coming! And a rebalance.

Very excited, I can say, at least for Lucario, Lopunny, Eeveelutions and Gallade.

I bet Riolu will be a wild encounter unlike other Baby Pokémon, if Niantic decides to give Riolu a special treatment.

I doubt Riolu will appear in the wild, since it's a baby Pokémon.
On the plus side, at least some Pokémon candy will no longer be useless. And something tells me that if Mime Jr appears in eggs, then Mr Mime will become available worldwide exclusively by evolving Mime Jr.

I'm curious to see what the regionals will be too, and what the typical "super rare" Pokemon will be. Other than Gabite, wouldn't be surprised if Shinx is really hard to find...

I doubt Riolu will appear in the wild, since it's a baby Pokémon.

Unless Niantic might break the trend and give Riolu a special treatment. Baby Pokémon did appear in wild in core games, but in GO, only in eggs. Since Lucario is a very-popular Pokémon and also serves as a Gen 4 equivalent to Hariyama and Medicham, Niantic could make Riolu a wild spawn in case Lucario has insanely bad capture rates.

I'm curious to see what the regionals will be too, and what the typical "super rare" Pokemon will be. Other than Gabite, wouldn't be surprised if Shinx is really hard to find...

I really hope Shinx is fairly easy to find... It's one of my favorite Pokemon so I'd be upset if you couldn't get it relatively easily. I'm also pretty excited for Bronzor!

I'm excited for the defense rebalance, though. I'm tired of fighting a Blissey every time I have to go take down a gym... I can fight through berries do it doesn't really do anything except waste my time.

I'm also wondering if Spiritomb will be a level 1, 2, or 3 raid boss. Given how it works in DPPt that wouldn't surprise me.

Since they put in most of the Gen IV that aren't based on anything from a previous generation I'm already getting a big headstart on that Pokedex :p I really want a shiny Shinx too.

So far I've caught Chimchar, Kricketot, Starly and plenty of Bidoof

Shinx is only available as a raid boss. You could encounter its shiny form, too, I've heard. That outta keep @hurristat busy. :p

Last edited:
Haven’t seen a single Shinx, much less a shiny one, but I’ve been encountering the starters, Starly, Bidoof and Kicketot.

I now also have a Grotle and enough candies for a Prinplup (and a few candies away from Monferno). I’ll evolve a Piplup when I catch a decent one.

Sorry for the double post, but have Generation 4 sprawl rates been increased specially for the new wave? Or are these going to be their regular sprawn rates?

I'm already done with the dex registers of all 18 non-regional wild-spawning species of Gen IV so far. Thankfully the starters were super common the first few days, glad I took that chance to grind their Candy ASAP while I still could. Bidoof still seems very common (even outside the Bidoof Day mini-event), Starly, Buneary and Kricketot may be uncommon but not really rare.

Chatot, Pachirisu and Carinivine just got added to the list of regionals it'll probably take me a long while to get; only really bothering with them in case of events featuring them or Ultra/Best Friend trades, but it will probably be quite a while before any of my local friends travel to get them.

Shinx I just got one from a trade since I didn't feel like wasting a raid pass, put it as buddy and going for the long walk/wait. Riolu I'm either going to need some really good luck with my 10kms or trade again, I don't feel like spending coins for incubators much.

CP rebalance seems to be nice, when it's going to get correctly implemented again. Only a few defensive powerhouses lose out on value, which in my opinion isn't too big of a problem, considering everything else gets buffed.

Just caught a wild Spiritomb through Special Research. I guess I am partially right.

Even tho Spiritomb can only be obtained through lImited-time Special Research, it's like Delibird for Christmas.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom