• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Wiz: Kanto Edition

Enzap

No thoughts, head empty
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
r5snK97.png

Welcome to the Bulbagarden guessing game, Pokémon Wiz! In this game, you will be presented with a series of clues and you will try to connect the dots to guess what they all have in common. Any and all are welcome to participate in any amount you wish!

How to play:
  1. Beginning Monday, November 19th at 12:00pm (EST), a clue will appear in an announcement banner at the top of the forums. Every 6 hours another clue will appear. Each subject will have 3 clues. You have 6 hours after the third clue has appeared before the round ends and the first clue of the next round begins. There will be 20 rounds total.
  2. When you see the clue, you can send a group Private Message containing your guess to the following judges: @Enzap, @SoaringDylan, @DarthWolf. Each user can send in one guess per clue, so you get three guesses per subject total. If you send in more than one per clue, then only the first you sent will count.
  3. Please use the same conversation thread for each guess. Your PM should contain the following so that we can keep track of your guesses and points easier:
    • The Round Number
    • The Clue Number
    • Your single guess for that round
  4. You will earn points each time you guess the subject correctly. Because guessing will become easier with each clue, each clue is worth a different amount of points. The number of points received for guessing correctly are as follows:
    • Clue #1: 3 points
    • Clue #2: 2 points
    • Clue #1: 1 point
  5. The user with the highest number of points at the end of the final round will be declared the winner and will receive a custom award banner made by @Rainbow Cloud.

In honor of Pokémon Let's GO Pikachu and Eevee, the theme for this game is: Pokémon Red, Blue, and Yellow. All subjects will be characters, items, locations, or other elements found in those three games.

Example round (what will appear in each banner):
Round 21
Clue #1: Starter Pokémon

For how to play Pokémon Wiz, click here. Please submit all answers in a PM to the judges: Enzap, SoaringDylan, and DarthWolf.
Round 21

Clue #2: The Pokémon Professor

For how to play Pokémon Wiz, click here. Please submit all answers in a PM to the judges: Enzap, SoaringDylan, and DarthWolf.
Round 21

Clue #2: The Pokémon Professor

Clue #3:
Spr_Y_Oak.png

The answer we were looking for in Round #21 was Professor Oak. Congratulations to those who guessed correctly!

Round #22
Clue #1: Pikachu

If you have any questions, PM one of our hosts or ask directly in this thread!

Revealed Answers
  1. Mew
  2. Baoba
  3. Celadon Game Corner (we also accepted Team Rocket Hideout/Base)
  4. Bill
  5. Farfetch'd
  6. Fuchsia City Gym
  7. Swift
  8. Copycat

Last edited:
  • Staff
Updated guideline number 3. Please use the same conversation when sending in your guesses so we can keep track of everything you submit easier.

Thanks to Pika_pika42 for getting a head start on that already and reminding me to include this rule.

My first question pertains to the following from the "How To Play" guidelines, specifically the parts I have bolded:

2. Each user can send in one guess per clue, so
you get three guesses per subject total
. If you send in more than one per clue, then only the first you sent will count.
4. You will earn points each time you guess the subject correctly. Because guessing will become easier with each clue, each clue is worth a different amount of points. The number of points received for guessing correctly are as follows:
  • Clue #1: 3 points
  • Clue #2: 2 points
  • Clue #1: 1 point
So if I submit a correct guess for each of the the three clues in each round, do I get 6 points or only 3? The wording is a bit misleading.

Second, do we get to know how many rounds there will be?

Last edited:
Sorry, I missed that message. The answer for the previous clue is posted in the announcement for the first clue of each round. If you miss that it is now also in the OP of this thread. We're doing our best to keep up with all of the responses and we're recording points in a spreadsheet.

If at any point you want to know your current score you're welcome to message me about it.

Those who I believed would be directly affected have already been notified, but heads up for everyone, there was an error in Round 7's third hint. It should read TM39 instead of TM31.

This has been corrected.

Totally missed this thread, sadly.
Can I start to play, even now that we get to round 8?
No way to recover old rounds' points, right?
Already responded to your PM, but yes, you can start playing now. You cannot recover old points, unfortunately, but there's still lots of fun to be had with the remaining rounds.

After getting a few responses I realized Round 20 Clue 1 was a bit misleading, so I've replaced it with a new one. (also a bonus hint for reading: you might have to think just outside of Gen I for this one)

Oh and to make it absolutely clear, as at least one of you already figured out, if you would like to change your guess for this clue you're welcome to do so.

Also so everyone knows this is the final round of the game, so good luck!

Back
Top Bottom