• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM100: The Lighting Bolt that Severs the Wind! Its Name is Zeraora!!

It was a really nice episode! The Ash of that other world in the flashback reminds me of Kalos Ash or Red.
so suddenly Ash was in silent hill

Oh no, that move that looks exactly like Moonblast was not named as Moonblast- let’s ignore that Lunalaa did anything at all, and we go thorough encyclopaedia?

For the record, Guzzlord used Hyper Voice and Toxic (or possibly Gastro Acid?)

This episode was great, at some points legitimately scary! And a shiny Tapu Koko? Colour me intrigued!
yeah, they make it to notice.
on the other hand, it was my belive that a mythical or legendary pokemon has not have trainers. so, it proves i was wrong.

Compared to Sun and Moon cheerful nature, it is indeed bleak and grim. I don't understand why Ash had to fight that Dia, instead they could battle or come up with a plan to defeat Guzzlord. If the only reason is to show some of moves that the Thunderclap pokémon has, then they could just let it fight Guzzlord without fighting pikachu. Say, how they will defeat Guzzlord or even trap it?
yes, it was a very dark episode. Reminds to terminator. i would be very cool to have some time travel in the 7 gen games.

So finally got the chance to watch the subbed version and I gotta say this was a pleasant surprise. Finally got to see Ash getting ready for the Poni Island trials, an Ultra Beast being shown as a dangerous, well, beast and a serious threat, Ash battling a Mythical Pokémon (which, if I'm not mistaken, is the first time we've seen it in the main anime since DP) and (most importantly) an episode which actually has a more serious tone. I don't want to get my hopes too up (since, knowing SM, they have a tendency to waste their opportunities), but man, did this episode remind me of the good old story arcs from DP and XY.

Now, I do have some minor nitpicks (like why did Ash throw his backpack with all his Pokémons before fighting Tapu Koko, why wasn't Rotom Dex transported to Ultra Ruin with Ash and Pikachu since he was so close to them, why wasn't Guzzlord drawn to all the electric shocks from the battle), but other than that the battles looked pretty okay, the atmosphere was interesting (thet really went all in in trying to capture the bleak mood from the games) and Dia and Zeraora are somewhat intriguing. Now, hopefully, the climax will be just as good...

Last edited:
I love all of the Youtube clickbait popping up saying stuff like "ADULT VERSION OF RED CONFIRMED?!!!!!!!!" with no basis other than his outfit looking somewhat similar. I love clickbait. It's delightfully sad.

Could be worse, the clickbait could be pairing or sexual or evolution based...

So finally got the chance to watch the subbed version and I gotta say this was a pleasant surprise. Finally got to see Ash getting ready for the Poni Island trials, an Ultra Beast being shown as a dangerous, well, beast and a serious threat, Ash battling a Mythical Pokémon (which, if I'm not mistaken, is the first time we've seen it in the main anime since DP) and (most importantly) an episode which actually has a more serious tone. I don't want to get my hopes too up (since, knowing SM, they have a tendency to waste their opportunities), but man, did this episode remind me of the good old story arcs from DP and XY.

Now, I do have some minor nitpicks (like why did Ash throw his backpack with all his Pokémons before fighting Tapu Koko, why wasn't Rotom Dex transported to Ultra Ruin with Ash and Pikachu since he was so close to them, why wasn't Guzzlord drawn to all the electric shocks from the battle), but other than that the battles looked pretty okay, the atmosphere was interesting (thet really went all in in trying to capture the bleak mood from the games) and Dia and Zeraora are somewhat intriguing. Now, hopefully, the climax will be just as good...
i would love to see that in the game, like the haunted house , where you get the ghost z crystal , or Po twon...

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom