• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TEEN: Robo-Boss

Jared DiCarlo

Grovyle Fan
Reaction score
Here’s the next story in my epic saga!

WARNING: This story may contain scenes of an intense nature, along with minor bits of cussing and the like. Reader’s discretion is advised!

ROBO-BOSS

Chapter 1

-Team Rocket Cybernetics Center-

Where we last left off, Team Rocket was desperately trying to salvage their boss, Giovanni, after he suffered crippling injuries in the collapse of PETP’s HQ. Now, a few weeks later, the operation is complete. Professor Sebastian enters the operating room, eager to see the result.

Sebastian: Well, well. He’s finally ready.
Zager: He certainly is, Professor. We were just about to activate him. See for yourself...
[Giovanni rises from the operating table. He looks around the room, a room that he has been in many times before, but never as the test subject.]
Giovanni: I’M BAAAAAAACK!!!!!!
Sebastian: Welcome back, boss. We have been expecting you.
Giovanni: You have done well, gentlemen. I’m especially pleased with you, Sebastian, for taking over in my absence. But now that I’m back, I’m in charge again! Those silly children thought they could get rid of me by trapping me in a collapsing building, but they were wrong! Giovanni’s back, and badder than ever!!!!
[The three villains share an evil laugh]

-Indigo Plateau-

Back in Kanto, the Indigo League celebrations are back underway. Now that the star of honor has returned, the party can go on as scheduled. Ash, Brock, May, Max, Richie, and Harrison arrive in Vermillion City, which is where the party is being held. As part of the celebrations, the champion has to go up to the microphone and speak to the audience. Charles Goodshow, president of the League Competition Committee, starts things off.

Charles Goodshow: Ladies and gentlemen, our champion, Richie, has finally returned!!!
[applause]
Richie: Thanks, everyone. Let me just say that I’m pleased to be back home. But I couldn’t have done it without the help of my friends here. Why don’t you give them a round of applause, too?
[more applause]
Richie: I’m especially grateful for one person in particular; Ash Ketchum, from Pallet Town. If not for him coming to my rescue, I wouldn’t be standing here.
Goodshow: Now, I’d like the top three finishers to stand over there for their group picture!
[Richie, Harrison, and the third-place finisher, a guy named Jon Dickson, get their picture taken, and then, the party begins!!!]

Everybody who’s anybody is at the party! All of the Kanto Gym Leaders (minus Giovanni, of course) are there, as well as the famous Elite Four, consisting of Lance, Agatha, Lorelei, and Bruno. Scott from the Battle Frontier is the party’s DJ, while Duplica and her two Ditto entertain the crowd with their impressions. Amidst all the excitement, Brock is looking for a girl to dance with.

Brock: There’s gotta be someone here that wants to dance with me. I’m not giving up until I find one! Aha! There’s one!
[He lays his eyes on Sabrina, the Gym Leader of Saffron City.]
Brock: Excuse me, miss, would you be so kind as to accompany me as my dance partner?
Sabrina: Sorry, I’m taken. [points to an older gentleman who she is currently dancing with]
Sabrina’s father: Go find your own date, kid.
Brock: Darn it! All the good ladies are taken!!
[Right after he says this, he bumps into another woman.]
Brock: Hey, watch where you’re going you....um...gorgeous lady from another world! Are you taken?
Woman: Nope, I’m all yours, cutie!
Brock: WOWWWW!!!!

Elsewhere, Ash, May, and Max are chatting with Richie. Brock waltzes over to them with his “date”.

Brock: Hey, guys!! Check out my new girlfriend!!!
Ash: Brock! Don’t you realize who that is?!?
Brock: My future wife?!?
Ash: No, that’s Lorelei! She’s one of the Elite Four!
Brock: That’s even better! I’m going to be married to royalty!
Lorelei: Sorry, hon, but I’m already married.
Brock: WHAAAAAT?!!!??? But to who?
Lorelei: That man over there!
[She points to a fat man who is over at the punch bowl. The man waddles over and embraces Lorelei, pushing Brock out of the way.]
Husband: Come on, baby. Let’s do the foxtrot!
[To the horror of Brock, the man then kisses Lorelei on the cheek.]
Brock: NOOOOOOO!!!!!! My love quest has been foiled again!!
Max: Cheer up, Brock. You’ll find lots of other women out there to reject you!
May: Max, be nice!
[Another member of the Elite Four, Bruno, walks over to the group.]
Bruno: Are you Richie?
Richie: Yeah, why?
Bruno: Now that you’ve won the Indigo League, how would you like to battle the Elite Four?
Richie: Would I?!? I’d love to!!!
Bruno: Excellent!!! If you beat all four of us, you’ll be the champion of the entire Indigo Plateau!
Ash: That’s a big honor, Richie!
[Richie ignore Ash, as he imagines what life would be like as the Indigo Plateau Champion]
May: Hey, is he okay?
Ash: He’s probably having one of his fantasies again.

Little does anyone know, they will soon be in for something straight out of a fantasy.....

Last edited:
Chapter 2

-Vermillion Gym-

That night, once everyone has left, Lt. Surge cleans up his gym of all the discarded party stuff. While mopping the floors and listening to 80’s hits on his iPod, he fails to notice someone breaking in and vandalizing the lobby.

Surge: [loudly singing along to Stevie Wonder] I JUST CAAAALLLLEDDD, TO SAYYYYYY, I LOVE YOOOUUUUU!!!!!!

In no time at all, the gym floor is clean. Now, he heads over to clean the lobby, but, a big surprise is waiting for him....

Surge: HOLY COW!!! What da heck happened in here?!? I’ve been vandalized!!!
[he calls up Officer Jenny]
Jenny: Hello, this is the Vermillion Police Department.
Surge: Dis is Lt. Surge. I’d like to report an instance of vandalism at da Vermillion Gym.
Jenny: Okay, I’ll be right over.

From a nearby rooftop, Giovanni snickers. Then, using his new rocket-powered legs, he flies away.

-Indigo Plateau-

Richie arrives at the Indigo Plateau for his battle with the Elite Four. His friends are there to cheer him on.

Richie: I’ve made it! Attention, Elite Four, your new challenger has arrived!
[The first member comes out to greet him]
Lorelei: I’m Lorelei, the first member of the Elite Four. You were at the party last night, weren’t you?
Richie: I sure was! I guess you’re the first person I have to fight.
Lorelei: Indeed, I am. I’m an Ice-type trainer, so you might want to use some Pokémon that have an advantage against Ice-types.
Richie: Well, I’ve got just the one; my Charmeleon! Go, Zippo!
Lorelei: A Charmeleon, huh? I guess I’ll use...Cloyster!!! Not only is Cloyster an Ice Pokemon, it’s also a Water Pokemon, which means that it also has an advantage over your Charmeleon.
Brock: The match between Richie and Lorelei is about to begin! Each trainer may use three Pokémon, and whoever’s Pokémon is the last one standing wins!
Ash: Be careful, Richie. This could be tricky.
Richie: Don’t worry. I’ve got it all under control!
Brock: And....begin!!!
Lorelei: Cloyster, use Blizzard!
Richie: Zippo, use Flamethrower!
[The heat from Flamethrower melts all of the snowballs that Cloyster sent out]
Lorelei: Impressive. You’ve got some skills, kid.
Richie: Use Flamethrower again!
Lorelei: Okay, now use Reflect!
[Cloyster creates a wall of light that sends Flamethrower back at Zippo]
Richie: Zippo, are you okay?!?
Lorelei: This is too easy! Use Blizzard again!
Richie: Dodge it!
[Zippo manages to get out of the way]
Richie: Tackle it!
Lorelei: But Charmeleon can’t use Tackle!
Richie: Well, mine can!!!
[He’s right. Zippo successfully attacks Cloyster with a Tackle. Then, Cloyster’s eyes start glowing an ominous red color.]
Richie: What’s that?!?
Lorelei: You just triggered Cloyster’s Rage attack! Use your special move!
[Using a combination of Take Down and Aurora Beam, Cloyster knocks Zippo out for good.]
Brock: Charmeleon is unable to battle! Lorelei wins!
Richie: Return, Zippo. You deserve a break.
Ash: Hey, don’t feel too bad, Richie. She used that same trick on me when I battled her.
Lorelei: Alright, short-stuff, who do you have next?
Richie: My loyal companion, Sparky!!!
Lorelei: So, you’ve got a Pikachu, too, I see. Now you’re just trying to speed up your demise.
Richie: Oh, I wouldn’t count on it. Sparky is a lot stronger than you think! Use Thunder!
Lorelei: Withdraw!
[But Cloyster gets a Direct Hit from Thunder before he can fully Withdraw into his shell. This knocks him out.]
Lorelei: Cloyster, no!!
Brock: Cloyster is unable to battle! The winner of that round is Richie!
Lorelei: I stand corrected. Maybe you’re not so weak after all.

-Vermillion Gym-

Jenny: Can you describe to me what you were doing just before this happened?
Surge: To tell ya da truth, I didn’t even hear anythin’. I was just moppin’ da floors while listenin’ to my Stevie Wonder songs, and I decided to clean out here in da lobby. Dat’s when I saw all dis broken glass.
Jenny: Do you know what type of weapon was used to break this window?
Surge: I dunno.
Male officer: Officer Jenny! Come here! I found some security camera footage of the attack!
Jenny: Really? Well, let’s see it, then!
[The video shows a bright red beam shining through the window, which then breaks.]
Male officer: There’s your answer.
Jenny: Hmmm....it would appear to be some sort of laser beam.
Surge: A laser beam?!? How is dat possible?!?

Author’s note: Oh, it’s more likely than you think, Lieutenant! So, this chapter sets a subplot that will be running throughout the story, where Richie tries to battle the Elite Four. This chapter is also my first time writing for one of the Gym Leaders, in this case, Lt. Surge. I tried to make him as obnoxiously American as possible, with his Brooklyn accent, and his love for 80s pop songs.

Chapter 3

Back at the Plateau, Richie has just taken out Lorelei’s Slowbro.

Brock: Slowbro is unable to battle! This round goes to Richie!
Richie: Alright!!
Lorelei: Now I have only one Pokémon left. Lucky for me, it’s also my most powerful. Go, Lapras!
Richie: Sparky, let’s go easy on her Lapras. I’ve heard that she’s had it since she was a kid.
Lorelei: Yes, I have! Lapras and I go a long way back. Even in her advanced age, she still has a few tricks up her sleeve. For example, use Body Slam!!!
[Richie was not expecting this move, and this, has no time to warn Sparky before Lapras lands on top of him. Sparky lies on the ground, unconscious.]
Brock: Sparky is unable to battle! Lorelei wins this round!!!
Richie: Don’t worry, Sparky. I’ll avenge you!
Lorelei: So now we’ve tied things up. Which Pokémon do you have left?
Richie: Oh, you’ll like this one, trust me! Go, Cruise!!
Lorelei: A Tyranitar?
Richie: Cruise is the strongest Pokémon I have, which is lucky for me, but, not so much for you!
Lorelei: Lapras, use Body Slam again!
[Lapras lands on top of Cruise, but it has no effect on him because of his size.]
Richie: Did you really think that was going to work?!?
Lorelei: I’m not giving up yet! Now, use Blizzard!
Richie: Dodge it!!!
[Cruise moves out of the way at the last second, leaving Blizzard to freeze Brock instead.]
Lorelei: Lapras, you were supposed to freeze the kid’s Tyranitar, not the referee!
Richie: Now that we’ve got them distracted, use Scary Face!
[Lapras freezes at the sight of Cruise’s Scary Face. This gives Richie another opportunity.]
Richie: Finish it up with Stone Edge!
[Cruise delivers a final blow to Lapras, knocking her out.]
Lorelei: Lapras, no!!!!
Ash: Lapras is unable to battle, which means that our winner is Richie!!!
Richie: Aw yeah! Gimme five, Cruise! You’re the bomb!
Lorelei: Congrats, kid. You did well.
Richie: You did great, too! That Cloyster was really tough for me to beat!
Ash: Now that you’ve beaten her, you get to move on to the next member of the Elite Four!
Richie: Yeah, but who is it?
[The next member, Bruno, shows up]
Bruno: That would be me. I take it you’ve defeated Lorelei, huh?
Richie: Yes, I did!
Bruno: Great work! Don’t expect me to be any easier, though. Lorelei was just going easy on you, but me, I’m tough as nails! Tomorrow morning, we meet at this same spot, and battle!
Richie: Agreed!

-Team Rocket HQ-

Giovanni sits in his office, with his Persian relaxing on his lap. Suddenly, his three least favorite people in the world barge their way in.

Giovanni: Ugh, what do you morons want?
James: Are you feeling better?!?
Meowth: Anything we can get ya?!?
Jessie: Want us to poach some more primo Pokémon?
James: Should we steal a Steelix for you, or should we pilfer a Poliwhirl?
Meowth: How’s about we grab us a Grimer, or bag a Bagon?
Jessie: He doesn’t want something as gross as a Grimer! What he wants is something pretty, like a Vulpix or a Vivillon!
James: I say he needs a Nincada or a Ninetales.
Jessie: Who would want a Nincada? I think we should swipe a Scyther or a Scizor! Maybe even a Seismitoad, too!
Meowth: How ‘bout we hit him up with a Hitmonlee or a Honchkrow?
James: Well, I think that....
Giovanni: QUIET!!!!!!!! Would you please stop with the alliteration?!!!? It’s driving me nuts!
James: Sorry, sir.
Giovanni: You did it again!!!
James: I’m sorry! I couldn’t help it!
Giovanni: Get out of my office THIS INSTANT!!!!
[Giovanni shoots a laser out of his robotic right hand. Jessie, James, and Meowth panic, and hightail it out of the office.]
Giovanni: That should take care of them for a while.

Outside of the office....

James: That was scary!!!
Meowth: I don’t wanna see dat again!
Jessie: Me too!
Wobbuffet: Wobba!
Jessie: You weren’t even here!
James: Is it me, or has the boss gotten angrier since he almost died?
Jessie: Well, he’s Giovanni! He’s supposed to be mean!
Meowth: Yeah, but not dis mean....
James: What if he makes us into robots too?!!!??
Jessie: Nobody’s gonna make a robot out of me!! I’m much too gorgeous!!!
James: [mutters under his breath] You wish...
Jessie: WHAT WAS THAT???!!!???
James: You heard nothing!!!!! Leave me alone!!!!
Wobbuffet: Wooooooobbuffet!!!

Author’s note: This chapter was a lot of fun to write, especially the part where Team Rocket goes all-out alliteration! Giovanni’s reaction in that scene is pretty much how feel whenever I watch a TPCi episode that has Team Rocket in it.

Last edited:
Chapter ????

Announcer: We interrupt this fanfiction to bring you a special report! Here’s Walter Concrete with details.
Walter: Good evening, folks. Our top story tonight is a bizarre series of vandalizations that have been occurring over the past 20 hours. The first incident occurred in Kanto, at the Vermillion Gym. Matis Surge, the proprietor of the gym, has this to say:
[cuts to a previously recorded interview with Lt. Surge at his gym]
Surge: Dis is messed up! Someone shot a laser beam through my window! And when I went to take out da trash this morning, my garbage can had dirty words written on it!
[cuts back to the studio]
Walter: It wasn’t just in Kanto, however. In Johto, Falkner of the Violet City Gym reported a decapitated statue on his front lawn. Meanwhile, in Hoenn, the Petalburg Gym Leader, Norman, came home to find a gigantic hole in his front door, along with several missing pieces of furniture. In Sinnoh, Veilstone Gym Leader Maylene discovered a giant skull-and-crossbones made out of siding taken off of her house. In Kalos, Lumiose City’s Gym Leader, Clemont, reported the destruction of his robot assistant. And right here in Unova, Lenora, of the Nacrene Gym, was the victim of a break-in. You may have noticed a pattern to these events; so far, the targets have all been Gym Leaders. But who is responsible? Only time will tell....

This chapter is dedicated to Jenny Jones, a friend of my mother’s, who was sadly murdered by her husband a few days ago.

Chapter 4

That night, the gang decides to have dinner in Viridian City. Unfortunately, when they arrive, the whole area is cordoned off. It appears that there has been some sort of explosion, and people are being taken away in ambulances.

Richie: What in the world happened here?!?
Ash: Look, there’s Officer Jenny. Maybe she can tell us what’s going on.
Brock: Leave that to me! OFFICER JENNY, I NEED YOU!!!!
Jenny: Young man, where do you think you’re going?
Brock: I just came over here to ask you....WOULD YOU PLEASE LET ME BE YOUR MAN?!!!???
Max: Come on, move along, nothing to see here.
Brock: Not the ear! AUUUGGGGHHH!!!!
Ash: Sorry about that. Can you tell us what’s going on here?
Jenny: About an hour ago, there was a big explosion. It happened right in the middle of our annual parade. Everyone was all happy, having a good time, but then, BANG!
May: That’s horrible...
Ash: Do you know what caused this to happen?
Jenny: We’re not sure. We think it may have something to do with that wrecked tanker truck.
[Brock takes a look at the damage, and notices something unusual]
Brock: Hmm, that’s weird. It looks like this tanker was cut open by a laser.
Male officer: Hey, you’re right. This has been cut open by a laser!
Jenny: The oil must have had some kind of chemical reaction to the laser, which caused it to explode.
Ash: I wonder who could have done this...
May: Probably someone who doesn’t like parades!

At this moment, the culprit himself comes down from the sky.

Giovanni: Here’s your culprit right here! Did you miss me?
Ash: Giovanni?? You can fly????
Giovanni: How do you all like my new “enhancements”? I call this one my “LASER FINGER 2000”! Check out what it can do!

He aims it at one of the ambulances, and it explodes within seconds. Injured people fly into the air, until a caped figure swoops in and saves them.

Giovanni: Who are you?!?
Figure: I am the one who will bring justice to the world, the one who will right all wrongs. I am........GLIGARMAN!!!
Ash: Gligarman?!?
Richie: You know this weirdo?!?
Brock: While we were traveling in Johto, we came across this old guy who ran a comic book store. Turns out, he was really a superhero named Gligarman!
Ash: But where’s your Gligar?
Giovanni: Oh, I’m sorry. Are you looking for this little guy?
[Giovanni is holding his hands around the poor little Gligar’s neck.]
Gligarman: Unhand Gligar this minute, you fiend!
Giovanni: I’m taking him as my hostage. If you’ll excuse me, I’ve gotta fly now. Bye!

At that moment, another caped figure shows up, and grabs Gligar away.

Gligarman: Ah, there you are! I thought you’d never get here!
Brock: [gets giddy] Is that who I think it is?!!?
Gligirl: I’m Gligirl! Faithful sidekick of Gligarman!
Brock: YAYYYYY!!!!!
Max: Oh no, here we go again...
Gligarman: Where were you when I needed you a few minutes ago? That robot man just blew up an ambulance!
Gligirl: What robot man?
[When he turns to take a look, it appears that Giovanni has snuck off.]
Ash: He’s gone!!!
Jenny: Then we’ve gotta find him before he can cause any more damage!
Gligarman: Never fear! Gligarman is here! I’ll use my supersonic hearing to locate him!
[Gligarman struggles for a minute, trying to use his “hearing” power, but in the end, only looks like he’s trying to take a dump.]
Gligirl: Um, Dad, you don’t have supersonic hearing, remember?
Gligarman: Have patience, Latoya! I know what I’m doing here!
Gligirl: Gligar, see if you can find him. Dad’s clearly not very healthy.
[Gligar scans the landscape for any signs of Giovanni. But, since Giovanni is now partly made of metal, it’s a little tricky to locate him. After a few minutes, the brave little bat finds him, and points excitedly in his direction.]
Gligarman: What’s that, boy? You say you’ve found him?
[Gligar nods]
Ash: Well, what are we waiting for?!? Let’s go find him!

Author’s note: Gligarman is one of my favorite one-shot characters. I’ve always wanted to put him in one of my fan fictions! The last couple of days have been stressful for my family, and this story was just what I needed to feel better.

Chapter 5

WARNING: This chapter contains someone dying in a gruesome way. Reader’s discretion is advised.

Gligarman: Follow me, everybody! I’ll locate this rowdy robot man!
[he jumps into the air, attempting to fly, but he fails]
Gligarman: Oh, right! I suddenly remembered that I can’t fly! We’ll just have to walk!
Gligirl: Why couldn’t I have a normal dad?

Elsewhere, Giovanni is causing mischief with his new powers. He blows up a nearby water tower, causing water to flood the town. Then, he uses his laser to write his name in the ground. At the local shopping center, he enters a department store and sets the clothing section on fire. Luckily, his path of destruction has made it easy for our heroes to track him down.

Jenny: Freeze! Your reign of terror has come to an end!
Giovanni: Oh yeah?!? Try and stop me!!!
[Jenny’s assistants surround Giovanni and put him in handcuffs. But he has a trick up his sleeve. Somehow, he retracts his hands out of the cuffs, and destroys them with his lasers.]
Male officer: Impossible! Those cuffs are laser-proof!
Ash: And look at that! He’s run off again!!!
Richie: Where did he run off to now, Gligarman?
Gligarman: Drat! He’s too far away for Gligar to track with his supersonic hearing! Now there’s only one thing left for me to do!
Max: And that is....?
Gligarman: Give up! Gligar, Gligirl, we’re out of here! If you ever need me again, use this Gligar signal!
[He hands Ash a small remote that has a button reading “Call Gligarman” on it. Then, the superhero throws a smoke bomb, and he and his colleagues disappear.]
Max: Some superhero he turned out to be! He couldn’t even bother to go after Giovanni!
May: Max, give him time! I’m sure he’ll find him eventually....whenever that is.....

-Team Rocket HQ-

Sebastian: But sir!
Giovanni: But nothing! I’m relieving you of your duties, Sebastian!
Sebastian: You can’t fire me! I’m one of your most trusted scientists!
Giovanni: I can and I will! You’ve been a very bad man for trying to take over Team Rocket during my recovery!
Sebastian: I did no such thing! You’re the one who told me to fill in for you!
Giovanni: Do you want me to make you leave?!?
Sebastian: I’m staying right where I am!
Giovanni: Well, then. It seems as though I’m being challenged. [Giovanni unveils his laser finger] This should take care of you...
Sebastian: What’s that?
Giovanni: I’m sorry, Professor, but you’ve outlived your usefulness.
[Laser charges up]
Sebastian: No! Please!!! Don’t do it!!!
Giovanni: Bye-bye, Sebastian....it was nice knowing you....
Sebastian: Stop! You don’t know what you’re doin-AGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!
[The laser makes contact with Professor Sebastian. His suffering is relatively short, and within seconds, is nothing but a pile of ashes.]
Giovanni: [chuckles] Anyone up for some hamburgers?!?

Elsewhere, at the Team Rocket Cybernetics Center, Sebastian’s fellow members are expecting his arrival.

Zager: Where the heck is he?
Hun: He’s never been this late before.
Attila: He was supposed to help us with this new project!
Giovanni: Sorry to interrupt the proceedings here, but Professor Sebastian’s services will no longer be required.
Hun: Why? What happened!
Giovanni: He had to “check out”, if you know what I mean...
Zager: You...killed him?!!?? You monster!!! We needed his help to finish this new project of yours!
Giovanni: No, we don’t. Besides, it looks as though you’re almost done with your work. All it needs are a couple more pieces, and you’ll be finished.
Attila: So, what is this thing we’re working on, exactly?
Giovanni: I’m glad you asked! This is my new mecha body! The one that I have now is fine enough, but with this one, I can rule the world!
Hun: But, it’s huge!!!
Giovanni: That’s exactly the point, Hun. Now get back to work and finish it up! I want it ready by tomorrow!!!!

The Next Day

-Indigo Plateau-

Richie: Looks like you’ve got only one Pokémon left, Bruno!
Bruno: Looks like I could say the same for you, kid!
[Only Richie’s Charmeleon is left, while Bruno only has his Hitmonchan.]
Bruno: I choose Hitmonchan!
Richie: A Fighting Type? This should be no problem. Zippo, Blast Burn!
Bruno: Dodge it!
Richie: You can’t keep dodging my attacks forever, Bruno! That’s all you’ve been doing since I brought Zippo out!
Bruno: Quiet, kid! I know what I’m doing here! Now, Hitmonchan, use Thunder Punch!
Richie: I don’t think so...use Fire Spin!!!
[Hitmonchan is surrounded by a wall of flame that proves too much for him to handle. He faints.]
Brock: Hitmonchan is unable to battle!!! The winner is Richie!!!!
Richie: Sweet! I beat another Elite Four member!
Bruno: You did well, kid. That’s the most fun I’ve had in a battle for a long time.
Ash: Awesome job, Richie!!! You get to move on!
Brock: Congratulations!
May: Yeah, well done!
Ash: Hey, Max! Aren’t you gonna congratulate Richie, too?
[Max is focused on something off in the distance.]
Max: [shaking with fear] Is...THAT...who you have to face next?
[The thing in question is a giant robot which has suddenly appeared on the scene.]
Bruno: What’s that thing doing here?!?

Author’s note: From this point forward, the story will start to get a little violent. I won’t be afraid to show people getting brutally injured, or even killed in some cases.

Chapter 6

Giovanni: Well, what do you know?!? It’s you folks, again! I don’t know why you keep following me, but, as long as you’re here, you will be the first to witness the awesome power of my Mecha-Boss-O-Tron 3000! If you thought my regular laser was bad, wait’ll you see this one!

[The Boss-O-Tron’s laser is thousands of times more powerful than Giovanni’s. It rips the ground open, creating a deep fissure. It can even disintegrate rocks with little effort.]

Ash: Come on, guys! We’ve gotta get away from that thing!
Brock: We’re right behind you!
Giovanni: Where do you all think you’re going?!? I haven’t even shown you what else my robot can do! Observe...

[He presses a green button with the word “Pain” on it, and it produces a huge saw. Swinging it back and forth, it knocks over trees and rock formations. One tree falls on a small wooden house, crushing it. From the ruins, one of the members of the Elite Four, Lance, crawls out, seemingly unharmed.]

Lance: What in Arceus’ name is going on?!?
Bruno: Lance! You’re alright!
Lance: Yeah, but my house isn’t! Have you beaten Richie yet?
Bruno: That doesn’t matter anymore! We’ve got a big problem on our hands!
Ash: Literally! Giovanni’s going to kill us with his giant robot!
Lance: Giovanni’s back? I thought he was killed in that building collapse!
May: So did we, but he got rebuilt into a half-man, half-robot!
Richie: This is just like one of those late-night science fiction movies, but this one’s REAL!!!!
Giovanni: Ah, there you are! Were you trying to hide from me? Nobody hides from Giovanni and lives!!! Come back here!!!
Bruno: Follow us, Lance! We’ve got to escape to the city!
Lance: Oh, I’m way ahead of you!
[Our heroes run away from the plateau and head for the nearest city.]
Giovanni: So, they’re heading for the city, eh? Wait’ll they see what I have in store for them there....

Meanwhile, in New Tork City, at the headquarters of the Pokémon League, a meeting is being held between high-ranking officials and Gym Leaders, discussing the rash of vandalism.

Charles Goodshow: Thank you all for coming here today. My friend, Raoul Contesta, of the Pokémon Activities Committee, would like to start things off.
Raoul Contesta: Thanks, Charles. Hello, my name is Raoul Contesta. Normally, I’d be accompanied by my assistant, Mr. Sukizo, from the Pokémon Fan Club, but he seems to be running late. We’ve gathered you all here to contemplate a course of action against the perpetrator or perpetrators of these heinous crimes. Unfortunately, one of our Gym Leaders, namely, Erika, of Celadon City, could not make it, as she was a victim of one of these incidents.
[gasps amongst the crowd]
Raoul: Yes, I know. It’s rather sad. Last night, she was watering her garden, when someone threw a lawnmower at her head, knocking her out.
[more gasps]
Raoul: Anyway, as I’m sure you’ve all noticed by now, all of the targets of these incidents have been Gym Leaders. You Gym Leaders need to stick together, because, one of these times, the vandals will surprise us without any warning. That’s why, with the cooperation of the police force, we’ve taken the liberty of installing special communications systems in each of your gyms that allows each of you to contact one another in case of any emergencies. The safety of our Gym Leaders and Trainers is essential. Are there any questions? How about you, Rudy, from Trovitopolis?
Rudy: Will this be enough to stop the vandals? I mean, have you even tested it yet?
Goodshow: As a matter of fact, we have. The other day, we had some of our Officer Jennys test it out. The results were, if you’ll excuse me, quite a good show!
Surge: I have a question, too!
Raoul: Ah, yes, what is your question, Lieutenant?
Surge: Um, I left somethin’ in da back of my car. Can I go get it?
Goodshow: I have no idea what that has to do with this meeting, but, sure. Go right ahead.

Back in the forest, our heroes are about two miles from Viridian City. A most bizarre smell has been filling the air for the last few minutes or so. And it seems to emanating from the direction of the city.

Brock: Okay, now that smell is driving me crazy! What the heck is it?!!??
May: I don’t know, but it smells a lot like gasoline and smoke.
Lance: That can’t be good.
[Lance sends out his Dragonite and gets on his back]
Lance: Dragonite, fly me up into the air so I can locate that smell. I think I have a pretty good idea of what it might be.
[Dragonite and Lance rise up into the sky, scanning the landscape for anything unusual. After a few seconds, something catches his eye.]
Ash: What do you see up there?
Lance: It’s just as I feared. Viridian City is on fire!!
Bruno: What?!!?? How?!!??
Lance: I don’t know, but we’d better go and find out!

Author’s note: What will our heroes find there? You’ll have to wait until the next chapter to find out!

Last edited:
WARNING: This chapter features vivid descriptions of burn victims, and use of firearms. Proceed at your own risk...

Chapter 7

When our heroes arrive in Viridian City, a disturbing sight awaits them. Three whole blocks of the city are ablaze in a massive inferno. Firefighters and police officers rush to and from each building, escorting people outside. Nurse Joys carry burn victims into their ambulances.

Bruno: How could this have happened?
Max: I don’t know, but I’m scared!
May: Me too!
[Someone starts calling for help from one of the burning buildings. Dragonite is the only one who can hear it, and quickly alerts Lance.]
Lance: What’s that, you say? Someone’s trapped in that restaurant? We’d better go save them!
Ash: I’ll help! Greninja will put out that fire!
Brock: Marshtomp can help, too!
May: Good luck, you guys!
Max: Will they make it back out alive?
Bruno: Have faith in them...
[Ash, Brock, and Lance reach the burning restaurant, but the fire chief stops them.]
Fire Chief: Where do you guys think you’re going? Do you wanna get burned?!?
Ash: We heard someone calling for help in there! We’ve got to help them!
Brock: Our water Pokémon can help us!
Fire Chief: Sorry, but we’ve already got some water Pokémon here. The Squirtle Squad is giving us a hand.
Firefighter: Sir, the Squirtle Squad have tired themselves out! They don’t want to help anymore!
Brock: What was that about the Squirtle Squad assisting you?
Fire Chief: [sighs] Alright, fine, but put these breathing apparatuses on! One whiff of that smoke and you could die instantly!

Inside the restaurant, the heat is intense. The temperature on the wall thermometer is 125 degrees Fahrenheit! Our heroes search the inferno for the person in trouble. Brock gasps when he turns over a table. Hiding underneath it is an Officer Jenny.

Brock: HOLY COW!!! I’LL SAVE YOU, OFFICER JENNYYYY!!!!!
[Brock picks her up and runs out of the restaurant, carrying her all the way to an ambulance.]
Brock: Get her to the hospital as soon as you can! She’s very badly burned!!

By nightfall, the fires are all extinguished. Thanks to the valiant efforts of the emergency personnel, the casualties are expected to be very few. While Ash and Lance help with cleanup at the restaurant, Brock has gone to the hospital to check on the Officer Jenny he saved.

Jenny: Wh-where am I...?
Brock: YAY!!! SHE’S AWAKE!!!!! Everyone, come in here, she’s awake!
[Dr. Proctor and several Nurse Joys come running into the room.]
Proctor: That’s very good news! Maybe she can tell us what happened.
[Jenny has second degree burns all over her arms and legs. Now that she’s awake, Brock tries to get a better look at her.]
Brock: Wait a minute! I’ve seen you before! You’re the Jenny we saw at the aftermath of the explosion yesterday! What happened?
Jenny: I was just getting lunch at my favorite restaurant, when all of a sudden, someone from the building next door came in and told us that it was on fire. I helped all the other patrons evacuate, but before I could get out, the fire spread to where I was, and I was trapped! And the next thing I remember was this young man coming to save me.
Brock: That would be me, thank you very much!
Joy: Let’s turn on the TV. I’m sure they’re talking about this.
[They turn to PLBC, where the 6 o’clock news is just beginning...]

Announcer: Live, from Saffron City, this is PLBC, the Pokémon League Broadcasting Company. Here’s your reporter, Dan Rathernot.
Dan: Good evening, folks. Let’s get to our top story. For the second time in two days, Viridian City has been rocked by a terrifying disaster. Three city blocks have been ravaged by a vicious inferno. Our reporter at our Viridian bureau, Jude Hambone, has more details. What’s the situation, Jude?
Jude: Well, Dan, the fire is now out, but cleanup is going to take quite some time. Damage totals are estimated at somewhere near $65,000,000.
Dan: Has the fire department found a cause yet?
Jude: Yes, they have. They found traces of gasoline in the remains of one building, so they have reason to believe that this was a deliberate act. I spoke with Fire Chief Russo a few minutes ago, and he told me that the person responsible is in big, big trouble.
Dan: Indeed, they are. Police are offering a reward to anyone who turns the perpetrator in. In other news, several Pokémon League officials and Gym Leaders met in Unova this morning to announce an ambitious plan to quell the vandalism problem that has plagued them for the past few days. They will be installing a special communication system that allows the Gym Leaders to contact each other in case of an emergency. Charles Goodshow, the man in charge of all Pokémon League activities, explained to us how this wil-
[Suddenly, the signal disappears into a flurry of static]
Brock: Hey, something happened to the news signal!
Proctor: [disappointed] Now I’ll never know how that system works....
[Then, a new image appears on screen; it’s someone whose face has become all too familiar to Brock...]
Giovanni: Greetings, citizens of Kanto. This is your new ruler, Giovanni, speaking to you. I have something extremely important to discuss with you, my audience. So, listen up! I am currently holding the president of the Pokémon Fan Club, Mr. Sukizo, as my hostage.
[the camera pans down to reveal that Giovanni is pointing a gun to Sukizo’s head]
Sukizo: Someone please save me!
Giovanni: Be quiet, hostage, or I’ll blast you full of lead! Anyway, if you ever want to see this man again, please bring to me the one they call Ash Ketchum. If my request is not met by 9:00 tonight, then Sukizo gets it!
[Giovanni’s signal disappears and the news returns]
Dan: Okay, we apologize for that interruption.

Brock: Did you see that? That creep has Mr. Sukizo in chains!
Jenny: First, he blows up the parade, now this?! Someone has to stop this madman before he can hurt anyone else!

Ash and friends saw Giovanni’s interruption, too. They are currently thinking about what they should do.

Ash: Guys, I’ve made my decision. I’m going to give Giovanni what he wants!
Lance: Are you crazy?!? You’ll never make it back alive!
Ash: I can’t stand to see Giovanni hurting any more people! This is my only choice. May, would you please take care of Pikachu for me?
May: If that’s what you want, Ash, then, okay.
Ash: Good luck, you guys! You’ll need it!
[With that, Ash runs off into the forest to confront Giovanni. A few minutes later, Brock returns.]
Brock: Hey, where’s Ash?
Bruno: He went off to face Giovanni all by himself.
Brock: He didn’t!!!
May: He did! And he left Pikachu behind with us!
Brock: Ash doesn’t know what he’s up against. We have to help him!
Max: Hey, Brock, how’s your “girlfriend” doing in the hospital?!?
May: Max, be nice!
Brock: How DARE you insult her like that! If you must know, she’s extremely grateful that I saved her life! When she’s all better, hopefully, we’ll start talking about marriage plans!
Max: In your dreams.
Lance: Forget about that, now! We’ve got to save Ash! And I know just how we’re going to do it....

In Cerulean City, Misty receives a phone call from Lance. She then proceeds to call Koga in Fuschia City, who then calls Blaine on Cinnabar Island, and it goes on until all of the Gym Leaders have contacted each other, using their new communications system. They have one thing in mind; the safe retrieval of Ash and Mr. Sukizo...

Author’s note: Now we get to the real meat of the story. In the next chapter, Giovanni’s big plan will finally be revealed. Don’t miss it!

Chapter 8

Ash arrives at Team Rocket HQ. The guards, who have been expecting him, escort him to a place where very few have escaped from...Giovanni’s office!

Ash: I believe you were expecting me?
Giovanni: Ah, so you decided to give yourself up, huh? How very bold of you, Ketchum. Guards, leave us. I have important matters to discuss with this young man.
Guards: Sir, yes sir!
Giovanni: Now that we’re alone, we can get down to business.
Ash: If this is about Pikachu, you can just forget it! I left him behind with my friends so you couldn’t get your greedy hands on him!
Giovanni: A wise move, on your part, but I’m not interested in your Pikachu anymore.
Ash: You’re not? Then why did you want me to come here?
Giovanni: What I really want is that amazing Greninja of yours!
Ash: No way! I made a promise to him that I’d protect him from evil forever! That includes criminals like you!
Giovanni: Harsh words, boy. Let me make myself clear. If you don’t hand me that Greninja right now, there will be serious consequences.
Ash: How serious?
Giovanni: Oh, I don’t know, how about....YOUR LIFE??!!!!???
Ash: Nope! Still not gonna give him up!
Giovanni: So you wanna play tough, do you? Hand him over or else I’ll do something to your friends!
Ash: Leave them out of this!
Giovanni: Too late. They’d already gotten themselves involved when they foiled my little “accident” in Viridian yesterday.
Ash: Wait, you were behind that fire in Viridian City? I should have known!
Giovanni: Yes, I was! Not only that, I’m also responsible for all the vandalism that’s been going on lately!
Ash: But, why? What do you have against Gym Leaders?
Giovanni: Revenge, my boy. Back when I first started out as Gym Leader, I became notorious for my rather unorthodox methods of battling my challengers. Most days, I let my grunts do the work for me, but, on days when I showed up, trainers were in for a surprise! Nobody was able to beat me for many years. That is, until HE showed up....
Ash: Who’s “he”?
Giovanni: A man who called himself Tobias.
Ash: I know him! That’s the guy who beat me at the Sinnoh League!
Giovanni: Oh, that’s right, I forgot you were familiar with him. Anyway, he had a powerful team of legendaries, some of which I had never seen before. He wiped out all of my Pokémon in ten minutes! After my defeat, things only got worse for me. Several young trainers came forward with stories claiming that I had permanently injured their Pokémon with my aggressive battling style. All of the other Gym Leaders shunned me after this, and I was forced to go into hiding. Then, my mother, whom everyone called Madame Boss, came to me and offered to let me take over her position as the leader of a criminal syndicate, better known as Team Rocket! I’ve spent all those years since then planning to overthrow the Pokémon League, using all of the Pokémon we’ve stolen over the years!
Ash: You’ll never overthrow the Pokémon League! We won’t let you!
Giovanni: Yes, my plans have always had interference, not only from you annoying kids, but from others as well. A man by the name of Dr. Fuji promised me a super powerful Pokémon named Mewtwo. I used him for a while, but then he betrayed me and tried to take over the world by himself! To replace him, I created Super Mewtwo, with the assistance of Dr. Gordon and Mr. Forthright of course, but he also betrayed me and joined up with you kids instead! And my latest plan to get PETP off of my backs failed when they tricked me into blowing up those fake buildings, costing me my arms and legs in the process. But this time, I’m not going to fail, because I have the main source of all my problems right here!
Sukizo: Um, hello?!? Can I please leave now?!?
Giovanni: Oh, right, I forgot to let that guy go. You are free to leave.
Sukizo: Alright! This is remarkable!
[Sukizo excitedly runs out of the room to his freedom]
Giovanni: So, boy, what will it be? Are you going to give me that Greninja, or will I have to press “THE BUTTON”?
Ash: What’s “The Button”?
Giovanni: Something I only press in times of dire emergency. It releases cyanide in the immediate area around this facility. Should you refuse to give your Pokémon to me, I’ll release the gas on your friends!
Ash: No!!! Don’t!!! I’ll give him to you! [breaks down crying] Just don’t poison my friends!
Giovanni: That’s a good boy. Hand him over...
[Ash lets Greninja out of his PokeBall. The Frog Pokémon worriedly examines his surroundings, until his eyes come face to face with Giovanni!]
Giovanni: Ah, there you are, my little froggy friend! Are you ready for some fun?????

Elsewhere, Ash’s friends have amassed an army of angry Gym Leaders and League officials. They all march towards Team Rocket’s HQ with the intent of saving their friend. Mr. Sukizo suddenly runs out and meets them.

Raoul: Sukizo, what are you doing out here?
Sukizo: He let me go, but he’s got young Ash in there as his prisoner! He also said he was behind all of those attacks that have been happening!
[gasps]
Brock: That just makes me hate him even more!!! Richie: Yeah! Let’s finish him off for good!!!
Bruno: But what if he brings that giant robot thingy back? We’ll never defeat that thing!
Lance: It’s possible, but we’ve got him outnumbered. Now, let’s go over our plan. Each of you will all go into that building in groups based on what type of Pokémon you use. Sabrina, you’ll be in charge of the Psychic Type Trainers!
Sabrina: Yes, sir!
Goodshow: Leading the Water Type Trainers will be Misty!
Misty: Yes, sir!
Raoul: Chuck, you’ll be leading the Fighting Type Trainers!
Chuck: Yes, sir!
Lance: Surge, you’ll lead the Electric Type Trainers!
Surge: You got it, boss man!
Goodshow: Flannery is in charge of the Fire Type Trainers!
Flannery: Yes, sir!
Lance: Ice Types will be led by Wulfric!
Wulfric: Yes, sir!
Brock: I get to lead the Rock Types, right?!?
Lance: Yes, Brock, you do.
Brock: Oh boy!!! And best of all, the lovely Jasmine is helping me with the Steel Types!!
Goodshow: The Bug Types will be led by Bugsy!
Bugsy: Yes, sir!
Raoul: Ghost Type Trainers will follow Morty!
Morty: Yes, sir!
Lance: Dragon Type Trainers will go with Clair and myself!
Clair: Yes, sir!
Raoul: Flying Types will follow Falkner!
Falkner: Yes, sir!
Lance: Normal Type Trainers are with Norman!
Norman: Yes, sir!
Goodshow: And Cilan will be in charge of the Grass Type Trainers!
Cilan: IT’S RESCUE TIME!
Lance: Does everyone understand their positions?!?
All: YES, SIR!!!!
Lance: Alright, let’s move in!

The army arrives on Team Rocket’s property. Naturally, the guard at the front gate is shocked by all of the people standing in front of him.

Gate guard: Can I help you?
May: We’d like to see the boss, please.
Gate guard: I’m afraid I can’t do that. The boss is very busy at the moment, but I can schedule an appointment with him for-AGGHHHH!!!
[Chuck’s Machoke knocks the guard out. His head falls right on the button that opens the gate.]
Chuck: Thanks, Machoke! Now let’s get in there and fight!
[Upon their entry, Giovanni’s secretary panics and sets off the danger alarm.]
Intercom: Warning! Warning! Intruder Alert! Intruder Alert! All Team Rocket Grunts prepare for action!

-Giovanni’s Office-

Giovanni: Do you hear that, boy? Your friends have arrived, and they’ve brought a whole bunch of Gym Leaders, too!
Ash: Alright! They’re gonna wipe the floor with you guys!
Giovanni: I wouldn’t be so sure of that. My grunts easily outnumber them. And I’m sure you remember my new invention, the Mecha Boss-O-Tron 3000, don’t you? Once I get inside, victory is as good as mine! I’m going to go get it ready, and I’m taking Greninja with me! You must stay there, although that shouldn’t be too much of a problem for you, now that you’re all “tied up”! Hahahaha!!

-West Hallway A-

Chuck has led the Fighting Type Trainers down to the western part of the facility.

Brawly: Like, don’t look now, dudes, but I spot some Team Rocket grunts on the horizon!
[The grunts, led by Domino, are blocking the hallway]
Domino: And just what do you guys think you’re doing?
Chuck: We’re here to rescue our friend, Ash!
Domino: Well, if you wanna save him, you’ve gotta go through us first!
Maylene: That sounds like a challenge! And I’m ready to accept it!
Chuck: Me too!
Korrina: Me three!
Domino: Cover me, boys. This looks like trouble!
Brawly: Go, Machop!
Chuck: Go, Machoke!
Maylene: Go, Machamp!
Korrina: Go, Lucario!
Maylene: No way! You’ve got a Lucario too?
Korrina: OMG! We’ve got so much in common!
Chuck: Girls, enough gossip, and get ready to battle!
Maylene: Sorry, Chuck!
Domino: Are you ready to fail......?????

Author’s note: Here we are at the climax! So many unanswered questions! What’s Giovanni planning to do with Greninja? How is Ash gonna get himself out of this one? Does Chuck have Domino outmatched? Will Brock earn the affection of Jasmine? All these questions (except for that last one) will be answered next time!

Last edited:
Chapter 9

-Center Hallway D-

Flannery: Alright, Fire Types, follow me!
Blaine: How come she gets to be the leader? She’s just a kid! I’m the most experienced one here!
Flannery: Want me to sic my Typhlosion on you?
Blaine: Not if I attack you with my Rhydon first!
Flannery: That’s not even a Fire Type!
Chili: Stop it! We’re never gonna find Ash if you two keep fighting! Get a hold of yourselves!

Accompanying the Fire Type Leaders are the Normal Types, led by Norman. May and Max follow behind their father.

Norman: Stay close to me, kids. I don’t want you to get hurt.
May: We’re right behind you, Dad!
Lenora: Looks like we’ve got company!
Whitney: It’s Team Rocket’s grunts!
[A dozen grunts, led by Hun, are blocking their path.]
Hun: What’s all this? Didn’t your moms ever tell you not to snoop around where you don’t belong?
Norman: Don’t give us that talk! You know why we’re here!
Hun: It’s for the kid, isn’t it? I knew it. But don’t think I’m going to let you through just yet. First, you have to defeat us.
Blaine: I accept your challenge! I must warn you, though, that I am very smart! My technical knowledge will surely find a way to defeat you!
Hun: If you’re as smart as you say you are, then prove it!
Blaine: Okay! Go, Rhydon!
Flannery: Go, Typhlosion!
Norman: Go, Slakoth!
Grunt A: [breaks out laughing] Hey, get a load of that guy’s Slakoth!
Grunt B: Yeah, what a wimpy Pokémon! Haw!
[Slakoth gets angry and stares at the grunts with an evil look on his face]
Norman: [smiles] Slakoth, use Shadow Ball!
Hun: Shadow Ball?!!?
[BOOM!!!]
Flannery: Typhlosion, Flamthrower!
[Already smoking from Shadow Ball, Flamethrower sets Hun and his grunts on fire!]
Hun: GYYAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!! WE’RE BURNING UP!!!! SAVE US!!!!!!
Lenora: Herdier, use Roar!!!
[Herdier roars so loud and so violently that it blows the flames right off of Hun and his cronies, but it also blows them into the sky.]

-East Hallway R-

Brock: Whatcha doin’, Jasmine? Can I help???
Jasmine: Aren’t you supposed to be with the Rock Types?
Brock: Come on, deep down, you know that we were meant to be together! And thank goodness Max isn’t here right now to ruin the mood!
Byron: Hey, kid! Stop being such a casanova! We gotta save your friend!
Roark: Dad, look out!
[Byron gets crushed by the tail of a Steelix. On the other side of the hallway, Attila and his goons laugh like morons.]
Attila: You really should watch where you leave your toys, kid!
Roark: That’s not funny! My Dad’s leg is bleeding!
Attila: Well, he deserves it for breaking in here! I think you should follow his example and “break a leg” out of here! If you don’t, I’ll have Steelix crush the rest of you!
Roxanne: Not if I can help it! Golem, I choose you!
Brock: Come on out, Geodude!
Roark: Go, Rampardos!
Attila: Bwahahahaha! You guys are pathetic! My Steelix can beat all of you with a single move!

-West Hallway A-

Domino: STOP IT!! You’re hurting them!
[Domino recoils in horror as her cronies are all beaten up by Chuck and his Machoke]
Chuck: Alright, who’s next?
Domino: Time for me to skedaddle!
[Brawly grabs her by the arm]
Brawly: Like, no you don’t, dude! Now, if you wanna live, tell us where Ash is!
Domino: And why would I do that?
Brawly: If you don’t, Korrina is gonna unleash Mega Lucario on your sorry keister!
Korrina: Trust me, that’s something you do NOT want to happen!
[Lucario snickers]
Domino: Okay! I’ll tell you! Giovanni has him locked up in his office!
Maylene: And where’s that?
Domino: Keep going down this hallway! Just let me go free!
Chuck: I think you can let her go now, Brawly.
Brawly: Thanks for cooperating, dude. [drops Domino on the floor] Like, let’s go save Ash!

-East Hallway C-

The Water, Flying, and Dragon Types walk down towards Giovanni’s private air hangar.

Juan: Pardon me, ma’am. You may go ahead of me.
Misty: You’re so polite, Juan! Thanks again for letting me in front of you!
Cress: Why did Lance have to leave us and put you in charge?!? Juan, stop making Misty do everything you don’t want to! She doesn’t deserve that!
Misty: Aw, you’re just jealous that he’s more polite than you!
Clair: How about both of you stop it?!? We’re on an important mission here!
Iris: Yeah, stop acting like kids!
Cress: I swear, if she calls us kids one more time, I think I’m gonna kill somebody!
Crasher Wake: All of you knock it off! Why can’t you all be more like me? I work out every day, like a REAL MAN! I bet half of you wimps have never even so much as held a dumbbell in your hands! Am I right, Floatzel?
[His Floatzel gives him a thumbs up]
Cress: Pfft. Show off...
Winona: Guys! Incoming Team Rocket agents at ten o’clock!
Zager: Well, what do we have here? Looks like I’ve stepped into a loser’s convention!!!
Grunt C: Heh heh! That’s being too kind to them! They look more like rejects from a middle school costume party!
[Just then, Lt. Surge and the other Electric Type Leaders, as well as Richie, show up out of nowhere.]
Surge: Hey, losers! Ain’t you never hoid of manners before? Dat ain’t da American way!
Zager: Haven’t you ever heard of proper grammar before? Go back to your own country, you patriotic pansy!
Surge: Okay, now ya’s done it! Nobody insults America and gets away wid it!
[He drops a PokeBall]
Surge: [unenthusiastically] Oops, I dropped my PokeBall.
Zager: [picks it up] Heh heh! I’ll be taking this! Now, let’s see what’s in-
Voltorb: Voltorb!
Zager: Uh-oh!
[KABLAMMMO!!!!! Zager and his grunts blast into the sky]
Richie: Nice work, Surge! Way to fool them!
Surge: It woiks every time, kid!
Wattson: Now that we’ve taken care of those guys, let’s see what’s inside this hangar!
[To their disappointment, the Ice Type Trainers have beaten them there.]
Wulfric: Hey! Back off! We were here first!
Pryce: Yeah! This is our turf!
[From the other end of the hangar, Giovanni speaks up]
Giovanni: Correction; this is MY turf!
Juan: Yikes! It’s him! Protect me, Misty!
Misty: Are you kidding? Forget it, Juan. I’ve found a new man!
Wake: See, what did I tell you? Chicks really go for men with big muscles!
Giovanni: SILENCE! Now, please tell me why you have intruded upon my private hangar! Didn’t you read the sign? It clearly says “private hangar”, as in, off limits to anyone but myself!
Misty; Wait, that’s Ash’s Greninja you’ve got with you! What are you up to now?
Giovanni: Patience, little one. You shall see in a minute. BOSS-O-TRON, ACTIVATE!!!!
[A gigantic robotic suit rises around Giovanni. Once complete, he uses it to pick up Greninja.]
Pryce: What kind of contraption is that?
Giovanni: Everyone, meet my Mecha Boss-O-Tron 3000! It’s my latest and greatest invention, and it will be responsible for the total destruction of the Pokémon League!
Wulfric: In your dreams, you madman!
Misty: You underestimate how strong we all are! We’ve got five different types of trainers here!
Wake: Water!
Candice: Ice!
Iris: Dragon!
Falkner: Flying!
Surge: And Electric, baby!
Misty: Together, we can put an end to Team Rocket, starting with you!!!
Cress: And this time, we’ll make sure you DON’T come back!

-Giovanni’s Office-

Ash: Aw man, how am I gonna get out of this one?
[Suddenly, the door is kicked open by Brawly’s Machop.]
Brawly: Like, way to go, Machop!
Ash: I’m saved!
Chuck: Damn right, you are! Girls, untie that young man!
Ash: Did you guys find my Greninja? If you find him, you’ll find Giovanni.
Chuck: Not yet, kid, but we will!
Maylene: There you go, Ash. You’re all untied!
Ash: Thanks, you two. Now let’s go find Giovanni!

Last edited:
Chapter 10

-Outside-

All of the remaining trainers are outside, scanning the property for any unwanted guests.

Morty: Still no signs of any suspicious activity. How’s it going with you, Cilan?
Cilan: About the same as it was the last time you asked me.
Bugsy: I haven’t heard anything from Juan for the last few minutes? Is he alright in there?
Cilan: Who knows? Knowing him, he probably stopped to look at himself in the mirror again.
Bugsy: I’ll go in and take a look for myself.
Sabrina: The kid’s right. I think I’ll go too.
Morty: But we need more able-bodied individuals outside!

-Executive Hallway-

Brawly: Check it out, dudes! Machop found some footprints!
Korrina: Whatever they are, they don’t look like Pokémon footprints to me.
Chuck: Judging by the shape, I’d say that they belong to a man who’s above six tall!
Maylene: Lt. Surge?
Chuck: Yes, but, why would he run off with Greninja?
Maylene: No! I meant that I just heard Surge’s voice coming from down this hallway!
Brawly: Are you sure, man?
Maylene: Listen!
[They listen closely, and they can hear a distinctly American accent shouting at someone]
Ash: That’s him, alright.
Korrina: Wherever he is, it’s right at the end of this hall!
Chuck: Follow my lead, you guys! You never know what might be waiting for us!
[At the end of the hall is Giovanni’s hangar. Chuck takes one step into the room, and sets off an alarm]
Giovanni: WHO GOES THERE?!?
Ash: The jig is up, Giovanni!
Wake: Hey, it’s the kid!
Richie: He’s come to save us!
Giovanni: My, my, I see you’ve gotten yourself untied. I assume you’re here for this frog.
Greninja: Ninja!
Ash: Let my Greninja go!
Giovanni: Sorry, no can do. He is now mine to control! I know all about that special bond you two have, and it’s time for me to use it to my advantage! Want me to demonstrate?
Ash: Don’t you DARE!!!
Giovanni: Okay, I will!!
[The Boss-O-Tron picks up Greninja by his tongue, then starts twirling him around like a lasso.]
Giovanni: Look at me! I’m a cowboy! Git along, little froggy!
Ash: Stop that! You’ll hurt him!
Giovanni: Why didn’t you just say that? Going down!
[He throws the frog Pokémon down on the ground. When Greninja lands, Ash feels a sharp pain in his body.]
Ash: Aggghhh!!
Giovanni: Hahahaha! When I said I would use your bond to my advantage, I wasn’t kidding around!
Richie: What’s going on with Ash?
Misty: His bond with his Greninja is so strong that it enables him to feel his pain.
Brawly: That’s deep stuff, man.
Giovanni: Yes, indeed. Once I destroy the frog, the kid will get hurt, too! It’s all going according to my plan!!!

-East Hallway R-

Brock: Marshtomp, no!!!!!
[Brock’s Marshtomp falls to the floor after being knocked out by Attila’s Steelix.]
Attila: Have you losers given up yet?
Roark: No! You may have taken out most of our Pokémon, but we’ve been saving our strongest ones for last!
Attila: Are they as pathetic as the rest of them?
Brock: See for yourself! I choose you, Steelix!
Attila: No fair!!! You’ve got one, too?
Brock: That’s right, Attila, and he’s the strongest Pokémon I have! Strong enough to crush your stupid Steelix! Use Gyro Ball!
Attila: Gyro Ball??!?? What’s that?!?
[BAM!!! Attila’s Steelix takes a direct hit and falls to the ground, unconscious.]
Attila: Wake up! Get up and fight those guys like a real man!
Jasmine: Looks like your Steelix is out of action for good! Which means we get to pass!
Attila: Ugh, fine! Go on ahead! If you’ll excuse me, I’ve got to heal my Steelix!

-Center Hallway D-

Blaine: Well, well, well, what do we have here?
Norman: What’s going on?
Blaine: I think I’ve found out where Giovanni is! He’s in this hangar!
Flannery: And look! There’s Ash and the other Gym Leaders!
May: Ash is in there?!? Don’t just stand there! We’ve gotta help him!
Pikachu: Pika!
[they rush in to find Ash grimacing in pain with each blow his Greninja takes]
Giovanni: I’m getting bored with punches. Get a load of this other trick!
[The robot tightly squeezes Greninja’s body in its hands, causing the Frog Pokémon’s eyes to bug out like a cartoon character. ]
Giovanni: I call that move “The Squeak Toy”! When I squeezed him, his cries of pain sounded like a squeak toy! I am so clever!
May: No, you’re not! You’re just a big bully! What did Greninja ever do to you?
Giovanni: Nothing, which is why I’m doing it!
[Ash, meanwhile, is almost unable to move after all of that damage.]
Ash: [weak moaning sounds]
Richie: That’s it! I can’t stand to see Ash get tortured anymore! Sparky, Cruise, take out that walkway up there!
[Sparky directs his electricity towards a walkway that is suspended directly above Giovanni. Then Cruise hits it with a Hyper Beam, significantly weakening it. It collapses right on top of the Boss-O-Tron, destroying it, with Giovanni inside. Greninja manages to get out of the robot’s grasp and rushes over to see his trainer.]
Greninja: Ninja ninja!
Ash: Is...is that you, buddy...?? Thank goodness you’re okay.
[Suddenly, out of the rubble comes Giovanni, his legs and one of his arms missing.]
Giovanni: [robotic stuttering] C-c-c-curs-s-es! Foiled-foiled-f-f-f-foiled again! Again! Again!
[his head explodes, revealing that all this time, he was actually a robotic double]
Richie: You mean...that wasn’t actually him?!?
Blaine: Then where’s the real deal?
[Demonic laughter emanates from the other side of the hangar. Out of the shadows comes one of the most terrifying things our heroes have ever seen. It is a mess of metal, wires, and human flesh, with a familiar face recognizable among the chaos.]
Cress: Is...is that???
Max: It can’t be!
Lance: [suddenly appears behind Max] But it is! That’s the real Giovanni!
Ash: I think I’m gonna be sick!
Lance: While I was separated from my group, I did some detective work and uncovered top secret Team Rocket files about Giovanni. According to the files, after he was crushed in the building collapse, only his head, upper torso, and right arm were considered salvageable. Team Rocket’s scientists set to work on creating a robotic body for him while also retaining his human body parts. But without Dr. Namba’s experience to help them, they ended up with...that! So they started over and put Giovanni’s brain in a robotic double he made of himself a few years ago. They discarded their failed attempt in the trash, but it seems to have come back to life!
Korrina: At a time like this, there’s only one thing left to do....RUNNNN!!!!!!!
[Our heroes scram out of the hangar, while the creature formerly known as Giovanni gives chase. It extends its wires into a nearby electrical socket and absorbs the energy.]

-East Hallway R-

Brock: Do you guys hear something?
Roxanne: It sounds like a stampede...it is a stampede! It’s the other trainers!!!
Ash: [screaming] GET OUT OF HERE, YOU GUYS!!! WE’RE BEING CHASED BY AN UNDEAD GIOVANNI!!!!
Brock: I don’t know what he’s talking about, but I suggest we follow him!!!!
[So, Brock and Jasmine’s team joins the chase. Meanwhile, the creature has unknowingly started a fire. Fire alarms are set off, warning all Rocket agents to exit the facility.]

-Lobby-

Sabrina: So, which of these ways should we take?
Bugsy: Hmm, I don’t know why, but my gut is telling me we should go down East Hallway R.
[Before they can proceed any further, Ash and all the others come running down the hallway, along with Team Rocket Grunts trying to evacuate.]
Sabrina: Never mind. Let’s get out of this place!

-Outside-

Several minutes later, the whole facility has been evacuated. The fire has now come dangerously close to the building’s fuel tank room, and everyone has been told to get off of the property by the fire chief. The Officer Jenny who Brock helped is back in action, too. Of course, Brock is VERY excited to see her.

Brock: Now that you’re out of the hospital, it’s time to give me some loving!
Max: And it’s time for me to give you some tugging!
Brock: NOT THE EAR AGGGHHHHH!!!!!!
Raoul: Ash, I’m glad to see you safe and sound again!
Ash: Thank you, Mr. Contesta, but I’m more concerned about that...thing we saw in there!
Raoul: I’m sure it was nothing!
[As soon as he says that, the creature taps on the lobby doors, which have been locked]
Raoul: WHAT IS THAT THING?!!??
Misty: It’s Giovanni! He’s been hideously deformed!
Raoul: Somebody destroy that thing before it touches me!!!
[To prevent the creature from getting through, Chuck’s Machoke and Maylene’s Machamp place several giant rocks in front of the door. After this, several small explosions go off in the rear of the building.]
Fire Chief: EVERYONE OUT OF HERE, NOW!!!
[BOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!! Team Rocket HQ explodes with a mighty flash of light, finally destroying Giovanni once and for all.]

Several weeks later, Richie is declared the Indigo League Champion after defeating Agatha and Lance of the Elite Four. He decides to follow up on this by going to compete for the Sinnoh League. As for Ash and friends? Their journey continues.....

THE END

Author’s note: Yessss!!!!! My most ambitious story ever is finally complete! It’s been a lot of fun writing this one. This is also the end of the story arc I’ve been working on since Giovanni’s Master Plan. Because of that, I’m going to take a break from writing for a while. So, until we meet again, stay gold.

Bang.

Cast:
Veronica Taylor: Ash, May
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Eric Stuart: Brock, James, Professor Sebastian, Zippo, Slowbro, Voltorb, Gligarman, Machoke
Amy Birnbaum: Max, Latoya, Winona, Intercom
Tara Sands: Richie, Jasmine, Bugsy
Ed Paul: Giovanni, Hun, Male Officer, Dan Rathernot
Wayne Grayson: Lance, Grunt B, Machop, Jude Hambone, Announcer
Carter Cathcart: Meowth, Charles Goodshow, Marshtomp, Pryce
Sean Schemmel: Juan, Grunt C, Lorelei's Husband, Lucario
Marc Thompson: Zager, Attila, Lt. Surge, Fire Chief Russo, Sabrina’s father
Lisa Ortiz: Sabrina, Flannery, Korrina
Rachael Lillis: Jessie, Misty, Maylene
Dan Green: Walter Concrete, Bruno, Chuck, Wattson, Norman, Byron
Billy Bob Thompson: Greninja, Roark
Andrew Rannells: Morty, Cress
Michael Haigney: Blaine, Machamp, Hitmonchan, Cloyster
Darren Dunstan: Sukizo
Karen Neill: Roxanne
J. David Brimmer: Dr. Proctor, Crasher Wake, Wulfric
Mike Pollock: Raoul Contesta
Matt Mitler: Rudy, Falkner, Gate Guard, Grunt A
Jason Griffith: Cilan, Brawly
Lucien Dodge: Chili
Eileen Stevens: Iris
Kether Donohoe: Candice
Satomi Koroogi: Sparky
Katsuyuuki Konishi: Dragonite, Gligar
Eve Christensen: Clair
Lee Quick: Officer Jenny
Erica Schroeder: Wobbuffet, Nurse Joy, Whitney
Jayne Grand: Lorelei
Kerry Williams: Domino
Norma Nongauza: Lenora
Rodger Parsons: Narrator

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom