• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you could nominate another companion to return in Sun and Moon..

Which friend of Ash's should return to Sun and Moon?

• May

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Iris

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Serena

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Tracey

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Max

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Cilan

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Clemont

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Bonnie

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
personally, I think that every of his past mates should apper at some point and give him a good battle.
Now I hope for a re-visit and re-match of Brock and Misty to Alola and maybe 2vs 2 of each or 3vs3 , or 1vs 1 but atleast 3 episodes and more characters.

Oh of course I want Serena back in Pokemon Sun and Moon,, to make sure she has 3 new pokemons and 1 new evolution for Braixen which evolves to Delphox

As of now, Max actually has more votes than his older sister, Cilan, Clemont, Bonnie, and Tracey.

Last edited:
As of now, Max actually has more votes than his older sister, Cilan, Clemont, and Bonnie.
@RileyXY1
Like so? Even though if he's ever returns in the Sun & Moon. He will be probably to be the useless character since his age is still not available to allow for catching Pokémon except befriended only.

I'll would rather May return. If she does, her pokémon will be more stronger than Misty's and Brock's combine.

I'll would rather May return. If she does, her pokémon will be more stronger than Misty's and Brock's combine.

I highly doubt that two full time gyms leaders would have weaker Pokémon than a non-battle centric coordinator. Specially when Misty and Brock had been trainers even before May started her journey.

I highly doubt that two full time gyms leaders would have weaker Pokémon than a non-battle centric coordinator. Specially when Misty and Brock had been trainers even before May started her journey.

May is a Coordinator, but I don't see how she isn't battle centric. She still has to win battles in order to get ribbons, so her Pokemon would have to be strong. That's why she lost in her first Contest because Contest battles are still real battles and she wasn't prepared for them. Brock isn't a Gym Leader in the anime either. He was at one point, but he is training to become a Pokemon Doctor. With few exceptions, I'm not sure how many of their Pokemon are actually strong. Both Misty and Brock have a couple of power houses, especially now that they have Mega Pokemon, but they never came off as really strong and impressive trainers during the original series at least for me. Misty in particular always talked a big game, but never backed it up for me. She always seemed just slightly above average at best in terms of her skills as a trainer.

I still don't know if I'd say that all of May's Pokemon would be that much stronger than Misty and Brock's, especially when Misty would have to battle frequently enough as a Gym Leader and thus be a challenge to other trainers to overcome, but I also don't think it's a huge stretch either. I'm not sure how much battling Brock would be doing nowadays, even with having a Mega Steelix.

Iris. She was the first girl that didn't get to cameo in the next series after she left, AND she didn't get another special unlike Cilan. Also I just really love Iris, so there's that too.

I'd like to see all the past characters show up again at some point, though. After Best Wishes and up until Misty and Brock came back I thought we'd never see any past characters again, but now that they've broken that trend I think it's time to see everyone come back at least once.

I still don't know if I'd say that all of May's Pokemon would be that much stronger than Misty and Brock's, especially when Misty would have to battle frequently enough as a Gym Leader and thus be a challenge to other trainers to overcome, but I also don't think it's a huge stretch either. I'm not sure how much battling Brock would be doing nowadays, even with having a Mega Steelix.
@Hidden Mew
Thanks for clarification. However, I'll didn't say all of May's Pokémon will be stronger than Misty and Brock, but two of them such as her Blaziken's and Venusaur's might have a potential to Mega Evolve into Mega Blaziken & Mega Venusaur since following of the Giant Rock debris that contained many Mega Stone after destroyed.

@Hidden Mew
Thanks for clarification. However, I'll didn't say all of May's Pokémon will be stronger than Misty and Brock, but two of them such as her Blaziken's and Venusaur's might have a potential to Mega Evolve into Mega Blaziken & Mega Venusaur since following of the Giant Rock debris that contained many Mega Stone after destroyed.

I still doubt they’d be stronger than all of Misty and Brock's Pokemon like you said.

I want Ash to break his leg and we have Dawn, Serena and Lillie travel around together. Maybe Iris can join too. No Misty allowed.

I still doubt they’d be stronger than all of Misty and Brock's Pokemon like you said.
@PkmnTrainerV
Only time would tell if the creator want to bought them back or not. But I don't want to expect them a lot. Despite the interview of last year from them about going other region, where Ash had travelled before.

May already defeated Brock with her newest pokemon back in AG, and even SM Ash can defeat Misty.

May already defeated Brock with her newest pokemon back in AG, and even SM Ash can defeat Misty.

Misty and Brock are stronger and we don’t know if May has a Super Effective Z-Move against Misty like Ash did to defeat her.

But I agree such a battle would be interesting to see after May's growth as a trainer.

Misty and Brock are stronger and we don’t know if May has a Super Effective Z-Move against Misty like Ash did to defeat her.
Z-Moves are just a cheap tactic to make weak pokemon stronger. May can do fine without them. Also, Misty didn't even trained that Gyarados herself, her sisters left it to her.

Gliscor and Greninja!!!! But if it must be a human I'd love see Serena make a return.

Last edited:
Tracey, because he's my fav on this list

But I really want to see Gary again. LIke it's been since Sinnoh, and since they have been sticking with all the Kanto fanservice why not complete it with Ash's greatest rival ever (let's face it, the only one that could compare is Paul, and he's an actual jerk. Gary was just a jerk to Ash, Paul was a jerk to Pokemon. Ritchie was cool, but I never got much of an impression from him)

@PkmnTrainerV
Sorry, If May appeared in Sun and Moon. She's won't have a Z-Ring, because that is only can obtained from Alola. However, she will have Keystone and Mega Stone for either of her Blaziken or Venusaur to go Mega to deal with Misty's Gyarados. But, I knew she will used Venusaur to battle it.

But I wondering if her Wartortle had evolve into Blastoise or not. If so, man it will be very scary, with her 3 Mega (Blaziken, Venusaur and Blastoise). Don't want to imagine that might happen, but it only for resolve the crisis from Villain ambition.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom