• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your LGPE Team

Should I get it, my team would likely be something like this:
- Arcanine (I mean, it should be obvious why.)
- Charizard (I don't like having double type attackers of the same spectrum but Zard X is lit, soooo. More so the Flying-type mon of the team.)
- Jolteon
- Gyarados
- Alakazam
- Gengar

In case Alakazam and Gengar won't be reachable, I'd probably use Nidoking and Dragonite/Hitmonlee/Scyther instead, forming Charizard to a special attacker instead.

With all the leaks and datamining and what not, it's all helped me decide on a team, slight spoilers below, I'll tag the ones that aren't already common knowledge.

1. Red, Blue, and Green are all in the game, which basically kills my idea of playing as Red like I usually do in Kanto games, this is a refreshing thing actually because now I can take the time to play more unique Pokemon I normally don't play with, I'm going to try to avoid the Kanto starter trio as much as possible since these three in-game characters have them.

We do know that EVs have been replaced by AVs, and instead of 252 EVs to boost a stat +63, we know that AVs max out at 200 per stat, and increase the stat at a +1:1 ratio, so maxing out your AVs boosts a stat +200 which is ridiculous! We also know there are no limits to EVs like there have been, you can max EVERY stat to +200.

We now know what the exclusives are and contrary to what many would think, Magmar, Electabuzz, and Jynx are not exclusives as they typically are.

So my team is all set based on those three points, I THINK this will be final. I've had plans in the works for months and this is the culmination of those months. In under 24 hours I will begin my Let's Go Pikachu journey!

1. Pikachu
025.png

Nature: Naive/Timid
Moveset:
-Pika Papow
-Splishy Splash
-Zippy Zap/Thunder Wave
-Toxic/Zippy Zap

2. Snorlax
143.png

Nature: Adamant
Moveset:
-Body Slam
-Earthquake
-Rest
-Toxic/Coverage Move

3. Dewgong
087.png

Nature: Calm
Moveset:
-Ice Beam
-Toxic
-Substitute
-Rest

4. Magmar
126.png

Nature: Modest/Timid
Moveset:
-Flamethrower
-Psychic
-Will-O-Wisp
-Substitute/Toxic/Taunt

5. Aerodactyl-M
142-m.png

Nature: Jolly
Moveset:
-Rock Slide
-Crunch
-Roost
-Stealth Rock

6. Dragonite
149.png

Nature: Jolly
Moveset:
-Outrage/Dragon Tail
-Fire Punch
-Rock Slide/Earthquake/Roost
-Toxic

Last edited:
I'm considering rotating between Eevee, Vileplume, Butterfree, Lapras, Rapidash, Kangaskhan, Electabuzz, Dragonite and Hitmonlee. That might not be doable without spending more time on catching for grinding than I'd like.

So my team in LGP ended up being Pikachu, Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Dragonite, and Clefable/Ninetales-A

I just finished my run through of Let's Go Pikachu, here was my team

Torin (Pikachu)
Donnie (Pidgeot)
Kale (Venusaur)
Oliver (Arcanine)
JoJo (Vaporeon)
Lumi (Alolan Ninetales)

I did also have a Shiny Butterfree named Avander on the tema for nearly half the game, but I really wanted this team composition, so I dropped him off in the box after going down to Fuschia City and connecting to my Pokemon Go account where I brought over both JoJo and Lumi.

The Team I beat the game with was:
Eevee - special attacker
Alolan Exeggutor - special attacker
Alolan Ninetales - special attacker
Alolan Muk - physical attacker
Alolan Raichu - special attacker
Charizard X - special attacker

And now, LGP has been beaten as well. My final team was Pikachu, Charizard, Blastoise, Marowak, Tauros, and Scyther.

Also, I wanted to include pics of my cute babies. :X3:
rEBOaip.jpg

fLIJBgh.jpg

My team for Let’s Go Eevee ended up being the following -

Tails (Eevee)
Wildwing (Psyduck)
Garura (Kangaskhan)
Horus (Pidgeot)
Patience (Chansey)
Mew

I usually avoid using mythicals and legendaries but since so much was made of the Pokéball Plus Mew I figured I would let it stick around (plus Mew is my favourite mythical anyway).

Little story behind why I named my Chansey ‘Patience’ -

In Ultra Sun, I was SOS chaining Chansey for experience. Eventually, a shiny popped up. I wasn’t quite ready to stop the experience farming so I gave it a False Swipe and continued for a little bit. Well, I completely forgot that Struggle was a thing. It knocked itself out.

Fast forward to LGE and I encountered a full odds shiny Chansey! My head canon is that it was so keen to join my team that it followed me from Alola to Kanto :)

My LGE Team ended up being Eevee, Clefable, Beedrill, Ninetales, Dugtrio, and Raichu. Wanted to use mons I hadn't played through Kanto with before but I had used Beedrill once before in a Silver Nuzlocke but never finished so I wanted another attempt at using a Beedrill~ I also used Dugtrio and Raichu in LeafGreen (would have liked Alolan Raichu but by the time you can get it, I was already to attached to my own~ Going through with Clefable was pretty fun though, she ended up being the strongest in the team~

One more mon needed for my LGP team so I'll update once I finish~

in my let's go eevee when i play it when i'm ready after christmas,
my team's going to be:

eevee.png
kimiko the eevee (F) *gentle nature*
nidoran-f.png
ri the nidoran (f) *gonna evolve her into nidorina* *careful nature*
nidoran-m.png
ni the nidoran (M) *Gonna evolve him into nidorino* *gentle nature*
mankey.png
fero the mankey (F) *hardy nature*
clefairy.png
riala the clefairy (F) *gonna evolve her into clefable* *modest nature*
meowth.png
feli the meowth (F) *gonna evolve her into persion* *quiet nature*

& in let's go pikachu, my team's going to be:

pikachu-f.png
ellie the pikachu (F) *modest nature*
mew.png
Faith the mew *brave nature*
bulbasaur.png
saku the bulbasaur (F) *gonna evolve her into ivysaur* *calm nature*
oddish.png
raffle the oddish (F) *gonna evolve her into vileplume* *bold nature*
charmander.png
moya the charmander (F) *gonna evolve her into charmeleon * hardy nature*
squirtle.png
kame the squirtle (F) *gonna evolve her into wartortle* *naive nature*

Last edited:
My planned team for Let’s Go Eevee:

Eevee
-Double Edge
-Dig
-Bouncy Bubble
-Buzzy Buzz

Victreebel
-Power Whip
-Sludge Bomb
-Sucker Punch
-Leech Life

Butterfree
-Quiver Dance
-Bug Buzz
-Air Slash
-Mega Drain

Mr. Mime
-Psychic
-Dazzling Gleam
-Reflect
-Light Screen

Ninetales
-Flamethrower
-Solarbeam
-Dark Pulse
-Nasty Plot

Lapras
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Drill Run

Team that beat the League:

Eevee (Al)
- Headbutt
- Bouncy Bubble
- Freezy Frost
- Buzzy Buzz
Gotta love that unresisted type coverage.

Vaporeon (Melissa)
- Surf
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
Used her to beat Agatha, then it came to me that Vader would’ve been a better choice.

Shiny Dodrio (Penny)
- Headbutt
- Drill Peck
- Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
First shiny in my game, kept her on the team even though I hated how shiny Dodrio looked.

Venusaur (Juno)
- Toxic
- Sludge Bomb
- Mega Drain
- Leech Seed
Barely used him.

Charizard (Lizzy)
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Punch
Main Mega on the team, reason why I got Penny to fill the strong Flying-type role.

Nidoking (Vader)
- Thunderbolt
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Ice Beam
Couldn’t find a Moon Stone at Mt. Moon, had to evolve him after I beat Silph Co.

I joined, my team would be
1. Pikachu, Female
Dig
Floaty Fall
Zippy Zap
Thunder
2. Venusaur, Male
Earthquake
Sludge Bomb
Razor Leaf
Subsitute
3. Charizard, Male
Flare Blitz
Flamethrower
Rock Slide
Fly
4. Blastoise, Male
Bite
Hydro Pump
Toxic
Protect
5. Snorlax, Male
Shadow Ball
Brick Break
Psychic
Seismic Toss
6. Poliwrath, Female
Psychic
Waterfall
Superpower
Ice Punch

Last edited:
At the moment, I only have three pokemon that are for the early game. (Ends past the rock tunnel!)

A Sassy nature Eevee starter. (My support starter since the exclusive moves DO allow that! Bouncy bubble, Baddy bad, Glitzy glow and either double edge or toxic. It covers every weakness an Eevee would face and my last choice is either a strong STAB or a status aliment to complete the support)
A Bellsprout that is part of the end game team. (Poison/ grass type ftw!)
and a Spearow for the early game. (Has headbutt in this game and is pretty strong atm!)
I plan to catch the following very soon.

A Squirtle as my water type and mega.
I want to get a Rhyhorn for the end game/ steed. (Rock/Ground type that is easy to get and is pretty good.)
I am transferring my Gengar from PKM go (Ghost types are needed in this game due to little dark types to go against psychic types. There was a reason psychic types were overpowered in Gen 1 and I'm thankful that good ghost moves exist in this game.)
Finally, the Hitmonlee you get from the dojo. (Physical fighting type ftw!)
Covers a lot of ground and most of the weak points most of my team has.

Edit!

I caught my Squirtle... it has a modest nature and the nickname Leonardo.

I caught my Rhyhorn and nick named it Serena. (A joke, but Rhyhorn is pretty fast in this game as a ride pokemon!)

Last edited:
Oh gosh, I probably spent more in-game time sitting in some city and just planning my team than I did actually progressing the story. If you also include the time I spent grinding for the right team members, then that's over 50% of my play time right up through when I became champion. So let's see here... (warning: really lots of TL;DR ahead)

First, I mostly just started with whatever I could get. I only knew that I was going to use Magneton, because I've somehow ended up with a Magneton/Magnezone on each of the past 5 Pokemon games I've played, and who am I to question tradition? I also wanted to use the Alolan forms of Marowak and Ninetales, because those are my two favorite Alolan forms, but I wasn't set in stone on either of these. I also had a list of boxes to check as I built the team, which was really just making sure that I had good defensive synergy across the board and not favoring physical attackers over special, and vice-versa. (spoiler alert: it turned out not to really matter, for reasons I'll detail later.)

Starting team:
1. Eevee
2. Magneton (reserved)
3. Marowak-A (reserved)
4. Ninetales-A (reserved)
5. ??
6. ??

(I was going to nickname my whole team, but then scrapped that idea when I found that I couldn't nickname Alolan forms, since they have a different OT.)

My first semi-permanent team member was Nidoran-male on route 9, since I initially planned on using Nidoking as a nice blanket check and electric immunity, as well as my stealth rock setter. I also picked up Machop, as I figured Machamp would synergize nicely with the rest of my planned team and offer some nice coverage options with the elemental punches.

Lavender town:
1. Eevee
2. Nidorino
3. Machop
4. Cubone
5. Ninetales-A (reserved)
6. Magneton (reserved)

I also found a rather amusing Kadabra that came with substitute and disable, and I was really having fun with that one, so I threw that in there for good measure. I also managed to get my Vulpix and trade it for an Alolan form at Celadon City (I actually caught 9. just so I could make sure I could trade for one with good IVs/nature). At level 31, Vulpix learns blizzard, so I bought an ice stone and evolved it. I also realized that my team in its current state had a couple of unfavorable weaknesses to water moves, no real switch-ins, and only Magneton to surely beat them 1v1, so I scrapped Machop and decided to hold out for a Poliwrath. I also realized that Nidoking and Alowak did not syngerize nicely at all, and especially not with Magneton. 3 ground weaknesses and no resistances was not going to cut it at all, so I dropped Nidoking in favor of combining Alowak's roles into a stealth rock user and physical sweeper. This is where I made the mistake of actually thinking about my team, and where the real headaches begin. I'll see if I can recall all of this correctly:

Celadon City (Post-Erika):
1. Eevee
2. Magneton
3. Ninetales-A
4. Kadabra
5. Marowak-A
6. Poliwrath

(I sequence-broke a whole lot here, rushing down to Fuchsia City ASAP to get to the Alowak trade, and to get Sea Skim to get over to the power plant and get Magneton as well as be able to catch a Poliwag. Fun fact: You can go and sea skim for level 45 Poliwag on route 23 after just 4 badges.)

Things were alright for a while, with the team leveling up nicely, and Alolan Ninetales taking out Erika almost by herself. (it's partially my fault for relying on blizzard, but I didn't feel like ice beam alone could have got the job done.) Then I realized that Alowak was robbed of his signature move, shadow bone. Well ain't that just dandy. A physical sweeper without his most spammable move. That just wouldn't do. So I dumped Alowak in a fit of rage and then found my team without a stealth rock setter. So in considering my options for a rocker, I made the mistake of thinking again, and realized that my team was still weak to ground and water with just about any other rocks user. After almost trying to build around Nidoking again, I remembered Aerodactyl is a thing, and being the fastest rocks user in a game with no hazard removal doesn't hurt at all. Then I still realized that my team was lacking in defensive switch-ins to several types, notably ground, fighting, and water, so I swapped Alakazam for Slowbro to help with these matchups. Then I realized that Poliwrath was a bit redundant, as Slowbro covered his defensive niche nicely, as well as being a bulky set-up 'mon. Then, I realized that my whole team's synergy was out of balance and started over from the ground up. This is where most of the aforementioned time just sitting around team-planning came in.

Ultimately, I was quite pleased with the result:

Fuschia City (pre-Sabrina, pre-Koga):
1. Eevee
2. Magneton
3. Slowbro
4. Aerodactyl
5. Pinsir
6. Exeggutor-Alola (reserved)

I actually had Aerodactyl and Slowbro before fighting Sabrina or Koga because, amusingly, you can just grab Sea Skim from Fuschia City and get right on through the Seafoam Islands to Cinnabar, where I caught Slowbro and resurrected Aerodactyl, respectively. (I spent waaaay too much time chaining for a good IV on Slowbro, and also nearly as much time soft-resetting the game for a good IV Aerodactyl, and both were aided by Madame Celadon ensuring I got the preferred natures on each.) Pinsir was also an obnoxious grind on routes 14 and 15 (thanks 1% spawn chance), but my team was finally complete. Or so I thought...

It took me way too long to realize this, but sometime after beating Blaine, I discovered that I can take Partner Eevee out of my party and still have her follow me. Upon realizing this, I immediately threw Machamp back into the team to add another physical option and deal with dark and rock types, which I still found rather annoying (plus coverage moves in ice punch, fire punch, and thunder punch don't hurt.) Also around this time, I realized that I had about 500 health candy from chaining over 50 Slowpoke, so naturally, I gave them all to Slowbro. This is also the time when I found out that EVs (or AVs as they're called in this) work very differently. After feeding Slowbro the remnants of his slaughtered brethren as much health candy as I could fit down his throat, I headed to Giovanni and the Elite Four, where Slowbro proceeded to set up 2 calm minds with his massive HP and natural bulk and sweep aside everything except for Agatha's Gengar, which required only a little team support in the form of light screen from Magneton.

Hall of Fame (Champions, woo!)
1. Slowbro
2. Slowbro Magneton
3. Slowbro Aerodactyl
4. Slowbro Pinsir
5. Slowbro Exeggutor-Alola
6. Slowbro Machamp

I didn't once use Machamp or Exeggutor through the entire 5 battles on Indigo Plateau.

I don't have a full team idea yet, but I'm thinking of getting Let's Go Eevee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom