• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Beta Pokémon Art

Thanks, I can see the resemblance now. Although it also kinda looked like Manga Ryu-Ran from Yu-Gi-Oh!, which is weird since this art is from way before Yu-Gi-Oh! existed. Weird minds think alike, possibly.

With all the monster summoning games in the world, they had to get/steal their ideas from somewhere. Or maybe Magna Ryu-Ran is Kanghaskan's long-lost evolution.

I can also see resemblance to Slowbro.
Maybe Slowbro and Kangaskhan are like Blaziken and Latias: Originally one Pokémon that got divided in the middle of development. Could also apply to beta Spearow, which got divided into final Spearow, Pidgeot and Farfetch'd.

Beta Scyther looks very funny, now it's very clear where his reptile look came from.
Tentacool looks kinda cute.
Arcanine has hooves, confirming that it was partly based on the Qirin.
Gyarados started as a giant worm without eyes. :eek: I don't think anyone saw that coming.
The mysterious "O" Helix Chamber has been so fussy about is Omega (#20 in the image), which...doesn't look like anything. (We've seen Kangaskhan and Slowbro's sprites for this era already). The snout resembles Dragonite a bit, but overall I'm clueless.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom