• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: Character Development Den (Questions)

Yeah, sorry, it accidentally got deleted at one point.

Spencer Weeks: "Well, I'm not around my family much, outside of the holidays. But then again, what college kid is? I'd say my favorite family activity is one I don't get to do much anymore. There used to be a run down mini golf place near our house, and me, my parents, and my little brother would go there every few weeks and play a few rounds. We were all garbage, but it was fun."

"How do you deal with sad news?"

"How do you deal with sad news?"

Salem: "I go away, at once. And I am sad somewhere else." [I can't stand letting the teeth of misery stay pressed against my neck, so I remove myself from the context in which I can be sad. I have to stop being sad. If the circumstances no longer matter to me, I can stop.]

Are you a good fighter? (Relative to other members of your species, in the context of combat sports and other roughhousing)

"I'd hope so. I've been training daily for years to perfect my physical condition, and while it's not so much for combat rather than a body pleasing and healthy enough to be accepted for and withstand the ascension, I'd be pretty disappointed if it gave me no significant advantage over the average man. Currently, though, I can't really know. I'm not someone who really gets into fights, even if that might only be because I stay the hell away from everyone as much as I can. I do have to physically subdue my targets, but the types I'm after aren't exactly strongwomen, and the spores are rather quick to work either way.

"Then there's the technique aspect. Like said, I haven't trained for combat, so I'd likely lose to any professional in a fair fistfight. With weapons, same thing. Should I get better? Maybe... or maybe it's just be a waste of time, preparing for something that'll never happen. If I let an enemy get that close, unrestrained and alive, I've already fucked up." - Red Akai

"What would you do with the power to read minds?"

Barbara: "Hmm... that is an interesting question. If there is some utility behind that ability, it would be that it would make solving cases much easier. I would just peek into my target's mind to find out if they are the culprit or not.

...That's it, if I first manage to navigate into the chaotic jumble that is a human or Pokémon's mind. With so many quick thoughts, stored mementos, faded memories, registered one-hit wonders and so on, it can be very difficult to find out the truth. The ability alone wouldn't be enough, I would need to hammer the issue with specific questions to induce my target into giving out detail through their millisecond thoughts."

"If you could travel in time to rectify a mistake, what would you try to fix?"

"I wouldn't. There was someone who tried hard. Repeatedly. She... She did fix it, but created a far worse mistake in the process." -Shirona

"The one time I tried it, it only changed who was responsible. The mistake still happened. After that, I accepted it could not be changed." -Kotone

"That actually is possible, if you have Celebi. Kotone told me about the time she used him for that. The League outlaws trainers capturing him because of the problems it can create." -Lena

"Er, what kind of mistake and how far into the past are we talking?" -Chris

"Someone trying nearly destroyed my world. No thanks." -Mipha

"I would pants Hitler!" -Zekintha

"If you were escaping from an Air Force base with a secret lab underground, what is one thing you would steal to aid your escape?"

Mirror Serena: "Is this supposed to be a trick question? A gun, of course!"
Mirror Ash: "A gun!?"
Mirror Serena: "Yeah, what else?"
Mirror Ash: "M-maybe a Pokémon?"
Mirror Serena: "In there? No way! Think about it, Ash... what's faster, an attack from a Pokémon, or a bullet from a gun?"
Mirror Ash: "...the bullet?"
Mirror Serena: "Exactly! Plus, who's gonna have a Pokémon just lying around in a secret base somewhere? And even if there was one, who says that it would even listen to me? A gun doesn't care who uses it, or what you use it for... it just works. Which kinda makes it even scarier than a Pokémon, when you think about it."
Mirror Ash: "Have you... ever used a gun before?"
Mirror Serena: "Nope. But sometimes I wish I had."
Mirror Ash: "W-what do you--"
Mirror Serena: "Don't ask."
Mirror Serena: "You know, that makes me think about something else. A lot of you guys sound like you come from really strange worlds. If you had to move permanently to any of these worlds, which one would it be? Maybe one of the ones without humans, only Pokémon? That sounds nice. Or maybe the one with that really weird version of Cynthia? Don't know why you'd want to go there, but okay. Or maybe even the one with... what were they even called... Pokémorphs!? Jeez, some of these are just insane..."

Barbara: “As someone who is currently stuck in one of those Pokémon-only worlds, I can say without a doubt that I wouldn’t want to stay permanently in this world.

A lot of fans from my world – a human-dominated one, which should be close to the worlds of most of you – I’ve known imagine this world as some kind of idyllic utopia where you can hang out with overly friendly critters and have all kinds of adventures. But I’ve seen the truth, and I can assure you that things aren’t rainbows and cotton candy here. It’s a dystopia painted as a utopia, where everybody pretends that everything is fine and simply moves on after a worldwide disaster threatens to destroy the world. Really, I’m baffled by how utterly… blissful everyone behaves, and that drives me nuts.

So, no. I wouldn’t move here definitely. Though, I could consider a toned down Pokémon World with Trainers and stuff. It wouldn’t be any less dangerous than a Pokémon-only world, but I feel it could be a nice compromise.”

“Now, for some other question, I suppose. Um… let’s say that you found a magic lamp and were granted one wish. What would that be?”

Julia: "I'd wish that nobody would ever pick on me in school ever again!!"
Perrine: "I'd wish to be the champion...but that'd be too easy. I'd probably wish for my aunt to see her son more often. She really misses him terribly."
Caiseal: "That's easy. I'd wish for lots of money and be rich. Yeah, I'd love to live in luxury, but I'd also want to use any money I have to help people who were in the same situation as I am."
Amara: "Do we really need to do this? I only have one wish: to get off that blacklist so I can go on a Pokemon journey without getting into trouble! But I brought this on myself, so I have to reap what I sowed."

If you could turn into a Pokemon for one day, which one would you pick?

Spencer Weeks: "Freak, I haven't thought about pokemon in years. I haven't played any of the new ones, but I remember Flygon being my favorite. It'd be pretty sick to get a true bird's eye view of the mountain."

"What Pokémon type do you identify with? My favorite was always poison when I played, but maybe I don't wanna identify with it, haha."

(Answering my own question because I won't let my favorite thread die, dammit!) The Wanderer, from Abyss (My long term novel project): "Water. Water conforms, and molds itself to its surroundings. Yet, at the same time, it wears and pulls on those very surroundings over time, and forces it to conform to it."

"Would you be willing to endanger others in order to find out more about a mystery that intrigue you?"

"Would you be willing to endanger others in order to find out more about a mystery that intrigue you?"

"Yes. I think so. I would take risks, I would be harmed, if it meant discovering the truth about important things. Other people in my life are all capable. They should also wish to find truths. So, of course I would do this."
-Salem, purrloin-morph

Do you have any habits you never break?

Barbara: “I certainly do. Wake up, look at the roof, turn on my computer, chat for a few hours, eat something, play video games until sunset, go to the bathroom, eat again, play until midnight or later, turn off the computer, go to sleep. Rinse and repeat the next day. I’ve been into this routine for the past fourteen months, without changing it once.”

“What is the thing you are most proud of?”

"Saving Kotone, Lena, and Lillie." -Shirona

"Punching my biological mother in the face." -Kotone

"Convincing Shirona to add a pool." -Lena
"I am not adding a pool!" -Shirona
"You can't hold out forever~" -Lena

"Not going insane while dealing with Shirona's plans." -Chris

"It's a spoiler." -Lillie

"Successfully stealing America's nuclear secrets." -Mipha
"Wait, what?" -Chris
"Oh, relax! They're useless to us. Hyrule doesn't have any uranium." -Mipha
"I'm changing my answer to the look on Chris's face." -Lena

"Successfully avoiding being interviewed by Ereshkigal for her story." -Sun

"Being the only sane pokemon among this sea of crazies." -Zekintha

"What is the most common type of government in your world?"

Sam: I've never been too interested in politics, so, uh... democracy, I guess? That doesn't seem too common in this new world, though.
(He's the protagonist of a currently-unnamed Newverse-inspired fanfic I have in mind.)

What's your favourite time of day?

The Wanderer: "Time of day? A hard question to answer, when one lives in the caverns of Abyss. I do like early morning, though. It's quite peaceful, especially when none of the cave dwelling creatures are awake yet. Thinking of it, I'm not sure if what I consider early morning is consistent. It's been quite a while since I've seen the sun."

"What's it like where you live? Tell me about how beautiful your world is."

"The world itself - its nature, the creatures living within, seas and mountains - beautiful, yes. But then the humans have to go and ruin it. I'm not talking about pollution or shit like that - not that those are great either - but the whole... atmosphere. You can't go where you want anymore. Not because there'd be a wild beast's territory and they'd rip you to pieces upon finding a trespasser, but because it's private property. What do those people do? Call the cops if they see a stranger, regardless of if they actually use the place or not. And you can't just leave society and live like one of nature's own. Society comes after you with all their laws and shit. Can't fish, you need a license. Can't hunt, it's illegal nowadays. Can't even make a field to grow your own crops without buying the land, and even then you probably need ten more licenses. They force you to take part in their imaginary systems. They pretend their systems are something great and not just an idea you have to agree with or you get jailed or shot. Not even by them, but by the police and the army, who are also only drones hypnotized by the great big lie, too scared to use their power for themselves. Instead they just loan it to parasites who have no talents other than convincing gullible people to vote for them.

...Sorry. I guess I got a bit sidetracked. This world has lots of beauty in it. It's just that this big, festering blight makes it so hard to enjoy." - Red Akai

"May as well use what I've brought up... if you were allowed to live in the wilderness, would you?"

Joshua Cook: "Well, I've a-done it more'n once. It ay quite so romantic as people think, and I'd a-never live there for good, but some things are good for the soul. Actually, that one time on the Glasswater with Linda, whether that was good for the soul I don't know, but I suppose it put my skills te the test."

Q. Are you a city person?

"I've only ever been in one city, and it's not like a human city - or at least what I've heard about them - it's more like part of a giant forest! Much bigger than any forest in Unova, too." - Flora (a Deerling), A New Place, A New Attitude.

"If you were separated from everyone you know and love, what would you do? I know all too well how that feels..."

Brian Donnel: "Honestly? It wouldn't be much different from my normal routine. I'm kind of an isolationist type. I don't have a ton of loved ones, and my work keeps me away from civilization often enough."

"Do you like to travel?"

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom