• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RANDOM MESSAGES 15: Go Storm Area 51...you weirdos

What will you find in Area 51?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have that episode on DVD and have seen it multiple times. It was actually a Makuhita and Shroomish that used Helping Hand, but your point still remains valid.

You should seriously watch DP. Of course, it felt better to watch it over time when it was going on, but even through rewatching, I can guarantee that it's pure gold most of the time.
Right, thank you- I warched it ever only once, so I couldn't remember the Makuhita and Shroomish.

I once tried watching DP in Polish dub...

I'll look for english dub and then watch it, because the Polish one just sucks so much... I really can't believe how I endured watching OS in Polish.
Not only does the VA sounds god awfull, but the translations are just... unbearable.

AG52 isn't the only episode that drove me to tears by being morally incorrect.
Another example would be the episode where Snubbul evolved into Granbull... I just hated it so much... maybe the writers thought showing off TRio incompetence in that episode will be funny, and maybe it was to some people, but totally not to me.

AG52 isn't the only episode that drove me to tears by being morally incorrect.
Another example would be the episode where Snubbul evolved into Granbull... I just hated it so much... maybe the writers thought showing off TRio incompetence in that episode will be funny, and maybe it was to some people, but totally not to me.
There are several instances where the Rocket trio doesn't succeed, even when they by all accounts should succeed, just in hopes that the audience would find amusement at their constant failures. One such case is all the way back in season 1: they had actually managed to get a hold of Misty's Togepi and presented it to Giovanni, but he just asked "What does this Pokémon do?" completely missing the fact that it was a super rare Pokémon and probably worth its small weight in gold!

As for the Granbull episode, yeah. It also displayed another thing with the early Team Rocket that I hated: Ash refusing to believe that they could be anything but unfair. He believed that they were unwilling to give back Granbull, when it clearly was just refusing to let go of the robot Meowth's tail!

There are several instances where the Rocket trio doesn't succeed, even when they by all accounts should succeed, just in hopes that the audience would find amusement at their constant failures. One such case is all the way back in season 1: they had actually managed to get a hold of Misty's Togepi and presented it to Giovanni, but he just asked "What does this Pokémon do?" completely missing the fact that it was a super rare Pokémon and probably worth its small weight in gold!

As for the Granbull episode, yeah. It also displayed another thing with the early Team Rocket that I hated: Ash refusing to believe that they could be anything but unfair. He believed that they were unwilling to give back Granbull, when it clearly was just refusing to let go of the robot Meowth's tail!
Yes, boy, that's exactly everything I didn't like about it!

On the topic of annoying episodes, there was also the
Wobuffet village episode-
the basic rule was that no one is supposed to take a first step in battle, because that's how Wobuffet acts- he only counterattacks. That means tho that if someone makes the first move, you are permitted to counterattack. So why the flip were they standing behind when those thugs attacked them? They made the first move, a real Wobuffet would couterattack! But no, they stayed behind because "Wobuffet doesn't fight?". He does, he only doesn't move first, for crying out loud! By staying behind, those people "disrespected" their own stupid, Wobuffet based right more than they'd do by fighting back.

It was a phenomenal show. Arguably one of DC’s best animated series ever.
I grew up with more Disney than DC or Marvel. Over here in Europe, Disney comics and shows are way more popular than superhero comics or shows. I still get the newest issue of Donald Duck every week.

Oh, yeah. That's the other thing: over here, Donald Duck is way more popular than Mickey Mouse.

Have you seen the new Ducktales show? That’s been awesome so far.
Only an episode or two. And I personally prefer the comics, anyway. My favorite artist is Don Rosa, who likes to draw inspiration from real life events and stories. He has also made a book about the life of Scrooge McDuck.

I'd love to see more of it, to be honest.

In unrelated news, I've been blocked from Bulbapedia for one week due to edit warring. The good part is that the other side of the edit war, a user named Playerking95, also got blocked for a week, and has a way longer history on edit warring that has already earned him a permanent ban in the Archives and Forums, and is ever so close for getting blocked permanently from Bulbapedia as well.

So, in other words, expect to see me even more in here for the 168 hours, give or take.

In unrelated news, I've been blocked from Bulbapedia for one week due to edit warring. The good part is that the other side of the edit war, a user named Playerking95, also got blocked for a week, and has a way longer history on edit warring that has already earned him a permanent ban in the Archives and Forums, and is ever so close for getting blocked permanently from Bulbapedia as well.
Huh...haven't heard that name in a while...Also, what does edit warring mean? A constant back-and-forth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom