• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that statement means that there’s at least precedence of such a split in evolution occurring. Said statement isn’t enough evidence to debunk this leak in itself.
But again, it could very well be an error on the Affleck leaker's part. It could have been that they meant Persian is getting an evolution and not Meowth, though I doubt it with Giga-Meowth being a thing.
Likewise, they could have meant a different cat Pokemon was going to evolve. I mean, for all we know they could have meant Meowstic was getting an evolution.

So....sobble becomes a frog? Because that’s all I can imagine with a retractable pouch on it’s throat.

We also don’t have any idea if meowth is an evo. While I do believe that Sentence means a regional evo. I don’t think it is a split evo. Either he does not evolve, or maybe he has a third evo, but I’m not sure I believe he gets another form. It’s totally possible he is even talking about Meowth itself, and knows it gets an regional evo, but does not know it’s name. It’s nearly impossible to say until it’s revealed.

Last edited:
I find this part hard to believe since we have Meteordyna. You know, "Dyna" as in Dynamax and "Meteor" as in an object that falls out of the sky, which is apparently something that happens at the start of the game and give us the power to Dynamax, that was let slipped by one of the preview.

Unless of course Meteordyna is secretly Eternatus and is evil all along. (Or Eternabbas which, side note, sounds dumb AF and what words does it suppose to come from?)
Meteor also likely refers to meteorology- study of the atmosphere and weather. That would tie in with the cloud phenomenon that seems to be connected with dynamaxing.

I wonder why anyone would even come up with "Eternabbas" when it's clearly too close to Eternatus.

But again, it could very well be an error on the Affleck leaker's part. It could have been that they meant Persian is getting an evolution and not Meowth, though I doubt it with Giga-Meowth being a thing.
Likewise, they could have meant a different cat Pokemon was going to evolve. I mean, for all we know they could have meant Meowstic was getting an evolution.
Honestly, I think he just ran from regional evolution straight into regional variants with describing what was probably Galarian Meowth. I feel that the gift Meowth, since it is only available via gift and can't evolve, doesn't necessarily rule out the presence of a regional variant that is actually native to the region.

I still say it's a new cat entirely or Glameow and Purugly are getting Galarian forms.

Or because the leaker obviously skipped Generation VI due to the "first fairy gym" BS, they probably thought Espurr was a new pokemon.
I'm down for a new cat Pokemon, or even a Galarian form for Glameow. Glameow could use some more game appearences in General, only appearing in 2 routes in Pokemon Pearl, a chance to appear in a Hidden Grotto in White 2, and in one of the Mirage Forests in ORAS. (Purugly was in a number of the Mirage Forests and the Mirage Islands). Definitely one of the very underused cat okemon. So even having it in this dex would be awesome, but a Galarian form would be really cool.

That, or a new cat Pokemon in general. we haven't seen the new cat baby yet, and if we don't get one I will be sad. not too sad, but sad. I'm already cat deprived in real-life GF please don't deprive me of new cat designs in the games!

I am actually okay with not seeing glameow again. I really dislike purugly. Like one of my all time least fav pokemon. I much prefer Skitty and Delcatty, and espurr, etc. plus the pyroar line. If we get a new cat though I would love to see a snowleopard

Honestly, I think he just ran from regional evolution straight into regional variants with describing what was probably Galarian Meowth. I feel that the gift Meowth, since it is only available via gift and can't evolve, doesn't necessarily rule out the presence of a regional variant that is actually native to the region.
God, I hope not. It already got a variant last gen and is getting a Gigantamax form...
I'm still holding out on it being a mistake since I'd rather a different cat'mon get a variant and evolution.

I am actually okay with not seeing glameow again. I really dislike purugly. Like one of my all time least fav pokemon. I much prefer Skitty and Delcatty, and espurr, etc. plus the pyroar line. If we get a new cat though I would love to see a snowleopard
While we're on felines, I'd like a tiger line.

A real tiger. Not a furry like Incineroar, or a mythical like Zeraora. Raikou is okay but...a tiger line would be really neat. Could see it being an Electric type line.

While we're on felines, I'd like a tiger line.

A real tiger. Not a furry like Incineroar, or a mythical like Zeraora. Raikou is okay but...a tiger line would be really neat. Could see it being an Electric type line.
Thank you for reminding me of Kotora, too bad it lost its chance to be in the games in Gen I and Gen II.

God, I hope not. It already got a variant last gen and is getting a Gigantamax form...
I'm still holding out on it being a mistake since I'd rather a different cat'mon get a variant and evolution.
I know the repetition would irk some people, but I actually would like to see just Meowth get another regional variant this gen... not because it needs one or that I love Meowth or am really hyped for it to get another form, but just because it would be confirmation already that multiple regional variants can happen for the same pokemon so we would have that precedent for future reference. It also opens the doors up more for fake leaks to get creative in that regard, so we can be less bored by slow news cycles in the future.

I know the repetition would irk some people, but I actually would like to see just Meowth get another regional variant this gen... not because it needs one or that I love Meowth or am really hyped for it to get another form, but just because it would be confirmation already that multiple regional variants can happen for the same pokemon so we would have that precedent for future reference. It also opens the doors up more for fake leaks to get creative in that regard, so we can be less bored by slow news cycles in the future.
I mean I'm down for repeat variants like it would be cool if Ninetales keeps getting new forms to round out all of the different weather setting options. I'd love to see a Ground-type variant that gets Sand Stream as a hidden ability, and a Water-type variant that gets Drizzle.

I just don't like the idea of it being Meowth specifically since it's starting to get too much.

I mean I'm down for repeat variants like it would be cool if Ninetales keeps getting new forms to round out all of the different weather setting options. I'd love to see a Ground-type variant that gets Sand Stream as a hidden ability, and a Water-type variant that gets Drizzle.

I just don't like the idea of it being Meowth specifically since it's starting to get too much.
a ghost type ninetales is a dream of mine.

I still say it's a new cat entirely or Glameow and Purugly are getting Galarian forms.

Or because the leaker obviously skipped Generation VI due to the "first fairy gym" BS, they probably thought Espurr was a new pokemon.
That's something I can see happening, considering that Espurr has spiky gray fur, which is how the leaker describes this hypothetical Galarian Meowth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom