• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash and Gou when Koharu walks out. Are they going to turn this into a love triangle? I was just expecting her to be a generic side character who has a crush on Gou, but it will a bit more interesting and comedic if it's the other way around.

Thoughts on the Trailer

Animation - Looks a lot Dynamic. Pikachu's Thunderbolt Animation has to be the best we have received ( All of them were crap anyway except for XY's and SM's lol ). I wonder how they will animate Z-Moves when we get to Alola.
Funny Faces - I counted like 30 or more in this trailer. I don't know if this will be a trend for the entire Series but I really don't mind since I liked them in Sun & Moon. Most of them seem to be based off of Ash and Gou's Interactions, pretty cool.
Gou - Already liking him. I wonder if that battle between Scorbunny and Pikachu is taking place in Galar. Still have plenty of concerns regarding his goal.
Ash & Pikachu - I wonder if the Reason for the First Episode being about Pikachu is if it is going to be Ash's one and only Pokemon this series. Once again, just a thought. Ash's Personality seems to be lively and young as Sun & Moon but he doesn't seem to be playing around in Battles so that is a nice touch.

Overall, I'm pretty excited, but I'm not as excited for the First Episode as others are. I wonder what the reason for the First Episode to be Pikachu's Backstory is. Is it a gimmick to make the Episode Trend and make more people watch the series? Or is this Series going to be focusing a lot on Ash and Pikachu exclusively.

Ash and Gou when Koharu walks out. Are they going to turn this into a love triangle? I was just expecting her to be a generic side character who has a crush on Gou, but it will a bit more interesting and comedic if it's the other way around.
View attachment 128241View attachment 128242
That's like, the second time Satoshi shows any sort of crush right?

As far as I remember the only time was back in early-Kanto xD

I've read in Serebii that the blush is from shame. Same thing as his blushing at Suiren in SM1.

So, I guess we need to see the sub.

While that Thunderbolt looked amazing, I thought it was funny that it took like 30 seconds to come out.

I suspect the part starting at 14:03 is the aftermath of Pikachu getting kicked by Scorbunny, who is about to regret it's rash actions.

That thunderbolt looks very nifty. (y)

Love how the battle animation looks. I really hope the interview's comment about Ash's desire to be the strongest battler as a consistent backbone" means we'll get some great battles.

The new footage looks pretty cool. I still like Ash's new outfit and his interactions with Go so far look pretty fun. I still don't know how I feel about Go or his goal, but he seems likable at least. That high five with Scorbunny was just adorable. I also like Ash's reaction to seeing Yamper for the first time since it is quite cute too. The new series still sounds potentially really good thus far for the most part.

It looks like Gou and Satoshi are more excited with how they met such an awesome friend and can't wait to tell Koharu about it. I don't know if Koharu has a crush on anyone.

Also... Ash didn't have a crush on Misty, the favored heorine in many fan's hearts. Ash didn't have a crush on Dawn, who was a co-protagonist and had a lot of interaction with Ash, both friendship and battle-wise. Ash didn't have a crush on Serena, who actually had a crush on him for years and kissed him for god's sake! If Ash has a crush on Koharu now after all those years of zero romance - especially with Serena - this is going to be outrageous.

I long since gave up optimism towards the series because it's always taken the worse route and just try to enjoy what gets presented to me while I try to ignore every series that came before. Doesn't mean it isn't annoying me.

Completely ignoring any previous companions or Regions and what Ash did there isn't in favor of catering older fans but way too easily possible. As we already know through the titles though, it really just is jumping from place to place just to be there instead of having any in-show red line. And so my last hopes for a greater continuity blows up and vanishes.
Nice, cheap excuse btw like people won't have anything to record the episodes and the internet doesn't provide the episodes in a variety of legal and illegal ways...
Well, this Episodic nature is mostly just taking previous Sagas to the extreme. Just means I won't be that excited for each episode like I was lately and just go back to watching them in bulks of 10-30 at a time though for the first ten I'll keep on watching weekly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom