• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the new preview. I really am liking how this series looks. The backgrounds are absolutely stunning, and all the characters look really good in motion. Seeing Yamper run around looks absolutely amazing. You can definitely see the corgi inspiration in it with this animation. I'm still not all that fond of Ash's new outfit choice, but his overall design is still quite nice. Definitely feels like some good mix between a tiny bit of X and Y, but mostly the Power of Us movie and X and Y's style. He looks really good.

Gou looks especially awesome. I think they did a really great job designing his character, and he looks quite fluid in his animations. I'm quite interested in watching this series and see how his goals will play out. It's funny, I actually noticed in his design recently on how much the colors in his outfit remind me of Zorua. I would love to see him get a Zorua on his team just for this reason.

I'm definitely excited to see the first episode next Sunday! Just another week and it will be here.

Ash looks amazing but I'm still not sold on his outfit.
I love Yamper, it's cute. Not really feeling Scorbunny, it just looks like the typical cute starter behavior to me. That and the fact we have almost 10 episodes with no sign of Sobble or Grookey, basically seals it's fate to forever be a Scorbunny. At least Ash isn't stuck with it, Rowlet was what held his Alola team back and Go wants to catch them all so it's just fine if Scorbunny stays as is.

I saw Ash throwing a ball so I guess that means he should be catching something soon? That or him and Go are trying to catch the same thing, Ash has impulsed thrown pokeballs before(Venonat/Iris, Dunsparce, etc)
And I sure hope Team Rocket have gotten their Galar captures if they're attacking the twerps soon, be annoying if they just show up with nothing to defend themselves

Ash looks amazing but I'm still not sold on his outfit.
I love Yamper, it's cute. Not really feeling Scorbunny, it just looks like the typical cute starter behavior to me. That and the fact we have almost 10 episodes with no sign of Sobble or Grookey, basically seals it's fate to forever be a Scorbunny. At least Ash isn't stuck with it, Rowlet was what held his Alola team back and Go wants to catch them all so it's just fine if Scorbunny stays as is.

I saw Ash throwing a ball so I guess that means he should be catching something soon? That or him and Go are trying to catch the same thing, Ash has impulsed thrown pokeballs before(Venonat/Iris, Dunsparce, etc)
And I sure hope Team Rocket have gotten their Galar captures if they're attacking the twerps soon, be annoying if they just show up with nothing to defend themselves
That Ash and Gou throwing Pokeball Thing may just be an eyecatch to use during ad-breaks.

That not necessarily will happen. New audience could consider old characters not different from CotD, since they don't have the emotional attachment to these characters.

I've read some things that @sc190191 have say. I don't exactly know what you are speaking.
If the audience doesn't seem interested in a recurring character with actual history with the main lead, why would you ever think they'd be interested in some random CotD throwaway character that Ash has no connection to? That's pretty much what @sc190191 goes into detail about with an actual example.
Ash didn't have a crush on Serena, who actually had a crush on him for years and kissed him for god's sake!
To be fair, she kissed him at the very end and he did react (after an initial period of being stunned) with glassy eyes and a bright smile (not to mention his memories of her were hers individually and not as a part of a group). Maybe if it had happened earlier then things would have been different.

Last edited:
Fighting over who gets the top bunk. Go and Ash really are brothers. :p
Go rhymes with bro.
I initially wanted Gou to be Ash's cousin (if not him, then at least Koharu/Sakuragi due to the hair color being similar to Delia's). Guess I got my wish in a way (though those three can always be blood related to Ash and it's not yet revealed).

I want to examine the missing episode title a little bit. The way I see it, there are only two reasons that the title is being censored; It contains the name of an unrevealed Pokemon or the name of an existing character. Looking at the episode 6 title and artwork, that episode most likely takes place in Kanto due to all the Kanto bugs in the art and the reference to Mew. With that said, I don't believe episode 7 will take place in Galar because it wouldn't make sense to jump back to Kanto for one episode and then all the way back to Galar again for an episode and THEN to Sinnoh. It's not off the table, but if this episode doesn't take place in Galar than it's unlikely an unrevealed Galar mon would be in the title or even the episode for that matter. Even so, with the amount of Galar Pokemon we've seen by now there's a fairly low chance that such an early episode would so prominently feature one we haven't seen yet. I'd also like to point out that many of us thought SM141's title was censored because it contained a gen 8 Pokemon, only for it to just be the name of an existing character (Kukui).

So it could be an unrevealed mon, but I find that unlikely. Let's look at characters. The obvious one is Hikari. The episode could be about meeting up with Hikari to set up for the next episode, and thus feature her name in the title. The problem with this is that episode 8 has "in the Sinnoh Region" in the title just like episode 9 contains "in the Jhoto Region." This implies episode 7 most likely won't take place in Sinnoh. One explanation for that is that Satoshi and Gou meet Hikari while traveling and they plan to travel back to Sinnoh together. But I think the more likely answer is that episode 7 features Satoshi and Gou meeting up with Takeshi. They'd already be in the Kanto region from episode 6. The episode title could have Takeshi's name in it and involve his plans to travel to the Sinnoh region on official business, and then Satoshi and Gou decide to travel there with him leading into episode 8.
I don't understand what Meowth meant by saying ''Its the same for us'' after Go said it was his first time seeing Team Rocket
The wording is odd but I thinks he's meant to be saying that that's their first time seeing Gou as well.

I was kind of hoping someone would go ahead and sub the whole special, but this is certainly nice too. Looks like we're not getting a love triangle after all. I wasn't expecting it, but it would have been an interesting change of pace.

tenor.gif

But I think the more likely answer is that episode 7 features Satoshi and Gou meeting up with Takeshi. They'd already be in the Kanto region from episode 6. The episode title could have Takeshi's name in it and involve his plans to travel to the Sinnoh region on official business, and then Satoshi and Gou decide to travel there with him leading into episode 8.

I hope so, but on the other hand I'm thinking they might take some time to establish the new characters before they start bringing old characters in. Brock and Misty didn't show up in SM until about a year into it for example.

I hope so, but on the other hand I'm thinking they might take some time to establish the new characters before they start bringing old characters in. Brock and Misty didn't show up in SM until about a year into it for example.
Same, but the problem is Piplup and Croagunk are featured in episode 8. If old characters are returning, it's basically now or never.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom