• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Story Pokémon SwSh Datamine Thread (SPOILER WARNING, It's Finally Here!)

Inteleon got only shadow ball? what dragon moves?
no poison moves? did someone checked that?
a basilisk looking, fast pokemon thats a spy without poison coverage?
a bad joke? not even toxic? no cross poison, poison tail?
they literaly created a too water based Sceptile with Sniper?

Interesting if the Chameleon gets Ilusion or a new better ability, fingers crossed for Invisible pokemon this generation, some would realy derve something like that a ability or maybe move... they can always implement it into gen 4 remakes and bring it over into the sequel... Maybe Invisible retreat the pokemon becomes invisible, switches out and when switching in retains the invisibility? that plus a ability would make fun...
Sniper? I get Snipe shot... again a special attacker but very fast... a fast physical poison type would be much better... without the flying and wings... seriously, a spy? a spy? where? why? why? why?

Weird because with watere/poison or that water/ghost typing Inteleon would be much more atractive. With water/poison we could make it get motor drive and say it has toxins in body for that...

How did it get so much ice moves? I have hoped a less ice obsessed starter...

Aplin got Bulletproof but Flapple didn't get Disquise? come one? Hustle and? Glutony? at least the Recover and Glutony makes sense but Hustle?

Can someone test Grav Aple? is Bulletproof protecting? does Gravity double it's power?

Graploct has one more ability slot to get Water Absorb or Dry Skin, lets hope...

Can someone check if the user of Soak can use Soak on itself? Maybe it's possible this time?

Hope that Rillaboom won't get Gorilla tactics woyld be to simple... seriously, to simple and bad after Grassy Surge... I don't get them...
they give it Grassy terrain and know it can Dynamax and use Max move to summon it... they are not trolling now but showing us something...
Hope they don't give it Grassy Surge, rather that gorilla tactics and Soundproof or new sound ability to reflect sound moves back with that drum.. hope the drum move is a sound move. Wasted oportunity for a grass/steel or grass/rock pokemon this generation. Looks like they wanted to make grass/dark or grass/ground, water/flying and fire/fighting.... seriously... looks that sinful and wrong way.
Rillaboom learns no rock or steel moves? why??? realy weird? No drain punch? no bullet punch? really weird pokemon all together... has a Drum but no additional typing? its dark, silver, has vines as hair, brings Bob Marley into mind... seriously grass/steel or grass/rock... would be good here.

Tea time? only eating berries? what with potions? why not make it funny and change effect of berries and potions when consuming them? make them poison, burn, sleep or paralyze the foe?

Cinderace, No U-turn????
Stats ok, moves ok, could got Court change as a new ability when entering battle... Libero cool but too Greninja like... shame that not fire/electric, magnet rise(would avoid electric), electro ball and electro web would be nice for footbal as motive with it's pyro ball.
No Energy Ball? most diverse moveset of all of them, realy scary... Hope they avoid Libero or change it's effect to that of Court Change, would be much better then type boosting... too fire Greninja...

Seriously, why didn't they give them type change this generation and grass and water got so weird? too much fan wishesh of a water/ice and grass/dark pokemon? and too much jokes of fire fighting made Game freak , Nintento and Pokemon company troll and punish us all...
Seriously... bad way to play with fans that love the game.

Hope they plan some forms in future for these because gen 2 monotype hell isn't my thing. Realy hope sequel allows them to G-max,
mega evolve or something to change that... or give better movesets, hidden and secodary abilities... a big down grade after gen 6 and 7 that went into a good direction with dual typed starters...

___
Whats the difference between G-moves Centiferno and Wild Fire??? one traps for 5 turns?
fire spin and Wild fire does bigger damage in 4 turns?
non of them causes a burn??? maybe because of will-o-wisp and Inferno?

G-max Volcalith? rock and damage? seriously Primal Land effect to make water moves not work and make it last for 4 turns would be perfect for Coalosal and hope that maybe it could get a second G-move next games. Realy should.

and why did they make G-Max Depletion give a Disable effect for 3 turns? would be much better then this? is that the real effect
Reduces the PP of the last move used. makes the PP 1 point of the oponents last move or reduces it to zero? can someone check that out?

Is G-max move Resonance a sound move and can it get blocked with Soundproof? to not acctivate it's effect? hope that it is.

Interesting we got a pair electric, fire , grass , water , fairy and steel moves? 2 for each? normal types got 3?
Hmmm makes me wonder what will be in sequel games taking that non Galar mon got so many tpes?
Galarians will get their redemption?

Grimmsnarl great pokemon but Pickpocket and Frisk? feels wasted?
Mirror Armor, Aftermath, Cursed Body, Flash Fire, Dazzling would fit it much better.
also a move that makes oponent sleep? Darkrai... no defense boosting moves? no fly, bounce, dig, phantom force? shadow sneak?

Weird that no new pokemon got Sundproof , Dazling or Queenly majesty? Did someone checked Vespiqueen and Nidoqueen?

Copperjah Heavy metal? Give it Lighningrod, motor drive, bulletproof ... Steam Engine or water compaction would be better for a hidden ability. Hope they give it better secondary and change that heavy metal into something else.... or make heacy and light metal block some moves or reduce damage from some types... seriously. It is heavy enough with 1433.0lbs 650kg.... they are trolling us with Duradulon and it getting Hecy metal... realy trolling like with Pressure with Eternatus and Corviknight... where Intimadate would be much better.
They didn't even reduced pp to 3 but made it still 2... presure should reduce oponents PP by half of full then it would be at least usefull.

Would need magnet rise, a priority move and sound moves like Boom burts, a steel damage dealing sound move.(Bell Trunk)

Hmmm Morpeko , aura wheel power 110, good, type changinng move, rises users speed, why not also attack? but ok a good pokemon...

Hmmm they could have created a ability to give ground immunity (Copperjah)
or made heavy metal half ground and rock move damage
and light metal could half electric and fire damage... at least...

could someone check new moves for priority and reaction to old and new abilities and moves more maybe we don't know alot about the new pokemon? Like Telepathy maybe it blocks the same moves from double battles in single battle mode too?
With the speed and hypnosis Orbeetle may have a niche but bad that no bug type got dazzling or queenly majesty... realy bad... swarm? seriously? maybe they hope it sets up psychic terrain or that gravity while g-max stops flying, hope that stops all flying moves now for 5 turns.

Would have given:
sandcombra dry skin instead of sand veil...
centiskorch would get Dry Skin instead of white smoke...
Drednaw Bulletproof instead of shell armmor/swift swim...
Yamper Thick Fat,

Bolthound Soundproof

Pinchurin- Sap sipper or Innards out?
it eats sea weeds... maybe was ment to be part water? or poison?
Banneful bunker and Spiky Shield here needed seriously to buff it up.

Frisk only checks the oponents item... why doesnt it block its effect till the item is in it's own hands?

Frostmoth without Powder and Pollen puff? Freeze Dry?
are they kidding me now? it needs that .
Instead of Hurricane Bounce or Fly for a Moth woud be better. No ice shard and no first impression with that coverage?
___

Interesting if they changed Wimp out, Emergency exit? weird that no new pokemon got it, would fit some of them at least...

_
Toxtricity? interesting? f only pokemon could use more then one ability... like 2 abilities... in battle.

Too much moves with no in battle purpose and that only boost alies and not the pokemon itself...
Pokemon should be able to stand alone in battle too, be suportive but not dependent totaly from others...

Stonejourner? no fairy coverage?
Power Point? only allies? it should power itself up all stats when entering battle first... or during sandstorms gain sand face against special attacks(counterpart to ice face Eiscue)
Perserker and steel spirit? steel worker was better... good pair with Dhelmise here actualy.

Sirfetch'd and Spiky Shield? come on here... realy? seriously? others got Power whip without even the right typing...

Mr Mime and Rime... tangled feet? cleaning screens? ie body that heals 1/16 hp but should 1/12 in reality?
no new move to call all screens up on your side after cleaning them, no ability to pull screens to your side? where is Jinx? feels weird, realy weird?
ice/psyhic? ice/bug, ice/fire and ice? nothing more this generation?

Eiscue with dark typing and it's ability at least would need to worry about psyhic types...

You know what would be cool if the signature moves of fossils this generation would allow them to type change if they got the other fossil counterpart as a item on them.

Dracozolt into Arctozolt and reverse
Dracivish into Arctovish and reverse.
Would allow for some fun with weather changing.
Hmmm the fossils get a lot this gen if you give them Dynamax and terrain and weather actually... interesting if volt absorb gets boost from electric terrain and water absorb from rain like it should be too...

Dragapult and Clear Body is a misuderstanding? other abilities are good, weird that it didnt get Parental Bond here taking its shoting them? actualy?
would need Magnet Rise with that speed actualy? as a recompensation?
also Dig? Fly? Bounce?
no poison or fairy gas or steam moves?
Some ball, shoot, bullet , missile moves? pin missile and others?

Polteageist and Copperjah need Scald and aqua ring as coverage and thats no joke here...
and weird that Polteageist doesnt get aqua ring and poison moves as coverage that toxic and purify trick would be great here.
Liquid Oze or water absorb Polteageist?

what were they doing 3 years when creating this games? sleeping, joking and getting mad at fans for insults and bad jokes?
and trolling us long lasting fans and new kids? come on be above low key critisism and start creating good games like gen 6 and 7 again.
__
Hmmm Delphox with Magic Powder, switcheroo and Magician seems now better taking all those items and item users this generation and Incinerate gets now a new berry meaning. Interesting how it will react to new berry moves and abilities?

Falinks? fighting? fighting/bug/ ? fighting/steel? fighting/dark? what were they thinking? Defiant and battle armor?
why not mirror armor here? why not bulletproof? why not sturdy? overcoat?
why not a substitute like ability here? got priority at least here.

Centiskorch and Corviknight, both need Clanging Scales
Centiskorch needs Steam Roller, centipede...
Dig? Banneful Bunker? they are poisonus... Scolepede should also get that.
Corviknight chatter and some sound moves.

Tar shot? why no damage dealing, would make it have low base power of 30 or 40 taking its effect.
Coalossal where is Accel rock? seriously that G-max should destroy terrains and cause Primal land for 4 turns... would be much better.
Without D and G-max it would need Dig and Magnet Rise to be more unpredictable for water and ground types...
If Golem , Nosepas , Agrron, Bastiodon, Volcarona got Magnet Rise then a fire/rock Coalossal should too.
(or create a ground move that gives immunity to ground moves for 5 turns)

Last edited:
hmmm Jaw Lock works on ghost types or not?
the are immune to trapping? to this kind of move too, damage too big, maybe lower?
weird that again dark typed, should be normal, rock, water or normal actualy...

but to the damage? it's not priority?
Hmm maybe they try to balance Stake Out+Pursuit before next games?
U-turn and switch out users ....

Now we got a dark type fox with Stake Out, with pursuit it would get a 4x40=160 base power move with stab for pokemon who try to escape battle.

Pursuit should be a prioity move? ghosts and psychic had harsh with that? if it would be a +1 priority move taking its base power then it would be acceptable... when oponent would want to escape it would always want to hit it .
Maybe lower accuracy 85%? Even during a Pursuit the target could escape. Stake Out would make that it could hit 100% always.
Seriously Pursuit would be a good dual typed dark/normal move then it would not hit ghost types.
Maybe ghosts should be immune to Pursuit? or not?
taking queenly majesty, psychic terrain and dazzling...
Or they worrried about Ejet pack item?

Hmmm maybe they worried psychic types decreased teleport is a problem? why not make teleport a +3 increased priority move and allow to switch out user or foe? would always outspeed Pursuit users and allow psychic to escape... and avoid the move...
Run away could allow pokemon to switch out without worrying about binding and trapping moves and pursuit during regular (no wild) battles between trainers.

Maybe they want our opinions about the cut off moves what should happen with them? what should change? buffed/nerfed? never come back?

Maybe they wanted to see how competitive and regular players react when they can't use the most used moves? or try to see what fns will miss and what not? colect data? interesting if next games bring them back and you deleted them...

Last edited:
Also, Farfetch’d evolves by KOing 3 Pokémon in one battle

Does this mean that Farfetch'd can only evolve from Trainer battle? (Unless there's some kind of SOS battle or Horde Encounter)

I'd rather have it evolve by defeating total of 20 > Pokemon (in separate battle) instead, but oh well. ¯\(ツ)

can someone check One-hit knockout moves?
using them against the oponents Dynamax and Gigantamax pokemon if they work better or the same?

Always can use No Guard or Lock on but would be good to know for sure...

Lame that he new ones somehow have not seen but they don't learn them especialy or maybe I'm wrong?

Are there any 3d models for the Gen 8 mon?

I'd like to see them (and the other G-Max forms) outside of the sprites and leaked screenshots.

Are there any 3d models for the Gen 8 mon?

I'd like to see them (and the other G-Max forms) outside of the sprites and leaked screenshots.

youtube?

notify me if we know whats the difference between Protect moves and Max Guard when they meet regular moves, Phantom Force, Fein, D-max moves and G-max moves. That interests me if they are better in that matter then Z-moves taking the 3 turn limit.

If Max-Guard can protect against these moves:

and other Max moves then we have something... interesting if G-max moves could break through Max Guard, in my opinion they should but weaker then through versions of Protects....

So... Bulbapedia's saying that Eternatus's Japanese name is ムゲンダイナ Mugendaina

rip Mythical Meteordyna
Ugh, they rarely change a legendary's name and they did it this time to make it less connected to the mechanic it's connected to?

These games never cease to disappoint me.

Ugh, they rarely change a legendary's name and they did it this time to make it less connected to the mechanic it's connected to?

A Pokemon's Japanese name isn’t really a huge disappointment for me to mull over compared to maybe stuff like Dexit and the game corrupting SD cards...

I do understand the frustration though. Personally I prefer the sound of Eternatus as a name... I do wonder why was the decision taken for it to have drastically different Japanese and English names, though.

A Pokemon's Japanese name isn’t really a huge disappointment for me to mull over compared to maybe stuff like Dexit and the game corrupting SD cards...

I do understand the frustration though. Personally I prefer the sound of Eternatus as a name... I do wonder why was the decision taken for it to have drastically different Japanese and English names, though.
It's not a huge disappointment on that level, yeah, but I was looking forward to seeing Meteordyna and just on top of everything else it's another drop in the bin of things I was excited for about these games and then let down by. =/ It's become a long long list.

Mugen means infinite in Japanese. How is infinite + dynamax not connected to Eternatus and its lore?

You misunderstood- infinite+dyna is connected to the lore, but Eternatus completely drops the reference to dynamax from its name.
It does but it gains Eternity part, likely referencing to
the eternal dynamax thing it does called Eternamax.

It does but it gains Eternity part, likely referencing to
the eternal dynamax thing it does called Eternamax.

Legit looks like a Mass Effect Reaper. Just as just as broken as one, too. Near 1200 BST? I thought this game was about.... balance? :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom