• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh How's the OST (Official Soundtrack) of Sword/Shield so far to you?

How would you rate the OST out of /10 so far?

• Total voters
I dunno about you guys, but I think ALL the battle themes in these games are absolutely outstanding. And so varied, to! I've never had more trouble picking out a favorite one.

So far for me it's a lot like the majority of Pokemon generations, with mostly forgettable OSTs. So that's disappointing. I like the theme in the early sections of Wild Area and the Hammerlocke city theme.

I like it.

Granted, I love video game sound tracks in general and especially the Pokemon soundtracks (heck, even the original trainer battle theme from red and blue sounds great) but still it's pretty good.

I think it's great. Granted, some themes, like the early routes, are a bit meh-ish, but pretty much all of the battle themes are incredible. Slumber Weald was also extremely good, as it sets the atmosphere perfectly, with just the right amount of suspense and fear mixed in. I even like the "victory" themes, mostly the Gym Battle trainer ones. Even my pet bird starts singing along or bobbing his head with some of these, and he's very finicky about music (so am I, for that matter, as I only like listening to game tracks, as songs with lyrics can get stuck in my head very easily to the point it drives me crazy). The Gym Leader Battle theme is also very good, especially since it changes on which side's Mon gets KOed, along with the chanting and cheering at the end. It feels very fitting for a packed stadium event. Hop's theme is, regrettably, the only battle theme that's "okay", as Marnie's and Bede's lightyears better. Sure, it fits his more friendly nature, but it doesn't have the same "rival" feel as Marine or Bede have. But, overall, I'd say they pretty much KOed most other Pokemon game tracks (BW will always be king, however, since they introduced the more "dynamic" music concept and had overall great tunes). With the exception of a few tracks, the game's music is pretty solid.

Hau's battle theme is better than Hop's. I didn't really like Hau's battle theme all that much either.

When it comes to music, I'm mostly very finnicky especially with music genres, but video game music can win me over easily a lot of the time., even if s9me of it is competitive.

I like Marnie's and Rose's themes but they almost feel a little too good. Rose's theme sounds super ominous, which makes him seem like a Ghetsis type of character which he isn't really even if he isn't the greatest person.

Marine's theme is also great but her character isn't dramatic enough, it feels more like a theme that should play after some sort of character development like Wally's theme.

I love it. While plenty doesn’t stick out, when I’m battling rivals and gym leaders, I always have my sound on. When the gym leaders dynamax, that cheering section hypes me up.

and the music involving the legendaries is beautiful and so perfect.

The team skull theme and BW rival theme are the only other ones that have ever sounded super cool, and not nearly as much as some of te music in this game.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom