• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens I - VIII)

Quick question regarding affection. Since we can't see the affection levels of a Mon (like with the "heart scale", if you will, in previous gens), we can't tell what the affection level is. Which brings me to my question: Will trading a Mon then trading it back shortly afterward reset the affection level to zero? Or will it stay where it was if it was traded back fast enough (like how past gens allowed for the affection level to be restored to their original value when traded back within a day)? Say, for example, I want to trade over a Cinderace from Shield to Sword in order to teach it Fire Punch before I'd have access to said move (as the TM can only be bought in the Wyndon, where the Champion Cup takes place at the end of the game) before trading it back to Shield shortly afterward. Will Cinderace's affection level be reset, or will it return to its previous value prior to the trade? Thanks in advance.

Quick question regarding affection. Since we can't see the affection levels of a Mon (like with the "heart scale", if you will, in previous gens), we can't tell what the affection level is. Which brings me to my question: Will trading a Mon then trading it back shortly afterward reset the affection level to zero? Or will it stay where it was if it was traded back fast enough (like how past gens allowed for the affection level to be restored to their original value when traded back within a day)? Say, for example, I want to trade over a Cinderace from Shield to Sword in order to teach it Fire Punch before I'd have access to said move (as the TM can only be bought in the Wyndon, where the Champion Cup takes place at the end of the game) before trading it back to Shield shortly afterward. Will Cinderace's affection level be reset, or will it return to its previous value prior to the trade? Thanks in advance.
I thought Affection previously always returned to its previous value when traded back to the game of origin? Regardless of how much time had passed?

Also, you can see the level of Affection/Friendship in Camp. Call a 'mon to you and see how they react. The amount of hearts appearing indicates the level. To my understanding, 2 hearts is a soft cap, after which you'll have to make bit of an effort to raise their Affection/Friendship.

I don't know definitively, but the lowest star raid I've seen in the post-game is a 3-star so I want to say no.
Hmm I’m wondering if maybe it’s just really rare, though? It’s the only way to encounter Pichu, Cleffa, and Wynaut in the wild without breeding which is why I’m interested. But if someone could tell me for sure that would be much appreciated.

Hmm I’m wondering if maybe it’s just really rare, though? It’s the only way to encounter Pichu, Cleffa, and Wynaut in the wild without breeding which is why I’m interested. But if someone could tell me for sure that would be much appreciated.

I think it's just really rare. Recently, I had a 2-Star Max Raid Battle in my main Sword version which contained a Metapod (and that file is in the post-game), so I think you can still get 1-Star Max Raid Battles, but they'll be on the scarce side. If you have any Wishing Pieces, it might be time to try using them in order to provoke the Max Raid Battle you want. I'm not 100% sure, but since I had a Max Raid Battle that was less than 3 stars recently, I think you can still find low-level Max Raid Battles, but you'll have to really hunt for them or potentially use any Wishing Pieces to force it.

Do we know how likely you are to get Hidden Abilities from raids? I'm planning a future team and I'd like to use a Barraskewda with Propeller Tail. Can any raid tier give a HA or is it just the 5-star raids or the purple beam raids or what?

I am making this thread mostly for the Tart and Sweet Apple item. I have Shield and I have already picked up the Sweet Apple from Axew's Eye and Hammerlocke. Online it does say that the Axew's Eye Sweet/Tart apple sometimes respawns. No further info has been given as far as I know. It has been weeks, and I have not seen it. I would like to get some more so I can get a shiny Appletun and so another friend of mine can have an Appletun.
Does anyone know how often the respawn happens for Sweet/Tart Apple or if there is something you have to do for it to respawn?
I have seen some people online say they have been able to pick one up everyday which is like magic to me because I haven't had any luck at all for it respawning.

I think it's just really rare. Recently, I had a 2-Star Max Raid Battle in my main Sword version which contained a Metapod (and that file is in the post-game), so I think you can still get 1-Star Max Raid Battles, but they'll be on the scarce side. If you have any Wishing Pieces, it might be time to try using them in order to provoke the Max Raid Battle you want. I'm not 100% sure, but since I had a Max Raid Battle that was less than 3 stars recently, I think you can still find low-level Max Raid Battles, but you'll have to really hunt for them or potentially use any Wishing Pieces to force it.
Sweet, thanks! I really hope this is true. I’ve been trying the raid exploit to generate a Cleffa for a while with no luck so I want to make sure I’m not on a wild goose chase lol. Hopefully this is true for one star raids as well as two star.

Sweet, thanks! I really hope this is true. I’ve been trying the raid exploit to generate a Cleffa for a while with no luck so I want to make sure I’m not on a wild goose chase lol. Hopefully this is true for one star raids as well as two star.

Well, like I said, it may take a lot of time and save scumming to provoke it, as well as, perhaps, letting the clock cycle over to the next day to potentially "refresh" the system. Hard to say, really, but I *do* know that you can get at least 2-Star, as I ended up in another one just this morning while collecting Watts in the same file. And, if all else fails, I could get/breed you what you need, if you'd like, as I'm in the process of filling out the missing spots in my dex anyway, which includes Mons like Cleffa and Wynaut, so if you need some extra help (or run out of patience, whichever happens first), drop me a line.

Now it's my turn to ask a question. Because Gym Badges have a different function in these games, what does that mean about "obedience"? As in, does obedience even exist in these games anymore? Can a traded Mon obey its new "master" without fuss, or do you still need a certain number of Badges for it to obey you when it gets to a certain Level? Thanks in advance.

Now it's my turn to ask a question. Because Gym Badges have a different function in these games, what does that mean about "obedience"? As in, does obedience even exist in these games anymore? Can a traded Mon obey its new "master" without fuss, or do you still need a certain number of Badges for it to obey you when it gets to a certain Level? Thanks in advance.
Obedience still exists in the games, according to Bulbapedia. You still need X badge if you want traded Pokémon of Y level to obey you (e.g.: You need the Grass badge if you want lv30 traded Pokémon to obey you).

I am making this thread mostly for the Tart and Sweet Apple item. I have Shield and I have already picked up the Sweet Apple from Axew's Eye and Hammerlocke. Online it does say that the Axew's Eye Sweet/Tart apple sometimes respawns. No further info has been given as far as I know. It has been weeks, and I have not seen it. I would like to get some more so I can get a shiny Appletun and so another friend of mine can have an Appletun.
Does anyone know how often the respawn happens for Sweet/Tart Apple or if there is something you have to do for it to respawn?
I have seen some people online say they have been able to pick one up everyday which is like magic to me because I haven't had any luck at all for it respawning.

The items under the tree respawn daily but it's completely random what appears. Some days it's just fancy apples but occasionally you can can find the Tart/Sweet apple. I usually get one of the apples about every 4 days or so.

Does anyone know if you can soft reset in front of a strong Pokémon, to search for shinies?

I'm just curious, because I'd love to have a shiny Orbeetle, but I haven't seen any videos on this. /shrug

Is it possible via any method to get a starter Pokemon with a different ball besides a regular Pokeball? Breeding etc?
I'd just love a Scorbunny/Cinderace in a Fast Ball

Is it possible via any method to get a starter Pokemon with a different ball besides a regular Pokeball? Breeding etc?
I don't think it's currently possible to get the starters in anything besides a regular Pokeball considering you can only get them as a gift from Leon, or as the offspring of one of the gifted starters.

Since its original name is Mugendaina, which is pretty similar. Original leaks thread is closed, so only way to discuss it to open a new thread. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom