• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Less Side Games

Man I loved a bunch of the side games. Snap for obvious reasons. They could do so much more with the modern system technology. I mean hell, the 3DS was the perfect system to have a new pokemon Snap game on, and switch still has the gyro controls (as much as I hate them and having to unplug my gamecube styled switch controller to do the damn gyro puzzles in Breath of the Wild...) so they could have those as an optional control method for a camera. I've even fantasized about my own concept for a pokemon snap that had open world exploration elements to it.

I loved the minigames in Pokemon Stadium (I never got to play the second one) and was disappointed when Colosseum and that other game I forget the title of didn't have them. The Pokepark series looked like it had something similar and fun but I never got to play any of those.

I liked Pokemon Rumble Blast and thought the concept and pokemon designs were cute... sadly the series has been delegated to phone app trash titles meaning that in order to collect all the little pokemon you'll be expected to shell out some cash for better odds. There's a reason I quit playing Animal Crossing Pocket Camp. I shouldn't be required to buy the crappy in-game currency to feel like I'm actually able to get even half of the content.

I even adored the concept of Hey You, Pikachu! I wish they'd make another game like this but instead of having a microphone and mostly relying on the pokemon to do things, it'd be more of a Petz style raising one of the cute first stage pokemon and interacting with them and the world. Decorate your player's room with things you collected outside (or bought like in pokemon Channel, one of the actually fun things I found in that game), play with your pokemon with various toys (kind of also like POkemon Camp except you have more toys than feather toy and like 6 different types of ball that are functionally identical). And, since they seem obsessed with online interaction as a core feature even now that we have to pay to interact online with other people, you could probably even connect with another player and your pokemon could play together in a special park area where you could also trade items or something. Now tell me you don't want to play a game where you take care of an Alolan Vulpix and go on picnics and treasure hunts with them. Or a Snubble. Man I want this non-existent game so badly.

Well we got a PMD remake that literally nobody asked for so maybe we're in store for a Pokemon Ranger and Dash remake soon?

Given that the original rescue team games were on the GBA a remake is a pretty good idea. Unlike a lot of video game remakes where you can play them on systems that are still in circulation (coughAce Attorneycough) you can't play them unless you own a GBA. But a remake? Boom, new market. These kids haven't heard of PMD because are last games weren't so hot so we can get away with a remake. And hey, those 20something probably lost their GBA ages ago so here ya go, have some nostalgia. It's almost fool proof.

Because they were better than the main series games and Game Freak felt threatened by them.
I don't think GameFreak felt threatened by relatively obscure games that sold far less than theirs.
Given that the original rescue team games were on the GBA... you can't play them unless you own a GBA
Blue Rescue team can be played on the 3DS and is identical to Red outside of some minor things.

The remake even uses the Blue mascots...
Blue.jpg

By the way, both versions were re-released for the Wii U, and let's just say that the Switch could easily get post-SNES games if Nintendo weren't against it for whatever reason.

I guess they're using the remake as a test for the series' remaining potential? If it doesn't do well...

Last edited:
It's odd they "softened" the art up so much.
Still very hyped for this.
Edit: Hmm. The original art made me think Meowth was the rescue target but in the new one he seems to be part of the team.

I don't understand how both boxarts can be used for a single version. The other side of the box is supposed to be filled with text.

I don't understand how both boxarts can be used for a single version. The other side of the box is supposed to be filled with text.
There are a good amount of Switch games that have no text on the back of the boxart. My copy of BotW doesn't have text on the back.

The BoTW box I've found online does have text and certainly screenshots. They used a different boxart for the European version, though.
Well, I did get the bundle with the Switch case and map and whatnot. It was probably on the back of the cardboard box.

Detective Pikachu 2 will be the bigger title this year, but I'm sort of dreading it despite liking the first game. "Watch the ending of the movie done in another way!" isn't compelling enough, so it depends on the scope of the city this time around.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom